Time for a lineup shuffle

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from POWERSURGE. Show POWERSURGE's posts

Time for a lineup shuffle

Since PC was useless to help with the lack of scoring with HIS team. Time for CJ to try again on different combinations or brand new lines. I think that Ryder should be given a chance with Savard again. He seems to be playing better the last 5-6 games. Same as Sturm.
    These would be my 2 options, one using the current roster and the other one bringing 1 or 2 players from the minors.

Sturm Savard Ryder ( Boston's top 2 scorers with the best passer )
    Lucic Krejci Wheeler ( When Lucic wakes up, this could work, has worked lst year)
    Paille Recchi Satan ( Def. line, Paille goes to the 4th line when Bergy comes back)
    Begin Sobotka Thornton ( Sobotka gets replaced by Paille or Satan )

Chara Seidenberg
    Ferrence Wideman
    Hunwick Stuart

With Bergeron back, some players from Providence and healthy scratches, this would be a "shakeup lineup":

Sturm Savard Ryder/Lehtonen ( Has 22 g, 47 pts and 209 shots on goal for Provi.)
    Wheeler Krecji Ryder/Lehtonen
    Paille Bergeron Recchi
    Begin Sobotka Thornton

Chara Seidenberg
    Ferrence Boychuk
    Stuart Mcquaid

(Lucic gets send to Providence for conditionning stint and Satan & Hunwick  are healthy scratches)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from east-westBsfan. Show east-westBsfan's posts

Re: Time for a lineup shuffle

Try moving Hunwick to wing--- they did'nt give that much of a chanch last year. Because of his size, he's getting burned on D, but with his speed, could make a decent line mate for Savard. They have Boychuck and McQuaid. Skate Sturm with Bergeron and Recchi.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Basically your line shuffles are poorer than what exists, but let's be objective. Start with, if you do not skate, Ryder, you are in the press box and gone in the summer. Satan and Thornton are really not helping;replace them with Providence hustle; Putting Hunwick on wing is not a bad choice. Give wheeler a puck and force him to skate all the time in practice with a puck bouncing up off his stick. Have Savvy show him how. try these lines:

Lucic  Savvy  wheeler
    Sturm  Bergie  Recchi
    Hunwick  Kreji  Providence wannabe
    Paille  Sabotka  Begin

Ryder, Thornton in the press box

Chara   seidenberg
    Ference  Wideman
    Stuart  McQuaid    Boychuck as swing man

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from CarolinaClamMan. Show CarolinaClamMan's posts

I would like to see Bergeron with Savard for a trial.  It might be the killer first line we have been needing.  Sobotka can center the third line.

Time to drop Satan.  It hasn't worked with him.  Bring up Marchand and give him a chance.  He scored two killer goals in pre-season.  Or Lehtonin. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

Lucic  Savvy  wheeler
    Sturm  Bergie  Recchi
    Hunwick  Kreji  MARCHAND
    Paille  Sabotka  Begin

Ryder, Thornton in the press box

Chara   seidenberg
    Ference  Wideman
    Stuart  McQuaid    Boychuck as swing man(Boychuck over McQuaid if he's good to go.

i like this. give it a shot.

also how is it people always seem to forget that the b's have TRIED savard/ryder before and it NEVER WORKS.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dogwhacker. Show dogwhacker's posts

You're not sold on Paille and Recchi as our first line weapons???

Another whiner !!! :)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from daPope. Show daPope's posts

It is time for a shuffle all right...shuffle PC and CJ out the door...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from roydelaney. Show roydelaney's posts

At this point, CJ should be willing to try just about anything.  Paille and Recchi with Savard were useless.  I'm not knocking either Paille or Rechhi.  They both have value on this team, but not on the the top line.  Recchi is great for playing in front of the net and redirections but when was the last time you saw him take a decent shot?  Paille has been playing well too but he can't finish either.  

How about Savard with Hunwick and Ryder?   

The problem I see is that if CJ does try any new combos, he won't be willing to do it for a whole game.  He'll try it for a couple of shifts before he reverts back to his standard lines, which just isn't enough time.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from shaunk. Show shaunk's posts

I agree with the posters here.  I think the only logical step now is to bring up Marchand and see what you can get. Sobotka is clearly not getting it done.  This team is not a playoff team even if they get into the playoffs.  The biggest blame for this year I believe lies upon Chiarelli, but not because of his trade deadline moves.  I am even not that angry that he didn't replace Kessel's goals alone.  BUT, his financial management is ATROCIOUS! let's take a look:

1. He has three buy-outs on the books

2. He traded away another fairly large offensive chip, Kobasew, at the beginning of the season and replaced him with Paille (not a good move).  PC also admitted that this was financially related.

3. His trading away of Morris for a 2011 (my god!) 4th rounder shows that his contract was too much, even if it was only for a year.

4. Ryder, Wideman, Lucic, Bitz, Hunwick, are not worth the contracts that they signed.  They performed for ONE YEAR only!  how can one evaluate on one year alone?

5. Dave Lewis.

Jacobs cannot be happy.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from blydon75. Show blydon75's posts

Sturm-Savard-Bergeron
    Wheeler-Krejci-Recchi
    Lucic-Sobotka-Ryder
    Thornton-Begin-Paille
    Chara-Seidenberg
    Stuart-Ference
    Boychuk-Wideman/Hunwick

It's time to pick your best 6 forwards and put them together and let them get into a groove.  I know they don't want Bergeron playing wing because he's too good on faceoffs, but why not have him take the face off and then switch to wing after the puck drops?  It happens all the time with other teams, but God forbid the Bruins do something outside the box.....Bottom line, if you really want to improve your offense you need somebody to play with Savard and they've tried everyone else with ZERO results.  For the 6th defenseman, Wideman or Hunwick, take your pick but CJ NEEDS to limit their ice time.  Use on or the other as the 6th d-man and STOP PLAYING WIDEMAN for 20+ minutes per game!!!  He could actually be valuable in the future if he isn't overplayed/exposed as much as he already is.  Hunwick, hey he's still young, but he's got to his head out of his rear....he's been just as dreadful as Wideman.  I was actually considering choosing McQuaid over these guys, but with the salaries.........I actually like Seidenberg over Morris.  I think you'll see a significant improvement there....

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

Hunwick has to get some PP time.  I don't understand why they were using Ferrence other than showing him for a trade which did not work.  Time to play the best elements regardless of their status or contracts.  It started with Tukka it has to be done upfront now.  I would really like to see Bergy on Savard's wing.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from POWERSURGE. Show POWERSURGE's posts

CJ should try a different lineup for every game  for the next week or so and see what works offence-wise. If I see Paille, Savard and Recchi tonight, I'll be f*** pissed. Anything should be tried; sit players that are not performing, bringing in some Provi players, playing Savard , Bergeron, Krejci on the wing, playing Hunwick as a forward could be viable option. PC is useless, hopefully CJ can get his head out of the sand.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucicfan. Show lucicfan's posts

Satan Savard Wheeler
    Lucic Krejci Ryder
    Sturm Bergeron Recchi
    Thornton Begin/Sobotka Paille

Chara Siedenberg
    Wideman Stuart
    Ference Boychuck
    Hunwick
    Mcquaid

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

To me its time for a splash of youth...we don't need Thorton...most teams in the East have one guy that can toss em and we already have Lucic and Chara...if something happens these are the guys that shoulod answer the bell.  So Thorton is out.  Marchand is in!   I would have my 4th line as speed and annoying types like Marchand/Begin/Sobotka.

Savard/Wheeler/Lucic- I like this as a 1st line. 
    Bergie/Sturm/Recchi- some speed and grit.
    Krejci/Satan/Ryder- the underachiever line.  This could be the 4th line...whoever plays better between my 4th lines gets 3rd line ice time.  Produce and play...

Chara/Wideman- Widemans bad play is made up by Chara
    Seidenberg/Boychuck- Seidenberg is a solid puck mover.
    Stuart/Ference.

Thomas the rest of the way...no matter what...he starts every game until the playoffs...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pucman. Show pucman's posts

ryder on the 1st PP unit has been working out really well i wouldnt change that at all if i was CJ