timmy thomas does it again

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kanes-Donuts. Show Kanes-Donuts's posts

timmy thomas does it again

Allstar game goalie and VEZINA trophy winner and bostons number one goalie for 4 more years. (chew on that data entry clerks and angry drunks)

and now timmy thomas has chased montreals alex kovalevs right out of the nhl because kovalev cant score on the bruins thanks to thomas. four more years at 5 millions per season not to much to pay the top goaler in the world. cant wait to see timmy wearing gold when he single handed beats canada and russian and sweeden.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pezell04x. Show Pezell04x's posts

Re: timmy thomas does it again

although I have no idea what you just said

Kanes Donuts is awesome. Best. Coffee Rolls. Ever.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinfan01. Show bruinfan01's posts

you left out the part about how he leaked in the losing goal against the canes and cost the bruins the second round. other than that, nah, you're still way wrong, bwahahahahahahahahahahahahah

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kanes-Donuts. Show Kanes-Donuts's posts

first the iceboard data clerk and winesaps and trapers say thomas will go to the minors, but he stays. then you say thomas will lose out to Fernando, but he wins the job cleanly.  is your skulls made out of dent resistant croquet mallet wood?

then hes a nhl allstar then he wins the vezina as leagues BEST goalie. then thomas almost single handed wins the series vs hurricanes when his teammates all gave up. next up a gold for usa and a stanley cup for boston. so when all this happens will you ever give timmy thomas credit for being the BEST GOALIE THE BRUINS HAVE EVER HAD.....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BradyBruin. Show BradyBruin's posts

You had me up until the best goalie they have ever had.. Love the enthusiam though- good effort.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBRUINSin2010. Show StanleyCuptotheBRUINSin2010's posts

I totally agree with you Thomas is the best goalie in the B's history,,,Cheevers was just ok , he had an unbelievable team in front of him and so weak on so many goals....just watch the game 7th when Lafleur scored that goal with less than a minute left to the game ....

Yep THOMAS is the best goalie the BRUINS ever had

GO BRRRUINS ! ! ! !

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pezell04x. Show Pezell04x's posts

until he wins a stanley cup, it's hard to put him as the best goalie in Bruins history...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jayman77. Show jayman77's posts

In Response to Re: timmy thomas does it again:
    first the iceboard data clerk and winesaps and trapers say thomas will go to the minors, but he stays. then you say thomas will lose out to Fernando, but he wins the job cleanly.  is your skulls made out of dent resistant croquet mallet wood? then hes a nhl allstar then he wins the vezina as leagues BEST goalie. then thomas almost single handed wins the series vs hurricanes when his teammates all gave up. next up a gold for usa and a stanley cup for boston. so when all this happens will you ever give timmy thomas credit for being the BEST GOALIE THE BRUINS HAVE EVER HAD.....
    Posted by Kanes-Donuts

Don't see him being better than Moog or Cheevers to be honest. That's all I have to say

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from CarolinaClamMan. Show CarolinaClamMan's posts

Moog?  MOOG?  Who let in four of the first six shots in playoffs 19__?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkrejci46. Show dkrejci46's posts

okay, Kanes, you are so ridiculous, you have just gone too far.
    Number one...Thomas is not the best goalie in the NHL, not even close, MIGHT be top 6 or so if I want to be generous. He is the product of a defensive system that is simply brilliant...all goalies that have played in Boston under Julien have done very well, even Alex Auld.

Tim Thomas did not beat out Fernandez cleanly, Fernandez got hurt. When Fernandez was healthy, they were a tandem, and when healthy, Fernandez was the better of the two goalies, as shown by his good form and rebound control (his numbers reflected this as well).

The best goaltender the Bruins have ever had would not let in a goal from the red line in overtime.

This is one signing I didn't like, I think the Bruins over paid. Quite frankly Thomas is not worth such a big peice of the cap to the Bruins, to another team, maybe, but not to the Bruins. The Bs would be better off with a craig Anderson for 1.7 mill, then they would for Thomas at 6 and a cap hit of 5.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThePhantomGourmet. Show ThePhantomGourmet's posts

Sorry ace, but that was Gilles Gilbert in net in the game 7 you mentioned vs. Montreal.  Learn your history or better yet, stick to baseball.

Cheevers - 2 Stanley Cups and Hall of Fame.
    Thomas - one playoff round win vs. a weak & injured 8th playoff seed - then a big game 7 OT choke.

Even Moog had a better resume, as did Bill Ranford.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from GillesGilbert. Show GillesGilbert's posts

Yes it was Gilbert and he was absolutely brilliant in that series and the biggest reason that the series went to 7 games (Cheevers lost the first 2 games and was 2-10 against the Habs in the play-offs in the mid 70s if memory serves).  If you want someone to blame then blame one of the 2 LWs that jumped on the ice to replace Don Marcotte after his long shift shadowing Guy Lafleur. That led to the PP and the tying goal with just over a minute to play.

Also Cheevers shared the goaltending in the finals in 1972 with Ed Johnston.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from emjake5236. Show emjake5236's posts

It would be interesting if timmy could continue this trend as time goes on. If he could win a cup, i think it would warrant a discussion. I think he is on par with Moog to be honest. He is not on Cheevers level, but he is playing well into legendary Bruins status.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from frencheeze. Show frencheeze's posts

In Response to timmy thomas does it again:
    Allstar game goalie and VEZINA trophy winner and bostons number one goalie for 4 more years. (chew on that data entry clerks and angry drunks) and now timmy thomas has chased montreals alex kovalevs right out of the nhl because kovalev cant score on the bruins thanks to thomas. four more years at 5 millions per season not to much to pay the top goaler in the world. cant wait to see timmy wearing gold when he single handed beats canada and russian and sweeden.
    Posted by Kanes-Donuts

gotta get a new pair of lens...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LSo2VihhSjM&feature=fvsr

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Thomas is easily the best goalie the Bruins have had in the last two decades. I actually think he's superior to Moog and Peeters as well.

the best ever in a Bruins jersey though?

Brimsek, Cheevers, and Thompson are all hall of famers (Thomas has yet to prove he belongs in that group) and have the distinction of being the only goalies to win a cup for the B's. They are our best ever (not including superstars like Sawchuk and Parent that the Bruins let slip away before their prime). In my mind it will take a while (or at least a cup) before Tim gets into their ranks.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pezell04x. Show Pezell04x's posts

best ever?

epic facepalm.

Although winning a Vezina should bring him respect, it doesn't make him the best in the nhl, let alone Bruins history.

come on man.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sportsnutty. Show Sportsnutty's posts

I agree with a few of the posts that T.T. can't quite yet be deemed the best Bruin's goaltender ever to play. However, for all of the TT bashers out there, the man DID win the Vezina trophy as the league's best goaltender for last year. And to put this in perspective, here he is compared to the previous few years winners.

TT. 2009-10 Boston Bruins 54g 36-11  2.10  5 SO   .933 SvP
    MB. 2008-09 NJ Devils       77g 44-27  2.17  4 SO   .920 SvP
    MB. 2007-08 NJ Devils       78g 48-23  2.18  12 SO  .922 SvP
    MK. 2006-07 Cal Flames     74g 20-11  2.07  10 SO  .923 SvP
    MB. 2003-04 NJ Devils        75g 38-26  2.03  11 SO  .917 SvP
    MB. 2002-03 NJ Devils        73g 41-23  2.02  9 SO   .914 SvP

I would definitely say he was not only the best goalie in the league last year statistically, but his year last year compared favorably to the best goalies of the past six years!
    Having split duty with Manny last year, he are some projections had he played as much as the previous winners. 48-24 with 7 SO.

Give the guy some f-en credit.  And to blame him for the "soft goal" against the Canes... I suppose then you have to blame him for every loss he has ever played in for the Bruins, after all he did let in the other team's GW goal. Some logic there.
    Worth every penny IMO.
    Go B's!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinfan01. Show bruinfan01's posts

In Response to timmy thomas does it again : gotta get a new pair of lens... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LSo2VihhSjM&feature=fvsr
    Posted by frencheeze

the canadiens s**k but this is my personal favorite of the best of tim thomas

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DGamH5PGNI

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from cobblerfaceisbackagain. Show cobblerfaceisbackagain's posts

You had me up until the best goalie they have ever had.. Love the enthusiam though- good effort.
    Posted by BradyBruin

Yeah way to be a mindless sheep...

Thats what we want from our fans, pom pom waving stooges

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsCountry. Show BruinsCountry's posts

Yah, I think what we want from our fans is a bunch of negaholics, rooted in the bad old days from '95 thru '04, who continue to act as if nothing's changed under Chiarelli the past 3 years.  "Until they win the Cup, nothing matters" seems to be the mentality. 

If that's the case, you might be a fan, but you're not showing that you're knowledgeable about hockey...what it takes to build a team that can win a Cup, the necessary process and steps..check out what's happening at B's development camp this week.  That's where it all starts for this organization, and that's something that was implemented by Chiarelli and Don Sweeney.

So go ahead...biotch, moan, whine about the past if you must...but in doing so, you may be missing out on what's happening right now that could result in a Cup here in Boston within 2-4 years.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsCountry. Show BruinsCountry's posts

Hey frencheez, nice body!  Too bad your brains don't match it.  Then again, if I were you, I might live in the past too...cuz you ain't got much of a future.

Canadiens won't make the playoffs this year.  The Price is wrong, not to mention most everything else.  A rudderless team of pipsqueaks, they won't be able to get low enough to avoid Bruins checks.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kanes-Donuts. Show Kanes-Donuts's posts

timmy thomas owns the montreal canadians now so they are not even a threat and will be long gone when the bruins win the cup and timmy thomas the playoff mvp

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinfan01. Show bruinfan01's posts

timmy thomas owns the montreal canadians now so they are not even a threat and will be long gone when the bruins don't win the cup and timmy thomas the playoff mvp for the opposing team
    Posted by Kanes-Donuts

fixed it for you. bwahahahahhahahahahah

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkrejci46. Show dkrejci46's posts

uhhhhhhhhhh bruinfan01 explain yourself

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThePhantomGourmet. Show ThePhantomGourmet's posts

Kanes Donuts is a testament to the fine educational system in the U.S.

Sections
Shortcuts