Tim in Net

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1NEFAN2. Show 1NEFAN2's posts

Tim in Net

Made some really good save tonight. But what a bone head mistake on the Caps goal. Hope that he stays hot and not give up the soft goals.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

Re: Tim in Net

He just gave away his shutout.  Too bad for him because he's been really good so far.  Again i am a big fan of Tukka but i have to give credit to TT.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from niftybear. Show niftybear's posts

Ridiculous to suggest this is only temporary. this is what Thomas is like when he's healthy, unlike last year. If the TT haters are waiting for some kind of collapse so the <sarcasm> more experienced and stable </sarcasm> Rask can take over they  had better hope for a Thomas injury. Thomas is one of the best goalies in the world. Deal with it.

I like Tuuka too but he tired out at the end of last season and then collapsed in the playoffs. I'm glad he was not used in tonight's onslaught by the Caps (39 shots). He can get his confidence back against the offense-challenged Rangers.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

He really did stand on his head tonight! Bruins did defend the second chances well, sweeping most of them away... but Thomas was a stud (again.)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from amazinglarry. Show amazinglarry's posts

Thomas killed the Capitals (read: best offense in the LEAGUE) 2 games in a row... Tim Thomas knows what he's doing.  It's time we as fans understand it too....

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

In Response to Re: Tim in Net:
    [QUOTE]Thomas killed the Capitals (read: best offense in the LEAGUE) 2 games in a row... Tim Thomas knows what he's doing.  It's time we as fans understand it too....
    Posted by amazinglarry[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately you will never convince the Timmy Haters on that one..that's a fact..

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

What a turnaround for the Vezina Trophy winner. He basically went from backup exile in both the Olympics and NHL Playoffs to bonafide No. 1 again...This is the value of keeping 2 quality goalies. The B's teams with Cheevers and Gilbert and Moog/Lemelin were that much stronger because of 2 goalies. The only thing is that Tim is playing so well, it's sort of like Rask last year. Julien will go with the hot one. Anyway, this is great for the B's and I'm happy for Timmy.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from undead. Show undead's posts

Tim played a great game last night but he's got to work on his rebounds.
     It isn't that he gave them up, it's his ability to redirect them that needs work. When you throw the puck back out into the slot you aren't doing yourself any favors.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from NorthernBrewin. Show NorthernBrewin's posts

Sweet revenge for the B's, especially for Tim as Washington has pretty much owned us for the past few years.

Go Broooons!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigvig. Show bigvig's posts

Timmys always given up a lot of rebounds, thing is, its almost his style and he plays well doing it.

Lets not even talk about last year.  People keep bringing it up like he just flat out sucked.  Back problems and a hip injury were the problems folks, not Timmys game.

Thomas has been a dominating goalie his whole career, NHL included.  Look at his career numbers, better than Luongo.  Im so sick of hearing how he isnt one of the best.

The past 4 games dont prove anything, his career does.

If Thomas stays healthy this year, look out rest of the league.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucicfan. Show lucicfan's posts

Timmy has been lights out! Im very happy for the Tank, his post to post movement has always been decent but he seems quicker this year and he also has mad confidence in his game, lets hope Rask can follow.

We have a great tandem for just over 6 mil, and to think people wanted to trade this guy?

Keep it up Timmy

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from north1234. Show north1234's posts

well said niftybear...  and who gives a darn if he gave up a goofy goal...if it wasnt for him the first ten minutes the bruins are down a pair for sure....i cheer for the bruins...not rask or tank more than the other but for all the dumbies who come on here and bash tank but praise rask..put this in your pipe.....sshhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from felixwas. Show felixwas's posts

Thomas is a sieve. Everyone is ducking the fact that his GAA was 0.00 after the first game but has increased in the games since then. It's only a matter of time before he melts down and allows two goals in a game, which would bring his GAA all the way up to 1.00. The Bruins can't afford to have a goalie with a GAA that high. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Canadianfan6. Show Canadianfan6's posts

B's have two top keepers

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsfan084evr. Show bruinsfan084evr's posts

[QUOTE]Thomas is a sieve. Everyone is ducking the fact that his GAA was 0.00 after the first game but has increased in the games since then. It's only a matter of time before he melts down and allows two goals in a game, which would bring his GAA all the way up to 1.00. The Bruins can't afford to have a goalie with a GAA that high. 
    Posted by felixwas[/QUOTE]

TROLL ALERT.YOU JUST BEEN IGGIED FOOL

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

[QUOTE]B's have two top keepers
    Posted by Canadianfan6[/QUOTE]

... who appear to be handling the whole "controversy" better than many fans.

They're teammates, they're friends, they root for and support each other. I root for them both as well.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1NEFAN2. Show 1NEFAN2's posts

If they both stay healthy and they split time, neither will be tired and we will two strong netminders going into the playoffs.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigvig. Show bigvig's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tim in Net : TROLL ALERT.YOU JUST BEEN IGGIED FOOL
    Posted by bruinsfan084evr[/QUOTE]

You need to READ the post.  Its hilarious, and TOTALLY sarcastic.  I loved it.  Its totally trashing everyone whos been trashing Timmy.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from niftybear. Show niftybear's posts

[QUOTE]What a turnaround for the Vezina Trophy winner. He basically went from backup exile in both the Olympics and NHL Playoffs to bonafide No. 1 again...This is the value of keeping 2 quality goalies. The B's teams with Cheevers and Gilbert and Moog/Lemelin were that much stronger because of 2 goalies. The only thing is that Tim is playing so well, it's sort of like Rask last year. Julien will go with the hot one. Anyway, this is great for the B's and I'm happy for Timmy.
    Posted by dannycater[/QUOTE]

I think the best example of a team winning it all with two starting goalies was the great Oilers dynasty with Moog and Fuhr. Neither of those guys was really a backup. The Bruins are fortunate. I don't know why so many think you "can't have two starters on one team". It's worked in the past numerous times.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigvig. Show bigvig's posts

No, it really hasnt worked numerous times, thats why most teams have a starter and back-up.  I can only think of a few examples of tandems that were a pair of true #1's, and it actually worked (i.e., Stanley Cup).

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnnyDawes. Show JohnnyDawes's posts

All this optimism about a proven loser.  Tim Thomas is not a go-to-goalie.  He will NOT win the big game as proven time after time.  He has his moments but he becomes the pumpkin when his 15 minutes of fame is over.  Come May 2011, Thomas will pull his patented choke artist stunt.  He will not rise up to the challange and for sure he will not lead the Bs to the Cup.
    That said, all those Thomas die hard supporters be prepared for the big collapse.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from rush2112err. Show rush2112err's posts

the big collapse was last year with tuuku rusk in goal. this year bruins going all the way with hockey's best goaler between the pipes. tim thomas fer sure will get his name on the stalney cup this year.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

It is the right choice to go to thomas for tonight, he has been hot so hopefully we can get back on track and attack the mapleleaf defense, And get him some goals to work with.

Sections
Shortcuts