time for the bruins to show some class trade thomas

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from woodtick7. Show woodtick7's posts

Re: time for the bruins to show some class trade thomas

Yes i know he was screwed by Eagleson but never the less it just shows anybody can be traded at any time as Gretzky and Orr were just a couple of examples of star players being traded as there have been lots of other stars who have been traded.

My whole point here is some posters make Thomas to be a legend of greater proportion then he should be he is no where near being thought of as a star in this league. What has he had a couple of good years.

Why should anyone feel the Bruins organization owes him anything they gave him a chance to get out of obscurity playing in Europe and a 5 mill a year contract to boot. Tim should wave his no trade clause if he wants out or be a good teamate and wait for his chance gain. I just don't think its in his character to sit on the bench. I think he would be happy going anywhere where he could be the starter.

The worst thing that could happen is to let him mentor Rask as both in his goal tending style and immaturity for taking swings at people taking penalties wouldn't be beneficial to Rask.

I say if the storming bull my nickname for him when he storms out the net like a fool after being toasted in a shootout wants out let him out.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from sparky1313. Show sparky1313's posts

the team plays with confidence with Rask in net and scrambles with TT in net. They have all season, do you think they know something we don't? Trade TT and get a goal scorer, add Ryder and get another pick that will help trade up next year. I've said it before and I'll continue to say it; The B's will NOT win a cup or be a contender with TT in net!! He is too unpredictable thats why the shooters useed to have a problem beating him and thats why the D has problem figuring out where the pucks going. All the shooters now know to go 5-hole because he NEVER cover it when he moves. And when he knows that the team is going 5-hole on him he tightens it and leave too much space wide. He also often miss reads the play or waaaaaaay over commits. He is a glorified backup that HAD something to prove and now wothout that he's showing his true colors. TRADE HIM SOON. I think the NTC kicks in after the season.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

In Response to Re: time for the bruins to show some class trade thomas:
    [QUOTE]the team plays with confidence with Rask in net and scrambles with TT in net. They have all season, do you think they know something we don't? Trade TT and get a goal scorer, add Ryder and get another pick that will help trade up next year. I've said it before and I'll continue to say it; The B's will NOT win a cup or be a contender with TT in net!! He is too unpredictable thats why the shooters useed to have a problem beating him and thats why the D has problem figuring out where the pucks going. All the shooters now know to go 5-hole because he NEVER cover it when he moves. And when he knows that the team is going 5-hole on him he tightens it and leave too much space wide. He also often miss reads the play or waaaaaaay over commits. He is a glorified backup that HAD something to prove and now wothout that he's showing his true colors. TRADE HIM SOON. I think the NTC kicks in after the season.
    Posted by sparky1313[/QUOTE]
    I knew there was a reason I ignored you! Now i know why.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bos328. Show bos328's posts

the team plays with confidence with Rask in net and scrambles with TT in net. They have all season, do you think they know something we don't? Trade TT and get a goal scorer, add Ryder and get another pick that will help trade up next year. I've said it before and I'll continue to say it; The B's will NOT win a cup or be a contender with TT in net!! He is too unpredictable thats why the shooters useed to have a problem beating him and thats why the D has problem figuring out where the pucks going. All the shooters now know to go 5-hole because he NEVER cover it when he moves. And when he knows that the team is going 5-hole on him he tightens it and leave too much space wide. He also often miss reads the play or waaaaaaay over commits. He is a glorified backup that HAD something to prove and now wothout that he's showing his true colors. TRADE HIM SOON. I think the NTC kicks in after the season.
    Posted by sparky1313

Agreed 100% - TT changed his style after being criticize by the media year after year regarding his style, which is fish out of water. He plays with a big heart, but he's not your typical #1 goalie. Let him loose!!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

the way the bruins have handled there Prima donnas for the last ten years has been terrible and give me joe thorton and kessel and we would be a lazier team .
    Posted by bruinsking

Fixed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from notacryingwino. Show notacryingwino's posts

Julie Ann is a joke that dont like players getting more of the spotlight then him. Last year he fought with Kessel, this year with Thomas. . Twenty minute Claude would be a good name for this coach. If not for the goaltenders the Bruins would be a far worse team then the Oilers. Take this winning streak, except for one game where the offense scored five goals, and still almost lost because his players started coasting. Get a lead and go into a prevent defense that never will, and never has worked. Until Julie Ann is gone so is any cup hopes. Defense is fine but you still need goals to win and thats been lacking all year. To bad the Bruins are paying Lewis still, or Julie would of already been long gone, Like our cup hopes this year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from stingerjp. Show stingerjp's posts

I think TT would be fine if he played as much as he did last season.  I also don't believe TT is the problem on this team, it is lack of scoring.

Yes, Thomas has a NTC but i am positive he would waive it if it meant more playing time.  TT is a classy guy and he wants to play more than anything. 

No team will trade for him UNLESS he is expected to be the #1 tender-his cap hit is too much to be a backup.  TT will waive the NTC if asked-no doubt in my mind.

If he does get moved, i'll miss him.  He is a quality tender that carried this team for a while in the past...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

If any one is not showing class it is Thomas.  He had a good year last got paid and has been average this year.  You see this often with younger players but I bet PC did not expect it from a 35 year old.  We have given Thomas the starting role for 3 months and he has not played any where near the level he did last year.  This is why he is now sitting and watching a rookie play.

As for the personal stuff Ryder's brother was just arrested for armed robbery and I am not willing to give him a pass either.  These guys are paid to do a job and if there personal lives are getting in the way they should not play.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from notacryingwino. Show notacryingwino's posts

If any one is not showing class it is Thomas.  He had a good year last got paid and has been average this year.  You see this often with younger players but I bet PC did not expect it from a 35 year old.  We have given Thomas the starting role for 3 months and he has not played any where near the level he did last year.  This is why he is now sitting and watching a rookie play. As for the personal stuff Ryder's brother was just arrested for armed robbery and I am not willing to give him a pass either.  These guys are paid to do a job and if there personal lives are getting in the way they should not play.
    Posted by Orrthebest
    Sorry But Thomas has had more then one good year. Are you new to the Bruins? Thomas had a streak where he allowed five goals in six games and managed one win. Was Thomas to blame or the offense? Thomas has numbers above average  save percentage .915 G.A.A AROUND 2.5. Yet you talk like he gives up ten goals a game and never plays well. Your a joke. You must think Lidstrom is a way better defenseman the Orr ever was. I mean Lidstrom has won more cups  then Bobby ever did. Thomas is a legit number one and is being used badly by Julie Ann. Goaltending has been steller all year look at both guys stats then find another place to place your useless blame!!!!!!!!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattymcgee55. Show mattymcgee55's posts

"I mean Lidstrom has won more cups and Norris trophies the Bobby ever did."

You should check that again. I beleive it was 8 in a row for Bobby.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

Tuukka Rask BOS 29 25 797 57 2.08 14 7   4 740 .928
      Tim Thomas BOS 35 35 999 85 2.52 13 15   7 914 .915

First off if watching about half the regular season game and all of the playoff game since 1972 is considered new, then I am guilty as charged.  Now onto the Stats posted above if you can not see the clear difference then I can not help you.  Last season TT's stats were above where Rask's are this season.  So does this mean you're finally will to admit that TT's good Stats were due to how well the team played in front of him last season?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from winexpos. Show winexpos's posts

[QUOTE]The way you talk about Thomas you would think he is a hockey legend. A hockey legend he isn't for sure. Bobby Orr was traded and Wayne Gretzky both hockey legends so its obvious any one can be traded at any given time.Posted by woodtick7[/QUOTE]

What?  Bobby Orr was NEVER traded he signed as a free agent in Chicago after being mislead by his agent, Alan Eagleson.

The Bruins offered Orr one of the most lucrative contracts in sports history, at the time, including over 18% ownership in the Bruins organization.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from notacryingwino. Show notacryingwino's posts

Tuukka Rask BOS 29 25 797 57 2.08 14 7   4 740 .928   Tim Thomas BOS 35 35 999 85 2.52 13 15   7 914 .915 First off if watching about half the regular season game and all of the playoff game since 1972 is considered new, then I am guilty as charged.  Now onto the Stats posted above if you can not see the clear difference then I can not help you.  Last season TT's stats were above where Rask's are this season.  So does this mean you're finally will to admit that TT's good Stats were due to how well the team played in front of him last season?
    Posted by Orrthebest
    The big difference is Thomas posted his numbers after a full season.While Rask until a couple of weeks ago had his stats padded by playing the weaker teams. Dont believe me go to the season schedule and see for yourself. Rask is a very nice guy I have met him and hope for a long storied career. But at this time Thomas is paid to be the starter and has done nothing to deserve the treatment given by Julie Ann. Clearly with the stats you posted, both the Bruins goaltenders have done the job this season!!!!!!!!!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

I dont think there is any blame to put on anyone, CJ stated true facts, thomas is a good goalie, and he knows that, he is not playing at the evel he is capable of and the team needs the wins.. I would guess they ride rask till a loss, and then go back to alternating or splitting the games more evenly, and continue to ride the who ever is hot at the time down the stretch..

Stirring the pot up for nothing, or for some attention....

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

I dont think there is any blame to put on anyone, CJ stated true facts, thomas is a good goalie, and he knows that, he is not playing at the evel he is capable of and the team needs the wins.. I would guess they ride rask till a loss, and then go back to alternating or splitting the games more evenly, and continue to ride the who ever is hot at the time down the stretch.. Stirring the pot up for nothing, or for some attention....
    Posted by rolerhoky19

that is all the wino does.I suspect the wino is Thomas's wife.That's the only reason I can think of for such blind support of TT.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from notacryingwino. Show notacryingwino's posts

Is your husband the globe editor, or are you Julie Anns wife zucchini? I support every Bruin player. Unlike you that puts up a dumb picture of you and two guys one with a hatchet then disses posters that write things about players and games. You even put someone elses post up then make remarks about what i say. Your a clASS act. Clueless about hockey but loud and proud way to go moron!!!!!!!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

With Rask in the net even if the Bruins play so so...they have a chance to beat any team in the playoffs.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Is your husband the globe editor, or are you Julie Anns wife zucchini? I support every Bruin player. Unlike you that puts up a dumb picture of you and two guys one with a hatchet then disses posters that write things about players and games. You even put someone elses post up then make remarks about what i say. Your a clASS act. Clueless about hockey but loud and proud way to go moron!!!!!!!!
    Posted by notacryingwino

Boy.Resorting to name calling and worrying about the avatar.And I am clueless about hockey.I am glad you would think my work is good enough for the globe though.I was going to apply for Duponts job.Hopefully I can use you for a reference.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Posted by notacryingwino

I do miss seeing your jugs on here though.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from notacryingwino. Show notacryingwino's posts

In Response to Re: time for the bruins to show some class trade thomas : I do miss seeing your jugs on here though.
    Posted by dezaruchi
    I understand your not here to talk hockey. Your just a Hab fan here to annoy real Bruins fans. But its ok zuchinini keep reading our post and someday if you get your CNA to explain what we write,you may learn something!!!!!!!!!!!!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsking. Show bruinsking's posts

nota  just ignore that haps fan dezaruchi . thomas goes to the olympics and fluto trashes him THEN dupont . how bush is the boston globe. DO THEY HATE TEAM USA If I were thomas fluto and dupont would get one statement from me NO COMMENT.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: time for the bruins to show some class trade thomas : I understand your not here to talk hockey. Your just a Hab fan here to annoy real Bruins fans. But its ok zuchinini keep reading our post and someday if you get your CNA to explain what we write,you may learn something!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Posted by notacryingwino

It is too bad you feel threatened by my hockey smarts.we could agree to disagree but you aren't mature enough to accept differing opinions.You should ignore my posts if you are so sick of learning about hockey(and just keep going on about your love of TT)