TIME FOR REAL FANS TO SUPPORT TEAM

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins8. Show bruins8's posts

TIME FOR REAL FANS TO SUPPORT TEAM

bs have 6 pts in 7 games  last season 7 pts in 7 games..so relax....anyway thats not my real point...time for us fans to get behind them...no booing..how about a here we go bruins chant..savard, lucic(im sure marcand will score 1 goal in 7 games) gone for a month..month and a half..sure it hurts..but its not the end of the season..so we go 15 games without them..we have a solid group who in this case will step it up and maybe this is what they needed...lets get back to simple hockey clog the neutral zone..shots from evrywhere crash net...2-1 3-2 wins...  well im gonna support them..2 injuries for a month is not ruining our season..with any luck we ca look back as the turning point of this season    

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Re: TIME FOR REAL FANS TO SUPPORT TEAM

I'm in! 2 injuries is not the end of the Bs season. Plenty of time I's all about getting in to the playoffs in April. Infusion of youth can go for 6 weeks!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtassinarisoccer. Show jtassinarisoccer's posts

In Response to TIME FOR REAL FANS TO SUPPORT TEAM:
    [QUOTE]bs have 6 pts in 7 games  last season 7 pts in 7 games..so relax....anyway thats not my real point...time for us fans to get behind them...no booing..how about a here we go bruins chant..savard, lucic(im sure marcand will score 1 goal in 7 games) gone for a month..month and a half..sure it hurts..but its not the end of the season..so we go 15 games without them..we have a solid group who in this case will step it up and maybe this is what they needed...lets get back to simple hockey clog the neutral zone..shots from evrywhere crash net...2-1 3-2 wins...  well im gonna support them..2 injuries for a month is not ruining our season..with any luck we ca look back as the turning point of this season    
    Posted by bruins8[/QUOTE]
    all 5 of them!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from watchtower. Show watchtower's posts

In Response to TIME FOR REAL FANS TO SUPPORT TEAM:
    [QUOTE]bs have 6 pts in 7 games  last season 7 pts in 7 games..so relax....anyway thats not my real point...time for us fans to get behind them...no booing..how about a here we go bruins chant..savard, lucic(im sure marcand will score 1 goal in 7 games) gone for a month..month and a half..sure it hurts..but its not the end of the season..so we go 15 games without them..we have a solid group who in this case will step it up and maybe this is what they needed...lets get back to simple hockey clog the neutral zone..shots from evrywhere crash net...2-1 3-2 wins...  well im gonna support them..2 injuries for a month is not ruining our season..with any luck we ca look back as the turning point of this season    
    Posted by bruins8[/QUOTE]
    I'm in too. Hey, several regulars are still nursing injuries to boot.Hopefully the youth movement can seize the moment.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TuukkainNet. Show TuukkainNet's posts

This is the time for Krejci, Wheels, Bergy, Sobotka and Marchand to step up...let's hope they can handle pressure.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MDsizzle. Show MDsizzle's posts

This turn of events (looch, savvy, Pialle & the prov guys up) could be the adversity the team needs to get them on their precious winning ways. Who knows, this might keep Savvy and Looch more rested, ready and healthy for the playoffs. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from knewjax hockey. Show knewjax hockey's posts

Couldn't agree more! I've been a B's fan since I can remeber.  I've always gone to a handful of games a year (until recently) even when they s¿cked.  No matter what sport it is I will never boo the home team and espeically the Bruins.  People do need to relax and that's a great stat by by bruins8 to prove it's not the end of the world. Last year 7 games, 7 points....... this year 7 games, 6 points.

I'm dissapointed to see Kobasew go, he was one of my favorite players.  He was a hard worker and had some grit and played physical for a guy not that big.  I believe he had three 20+ goal season with the B's and two of the seasons he was out injured for a decent amount of time.  I do see the flip side, Sobotka and Marchand could possibly be the same player for less money.  Both are physical and chippy and not the biggest guys.  I'm not sure if Daniel Paille will be the player Kobasew was and I think he's a little soft...... we'll have to wait and see.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bos2SD. Show Bos2SD's posts

Ok, I know this discussion called for real fans.  So, I need to say upfront that I am a beginning fan (huge lifelong C's, Pats and Red Sox fan) but my Dad never followed the Bruins, so I just followed suit.  

However, I've always respected the players as great athletes and now am getting to go a Bruins game in the near future.  Out of respect for the Bruins and "real" fans I want to learn as much as I can about hockey and the B's as I can in the near future.

My question then is this: If you had to name 3-5 basic things that you think a beginning fan would need to know to become a much better fan what would they be?  Basic rules (what is icing?, neutral zone infraction?), strategy to shift changes and who plays together on what lines and why?, who are the best B's players and why?

If any of you out there can help me with ANY of this kind of info, I would genuinely appreciate it and heck you might be helping me on the path to becoming a real fan someday.

Thanks and Go Bruins!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pissttt. Show pissttt's posts

I SAY   KEEP THE FAITH...     YOU AGNOSTICS!!!   LONG TIME BRUINS FAN   PISSTT

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from darkcitydame. Show darkcitydame's posts

We've made it through some pretty dark times in the past, and we'll make it through this one too. We always seem to play better when our backs are against the wall and we have "something to prove" anyway.

The *kids* will get it done, and come play-off time we won't give any of this a second thought.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BigNickster. Show BigNickster's posts

I say relax
    This is an opportunity
    The team came out and were flat
    Now we have a chance to test some depth players. 
    We still have a great supporting staff. 
    If the replacement players can help us play 400 - 500 hockey and show the club that they can contribute in the future that will be a god thing.
    I agree with all the other posters that say that you don't measure the team after 7 -10 games. 
    If they are truly an elite team then they should be able to bounce back even if they are less than 500 after 20 games

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBRUINSin2010. Show StanleyCuptotheBRUINSin2010's posts

Nice message ....BRUINS will start tonight with a win agaisnt the Preds

GO BRUINS !  THE real fans are behind you guys

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

Yes, only "real" fans are the ones who stay positive no matter how bad the team actually is.

"Real" fans aren't allowed to say anything negative about their team. Ever.

"Real" fans are the ones who look at a squad that came out flatter than month-old soda even when they were all healthy and now have lost two of their big guns for over a month but say "Oh, the sun is shining...our boys in the minors will step up and make everything better."

"Real" fans ignore the unbelievable gap in talent between the best teams in the East and the '09-10 Bruins and think Daniel Paille might just be the answer. Watch out Penguins, Rangers, Flyers, Caps, and Sabres....here comes Brad Marchand and Daniel Paille! Bet you're scared now! Phil Kessel? Who needs THAT chump? Not us.

"Real" fans say "it's early, relax", and will keep saying that when 2 weeks turns into 3 into 4 into 8 into 10....and when the Bruins are mired in 10th place in the conference come January will "remind" everyone that Savvy and Lucic will come back and make everything better.

The rest of us....just haters. Not "real" fans. You boys keep playing with yourselves and telling each other it's all gonna be just dandy.

The rest of us "fake" fans will do our level best to keep from saying we told you so, since we know it will only keep us from joining your little glee club anyway.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from sanskrit. Show sanskrit's posts

In Response to Re: TIME FOR REAL FANS TO SUPPORT TEAM:
    [QUOTE]Yes, only "real" fans are the ones who stay positive no matter how bad the team actually is. "Real" fans aren't allowed to say anything negative about their team. Ever. "Real" fans are the ones who look at a squad that came out flatter than month-old soda even when they were all healthy and now have lost two of their big guns for over a month but say "Oh, the sun is shining...our boys in the minors will step up and make everything better." "Real" fans ignore the unbelievable gap in talent between the best teams in the East and the '09-10 Bruins and think Daniel Paille might just be the answer. Watch out Penguins, Rangers, Flyers, Caps, and Sabres....here comes Brad Marchand and Daniel Paille! Bet you're scared now! Phil Kessel? Who needs THAT chump? Not us. "Real" fans say "it's early, relax", and will keep saying that when 2 weeks turns into 3 into 4 into 8 into 10....and when the Bruins are mired in 10th place in the conference come January will "remind" everyone that Savvy and Lucic will come back and make everything better. The rest of us....just haters. Not "real" fans. You boys keep playing with yourselves and telling each other it's all gonna be just dandy. The rest of us "fake" fans will do our level best to keep from saying we told you so, since we know it will only keep us from joining your little glee club anyway.
    Posted by TryToBearIt[/QUOTE]

Exactly man, too many mindless sheep on this message board, it's embarassing.

I guess 2 decades of futility has lowered alot of peoples expectations. No wonder Jacobs is rich.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkrejci46. Show dkrejci46's posts

awwwwwww i thought we were going to get a break from trytobearit

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]Yes, only "real" fans are the ones who stay positive no matter how bad the team actually is. "Real" fans aren't allowed to say anything negative about their team. Ever. "Real" fans are the ones who look at a squad that came out flatter than month-old soda even when they were all healthy and now have lost two of their big guns for over a month but say "Oh, the sun is shining...our boys in the minors will step up and make everything better." "Real" fans ignore the unbelievable gap in talent between the best teams in the East and the '09-10 Bruins and think Daniel Paille might just be the answer. Watch out Penguins, Rangers, Flyers, Caps, and Sabres....here comes Brad Marchand and Daniel Paille! Bet you're scared now! Phil Kessel? Who needs THAT chump? Not us. "Real" fans say "it's early, relax", and will keep saying that when 2 weeks turns into 3 into 4 into 8 into 10....and when the Bruins are mired in 10th place in the conference come January will "remind" everyone that Savvy and Lucic will come back and make everything better. The rest of us....just haters. Not "real" fans. You boys keep playing with yourselves and telling each other it's all gonna be just dandy. The rest of us "fake" fans will do our level best to keep from saying we told you so, since we know it will only keep us from joining your little glee club anyway.

Are you watching the game tonite against Preds ?

btw dkrejci46,  this guy isn't that bad. He knows what he's talking about BUT I would like to hear TryToBearIt when the Bruins do play well and win, with his same comments , the positive ones.
    Right now I'm liking what he's saying as it's a little change in pace.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from crono420. Show crono420's posts

Go Bruins, We will be ok in the long run. Slow start coupled with injuries, we can rebound from this

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from sanskrit. Show sanskrit's posts

[QUOTE]awwwwwww i thought we were going to get a break from trytobearit
    Posted by dkrejci46[/QUOTE]

awwww you are such a wittle pom pom waver awww

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: TIME FOR REAL FANS TO SUPPORT TEAM : Are you watching the game tonite against Preds ? btw dkrejci46,  this guy isn't that bad. He knows what he's talking about BUT I would like to hear TryToBearIt when the Bruins do play well and win, with his same comments , the positive ones. Right now I'm liking what he's saying as it's a little change in pace.
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]

BsLegion...Since i know you are a real fan, I promise you if the Bruins turn it around and start playing like the world-beaters all the pollyannas think they are I will be right back here singing their praises and begging forgiveness. How many times to I have to say it?: I WANT them to succeed. But I've been watching hockey for 35 years and I know a weak team when I see one and this B's team is yet another in a long line of weak teams.

I am just so freaking sick of the idea that a "real" fan has to delude himself against all logic and say it's all good when it clearly isn't to be considered a "real" fan.

At the time I'm writing this it's 2-2 against a woeful Predators team. Anyone watching this game--tell me TRULY: Would either of these teams last 5 minutes against Wash., Pitt., NYR. Phil., Detroit, Chicago....I could name others. This Bruins team doesn't lack for "grit" or "effort" or "heart" or any of those other excuse adjectives coaches and GMs use when they know what the team really lacks is simple: TALENT.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: TIME FOR REAL FANS TO SUPPORT TEAM : I promise you if the Bruins turn it around and start playing like the world-beaters all the pollyannas think they are I will be right back here singing their praises and begging forgiveness. Posted by TryToBearIt[/QUOTE]

Turn it around ....  well right now I'm not optimistic . They will work hard and will win some games due to their hard work . 
    When you lose the heart and soul of ANY TEAM , you're in trouble. 
    A few weeks ago I could argue some points with you on the improvement or weakening of the team , now, you're right. 
    As we speak the Bruins are a notch lower in talent from last season.
    It's raw talent that is missing and games like tonite against Nashville would be easier wins
    I'm not going to go to far ahead , just one game at a time.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerrynewyork. Show jerrynewyork's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: TIME FOR REAL FANS TO SUPPORT TEAM : BsLegion...Since i know you are a real fan, I promise you if the Bruins turn it around and start playing like the world-beaters all the pollyannas think they are I will be right back here singing their praises and begging forgiveness. How many times to I have to say it?: I WANT them to succeed. But I've been watching hockey for 35 years and I know a weak team when I see one and this B's team is yet another in a long line of weak teams. I am just so freaking sick of the idea that a "real" fan has to delude himself against all logic and say it's all good when it clearly isn't to be considered a "real" fan. At the time I'm writing this it's 2-2 against a woeful Predators team. Anyone watching this game--tell me TRULY: Would either of these teams last 5 minutes against Wash., Pitt., NYR. Phil., Detroit, Chicago....I could name others. This Bruins team doesn't lack for "grit" or "effort" or "heart" or any of those other excuse adjectives coaches and GMs use when they know what the team really lacks is simple: TALENT.
    like Phil Kessell talent ?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

A little over the top buddy  , but some points worthwhile noting.. Constructive criticism when backed up by sound and fair analysis coming from " real fans" should always be welcomed and appreciated but seldom seen on these posts... It sure would make for better posts on here that's for sure...That shows " real fans" care about their team and  as long as there is reciprocal when the Bruins are doing well that some positive vibes get mentioned as well, which is not always the case lets be frank....  Yes, there are some who will always have the blinders on and see that their sky is always blue... nothing wrong with that...Yet some call them sheep most of the time on here.. ? I have never understood that logic, that is also being part of a fan... You are loyal to your team no matter what .. I think the term "Fanatic" fits rather well .. .. " one who shows excessive enthusiasm and often uncritical devotion " ...

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: TIME FOR REAL FANS TO SUPPORT TEAM : A little over the top buddy  , but some points worthwhile noting.. Constructive criticism when backed up by sound and fair analysis coming from " real fans" should always be welcomed and appreciated but seldom seen on these posts... It sure would make for better posts on here that's for sure...That shows " real fans" care about their team and  as long as there is reciprocal when the Bruins are doing well that some positive vibes get mentioned as well, which is not always the case lets be frank....  Yes, there are some who will always have the blinders on and see that their sky is always blue... nothing wrong with that...Yet some call them sheep most of the time on here.. ? I have never understood that logic, that is also being part of a fan... You are loyal to your team no matter what .. I think the term "Fanatic" fits rather well .. .. " one who shows excessive enthusiasm and often uncritical devotion " ...
    Posted by cowboys9[/QUOTE]

Good post.

I like when they call me "black" sheep. 

All things said on these boards I don't want only Bruins fans, this way we do get an objective view from the other side and makes this board that much more interesting.

Sections
Shortcuts