Thoughts on the Millbury / Campbell interview?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

Thoughts on the Millbury / Campbell interview?

Objectively, do you see where Campbell is coming from or do you still find his actions inconsistent and hypocritical?

Thanks,

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from KJBruinswin. Show KJBruinswin's posts

Re: Thoughts on the Millbury / Campbell interview?

I kind of hoped Millbury would pull off his shoe and hit him in the head until he was knocked out. That would of motivated the B's.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

Nice KJ, that would have made me smile.  Did you hear Millbury tell Kathryn that he would "punch (Moore) in the mouth the first chance he got"

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mutant211. Show Mutant211's posts

Campbell was squirming like a worm on a fish hook.  Millbury let him off the hook a bit.  Since as a NESN employee, Millbury is a Bruins employee by extension, I'm not surprised that Millbury eased up after Cambell's stammering response to the three videos. 

Sorry Drewski, I am not able to be objective about this yet.  It's still too raw right now. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

KJ - LOL

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

"Honestly I came out of this interview with a higher opinion of Campbell than I went in with because of the whole "I WANTED to suspend him,"

"Sorry Drewski, I am not able to be objective about this yet.  It's still too raw right now."

I appreciate the honesty on both accounts.  Good posts.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Well Drewski ,  besides that you still owe me a beer,  you got it right when you ask if Campbell is  inconsistent and hypocritical ....
    Wisniewski GOT 8 GAMES ! 
    Sure he deserved it and now Bob Murray GM of Ducks is asking why Cooke got nothing .
    My answer to that ,  It's the NHL baby !

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from KJBruinswin. Show KJBruinswin's posts

I still want to see Campbell on a strecher!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from War-Eagle. Show War-Eagle's posts

Campbell is absolutely right he doesn't need a mulligan for this call, he and Cooke alike both are in need of a haymaker.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattbs. Show mattbs's posts

BS... he could of suspended him on intent to injure and end of story.  Campbell is inconsistent and useless.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SupportLocal81. Show SupportLocal81's posts

While it's nice to hear Campbell express his concern and desire to 'find a reason to suspend cooke' ..the bottom falls out of his argument when it comes to repeat offenders ( which Cooke is).. so...despite his tap dancing effort to justify his non decision.,. I'm not buying it...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In Response to Re: Thoughts on the Millbury / Campbell interview?:
    Honestly I came out of this interview with a higher opinion of Campbell than I went in with because of the whole "I WANTED to suspend him, but under the rules I couldn't," argument. However I do not believe it was a valid argument. If Ovechkin was suspended partially because he seriously injured someone and is a repeat offender, than how the hell was Cooke not suspended?
    Posted by pbergeron37

Exactly what I was thinking.
    And he said that AO's hit was "close to legal" ????
    What??
    What was illegal about Crosby's hit other than an intent to injure??
    And what is this lame crap about the intent to injure having to be in conjunction with some other penalty, such as kneeing as he said???

Really really lame.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

And I am being objective.  It is absolutely preposterous to suggest that there must be an infraction attached to an intent to injure.  A referee MUST have the leeway to make an intent to injure call for something that is not specifically in the rule book - yet.  For example, if an opposing player is down in front of the net injured and someone intentionally winds up and shoots one into the guy... obviously an intent to injure but there is no rule against it.  And probably 6 million other situations that I nor anyone else has thought of yet.

And you have to have the leeway to suspend someone for an intent to injure if the infraction was not called by the refs on the ice at the time.  Again, about 6 million unforeseen things could happen where someone gets hurt and no ref sees it happen.

And what is this nonsense about having to initiate the new rule at the beginning of NEXT season?  Because of "fairness"?  Isn't it unfair to players like Cooke to take away that hit from their game next season?  Or unfair to players wanting to give Cooke a head shot, but since there are only a few games left, they won't be able to do it this year?

Is Colie's purpose to keep players from getting unnecessarily injured?  Or is he playing Supreme Court Justice?