Thomas or Rask - Who WILL be Number 1

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from biggskye. Show biggskye's posts

Re: Thomas or Rask - Who WILL be Number 1

In Response to Re: Thomas or Rask - Who WILL be Number 1:
    [QUOTE]Thomas will let in a few easy goals as usual and will be mostly be riding the bench!
    Posted by umgawa[/QUOTE]

What an idiot!
    Another one for the ignore list.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Shadowcpt. Show Shadowcpt's posts

[QUOTE]Rask 70% Thomas 30%
    Posted by fordprefect[/QUOTE]

Yes, I agree with that breakdown.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thomas or Rask - Now go get 32 minutes for arguing with a referee...
    Posted by juniorfalcons19[/QUOTE]

This will never cease being funny.

Ever.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

Rask wrestled the #1 job from Thomas last year and he ain't ever gonna give it back. Unless he gets injured, Rask will not allow that to happen otherwise.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from screw-cindy-and-ovie. Show screw-cindy-and-ovie's posts

What I don't understand is that people seem to "guarantee" Rask will have a sophomore slump. People also seem to guarantee that Thomas will regain his Vezina form. Neither is guaranteed nor impossible.

As for the season, whoever said Rask 70/30 is right. That seems reasonable to me

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from NorthernBrewin. Show NorthernBrewin's posts

Timmy is very competitive and emotional, I like that.

Tuukka is the ice man. I want to see Tuukka throw a milk crate again :)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from screw-cindy-and-ovie. Show screw-cindy-and-ovie's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thomas or Rask - Who WILL be Number 1 : This will never cease being funny. Ever.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]
    Ok, I found someone who knows the story. Ive seen people make fun of PB37 for it, but I don't really know the story. NAS, will you please explain it to me? Apparantley pbergeron played hockey and got a 32 minute penalty for arguing with a ref? If that is true, is there more to the story? Please elaborate.

*Doesnt necessarily have to be NAS, anyone who knows the story. Thanks

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thomas or Rask - Who WILL be Number 1 : Julien doesn't like Thomas? How do you know that? And a goalie - or any other player, for that matter - who plays well is not a headache.
    Posted by duinne[/QUOTE]

Watch flapjaws Cj when they pan to him after a TT goal or even a save, he looks like he swallowed something painful and trying to pass it, then the opp when Rask makes a save he is the head chearleader when he puts down his bucket of chicken.

Cj has tried several goalies over the past years to upseat TT and it couldn't be done, Rask did it near end of season and he ran him into the ground even though he had nothing left in his'tank' rather than put the other 'tank in when it was obvious to anyone (with any hockey sense) that a change was required.  Heaven forbid I was actually lookin to see if Keenan was available to jumpstart Frankenstein.

Both are required as I don't see Rask ready to handle 75 games yet, it will be more like 62 to 41 to win the cup.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

I just hope they both play lights out, red light is out that is!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]I have never been a huge fan of Tim THomas' style. I think his style creates chaos for the Dmen around him & his style causes him to be out of position a lot which is the reason he has made some highlite reel saves in the past. I certainly believe that Rask is the guy & will be the guy going forward as opposed to Thomas. I have been against the Thomas signing since the day Chia pannicked & signed him to a 4 yr deal. That was bad enough but the fact he also gave him a NTC/NMC with Rask who was highly touted at the time & waiting in the wings was ridiculous. Add to that the fact that it is a 35+ contract makes it that much more of an albatross. However, with all that said I am a Bruins fan 1st & foremost. So I really hope that Thomas can rebound in some form & increase his trade value. It is evident that the Bruins could not find a taker in the summer. Given the goalie market this summer another team would have been fools to take that gamble. So if Thomas can rebound at least as a solid backup or even split 50% of the time with Rask another team maybe willing to take a gamble at the deadline if they need a tender. If Thomas continues to decline into this season he will continue to be untradeable. Hence the Bruins will be stuck with that contract for an additional 2 yrs after this one since it is a 35+ contract. The best case scenerio for the Bruins now is for THomas to rebound & at least put up some decent backup numbers. As for your original question. I believe Rask will continue to be the number 1 but Thomas will play in an attempt for the Bs to increase his trade value so they can at some point rid themselves of that albatross contract. Chia, more then anyone, wants Thomas to rebound because that signing has made Chia look like a fool. Apparently he didn't realize the rules of the CBA when he signed Thomas.
    Posted by Newfiebullet[/QUOTE]
    You're an albatrose as a fan Newfie! You're ANALsysts of goaltending is way off! You're a TT basher & hater! Nothing more & nothing less! You're like all the rest of them! You're out of mind to want to give the franchise over to a 23 yr old who only has 50 NHL games under his belt! It's no different than making Jonny Boychuk a #1 defenseman! Get a clue!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thomas or Rask - Who WILL be Number 1 : Watch flapjaws Cj when they pan to him after a TT goal or even a save, he looks like he swallowed something painful and trying to pass it, then the opp when Rask makes a save he is the head chearleader when he puts down his bucket of chicken. Cj has tried several goalies over the past years to upseat TT and it couldn't be done, Rask did it near end of season and he ran him into the ground even though he had nothing left in his'tank' rather than put the other 'tank in when it was obvious to anyone (with any hockey sense) that a change was required.  Heaven forbid I was actually lookin to see if Keenan was available to jumpstart Frankenstein. Both are required as I don't see Rask ready to handle 75 games yet, it will be more like 62 to 41 to win the cup.
    Posted by No4BobbyOrr-GOAT[/QUOTE]

You've got to be kidding. You're judging a goalie's standing by "deciphering" the expression on a coach's face? Are you serious? From what I see of Julien, the only time he really changes expression is when he's hollering at the officials - from grim to angry. I don't think I'ver ever once seen him smile behind the bench, even after a Bruin makes a spectacular play.

Julien hasn't been trying to "unseat" Thomas - he's playing the best goalie at that particular time that gives the team the best chance to win. When Thomas is hot, it's him. When he's in one of his "fall down and wave helplessly" modes, it's not. And as for not playing him at the end of last year, I guess you missed the story that he had a torn hip labrum and had surgery after the playoffs?

"Heaven forbid I was actually lookin to see if Keenan was available to jumpstart Frankenstein"? I have no idea what this means.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thomas or Rask - Who WILL be Number 1 : Ok, I found someone who knows the story. Ive seen people make fun of PB37 for it, but I don't really know the story. NAS, will you please explain it to me? Apparantley pbergeron played hockey and got a 32 minute penalty for arguing with a ref? If that is true, is there more to the story? Please elaborate. *Doesnt necessarily have to be NAS, anyone who knows the story. Thanks
    Posted by screw-cindy-and-ovie[/QUOTE]

You act like a dungpile towards me with your foolish signature and then look to me for a little insight?

Look elsewhere.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]32 minutes for arguing offsides at that.Two things for sure, pbergeron never got 32 mins for anything,and the only hockey he ever played involved a controller.
    Posted by juniorfalcons19[/QUOTE]

And he blew out both knees by jumping up and down when his cat unplugged his PS3 before he could save his season.

15. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts