Time for Lineup Changes! Add Yours...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dhitch. Show dhitch's posts

Time for Lineup Changes! Add Yours...

Montador---Out
    Hindy---In

Feel free to add others...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsUnite. Show BruinsUnite's posts

Re: Time for Lineup Changes! Add Yours...

Ferrence out, due to injury, and both H and M in. So it seems.

WHEELER OUT AND BITZ IN

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsCountry. Show BruinsCountry's posts

I agree Bitz for Wheeler (who didn't play much tonight anyway).

Hnidy will be playing in place of re-injured Ferrence. 

As long as B's continue to allow Carolina to come into their zone and camp for 1-2 minutes at a time, they're in deep do-do.

Clearly, after their emotional yet fairly easy win over a sub-par 8th-place Canadiens club, the B's have taken Carolina too lightly.  They need to play smart but desperate hockey and so far, they're not.  The sneaky cute move that resulted in a penalty to numb-knutz Savard tonight was about the dumbest thing I've seen in years.  As former B's pro scout Marcel Pelletier used to say, "You can teach a less talented but smart player how to play hockey, but stupid will always be stupid." 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsUnite. Show BruinsUnite's posts

Shots & Points

Let's see...

Princess of Wheels: 7 playoff games played.

* Shots taken: 4

COMPARE:

Shots
      Montador: 10, and 12 PIM
      Recchi: 10
      Axelsson: 6
      Stuart: 6, but he's a +5, 3rd best on the team & only 2 PIM.
      Ward: 4, but has a goal
      Wheeler: 4
      Ference: 3, but only 3 games played
      Hnidy: 2, but only 3 games played & has a goal

And that's the bottom of the barrel, folks.

The only other players without a single point are Ferrence (played 2.5 games) and Hunwick (1 game).

Source: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/hockey/nhl/teams/stats/2008/bruins/playoff.html

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

I think we have to give our first line more ice time....I know that Julien likes to keep his shifts short, but this is the playoffs....You need to maximize the amount of time that your best players are on the ice....The Bs look better when Kessel is on the ice....

And get Wheeler off the Krejci / Ryder line....Wheeler is to be used for PENATLY KILLING ONLY!

Here is what I would roll,

Savard , Kessel , Lucic (Savard to set it up, Kessel to shoot, Lucic to crash)

Krejci, Ryder, Recchi (Krejci to set it up, Ryder to shoot, Recchi to crash the net)

Bergeron, Kobasew, Axie (Maybe Axellson's passing will get Kobasew involved in this series)

Yelle, thornton, wheeler

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

But most importantly our top 2 lines need to be on the ice more!!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ohno1957. Show ohno1957's posts

i think boston forgot it,s a CONTACT SPORT !  MUSCLE, MUSCLE, AND  MORE MUSCLE,  Yell

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsUnite. Show BruinsUnite's posts

[QUOTE]And get Wheeler off the Krejci / Ryder line....Wheeler is to be used for PENATLY KILLING ONLY!
    Posted by Drewski5[/QUOTE]

I see where you're coming from but he looks like a limp sausage out there and he doesn't seem to be able to deliver on that count, either. He turns the puck over and isn't able to skate to keep up with the Canes.

So be rid of him. There's plenty of time to find his game again next season.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ocram. Show ocram's posts

Bitz may be in for Wheeler because of injury.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

I would make no changes to the personell. Other than what is necessary because of injury.

A change in strategy is needed to counter Carolina's use of deep, aggresive forechecking, which is wearing down our defense and forcing them into bad passes and bad desicions in the defensive zone.  If Thomas could somehow flick the puck up to the Bruins forwards , they might catch the Hurricane forwards in deep and get some 3 on 2's or 2 on 1 breakouts. Just a thought.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from diz420. Show diz420's posts

If D can't move the puck out, it doesn't matter what the offense looks like

The D is horrid right now.  Like deer in headlights.  Not just getting out of the zone, but even on power plays.  The Canes have figured out the Bs achilles heel...can't handle checking pressure.

Put whatever lines you want, if you don't have D that can move and handle the puck, you are going nowhere in the playoffs.

Time for Julien to pull a rabbit out of his azz.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bostonwise. Show Bostonwise's posts

Hindy in for Ference , which should have happened sooner. I think Ference has naked pictures of someone, because I think he's played awful and he always gets to play and in the crucial parts of the games (like the last two minnutes of game 2) I don't get it, and Bitz for Wheeler. We totally need to forecheck and keep throwing pucks deep and run some pressure on Cam Ward. I thought Chara was trying to do so much he was failing at some basic clearing passes, and I agree with whoever said it before Kessell just is non existent when the hitting level increases!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from nickvox. Show nickvox's posts

I would think about this and I know it's blasphemy to some:

Bitz for Axe, Bitz works great on the 4th line.  Move Wheeler with Savard/Kessel and give him one more chance to get going.  Move Lucic back with Krejci/Ryder.  Keep the Bergeron line the same. 

Sit Ference regardless of injury...Hnidy needs to play he is steadier, more physical, and makes better choices in his own zone.  If we have someone in Providence who is considered a puck moving "offensive" defenseman bring him up and sit Montador (he can't handle the puck in the defensive zone and has been making "scratch your head" plays back there throughout the playoffs including the Montreal series).  I know that's a bit drastic but Montador gives you nothing, he can't be counted on when playing big minutes....

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bluefox70. Show bluefox70's posts

Ference OUT! Montador, see you later!  As for wheeler, I could handle him being benched. Bring in Bitz and Nokie, ummmm I mean.....

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Re: If D can't move the puck out, it doesn't matter what the offense looks like

[QUOTE]The D is horrid right now.  Like deer in headlights.  Not just getting out of the zone, but even on power plays.  The Canes have figured out the Bs achilles heel...can't handle checking pressure. Put whatever lines you want, if you don't have D that can move and handle the puck, you are going nowhere in the playoffs.   Time for Julien to pull a rabbit out of his azz.
    Posted by diz420[/QUOTE]

I hope you and I are not the only ones who are seeing this.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

[QUOTE]I hope you and I are not the only ones who are seeing this.
    Posted by ZILLAGOD[/QUOTE]

It is becoming heartbreakingly apparent to all of us, dont worry...

Anyone know when/if Hunwick returns?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

[QUOTE]It is becoming heartbreakingly apparent to all of us, dont worry... Anyone know when/if Hunwick returns?
    Posted by Drewski5[/QUOTE]

I would be surprised if Hunwick plays before next season, but I'm no doctor.

"heartbreakingly apparent" , well not that bad yet. If they come back with a revised game plan and continue with the effort, I don't think we're sunk yet.

3 games to 1 is pretty bleak, but teams have come back from 2-1 before.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

I agree with some of you to the leave the lineup as is. Maybe change a few players within but this it. We live or die with this team. Everyone stop saying Ference out and Hnidy in or Montador out and Hnidy.  Of course Hnidy is playing !!!! FERENCE IS HURT !
    If I recall they got a lucky goal on a miss clearance from a bouncing puck and Kessel falling by himself and the counter, THAT'S IT ! 
    Yes we were outshot but how many of Canes chances were real scoring chance ???  Just as much as our 19 shots. We were in this game 2-2 and who had the best chances in OT . Lucic scores and we're all saying Bruins in 5.
    Krejci ,  what was he thinking passing to Wheeler in OT , shoot the damn puck !!
    We also had the better chances in OT.
    This series is going 7 and then we'll see what happens.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Goaltending 1.71, TT is great and the D is good with some bizarre breaks.

We just need to fill the crease and the net, 2nd line needs to score again.

Team needs to shoot when available and go for the rebounds.

Need better breakout, puck control and pass selection!

No need to panic, just do what has been natural all year.

Leave 4th line alone, do not move PJ up.

If injuries require bring up D-Boychuk and F-Marchand(Clutch player).

Greatest Of All Time!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dhitch. Show dhitch's posts

IT is very important to note that this game was terribly lopsided, maybe the worst Bruins game all season long, and they still almost pulled off an upset win.

I think Boston will press the panic button and pull out the next two. At any rate, biggest game of the year on friday....also....this one is going 7

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Turnovers are part of the game. We had turnovers in round one .  Our goal against the Canes was due to a turnover. YES GUYS ,  turnovers happen all game long and don't always lead to goals.  No surprise they will continue happen,  both ways.
    With this being said the Bruins cannot rely on which team will do less turnovers and capitalize.  Bruins need to force the issue in the Canes zone, cycle and GO TO THE NET. 
    This series must be won the ugly way !

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from CarolinaClamMan. Show CarolinaClamMan's posts

Zilla,   that's a great quote from Dan Quayle-- "the future will be better tomorrow".  That says it all...

We don't know if Ference will be back in.  But it's unanimous on this forum that Hnidy should come in -- in not for Ference, then for Montador.   Monty made ONE good outlet pass in game three.  

Sit Wheeler.  Play Bitz or bring up JEREMY REICH.  He is scoring in Prov, can go to the net and take the rough stuff.  The man we need.   

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]Play Bitz or bring up JEREMY REICH.  He is scoring in Prov, can go to the net and take the rough stuff.  The man we need.   
    Posted by CarolinaClamMan[/QUOTE]

I love your persistence on REICH, really !  I would have put 10$ on the table he would be in lineup or backup as Bitz has been . 
    I just don't know the motive and the reasoning behind this.
    Maybe it's important for the P Bruins to go far in their playoffs ?
    Keep the spirit going , "South Carolina B's fan"  !

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from fp4778. Show fp4778's posts

[QUOTE]I agree with some of you to the leave the lineup as is. Maybe change a few players within but this it. We live or die with this team. Everyone stop saying Ference out and Hnidy in or Montador out and Hnidy.  Of course Hnidy is playing !!!! FERENCE IS HURT ! If I recall they got a lucky goal on a miss clearance from a bouncing puck and Kessel falling by himself and the counter, THAT'S IT !  Yes we were outshot but how many of Canes chances were real scoring chance ???  Just as much as our 19 shots. We were in this game 2-2 and who had the best chances in OT . Lucic scores and we're all saying Bruins in 5. Krejci ,  what was he thinking passing to Wheeler in OT , shoot the damn puck !! We also had the better chances in OT. This series is going 7 and then we'll see what happens.
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]

But that's the problem the Canes got the lucky goals on Bruins mistakes but the Bruins can't capitalize on their mistakes. In a low scoring series you have to make the other team pay for their mistakes which is exactly what Carolina is doing. With regard to the Canes chances being low scoring chances that is also very indicative of a big problem because alot of low scoring chances still translates into alot of puck possession and the Canes had the puck the whole freakin night which means the bruins didn't. But Lucic didn't score and what did we do with our better chances in overtime...nothing. Woulda, coulda, shoulda translates into no third rounda. The only positive I could take from the last game was that Thomas held them in and they actually scored first in front of a wicked opposing crowd which is a must tonight as well.

Go Bruins!!!

Sections
Shortcuts