Tim thomas is overrated. Average at best.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bchan89. Show bchan89's posts

Re: Tim thomas is overrated. Average at best.

average at best he has faced twice as many shots as ward and has keopt the Bruins in the game, i think ward is the better goalie overall with a cup to his resume already,

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from crawfordcounty. Show crawfordcounty's posts

Thomas is overrated in general but he is the least of the Bruins problems this series

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from deangee. Show deangee's posts

How about stealing a win....he cannot.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from sday4x45. Show sday4x45's posts

it is the Bruins D......not thomas........they are ready to go home..........same thing year in and year out.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsUnite. Show BruinsUnite's posts

Watch the games before you speak.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from vtcat. Show vtcat's posts

Ditto that Thomas is not their biggest concern. His contract should based on dollars per shots on goal. The 3rd period defense the B's are playing now, would make any goalie look bad. Same old theme:ramp up the intensity (playoff hockey) and pressure the puck against the B's and they seem to panic. It's what happened when they went into the tank during the season. Don't know why more teams didn't do it. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from deangee. Show deangee's posts

Sorry boys good goalies do not give up rebounds like he does.  He is incapable of stealing a win.  I watch the games by the way.....good luck with that fat contract .....now we are stuck with him.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bchan89. Show bchan89's posts

not really stuck with him, bruins can buy him out after the next two years

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from deangee. Show deangee's posts

Good....i will pray.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from djbosox2004. Show djbosox2004's posts

The bruins will never win anything of significance with this guy in goal.  The true goalie has emerged.  Average at best. 
    Posted by deangee

You`re an idiot. Watch some games and watch our lame a** defense.geeesh,what are you, 12?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsnut4. Show sportsnut4's posts

Uh.....you get shut out in game 2 AT HOME, score twice in game 3 and get outshot 2-1 and score 1 goal in game 4..........uh....I'm not a Thomas lover but where the hell did the offense go?  Where is Wheeler,Kessel and Savard.  And Chara has been eaten alive by Stahl. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from koivu2. Show koivu2's posts

Watch the games before you speak.
    Posted by BruinsUnite

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=12-x70nq0vI

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from deangee. Show deangee's posts

You`re an idiot. Watch some games and watch our lame a** defense.geeesh,what are you, 12?
    Posted by djbosox2004

I guarantee i have seen more games than most, i have been around to watch Cheevers play to answer your queston, and i will say it again the bruins will never win any game of consequence with Thomas in goal.  I do not count regular season games as games of consequence.  He constantly has his stick off the ice...gives up huge rebounds.....lets go of his stick....flops around like a goldfish.   I dear you to watch replays of goals let in through his five hole and see how often his stick is six inches off the ice.  Everyone says he is a battler but that does make big saves.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from shawnOrd. Show shawnOrd's posts

Not Thomas' fault, the defense just keeps passing it back in the zone. It's almost like the Canes are playing the trap like the old New Jersey Devils did back in the late 90's. I'm a Bruins fan and always have been but I found myself more interested in the Caps-Pens game last night. It's just frustrating to watch the puck getting turned over again and again, it makes for a crappy game to watch.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsUnite. Show BruinsUnite's posts

Posted by djbosox2004

I agree with your first claim about the previous post, but the problem is deeper than defense. Sorry.

How many goals has Thomas and defense let in per game? Not more than 2, before last night.

There is no reason why they should not have been able to score ONE MORE. IF they had been on their game. But enough metaphors. Next and final step: Find out how they're making our best goal scorers ineffective and SOLVE THAT.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsUnite. Show BruinsUnite's posts

Uh.....you get shut out in game 2 AT HOME, score twice in game 3 and get outshot 2-1 and score 1 goal in game 4..........uh....I'm not a Thomas lover but where the hell did the offense go?  Where is Wheeler,Kessel and Savard.  And Chara has been eaten alive by Stahl. 
    Posted by sportsnut4

Savvy scored, at least, but you are 100% right: Think offense as the MAJOR issue. Not defense.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from PAULICAS1975. Show PAULICAS1975's posts

What a bunch of IDIOTS we have in here. The B's are not losing cause of Tim Thomas. The team in front of him cant do much against the Hurricanes. Axelsson a break away choked. Power play choked. Stupid penalties. Not taking care of the puck. Not making clean passes. not hitting. They are not playing welll at all in front of thomas. Last nights game, in the 3rd period, they didnt have theirs 1st shot on net until 11 minutes left in the period. Thats Thomas fault???? How you going to win games when you dont have but 1 shot in a period and 9 minutes gone?? Some of you need to watch more games or play hockey to kow what you are talking about. IT'S NOT THOMAS FAULT WE ARE LOSING. STOP blaming the goalie and start blaming the higher paying players in front of him for not doing their jobs. Savard making $5 million making stupid passes to no one. Chara over $7 million cant get a hit or into a fight if his live depended on it. Wideman $4 million more give aways then anything else. and on and on and on and on. SO PLEASE look at the whole team not just one Goalie as you all always do. I am guessing we also lost the 88' and 90' series cause of bad goaltending too righ??

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from deangee. Show deangee's posts

Not saying we are losing because of Thomas.  I am saying we will NEVER win with Thomas.....average goaltending does not win in the playoffs. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

Not saying we are losing because of Thomas.  I am saying we will NEVER win with Thomas.....average goaltending does not win in the playoffs. 
    Posted by deangee

Average? Check out his stats this year. They are not average. Got him into the All-Star game AND have him nominated for the Vezina Trophy. They have won OFTEN with Thomas this year. He's not the problem, and that's very obvious. As a matter of fact, if it were not for him, the scores could be a lot more lopsided.

Oh, and Cam Ward can thank his horseshoes for the two posts that were hit early in the last game. If one or both of those go in, I submit that the outcome may have been different.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from nickvox. Show nickvox's posts

Christ yes, since when is cam ward the second coming of Ken Dryden?  Thomas isn't the greatest goalie of all time but man the guy battles night in and night out and he is steady as a rock, leave him alone, if the rest of the team had half the intensity and passion that Thomas does for the game they wouldn't be sitting in a 3-1 hole.  I've said it before but Thomas works his a** off and always has since the time he suited up at UVM until now.  How many other 35 year olds do you know that just worked hard enough to get their first multi-million dollar, well deserved contracts???  None thank you, let him be, he is not the problem.  The d s*cks and the forwards are playing with no passion or heart/intensity...call it what you will (playoff hockey) it's just not there.  I have a good feeling about game five though.  This team played their best hockey at the beginning of the year when NOONE thought they were for real, the proverbial "chip on the shoulder" syndrome.  I'm thinking we may see it again...

unless they just roll over like dogs for the fourth straight game.  In that case i will blow my top...a freakin' hockey fan has no business being more involved than the team hitting the ice.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Skelton42. Show Skelton42's posts

Average? Check out his stats this year. They are not average. Got him into the All-Star game AND have him nominated for the Vezina Trophy. They have won OFTEN with Thomas this year. He's not the problem, and that's very obvious. As a matter of fact, if it were not for him, the scores could be a lot more lopsided. Oh, and Cam Ward can thank his horseshoes for the two posts that were hit early in the last game. If one or both of those go in, I submit that the outcome may have been different.
    Posted by 4everbruins

We can be thankful for those 2 posts AND the stopped breakaway...and there's every chance the outcome would have been different.

Thomas... He gave up during the 3rd period of game 4.  Games 2 and 3 losses had more to do with lack of offense and defensive miscues than anything to do with Thomas. 

Put another way...  The Bruins haven't lost 3 straight games ALL SEASON.  I don't think I'm going out on a limb by saying THE TEAM isn't playing up to their potential in this round.  The goalie can't do everything and can't stop every shot.  At some point you have to hold the defense accountable.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsUnite. Show BruinsUnite's posts

Posted by deangee

Yeah. Thomas isn't standing on his head. hah

Stop listening to the versus announcers. Cam stops a shot with his chest and he gets praise lol

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from fp4778. Show fp4778's posts

Posted by deangee

If the rest of the team achieved Tim's "average" standard of play we wouldn't be in this mess. They are no where close to average. Hell I would be ecstatic with average play from the rest of team which would be about 10 levels above where they have been playing. So Tim keep on being average and I can't wait to see what you can do when you become good.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkrejci46. Show dkrejci46's posts

I wouldn't go as far to say that Thomas is average at best, but yes, he is VERY over rated. You can say things like "look at his stats this year," but you can also say, "look at the freaking rebounds he gives up." lets hope he picks it up tonight

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoWings. Show GoWings's posts

I wouldn't go as far to say that Thomas is average at best, but yes, he is VERY over rated. You can say things like "look at his stats this year," but you can also say, "look at the freaking rebounds he gives up." lets hope he picks it up tonight
    Posted by dkrejci46

I know how you bruins fans feel, with the goalie situation, before last years cup win we had Cujo and Hasek, for some reason our guys play better with Ozzy who didn't have great season stats this year but when hes in the playoffs he wins.

Watching some of your teams games for the past couple of years  (not only playoffs) I would say Ozzy and Thomas are similar goalies, big difference Ozzy changed to the butterfly style, which got rid of the soft goals the wings fans still seem to not have gotten over lol.

Good luck in your guys series, I would love to have a Detroit and Boston finals, I would assure our wings would get revenge for that regular season whooping your team put on us.

Sections
Shortcuts