time for the bruins to show some class trade thomas

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from crono420. Show crono420's posts

Re: time for the bruins to show some class trade thomas

I'm a huge Bruins fans and I appreciate everything Thomas has done. I'm sure he will be back behind the pipes. Every team needs 2 good goal tenders

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dustyisacat. Show dustyisacat's posts

I'm not so sure TT wants to go .

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisbruinsfan1985. Show chrisbruinsfan1985's posts

Dude are you nuts? The Bruins lost 10 straight and 13 out of 14.....Thomas played in the majority of those games.

They put Rask in and he has won 3 straight....and they are sticking with the hot hand.

You are clueless. No class? That's the dumbest thing I have ever heard

The press/media/fans say whatever they want. They have no connection with how he is being respected by the organization.

The point of the game is to win....past achievements mean nothing.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

R E S P E C T always means something.

TT has it from the B's organization, he was given a ntc contract, is the biggest respect can be paid. Being called out is not a lack of respect, it is a wakeup call and TT needed it but not as much as others and they have been called out as well, the D and the O.

It looks worse for TT because he can't be demoted to a 4th line, when he is demoted he sits and does not get a chance to redeem himself until his partner wilts. TT is a team guy no matter whats been sprung at him and is happy the b's are playing well and his partner is as well and is such a competitive guy he will be ready when called upon.

TT will be back, Rask is not quite ready and another year together will do wonders for Rask.

'If' TT is traded, it will be done with respect and he knows it is a game but it is still a business, but he still holds the cards, so he can go where he wants.

It is not nice to have bad things in print about you, but TT is better than the fools attacking his character.

We have the best tandem in hockey keep em together a little longer.

I'm EVALUATING!!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dustyisacat. Show dustyisacat's posts

Soon as the game ended. Thomas opened the door and was one of the first to congratulate Rask. He is a team guy first and knows that he'll get his chance again.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from KJBruinswin. Show KJBruinswin's posts

now that phillys goalie is out for the year, how about thomas for giroux and hartnell. salaries match up. and this is coming from someone who hates hartnell and thinks hes overpaid worse than ryder.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from woodtick7. Show woodtick7's posts

All players talk whats your point. Stlouis isn't going anywhere he is the heart and soul of Tampa which was exhibited last night. Lecavalier is a more likley player to be traded.

If you think Timmy is trashing Boston then thats even more reason to trade him. All players who get traded or are benched aren't going to say good things about there organization. Thats just the nature of the beast.

So your Stlouis post is absolutely pointless. If you and Timmy are so tight and he wants out let him out a lot of Bruins fans wouldn't have a problem with that.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: time for the bruins to show some class trade thomas:
    respect is not a coach who calls out a player in the middle of a team  scoring slump, it did take the pressure off him chirelli and the team but what did it do to thomas . by feeding him to the lions which is absolutely what the management did it opened up all the heat on thomas just not fair . and now there are hockey people seeing this and just shaking there heads . let me ask you this . it is well noted that thomas and st louis from tampa are good friends, do you think him and thomas don't talk . I guarantee you a player like st louis would not touch this place.    the last two games thomas gave up two goals  to la. and 3 goals to washington  and got one point from L.A.  and then was publicly bench by claude. This team is not that good and will go back to losing close games and I just feel bad for rask when thomas isn't here to take the heat.
    Posted by bruinsking

So you believe CJ should show respect to TT to the point of icing a weaker lineup so as not to embarrass him.Then it would be fans that are disrespected.CJ has an obligation to the fans to ice the best possible lineup each night,all hurt feelings aside.I like TT and do not think it is as big a deal as you think.If he is a team guy he knows his chance will come again.I actually expect TT to get start against Panthers.We shall see.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from abra-cadaver. Show abra-cadaver's posts

As much as I have bashed Thomas this year for his sub par play and not living up to his huge contract, I still don't want him traded, at least not this year.  Boston needs him for now, I don't think it would be wise to start playing Rask basically every game, and I still trust Thomas in net over Sabourin or whatever other sub par 2nd or 3rd string goalie they would acquire to replace him. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Cap hit of 6,850,000 for both goalies.Not that much for the luxury of having 2 solid goalies.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

ITS ,NOT THOMAS FAULT THE BRUINS ARE NOT PLAYING , LOOK AT THE COACH JULIAN , IT SEEMS LIKE HE DOESNT HAVE HIS SH IT TOGETHER AT ANY GAME , WHEN THE BRUINS SIGNED THOMAS TO THAT BIG CONTRACT ALOT OF THE PLAYERS DIDNT THINK HE WAS WORTH IT , WE IF YOU LOOK AT CHARA  ,7.5 MILLION WHAT COULD YOU BUY FOR HIM  A SNIPER AN GOOD DEFENCE MAN  MAYBE A FEW ROOKIES , THE ONLY ONE I REALLY LIKE IS THOMAS AN REECHI TELL YOU THE TRUTH , LUICIC IS A BIG PUSS Y , LAST YEAR HE PLAYED WITH HEART THIS YEAR THEY SIGN HIM HES A FLOP, SEND HIM TO THE STORE FOR A BAG OF NUTS  HE ISNT THE SHARPEST TOOL IN THE SHED IS HE
    Posted by anddebbv

Yeah,the problems are the coach of the year,the Norris trophy winner,and Lucic(21 year old that bleeds black and gold).You must be a hockey genius to see things no one else does.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

@bruinsking  I agree that the Bruins are handling the Thomas-Rask goaltending situation unfairly.  Cj cam out and called TT a "good" goaltender this past week and then turned around and called Tukka a "great" goaltender.  TT was obviously miffed by CJ calling him out in the press, as well he should be.  CJ said he wasn't going to talk about specific players anymore after the Wideman incident, but decided to talk about the Tank anyway.  As I have said before on these boards, CJ needs to shut his pie hole and PC needs to get his thumb out of his bum.  However Bruinsking, there is no place for racism on these boards or anywhere else for that matter.  It's 2010, there is no need to call a reporter at the globe "some black dude".  I am surprised that they even left your post up.  You should be ashamed of yourself!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TuukkainNet. Show TuukkainNet's posts

I wouldn't trade Thomas unless the perfect oppertunity presented itself.  Rask and Thomas seem to have a good working relationship and I agree the the 6.5 mill they cost us is money well spent.  Rask could use the rest of this season and perhaps some of next to completely take over.  We have brought him along very slowly..no need to panic and rush him now.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

Timmy is going nowhere..I am probably in the minority that thinks Rask is not ready to assume #1 status.. Last night , yes he got the win, but wasn't stellar by all means..Bruins lose that game if they dont score 5.. Wish Thomas could get that kind of support when he plays.. every time Rask wanders out of his net it is an adventure to say the least...last night nearly cost the team the tying goal..All I am saying the Bruins are in no shape to be looking to trade goaltenders right now with nobody as back up in case Rask would get hurt.... Sabourin???? like I said nobody....WE NEED SCORERS!!  Leave the goalies alone..

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

it is not racist to use the word black . if he were a white dude I would have called him that . but he wasnt he was black dude  for goodness sake's man get a life.
    Posted by bruinsking

maybe just some dude would save you some hassle.Colour makes no difference

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from pucman. Show pucman's posts

sometimes your hands are tied when you want that dynamic scorer the B,s need.....how do you think your goin to get him & pay him?....you trade wheeler? so you trade offense to get offense & think thats goin to turn you into a offensive juggernaut? you trade a young defensemen? not one of the most depth positions in your organization....you all miss the boat on thomas & argue that he s**ks,hes great....the bottomline is he is sad to say, the one that can get you that scorer needed,save some $$$$ to pay him & others & not lose something that is goin to effect your team alot more than other areas....the guys that could & should be traded are not goin to get you that scorer!  in a game of chest thomas is the rook you give up to capture the king

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

The whole premise here is ridiculous.  Show some class by giving Thomas the bum's rush and dealing him for nothing?  Or do you think the Bruins should be "classy" to the point of stupidity and trade Thomas to a contender for a case of grape soda?

Do you really think Thomas's ego is so fragile that he's cutting himself to Cure records just because Fluto told him Julien called him 'good' but 'not playing his best'?  If so, my god, get rid of him before he curls up into the fetal position the next time the Shab faithful serenade him.

If they did trade Thomas, bruinsking - are you planning on being a fan of that new team and not the Bruins?  I never understand guys who get man-crushes on players to the point where they lambaste the organization.  Do you want Thomas/Kessel/The Problem/Samsonov/Boynton/Boyes to win a Cup, or the Boston Bruins?  I understand when people second-guess, and I understand not liking the direction of the franchise - but in the end, I guess I always assume you follow the franchise no matter who owns it, who runs it, who plays for it - and when they move on, maybe you wish them well, but mostly you wish they'd get the ^**(K out of the way of the Bruins's cup run!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from stingerjp. Show stingerjp's posts

TT is not the main reason for the spiral,but the team did need to ride ONE tender to get hot.  I don't think Rask is ready to be THE GUY right now but he is playing well.

I don't think benching TT has turned this team around and i disagree with CJ making a statement at TT's expense.  The guy who needs to be benched is Wide Man, a -15 and pretty much leading the team in minutes played?  That is inexcusable...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mitchco98. Show mitchco98's posts

If you can get rid of some of the dead wood like Ryder 4 mil 10/11 and Wideman 4.0 in 10/11 and 4.5 in 11/12 this losers salary is actually going up from 3.75 this year.

Since PC overpaid these guys TT is the one option that makes sense that would allow us to keep our picks and prospects. I think you move Tellatubby and some dead wood MR or DW for a top six forward or top puck moving D and sign a veteran like Roloson or Biron to back up Tuuka.  

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from woodtick7. Show woodtick7's posts

The way you talk about Thomas you would think he is a hockey legend. A hockey legend he isn't for sure. Bobby Orr was traded and Wayne Gretzky both hockey legends so its obvious any one can be traded at any given time.

The Bruins organization doesn't owe Thomas a thing as a matter of fact he should be thanking his lucky stars they gave him a chance. I say trade him now if you can get a decent return otherwise keep him as a backup even though the 5 mill cap hit is hard to swallow.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

What about the otherway around...Thomas showing some class to the organisation who gave him a real chance to be number 1 and rewarded him with a contract of 6 millions a years.  Thomas wants to be a number 1 and he feels like he can be a number one.  If the Bruins make him understand that they will ride with Rask has their number one and his only option here is to be a back up...i am sure he will eventually wave is non trade clause.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

Anyone who thinks TT is sulking & whining & upset about what's being said about him hasn't followed TT career much! I can tell you right now TT is not fazed one bit by any of it! This guy has had it his whole career! He's used to being shunted, he's used to not having as long as rope as some others seem to get. I mean the perfect example I see in comparision to TT is Luongo. This guy continues to be talked about in such high fashion, but beside winning a WJC, what's he done? Seriously, I'm not dissing Bobby Lou's talent. He is one of the best, but my point being is when he played that terrible game against Chicago in the play-offs last year. A lot of people hung him out to dry, but now because Vancouver is having another great season, he's a hero again. TT doesn't get the same consideration or length of rope as some as his peers even though his numbers are better.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from getoffthephone. Show getoffthephone's posts

I don't bash TT but Rask has won 4 games in a row.He has put us back in the playoffs. You would have to be a complete idiot to put TT back in now. You ride the hot goalie. The B's showed him class by giving him 5 Mil a season.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ssags111. Show ssags111's posts

[QUOTE]The way you talk about Thomas you would think he is a hockey legend. A hockey legend he isn't for sure. Bobby Orr was traded and Wayne Gretzky both hockey legends so its obvious any one can be traded at any given time. The Bruins organization doesn't owe Thomas a thing as a matter of fact he should be thanking his lucky stars they gave him a chance. I say trade him now if you can get a decent return otherwise keep him as a backup even though the 5 mill cap hit is hard to swallow.
    Posted by woodtick7[/QUOTE]

Orr wasn't traded like you are making it out to be, he was screwed over by Eagleston.

I think you guys are being premature and acting like Red Sox fans. All knee jerk reactions and never thinking ahead.  Trading TT is a mistake at this point.