Tim Thomas = #1 Goalie

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from nash99. Show nash99's posts

Tim Thomas = #1 Goalie

As far as I'm concerned the Bruins have two leaders...Thomas and Savard....and our idiot GM treats them like garbage. For some reason he gets a woody over Chara and Bergeron...two overrated players and "leaders" 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Re: Tim Thomas = #1 Goalie

yep TT has regained the no.1 spot ..he desserves to be in the net for the next game.....

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

If TT plays well...even better...the Bs will be able to trade him to cut down the payroll and get something good in return!  Just one game though.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BTownExpress. Show BTownExpress's posts

He might be...in 2010.  However, that remains to be seen.  Regardless, the team needs two productive goalies.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigvig. Show bigvig's posts

Im not forgetting what Rask did last year....in the playoffs.  Dont worry, Im NEVER going to forget that.  Im also not going to foget that as of right now Tim Thomas has better numbers for his career than Roberto Luongo, and thats not over 51 regular season games like Rask.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from biggskye. Show biggskye's posts

At this point, if I was Julien, I would tell each goalie, "you play until you lose".

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jwb413. Show jwb413's posts

Stupid post.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Tim Thomas = #1 Goalie:
    wow, stupidest post ever. Thomas had one good game (Rask played well in his start too) and all of a sudden we forget what rask did last year. nash is now ignored
    Posted by pbergeron37

Calling Bergeron and Chara overrated showed us how little Nash knows about the game.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsCountry. Show BruinsCountry's posts

30 posts in 18 months, most of them negative...clearly, Nash is a troll.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

30 posts in 18 months, most of them negative...clearly, Nash is a troll.
    Posted by BruinsCountry

I was just going to say that was one of the trolliest (trollingest?) posts ever.

Thomas had it exactly right in his post-game comments Sunday. Being a goalie in the NHL today is not a one-man job. He said he wasn't in competition against Tuukka, but in competition alongside him, against other teams.

I don't understand anyone who roots against either Thomas or Rask. i want them both to succeed. One succeeding and the other failing does not help this team.

And if signing Savard and Thoms to rich, long-term contracts with NTCs is treating them "like garbage," I'm sure there are plenty of other players out there who would love to be treated like garbage too!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

In Response to Re: Tim Thomas = #1 Goalie : Calling Bergeron and Chara overrated showed us how little Nash knows about the game.
    Posted by dezaruchi

Yep I agree. As soon as I saw that...IGNORE!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

In Response to Re: Tim Thomas = #1 Goalie : Calling Bergeron and Chara overrated showed us how little Nash knows about the game.
    Posted by dezaruchi

Another RMiller...A Scabs fan coming into a Bruins form to burn our butts?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Newfiebullet. Show Newfiebullet's posts

In Response to Tim Thomas = #1 Goalie:
    As far as I'm concerned the Bruins have two leaders...Thomas and Savard....and our idiot GM treats them like garbage. For some reason he gets a woody over Chara and Bergeron...two overrated players and "leaders" 
    Posted by nash99

If you consider the money both of those guys are getting being treated like "garbage" you are on another planet.

Thomas had a great 1st game. Great. Let him start the next game & hopefully he will have a hot start & raise his trade value so perhaps another team will take a chance on him & that albatross contract.

But if the Bs have any chance to rid themselves of that contract at any point of the season & don't do it Chia should be fired. Not because I don't like Tim Thomas but because we have Rask who is a sensational young & cheaper goalie.

The team needs capspace now & into the future so it is imperative that Thomas play well when he do play. But it has become fairly obvious that Rask is the guy the Bs will go with & proved last season what a stud he can be.

Keep playing well Timmy. Hopefully Washington or Philly are watching & they become desperate at some point this season so Chia can un due his mistake.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Michelle-. Show Michelle-'s posts

Doesn't it make more sense to support both these goalies until we see if Tuuk can proove himself? It's only the first week of the regular season... I know he was sensation last year, and I don't see a problem with Timmy being his back up, but last year was his Rookie season. You never know what could happen, and there is a possibility that the kid could have a down fall. I can only hope not because he is an amazing goalie, but to have a veteran like Thomas backin him up is both a push for tuuk to do better and good for the fans who are spending a boatload of money on this team.

Either way they both did great this weekend, and I do feel bad for Rask because he definitely had no help. I guess we will all just have to see what happens.

"There's two way you can go about it. You can go about it the cheap way and cross-check someone. Or you can do it the right way, the honorable way, and fight with the gloves off"
    - Milan Lucic

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from amazinglarry. Show amazinglarry's posts

Seriously people, they are both the Bruins goaltenders.  I hate the situation we have where people feel they need to choose a "number 1 goalie!!!" between the two.  What does it matter?  If they both play well, swap them in and out.  Keep with the hot hand, as cliched as it is.   

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from north1234. Show north1234's posts

ok what the hell is it that rask did in the playoffs..folded like a cheap suit against philly...tank is still better but heaven forbid if he has one bad game ..but our chocking finn.. thats ok.....

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

ok what the hell is it that rask did in the playoffs..folded like a cheap suit against philly...tank is still better but heaven forbid if he has one bad game ..but our chocking finn.. thats ok.....
    Posted by north1234

Oh look.....another imbecile.ignore,ignore,ignore.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinfan01. Show bruinfan01's posts

Posted by north1234

neither the finn nor timmy chubbins have gotten us past the second round of the playoffs. we can laugh at rask when the flopping fool gets us to the conference finals and vise versa.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Tim Thomas = #1 Goalie : neither the finn nor timmy chubbins have gotten us past the second round of the playoffs. we can laugh at rask when the flopping fool gets us to the conference finals and vise versa.
    Posted by bruinfan01

Why laugh at anyone since we have the league's best goaltending?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Jeeeez, get back on your meds folks.  Do we have to overreact to every little trend in every game all year long??

Rask totally outplayed Thomas last year to win the #1 job. 

Otherwise, they are both very good goalies and we should just be happy to have the tandem, instead of bad-mouthing whichever guy looks slightly worse at any given moment.

Quite acting like a bunch of teenage girls rating the Jonas brothers...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Way to go Fletch. We do have the BEST goalie tandem in the league, even SI's goalie "expert" rated tuuka and Timmy as no.1 TOGETHER.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHARAWINSTHENORRIS. Show CHARAWINSTHENORRIS's posts

Timmy Chubbins??? Too much, LOL.

Hey say what you want, he can play.

Sections
Shortcuts