thorton said they acted professionally

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsking. Show bruinsking's posts

thorton said they acted professionally

in the herald shawn thorton said the team acted professionally by not retaliating . give me a break . i use to love shawn but after that statement I just don't know

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jozee76. Show jozee76's posts

Re: thorton said they acted professionally

What a baby! This is not hockey!!!!This is not hockey!!!!This is not hockey!!!!This is not hockey!!!!This is not hockey!!!!This is not hockey!!!!This is not hockey!!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from everyname. Show everyname's posts

It's not about turning into goons, it's about saying enough is enough.  Do you even live in the real world Wally??  If someone can get away with doing something to you, without consequence, the first time, they will do it again and again until you stand up and stop them yourself.  THIS IS STUFF YOU LEARN ON THE PLAYGOUND IN KINDERGARDEN BUBBS.

Again, it's not about turning into goons, it's about what's right is right, and standing up for what that is and having no fear for doing so.  That is what a true human being does.  What Cooke did AGAIN (as before) was not right, and anyone who would have been upset to see the Bruins standup against that needs a headcheck.

And, your opinion only counts when its being shared with people less intelligent than yourself.  Give Cooke a call Bubbs. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogsk8r. Show bogsk8r's posts

Savy would have been the first one to stand up to a hit like that.  What is up with Ryder, drop the gloves and stick up for your best player.  He stood there like a big you know what! 

It's called playing with heart, and you know what guys, they've lost it!  The B's are officially the door mat of this league!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

There is more to be learned from a 10 game suspension than there is from a fight.  Wally Douglas is right.  Violence is not the answer. We need rule changes and stricter sanctions.  When you fight violence with violence, you lose your ability to petiton for said things.

Bigger picture (making the game safer) /> petty revenge 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

I understand that its tempting to let your emotions take control, but emotional maturity, by definition, is acting rationally in the face of said temptations.  

A non-violent reaction is definately less fun than a pummeling, but campaigning for rule changes and stricter fines / suspensions is where the long term benefits lie.  As I said, when you reciprocate, you lose your ability to effectively petition for the changes that should come of this.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from wboi92287. Show wboi92287's posts

In Response to Re: thorton said they acted professionally:
    There is more to be learned from a 10 game suspension than there is from a fight.  Wally Douglas is right.  Violence is not the answer. We need rule changes and stricter sanctions.  When you fight violence with violence, you lose your ability to petiton for said things. Bigger picture (making the game safer) /> petty revenge 
    Posted by Drewski5

I bet you were the kid on the playground that got bullied and would just take it and cry to mommy.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

Wally and Drewski- what  f**K**G joke

You two sound like a couple of guys who never competed in your life, and you never won anything for sure- Those comments are exactly what LOSERS would say..which if you haven't checked lately is what this team is turned into.

As far as Thornton is concerned, you can bet that he's regurgitating Juliens moronic message.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from joeschmo25. Show joeschmo25's posts

Hahahaha wait so the people who want retaliation are more competitive than the men who are on a professional sports team. I'm sorry, the reasoning behind this must be lost in translation. They know when to strike, and not to strike in stupidity. If the people who aren't calling for a retaliation were the kids who cried for their mothers then the kids who are calling for retaliation were the kids eating sand or the kids burning ant hills.
    Grow up and realize there are ways to respond to something without childish violence. Just because they're throwing out cheap hits doesn't mean you stoop to their level. Go sign Georges Laraque if you want a cheap goon.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from DarrenRyan9. Show DarrenRyan9's posts

enough of this be professional, violence isnt the answer crap....i dont go around taking cheap shots at people because i dont want anyone coming after me...plain and simple....so you handle the situation 2 ways....

TAKE THIS GUY OUT

OR

make him sit out as long as Savard has too

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bluefox70. Show bluefox70's posts

There is more to be learned from a 10 game suspension than there is from a fight.  Wally Douglas is right.  Violence is not the answer. We need rule changes and stricter sanctions.  When you fight violence with violence, you lose your ability to petiton for said things. Bigger picture (making the game safer) /> petty revenge 
    Posted by Drewski5

Good lord, somebody should of beat his teeth in and than let the NHL suspend him.

You are livin' in the new politically correct USA and its sad.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

What would you expect thornton's comments to be??  Even if they are in the locker room giving a bounty to take Cooke out, etc, its not like he's going to voice that in the press..

Julien's comments set the tone, "we will send this to the nhl, hopefully they make the right decision" I am sure every fan would love an "or else" attached to the end but thats not professional sports..

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from wboi92287. Show wboi92287's posts

Hahahaha wait so the people who want retaliation are more competitive than the men who are on a professional sports team. I'm sorry, the reasoning behind this must be lost in translation. They know when to strike, and not to strike in stupidity. If the people who aren't calling for a retaliation were the kids who cried for their mothers then the kids who are calling for retaliation were the kids eating sand or the kids burning ant hills. Grow up and realize there are ways to respond to something without childish violence. Just because they're throwing out cheap hits doesn't mean you stoop to their level. Go sign Georges Laraque if you want a cheap goon.
    Posted by joeschmo25

news flash putz, hockey allows fighting to happen, violence is imbedded into the very fabric of the game dumbas$

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

I am surprised that the inmaturity of some who feel violence or retaliation is the answer to what happened here. The best revenge for this team is to take a good hard look at themselves to better understand how this happened, how they get pushed around, fix it, show up and play the game to there full potential and respect the rules. I love the fights and hits but i dont like the gutless way some play this game such as cooke. My background in life tought me alot and one was not ot hurt anyone intentionally regardless of reason.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlleyCatBruin. Show AlleyCatBruin's posts

I just lost all respect for Thornton. Savard was laying on the ice, unconcious, and the Bruins were acting professional? News flash to Thornton and B's management: We want a Terry O'Reilly on the ice, not someone who doesn't protect the skilled players. Can we clone Stan Jonathan, Terry O'Reilly and John Wensink? At least the Bruins would get some respect and the skilled players wouldn't be taking cheap shots.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from scottgj. Show scottgj's posts

Savy would have been the first one to stand up to a hit like that.  What is up with Ryder, drop the gloves and stick up for your best player.  He stood there like a big you know what!  It's called playing with heart, and you know what guys, they've lost it!  The B's are officially the door mat of this league!
    Posted by bogsk8r

Bogsk8r -  Actually I give Ryder a little bit of credit for being the ONLY one to repsond to the hit. I know he's never gonna fight but 'atleast' he skated right over to say something.......we can't say that for anyone else on this team......that is the problem, the Bruins are relying on Ryder to defend this team.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

In Response to Re: thorton said they acted professionally : I bet you were the kid on the playground that got bullied and would just take it and cry to mommy.
    Posted by {xtodaz}

This attitude will forever hold you back in life.  In fact I challenge you to reflect into your past and think of an instance when you acted on an emotion and wound up doing more harm to your cause than good.  I have a feeling that you wont have any trouble finding an occurence.

If some idiot is hiting on your girl, and you level him, its YOU who goes to jail.

If a boss is stealing credit for your work and you raise your voice to him (or her), its YOU who gets fired.

There is nothing wimpy with saying the following to yourself: "Im emotional right now, and I dont want to make a rash decision that I may regret.  I'm going to strategize and re-approach this issues with a clearer head."

I once tried and failed to talk my friend Pat out of beating the crap out of his ex-gf's new bf.  Pat got arrested, the girl wont talk to him anymore (he had a shot at winning her back), he lost his college scholarsihp, lost his job, and will never achieve the sucess that he would have if he showed some restraint.

IF you continue this rash/aggressive attitude, that's your perogative, but I promise you that it will continue to hold back your career development.

Sucessful businessmen, lawyers, doctors....they didnt get their with impatience.

As Bill Gates once said, "instead of picking on the nerds, you would be better off learning something from them.  Chances are, you will be working for one someday."

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from STFU-Yankee-fans. Show STFU-Yankee-fans's posts

In Response to Re: thorton said they acted professionally : This attitude will forever hold you back in life.  In fact I challenge you to reflect into your past and think of an instance when you acted on an emotion and wound up doing more harm to your cause than good.  I have a feeling that you wont have any trouble finding an occurence. If some idiot is hiting on your girl, and you level him, its YOU who goes to jail. If a boss is stealing credit for your work and you raise your voice to him (or her), its YOU who gets fired. There is nothing wimpy with saying the following to yourself: "Im emotional right now, and I dont want to make a rash decision that I may regret.  I'm going to strategize and re-approach this issues with a clearer head." I once tried and failed to talk my friend Pat out of beating the crap out of his ex-gf's new bf.  Pat got arrested, the girl wont talk to him anymore (he had a shot at winning her back), he lost his college scholarsihp, lost his job, and will never achieve the sucess that he would have if he showed some restraint. IF you continue this rash/aggressive attitude, that's your perogative, but I promise you that it will continue to hold back your career development. Sucessful businessmen, lawyers, doctors....they didnt get their with impatience. As Bill Gates once said, "instead of picking on the nerds, you would be better off learning something from them.  Chances are, you will be working for one someday."
    Posted by Drewski5

Sorry Drew.. I truly feel bad for you.. You're living in a dream world...

What ever works for you.. i guess

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from carloaz. Show carloaz's posts

jozee76 I hear you. I can not believe what this sport has become. I never thought I would say this but I am almost done with this excuss for hockey.I feel sorry for the young fans who do not have a clue what real hockey was like.
    This is not hockey!!!!!!!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from damats. Show damats's posts

The Big Bad Bruins are no more, Don Cherry wouldn't stand for that and neither should any of the Bruins...very disappointed

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

jozee76 I hear you. I can not believe what this sport has become. I never thought I would say this but I am almost done with this excuss for hockey.I feel sorry for the young fans who do not have a clue what real hockey was like. This is not hockey!!!!!!!!
    Posted by carloaz

Things will always evolve.  Look at Kung Fu for example.  Why do you think that NOONE in MMA practices Kung Fu?  Bas Ruten said it best: "In MMA, you have to always be evolving, always be changing.  Kung Fu is too traditionally oriented to embrace change"

And what has happened?  No one practices kung fu, its a dying art.  meanwhile, ju-jih-tsu, judo and wrestling (three fighting styles that embrace change) continue to gain in popularity.

If you stand in the way of change, chances are , you will be run over.  Adaptability has gotten me VERY far.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

In Response to Re: thorton said they acted professionally : Sorry Drew.. I truly feel bad for you.. You're living in a dream world... What ever works for you.. i guess
    Posted by STFU-Yankee-fans

If you punch the next person who you want to punch, tell off the next person you want to tell off, and just generally go through life without showing any kinds of restraint, you will find yourself stuck in neurtal.

I say this for your own benefit.  Its you who is living in the dream world.  I agree that the dude deserved to be leveled, and I would not have blamed any of our guys for succumbing to temptation and leveling him, as it would have been justified.  But in the real world, just because an action is justified doesnt mean that there will not be repricussions.  Only in movies do the good guys always win.  Yes, punching that idiot who hit on your girl will be satisfying, but when $0.25 of every $1 that you make for the rest of your life goes straight to him after the lawsuit settles, it will be he who is laughing at the end.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinsfan775. Show Bruinsfan775's posts

All u clowns who are saying the Bruins shouldn't have stuck up for Savard and dropped the mits obviously have never played the game of hockey. Its not a woman's game like soccer when a player goes down like Savard did you make sure that Cooke pays for it. Lucic was on the ice when it happen and did absolutely nothing and personally after seeing him fight Colton Orr and midway through hide behind the refs was a disgrace and really shows this Bruins team is lacking the toughness it once had. If you recall Savard was the one who last year when one of his linemates was hit from behind went after the player on the Dallas Stars immediately after sticking up for his teammate. Get lucic out of town we paid the guy 4 million dollars and then he turns into a girl? What a waste 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

wow are we going off topic here !
    I have to admit while playing I'm just in another world and might have jumped off the bench.  Another fact is I might of felt stupid afterwards by reacting on emotion. God knows I've experienced this. 
    I don't know why everyone is blaming Julien for this also .  So now it's his fault that Thornton has a career year last season and thinks he can stay out the box and score goals.  He's changed his style,  not Julien.  It's no wonder Thornton just skates by players instead of put the body into them.  I'm sure Julien tells him please don't finish your checks.
    I'm going to say it again that is the Bruins show nothing , no emotion tomorrow against the Leafs they're done !  Might aswell prepare the golf equipment.
    If they cannot rally for Savard then there's absolutely something wrong with this team. It's now and not on March 18th.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

wow are we going off topic here ! I have to admit while playing I'm just in another world and might have jumped off the bench.  Another fact is I might of felt stupid afterwards by reacting on emotion. God knows I've experienced this.  I don't know why everyone is blaming Julien for this also .  So now it's his fault that Thornton has a career year last season and thinks he can stay out the box and score goals.  He's changed his style,  not Julien.  It's no wonder Thornton just skates by players instead of put the body into them.  I'm sure Julien tells him please don't finish your checks. I'm going to say it again that is the Bruins show nothing , no emotion tomorrow against the Leafs they're done !  Might aswell prepare the golf equipment. If the cannot rally for Savard then there's absolutely something wrong with this team. It's now and not on March 18th.
    Posted by BsLegion

Great post!

Sections
Shortcuts