Time to put TT in net

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from stillallbost08. Show stillallbost08's posts

Time to put TT in net

players don't look comfortable playing in front of Rask...maybe bringing in TT to start the 3rd would give them a spark...not going to win too many game when giving up 3 goals in less than 2 periods.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

Re: Time to put TT in net

In Response to Time to put TT in net:
    players don't look comfortable playing in front of Rask...maybe bringing in TT to start the 3rd would give them a spark...not going to win too many game when giving up 3 goals in less than 2 periods.
    Posted by stillallbost08

ARE YOU INSANE!! RASK IS THE ONLY REASON THIS GAME ISN'T AN EMBARRASSMENT! YOU DON'T TAKE OUT YOUR BEST PLAYER! THAT'S LIKE BENCHING A GUY WHO HAS 2 GOALS & 2 ASSIST IN A GAME!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from OlsonicCreations. Show OlsonicCreations's posts

don't know where you are going with this one SABos.... the players clearly know Rask is an absolute stud--It's not effecting their play.

I mean, even the suggestion that the forwards/defense would play differently if they were "comfortable" with their goalie is kinda ridiculous. If anything, if their goalie is a sieve, they would play harder knowing that winning depended on them making something happen, and that clearly isn't happening today. From my perspective, the Bruins are just playing un-inspired "the next line will do it" type hockey.. giving up three break-a-ways in 2 periods, what do you expect Rask to do? 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pbergeron37. Show pbergeron37's posts

they shouldn't be comfortable, they are playing awful.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from stillallbost08. Show stillallbost08's posts

lol...this is the type of post I read last year whenever TT gave up 2-3 goals after 2 periods. Figured I would hold Rask up to the same standards this year...Personally I couldn't care less who is in goal as long as the team is winning.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

Posted by stillallbost08

OK, at 4-0. Now is the time to pull him. It's a mercy pull & CJ better let everyone know it!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from stillallbost08. Show stillallbost08's posts

wow...I left the room and didn't even notice it was 4-0...time to go mow the  lawn/leaves.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from thefly8. Show thefly8's posts

Can TT score!

This team has zero character or skill,again...and it shows.

Another long year, but at least they wont tease us in the playoffs!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruWingFan. Show BruWingFan's posts

In Response to Re: Time to put TT in net:
    In Response to Time to put TT in net : OK, at 4-0. Now is the time to pull him. It's a mercy pull & CJ better let everyone know it!
    Posted by nitemare-38

Agreed. Rask has done an excellent job considering what he's had to face. The B's look absolutely horrible. They seem to have forgotten that this Coyote team is not the Coyote team of years ago. It would not surprise me to see TT in goal tomorrow.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from MDsizzle. Show MDsizzle's posts

Posted by stillallbost08

You have most of that correct. They dont look comfortable playing, period! Who they are playing in front of is not the issue.

It is time to give TT a look / test in an in game situation, see how hes is progressing. Give tuukka a rest before the start tomorrow.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from OlsonicCreations. Show OlsonicCreations's posts

stillallbost, I resent reading your opinions on Rask because they are completely uncontaminated by logic or fact... The only thing you have done is note that the bruins are losing... blaming Rask for it is a complete non-sequitur.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

TT will only allow another 4 goals in one period!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

lol...this is the type of post I read last year whenever TT gave up 2-3 goals after 2 periods. Figured I would hold Rask up to the same standards this year...Personally I couldn't care less who is in goal as long as the team is winning.
    Posted by stillallbost08

Ummm....

Have you even been following today's game ?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

I have to wonder if this might be the start of a sophomore slump for Rask...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from MDsizzle. Show MDsizzle's posts

I have to wonder if this might be the start of a sophomore slump for Rask...
    Posted by RMiller87

A sophmore slump is a term for a player, not a team.

..and you cant even include Rask in the statement the B's had a horrible first two periods.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

In Response to Re: Time to put TT in net : A sophmore slump is a term for a player, not a team. ..and you cant even include Rask in the statement the B's had a horrible first two periods.
    Posted by MDsizzle

Relax, it's only one game...

The Bs have played terribly (This is a team that has spent to the cap ?)

But surrending 5 goals on 36 shots ain't gonna cut it in this League...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigjeezy. Show bigjeezy's posts

your stupid rask kept them in the game the defense was terrible the coyotes had three breakaways and its only one game 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from MDsizzle. Show MDsizzle's posts

In Response to Re: Time to put TT in net : Relax, it's only one game... The Bs have played terribly (This is a team that has spent to the cap ?) But surrending 5 goals on 36 shots ain't gonna cut it in this League...
    Posted by RMiller87

I'm not fired up. Was just letting you know your comment was not applicable by pointing out your error.

You are right, it is just 1 game, tomorrow will be better, and Tuukka will be Tuukka, always is. Hopefully the rest of the team was sufficently embarrased enough to get em going now.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

your stupid rask kept them in the game the defense was terrible the coyotes had three breakaways and its only one game 
    Posted by bigjeezy

On the contrary, Rask's save percentage was under 0.900 today...

That's not good enough....

We'll see if it's a trend or not...

Time will tell...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Rask was his usual brilliant self. This game was sold out by an unprepared coaching staff. How could they not know that Phoenix is fast on all 4 lines and all 3 D pairings.?? Julien should hang his head for not doing his job. An obvious stupid decision is to have Seguin anchored by Paille and Ryder, and Paille was the heaviest with Ryder the slowest. Seguin will do better with Bergie and Rex. Wheels missed more setups than Sturm.All his shots were in the goalie's belly. Kreji's line ok. Give Bergie Seguin and his line will be OK; Need a new 3rd line; 4th line is so-so, nothing to crow about.  Bring back Sabotka

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Leave Sob where he is, drop  Pail and Rec to 4th, dropkick Thorn, callup Caron, put with Berg March, drop Wheel to Seg Ryder.

Drop all D off PP, get some O with speed on points instead, maybe they can catch the breakaways.

McQ for Hun or Fer.

Give Rask the night off, he played great, but a .889 save % is not going to cut it, he has to be better, outplayed by Bryz is def not good enough.

TT will be better at playing ping ping the ricochet rabbit.LOL

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

A save percentage of .888 cannot really be called "brilliant..."

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from wmassgreg. Show wmassgreg's posts

its the first game of the season people, calm down. plenty of more games to play before we all panic

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

TT will only allow another 4 goals in one period!
    Posted by lucaooo

I'm sorry what was that? TT will allow how many goals in a period?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

A save percentage of .888 cannot really be called "brilliant..."
    Posted by RMiller87

Depends on the shots.  If your defense is keeping the shots to outside the circles, keeping the front of the net clean, and clearing rebounds, and your save percentage is .950, that might not be as impressive as an .888 when you've been faced with half a dozen breakaways, 2 on 1s, and cross-ice feeds when the D is out of position.

Come to think of it, they should break save% down the way they do the grid for where teams score from.  You'd have one percentage for shots above the circles, one for the half walls, one for the side of the net, one for the slot, one for the rush and one for the PP.  Then that stat would tell you more about the goalie than the team D.

Sections
Shortcuts