Thomas

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbg1. Show dbg1's posts

Re: Thomas

Personally, I think that CJ is playing TT in hopes that he can increase his trade value.  Playing the way he is, there is not anyone who will want him next season.  Therefore, who in their right mind would want to pick up that huge contract.  At least if TT were playing better, there might be a better chance of unloading $5m a year. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from boss23. Show boss23's posts

In Response to Re: Thomas:
    What a bunch of idiots posting on this board. Sorry Tim, you'll get no respect from these fantasy hockey owners. Hang in there bud.
    Posted by montecristo

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kurako. Show Kurako's posts

Not sure how you can watch those 3 goals tonight and lay all the blame on Thomas. With defence like that you just pray your goalie can bail you out. The 2nd goal must be the weakest of the whole season.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

Did any of you sound off last game, when young Rask horribly mishandled the puck that directly led to the Montreal 3rd goal? I am not saying Thomas played well that first period... he has had too many lapses this year. Every goalie makes mistakes and this is the only position that has been relatively consistent all year. The numbers there don't lie!
    Posted by Bruinfaninnewjersey

Yep just like clock work! The Double Standard morons come on here & blame TT for the loss! When Rask makes a boo,boo they say nothing! TT didn't even make any tonite. The team was brutal with their downlow coverage in that first period! The first goal deflection. The 2nd goal- breakway by Clarkson & he puts a nice backhander over the pad. 3rd goal- Parise sitting jonny on the spot with no Bruin  around to take him out. However, since Rask is God it comes as no surprise that any mistakes he makes out there is OK!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

You still have to score more than one goal to win a game.  Team play made TT! So where is the offense this year!!!!  That said I am on record that Rask is the future of the Bruins.  I am also on record TT received a big time contract for one excellent year.  I am even on record the Bruins should trade Thomas because of the contract.  Now, an offense will make any goaltender a "fan fav".  Look to last year for your proof.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jwb413. Show jwb413's posts

Rask = Wins
    TT = Loss
    SIMPLE

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from boss23. Show boss23's posts

In Response to Re: Thomas :
    Posted by boss23

He has to play like one to earn the respect from these so called fantasy hockey owners. Right now he shouldn't be in there!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from GutlessChara. Show GutlessChara's posts

with the acception of montecristo...tim thomas you are not no longer wanted on this team by the fans...go back to flint and retire a happy life with your silver sitting on the bench medal

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

How many wins do you have and how many losses do you have determine how good you are as a team!  There is the truth!  Now one player does not make a team.  Get over your fixation on knowing what the problem is with stopping goalswhen you cannot score goals.  Simple truths!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

You can blame TT all you want.. but the problem is deeper than that.. The Bruins again come up short in the first period AGAIN with no urgency , sloppy play , running around in their own zone, not hitting, getting outworked , defence can't clear guys out in front of the net,  lazy efforts, and of course most important NO GOALS...

For those of you who say the Bruins played better after Rask came in, of course they did.. Isn't that the way the script always go... comeback because your so far behind only to fall short again by one goal and then after the game the old preverbial excuse " Well we need to play for 60 minutes , only playing for 40 is not acceptable...we finished well but came up just short.." Yup and you lost two points.. The sad part is it doesn't seem to change come next game...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

The first goal looked a little like Winter Classic 2.0, and the second one was 50/50.  I think Rask would have stopped it on position alone, though.  But, that said, I don't think the loss was all TT's fault.  No one on this team can score.

Get Savard a sniper and Krejci some skilled wingers.

Marchand almost sniped one tonight.  That was my highlight of the game.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from camneely1983. Show camneely1983's posts

Ryder is soooooooooooooooooooo bad!!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from lordy4. Show lordy4's posts

I agree that Rask has outplayed him, but I'm sorry Tim Thomas was not the biggest problem in the 1st period. The defense was. They were absolutly horrid. They were standing around. The Devils skated circles around our d-men. It was a hooting galley. Our defense needs to show a little bit of fight

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

its funny 2 days ago some clowns posted a message saying that Rask was not ready for the NHL .....DUH

TT had a bad night ....get over it ....

We'll win tomorrow against the Canes and Habs will beat NYR

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from notacryingwino. Show notacryingwino's posts

New Jersey went to a one man forecheck after they got the three goal lead. No softies yet here we are debating goaltending when the offense manages one goal until the waning moments of the game on a 6-4. The Bruins offense has not scored more then one equal strength goal in the third period this season, now thats pathetic. Like it or not if the coach thought it was the goalies fault he yanks him after the third goal and not after the period. A simple move to try and ignite the team!!!!!!!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheoryNeutral. Show TheoryNeutral's posts

Stop putting him in nets? Well he11, the hope is that he will come back to life! Otherwise he's useless, they will be relying on a young goaltender in the playoffs, and his value will be NIL. No one will want him.

So those are the reasons to put him in nets. Not bad reasons, but obviously, the season is almost over and he has failed.

If hindsight were 20/20 Rask would have been the starting goalie from the outset. And the team might be in better shape.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jwb413. Show jwb413's posts

TT not the only reason they lost is correct BUT he certainly did not help the cause. The third goal was classic TT. He lost control of a rebound and in the net it went. The break-away goal was iffy... Clarkson telegraphed where it was going and TT should have saved it. The first goal.... Cut me a break!!! He was FLOPPING AROUND LIKE A FISH!!!
    Keenan and Co. on Versus were very critical of Wideman and Chara (who most think is awesome on this board) and pointed out Wideman's horrible play. This coaching staff refuses to sit Wideman and Ryder and yes even Chara for their poor play. Instead they reward them with bookuu minutes.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from lordy4. Show lordy4's posts

He was flopping around like a fish on the 1st goal because Matt Hunwick stood there in front of him and let Rob Niedermayer screen him. He couldn't see because Hunwick stood there like a statue. Sit Hunwick & bring McQuaid back

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsfan4778. Show bruinsfan4778's posts

He really, really, is bad for the most part this year. Can't say give up on him...just a bad year all around is all.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

First of all when your goalie gives up a soft goal right from the start it does not bring a lot of confidence.  This team is fragile right now and that is the last thing they need.  What they need is a goalie that will make a couple of big saves right from the start to give them a boost.  TT fails to do that constantly. 
       Second... the reason why the Bruins are running around in their zone a lot of times is because his rebound control is so unpredictable and so poor that the D doesn't know where the puck will go.  It is a guess all the time.  Did you see how Brodeur was controlling his rebounds...directly to his D.
       It is clear that signing TT for that much muney was a mistake.  Now plz TT be a man and respect the team that made you a millionaire and waive off your non trade clause before your value melts down in the sun like an ice cube. 
       If he does not waive the non trade clause the Bruins will have to buy him back!!   

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerrynewyork. Show jerrynewyork's posts

like TT BUT if B's really want to make playoffs, Rask has to be in goal.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kurako. Show Kurako's posts

He was flopping around like a fish on the 1st goal because Matt Hunwick stood there in front of him and let Rob Niedermayer screen him. He couldn't see because Hunwick stood there like a statue. Sit Hunwick & bring McQuaid back
    Posted by lordy4

Exactly. Hunwick needs to grow a pair.

(also I think McQuaid is still injured)

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheoryNeutral. Show TheoryNeutral's posts

McQuaid is refreshing. He has energy, doesn't turn it over and can fight.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from joredsdaddy. Show joredsdaddy's posts

I have never been a huge Thomas fan, but the NHL is getting smarter and the shooters are more patient. Goalies that play "unorthodox" like hasek and Thomas are a thing of the past. Rebounds are there worst nightmare and look at Thomas's goals that he allowed in. Yes, some went through his legs that he should have had, as a goalie I know that happens, but they are crashing the net more and picking up rebounds and the defense has to be physical and get people out of there and get the rebounds. An unorthodox goalie is not in control of there body when they move around so how can they save rebounds ? Also, when Rask is in net the Bruins play better as a team. Maybe it is the back up syndrome where they play harder because they don't trust him fully yet or maybe more confident in him. He is sound, moves fluid and does not waste energy. I think if the Bruins want to make the playoffs it has to be TUKA TIME !!

Sections
Shortcuts