Thomas Trade Value Just Got Higher

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TuukkainNet. Show TuukkainNet's posts

Thomas Trade Value Just Got Higher

Not that I am a supporter of moving Timmy, but Dallas has just waived Auld meaning they are going to stick with Turco.  He was the number one goalie contending teams were looking at...my guess is they'll come asking for Thomas soon.  Also Nashville re-signed Rinne for a two-year extension.  I don't like the idea of moving Thomas this year but of the offer was right it could be a huge move for the organization. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from anddebbv. Show anddebbv's posts

Re: Thomas Trade Value Just Got Higher

if the bruins want the cup thomas is the key to the puzzzle , rask hasnt got enough gas in his tank to finish 60 minutes of hockey

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

In Response to Re: Thomas Trade Value Just Got Higher:
    if the bruins want the cup thomas is the key to the puzzzle , rask hasnt got enough gas in his tank to finish 60 minutes of hockey
    Posted by anddebbv

Where were you last year when Thomas gave up a bad rebound on a shot I could have stoped and gloved.  Thomas is the biggest chocker I have ever seen. The only chance we have at winning anything is if Rask stands on his head for 4 games every series.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from DallasSmith. Show DallasSmith's posts

I actually liked  Auld when he played for the Bruins,I would be interested in acquiring him under different circumstances.I don't think Thomas is going anywhere ,the B's need him.Rask is playing great and I hope he continues but how often have we seen a young goalie play well his frist year[Andrew Raycroft] and then be terrible the next .Thomas should get his game back soon hopefully.The B's need both goalies,Rask is still young and unproven while Thomas hasn't been  as sharp this year.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

to respond to « anddebbv ».   If the Bruins want to have a chance for the Cup they should not play Thomas in the playoffs.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from lostinbaltimore. Show lostinbaltimore's posts

Get ready for it guys, Tim T. has not played a game in almost a month. Don't be surprised if CJ tries to run the gambit with him. The fact is Rask did wear down last year in the Calder Cup run for Providence and I think management still doesn't want to rush him unless they have to.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsSoxCeltsNo1. Show PatsSoxCeltsNo1's posts

SALARY CAP.... HELLO

Chiarelli made Tim Thomas untradeable with such a dumb contract

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Let's all agree that a no trade clause doesn't mean you can't be traded.  If it did, then no GM would ever give one - unless they were suffering from a head injury.  The whole point of an NTC is to give the player some say in where he gets traded to - that's it.  So all you have to do is make the player want to go, and one of the easiest ways to do that - other than sending him to a good situation - is make them sit on the bench or better, on the couch.  McCabe swore he'd never leave Toronto, but they found a way to convince him to waive his NTC.  Same with Boyle in TBay.

Of course, you have to be willing to be a jerk.  And to get there, the player has to be a bit of a jerk in refusing to let the team make a deal to improve.  I doubt that happens with Thomas, but I also doubt they move Thomas in year one of his deal.  If they do, though, Chicago has already said they're willing to bury Huet in the minors to accommodate another goaltender's salary (they've also denied any interest in Thomas).  And Washington can't be convinced Varlamov is the answer long-term yet.  He's been porous for long stretches.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from sparky1313. Show sparky1313's posts

Come on people, Can someone please let us know when TT has been a major factor when it counts; the playoffs? He is the Joe Thornton of goalies. He can play amazing in the regular season, then he may have one or two good outings in the playoffs, but thats it. He does not have another " gear". I've said it before ; The B's will never win a cup with TT in net, period!! Flip-flopping is fun to watch and can fool shooters, but consistacy and steadiness wins cups. Trade TT and his big salary while he's worth something. Rask will only get better by playing. those of you who are thinking of Raycroft and the others to compare are fools. Rask has been brought up in the organisation MUCH differently and is a much more sound goaltender than the B's have had for years. He still has to prove himself, but so does TT when it comes to the games that realy matter.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Thomas is not going anywhere at this years trade deadline and probably not at the draft this April. However it would not surprise me if he were moved this summer. Detroit is a very likely landing place (Thomas is a Michigan native) or yes even Dallas.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from joeschmo25. Show joeschmo25's posts

I don't see Thomas landing in either Detroit or Dallas. Detroit is confident with Howard in net, and with Dallas trading for Lehtonen I think they're set for goalies. The trade market for goalies is shrinking with each trade, as most teams don't want a goalie who's had a huge decrease in confidence and numbers and has 3 more years at $5 million with a no-trade clause. Unless Thomas redeems himself by the end of this season he's virtually un-tradable. I think the best shot we'd have is if San Jose doesn't resign Nabokov and doesn't have a goaltender capable enough for #1 duties. On a strong team like San Jose Thomas won't face as many shots or scoring chances as he has this year, which could make him look better than his numbers suggest here.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanJohnthan. Show StanJohnthan's posts

Thomas is not going anywhere at this years trade deadline and probably not at the draft this April. However it would not surprise me if he were moved this summer. Detroit is a very likely landing place (Thomas is a Michigan native) or yes even Dallas.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin

When was the draft moved to April?????????????????????????

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Thomas Trade Value Just Got Higher : When was the draft moved to April????????????????????????? Posted by StanJohnthan

Football brain on the wrong side. Hockey brain on the right June would be correct.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsFanInPenTerritory. Show BruinsFanInPenTerritory's posts

Ok, so the Tank ain't going anywhere. But I can't see Tuuka fading down the stretch if he plays more games than TT. This two week break in the middle of the season could only help a guy avoid getting gassed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

If I'm Julien i play Tuuka until he loses 2 in a row.  Thomas had his chance this season.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BlueChip99. Show BlueChip99's posts

If Thomas could be traded, he would be already gone. No GM likes to have $5.5M sitting on a bench. But nobody wants him.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

I am not sure that no one wants him though.  He does not have terrible stats yet.  He still has value right now.   You always have teams who are looking for a number 1 goalie years after years. 
       When Paul Holmgren(Flyers's GM) says that he is confident going into the playoffs with Leighton i think it is either bs or he is out of his mind.  The Flyers always make that mistake year after year and i dont see them take that risk again. 
     The question is how long before TT's value go down completely.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kanes-Donuts. Show Kanes-Donuts's posts

why would you want to trade a vezina winner two time allstar and olympic Gold medal winner? go back to icemanz BORED and la-twerp/data clerk boards.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from joeschmo25. Show joeschmo25's posts

Lucaooo I think Holmgren knows that it won't be the goaltending that gets him close to a cup. There isn't a goalie on the market good enough to take him there, so he's going to rely on what the Flyers do best, scoring and cheap shots. 
    Kanes-Donuts you're getting ahead of yourself. While I am most certainly pulling for a gold for the US Ryan Miller needs to pull off all the stops if we want a chance. Canada's game against the Russians was a statement game, they can outscore you and out hit you at the same time. They've shown they still have the same talent that made them favorites for the gold. But I think we long as we put a body on every canadian that touches the puck then we can control the tempo. They'll keep playing on offensive talent, so we have to fight back with a strong defense.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

Thomas is tradeable, if a team that he was willing to go to was there to approach, He has been a solid and consistant starter, hes not a platoon goalie, and isnt a risk, second fiddle guy that had a good season.. But, he's not going anywhere this season, I would be suprised if he is traded before the end of next season.. we don't have any servicable back ups to rask if there was an injury..Aside from Rask I don't think we have any other potential starters in the system, Its not like the bruins have a log jam in goal.. Plus lets really keep in mind what thomas has done here, which is end the revolving door of bruins goalies.. PC won't trade thomas till they are sure rask is the man for the years, I mean we didn't even lock rask up past thomas's contract..

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ecb19. Show ecb19's posts

People post here talking like Thomas has an .880 save percent.  His stats are not that bad.  Rask's stats are awesome.  Thing with Thomas is if we scored 15 more goals in the games he played he wins a few more.  Also playing with a lead helps alot.  Your not worried that if you give up 2 goals the game is over.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from notacryingwino. Show notacryingwino's posts

The problem here is Julie Ann. Why wouldnt Thomas hate him. No starts against Toronto and the leaders of team USA, no starts against Miller, and a benching because of a weak offensive system. I believe Thomas will waive his NMC to go to any playoff team. No way he goes to Edmonton, St Louis, Atlanta ect. Also dont believe the Bruins will trade him to a eastern conference team. But you can bet one thing, and thats Thomas has to much heart to wilt and die. He will play with the same heart he has since arriving and lead his team both on and off the ice!!!!!!!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

I love Tim Thomas.  However, scoring is our biggest need and with this season's underwhelming results thus far.  This is the guy you would want to move.  I know he has the No-Trade clause but this is a guy with a lot of pride and I think he wants a chance to start, if we told him Rask was the guy from here on out, and he believed us, I think he would be more open to accepting a trade.

The team that intrigues me is Chicago.  I believe it's possible to work out a deal in which you would ship out Thomas and Ryder.  You would have to take back Huet who would then likely be bought out and you would receive a piece or pieces for the future; possibly Versteeg one of there young Dmen or maybe draft picks, I am not trying to nail down an exact trade here but just the philosophy of the deal.  Chicago can't bring in a Goalie without moving there grossly overpaid goalie. The team that swaps goalies with them will obviously be doing it for reasons other then acquiring Huet.  Chicago has good young depth so I think there may be a very good fit here.  The biggest question beyond wheter they can find a better/cheaper goalie is how all the cap stuff would work out, and I'm not even trying to dive into that.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from notacryingwino. Show notacryingwino's posts

I love Tim Thomas.  However, scoring is our biggest need and with this season's underwhelming results thus far.  This is the guy you would want to move.  I know he has the No-Trade clause but this is a guy with a lot of pride and I think he wants a chance to start, if we told him Rask was the guy from here on out, and he believed us, I think he would be more open to accepting a trade. The team that intrigues me is Chicago.  I believe it's possible to work out a deal in which you would ship out Thomas and Ryder.  You would have to take back Huet who would then likely be bought out and you would receive a piece or pieces for the future; possibly Versteeg one of there young Dmen or maybe draft picks, I am not trying to nail down an exact trade here but just the philosophy of the deal.  Chicago can't bring in a Goalie without moving there grossly overpaid goalie. The team that swaps goalies with them will obviously be doing it for reasons other then acquiring Huet.  Chicago has good young depth so I think there may be a very good fit here.  The biggest question beyond wheter they can find a better/cheaper goalie is how all the cap stuff would work out, and I'm not even trying to dive into that.
    Posted by RickyHussle
    This would be the best case scenario. Hope P.C. can pull it off as it would give Rask a veteran backup for this season, and allow Boston to obtain a cheaper backup next year!!!!!!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

Ryders got a full season left on his deal, not a chance chicago touches him