Time for Thomas

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from KJBruinswin. Show KJBruinswin's posts

Time for Thomas

Rask has played very good but it is time to keep TT sharp and see what he can do against Buffalo. Plus it gives Rask a break. Perfect opportunity tonight. The team should be pumped for the first home game.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from KJBruinswin. Show KJBruinswin's posts

Re: Time for Thomas

No joke intended. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from montecristo. Show montecristo's posts

No way. I don't think the first round of the playoffs is the right time to "to keep TT sharp and see what he can do against Buffalo."

I like Tim Thomas, but Rask is our now and is our future.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mebackagin. Show mebackagin's posts

a few weeks ago I made mention about the most ridiculous post I have ever seen on this site, I take it back that is almost insane what you're saying  I would not put Thomas in under any circumstances he's lost his confidence and his timing at this stage in the game Rask all the way, Rask has played well and I believe he's going to get even better If Thomas goes in even for a game at this point in time we've lost the series!  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from abra-cadaver. Show abra-cadaver's posts

You are a few weeks late for Aprils fools jokes.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MILANlucic17. Show MILANlucic17's posts

In Response to Time for Thomas:
    Rask has played very good but it is time to keep TT sharp and see what he can do against Buffalo. Plus it gives Rask a break. Perfect opportunity tonight. The team should be pumped for the first home game.
    Posted by KJBruinswin

crack kills........

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from notrolls. Show notrolls's posts

Posted by KJBruinswin
    You should rename this thread "Time for my meds".

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikehawkislong69. Show mikehawkislong69's posts

Posted by KJBruinswin

I hope for your sake that you are not serious

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Speed, ML17, speed kills.  Crack is just whack.

I can envision a scenario where they go with TT - and I think he'd respond pretty well because it would give him a chance to be the hero.  If Rask were to get lit up tonight and Wednesday, they would have to go with TT just to avoid the potential for long-term damage to Rask's confidence.  Three straight games of getting shelled followed by months of answering questions about what happened?  Not good.  It's almost better for him to lose the starting job to TT.  If TT wins, great - he keeps playing until he loses or they get to the next series.  If he loses, well, it wasn't Rask it was clearly the team because neither goalie could save them.  If they go on and win the series with TT, well, great - the two bad games don't matter any more, and the kid who was supposed to be the back-up is back in that role - and on the whole he can look back at a pretty successful year.

Sorry Timmy, but I'm hoping this doesn't happen.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from misterpaulo. Show misterpaulo's posts

TT just needs to keep up the yoga and take up space in the other net during practice.  The next time I see pucks darting through his legs will hopefully be with a team not named Boston in 2010/11.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

It should be illegal for some people to start threads!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Without comparing who's the better goalie and staring a debate on this , Julien cannot change now.  He made the decision and has to go with it.  Now,  if Rask was awful game 1-2 and Bruins lost by wide margins I can see how Julien would try Thomas to change momentum (the same way in game the coach switches goalie) . In this case the Bruins have the momentum so there is no way Julien will do change.
    Does Ruff remove Miller for letting in 4 goals ?  There's your answer(s) KJBruinswin

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Raskman. Show Raskman's posts

I don't rule out seeing TT at some point, but not after the two games Tuukka played.  He let that one stinker in, but other then that, pretty solid.  We had a chance to win both games and that's all you ask of you're goalie.  Anything better is bonus. 

The playoffs are not about giving rests and getting someone some minutes.  You run with your top horses until the can't run anymore.  Are the Sabres going to rest Miller? 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reilly24. Show Reilly24's posts

Wow, I've never seen a "serious" post like this so highly contested. I think you have lost any credibility as a hockey fan here. If CJ were to start TT for any reason other than an injury to Rask, I'd be calling for someone to be fired!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BelieveINBoston9. Show BelieveINBoston9's posts

KJ, you know Tim Thomas s*cks....right?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from KJBruinswin. Show KJBruinswin's posts

Millers backup is not last years Vezina trophy winner. The Sabres are going to run are goalie tonight(take that to the bank) and I would prefer it not be the bruins goalie of the future. The Sabres know the importance of the game and until the Bruins respond with a more physical nature than the Sabres Rask is in jeopardy. The stakes only get higher as the series moves along. I would rather see TT get run than Rask. The Sabres are going to want payback for Vanek and our goalie and Chara will be their two targets, just wait and see before you pass judgement.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from KJBruinswin. Show KJBruinswin's posts

And for those dumb trolls who think TT is no good look at his stats this year 2.56GAA and 915% save percentage. If that is a bad goalie you don't know hockey very well.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from notrolls. Show notrolls's posts

In Response to Re: Time for Thomas:
    Millers backup is not last years Vezina trophy winner. The Sabres are going to run are goalie tonight(take that to the bank) and I would prefer it not be the bruins goalie of the future. The Sabres know the importance of the game and until the Bruins respond with a more physical nature than the Sabres Rask is in jeopardy. The stakes only get higher as the series moves along. I would rather see TT get run than Rask. The Sabres are going to want payback for Vanek and our goalie and Chara will be their two targets, just wait and see before you pass judgement.
    Posted by KJBruinswin
    Since you can see the future can you post tomorrow nights lottery numbers? You're an idiot.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from KJBruinswin. Show KJBruinswin's posts

His numbers are better then 80% of starting and backup goalies in the league. Now that is a bad goalie? 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from notrolls. Show notrolls's posts

His numbers are better then 80% of starting and backup goalies in the league. Now that is a bad goalie? 
    Posted by KJBruinswin
    Dude give it up, they're not gonna start floppy!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from RandyTravis. Show RandyTravis's posts

start a goalie that is 6-9 versus buffalo with a 3.24 goals against average makes a lot of sense you idiot

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from notrolls. Show notrolls's posts

start a goalie that is 6-9 versus buffalo with a 3.24 goals against average makes a lot of sense you idiot
    Posted by RandyTravis

But, but, but he won the Vezina last year!  Tongue out

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SouTexBruin. Show SouTexBruin's posts

I didn't get a chance to see either of the games, saw the highlights of Vanek getting hurt - looked like Boychuk hit him in the right leg, not the left - so I really don't have an idea of what this game could be like.  

If Buffalo runs Rask, why wouldn't the Bruins return the favor to Miller?  (payback is a medevac as the saying goes).  Actually, the Bruins players should go out there tonight and play good, physical play-off hockey - take the man, hard clean checks and keep shooting the puck as much as possible at Miller - play Bruins type hockey. 

The only one that I could see Buffalo running at would be Boychuk because of Vanek - but in looking at the replay, Vanek sprained his ankle going into the boards, not because of the hit Boychuk laid on him.

So Tex Bruin

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from KJBruinswin. Show KJBruinswin's posts

You have to love posters who throw out insults for posting ideas. This isn't kindergarten gentlemen and ladies. It is just a board to post your thoughts. It is possible to disagree in an adult fashion.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from notrolls. Show notrolls's posts

You have to love posters who throw out insults for posting ideas. This isn't kindergarten gentlemen and ladies. It is just a board to post your thoughts. It is possible to disagree in an adult fashion.
    Posted by KJBruinswin

You can't just post something ridiculous and not expect criticism. Benching Tuukka after winning because you think Buffalo is gonna run him is assinine. By your thinking they should bench Chara too, and maybe Boychuk. Now that you mention it, might as well bench everyone so they don't get hurt.