Tkachuk or Kariya?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Canbostondoit. Show Canbostondoit's posts

Tkachuk or Kariya?

Realistically fellow Bruin fans don't exspect a big deal to go down Boston had interest in Tkachuk last year and now. After watching STL and DET 3rd period last night, BST. should persue Kariya(FA) instead he's faster, still has a quick shot and can still get into those special spots and receive a pass. The BLUES will be dumping off vets and keeping their youth. So don't look for Backes or Oshie trades not happening because STL. will be crazy to let them go. And for our old friend Boyes well he has trouble putting the puck in the net. Boston lacks speed and Kariya can add speed and make fast break out moves something the Bruins can use for the remaining season.The Blues will not want a goalie or Wideman but they may want Ryder because his age is still OK to go to the Blues if the Blues are willing to trade Kariya and throw in a 4th rd pick we send back Ryder and Bitz.

Paille Savard Satan
    Wheels Krejci Kariya
    Sturm Bergeron Rechhi
    Lucic Begin Thornton Sobotka

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bridgemanusa. Show bridgemanusa's posts

Re: Tkachuk or Kariya?

Neither. Both old and not worh the $$. If anything, Chia needs to dump some salary (Ryder or Wideman) and get in some youth (Mueller?). Realistically, though, not going to happen.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TimThomas-god. Show TimThomas-god's posts

Neither, I don't like the sound of Mueller either.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Canbostondoit. Show Canbostondoit's posts

Kariya is FA after this season we will not need to worry about money.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TimThomas-god. Show TimThomas-god's posts

Yeah, but Kariya is doing absolutely nothing in St. Louis right now.  I almost rather keep Ryder just to see if he can turn things around.  I really would like to see the Bruins get Patric Hornqvist from the Predators.  He's having a break-out season, but didn't have any hype leading up to this year (drafted 230th overall).  If Nashville slips out of the playoff race, he might be a low-risk move the Bruins should consider.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Think trade during draft days.  The Bruins are not rebuilding but they are building a team.  These guys are past their prime.  Kariya's career numbers have dropped considerably ie assists.  Tkachuck is ready to retire.   If it is a salary dump ok.  Otherwise either one is not an upgrade.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TimThomas-god. Show TimThomas-god's posts

Patric Hornqvist: A young kid (23 years old) with lots of potential (already 23 goals this year), and he's wicked cheap (only making $713,000 this year).  What's not to like?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

Could Savard to Kariya work? Both high skilled players, but as much as I like Kariya, I think his days are over.
    Try to get Selanne if the Ducks drop off. That would work. Low cost, and he goes back to LA after the season ends.
    But seriously, can this team really contend this year. Might as well go low and get all the new top end, cheap talent you can at this point. Let the injured players get better, and make a serious run next year.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

I think you missing the point with the Patric Hornqvist talk, kariya and Tkachuk are rentals that would come at a low cost, persuing an up and coming 23 year old who isn't a salary dump or cap cut comes at a much higher cost...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Canbostondoit. Show Canbostondoit's posts

Selanne will be a good temp. fill in and he will good for Rask to keep Rask emotions in check and set a good example for young FIN coming into the big leagues good post perrysound.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins12. Show bruins12's posts

Neither.... but out of the two I'd take Kariya. Was watching Blues vs. Red Wings last night and he was flying. Could bring the Bruins some speed on Savards wing.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from woodtick7. Show woodtick7's posts

Why would the Predators give up a cheap Hornqvist for overpriced players in return. Do you think there GM is stupid and owes the Bruins a favor.

I wouldn't want Tkachuk or Kairya. Ray Whitney i would take.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TimThomas-god. Show TimThomas-god's posts

I think you're wrong, rolerhoky19.  Hornqvist has had a great season, no doubt, but he has gone under the radar his entire career.  He was drafted 230th overall (that's the last pick in the entire draft) back in '05.  Since then, Hornqvist has played in only one other NHL season.  I think the Bruins could get him for relatively little: maybe 1 or 2 2nd rounders and Hamill. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Tkachuk will probably end up here because he go's to the net, muck it up in the corners, won't cost allot to get and he's off the books this summer. He's a perfect fit for Begin on the fourth line. Satan, Thornton can get some healthy scratches.

I'd rather see Torres and Whitney. Torres I could see landing here Whitney wants a 2 year extension to waive his NTC ain't gonna happen. Ray is what we really need I'd give him a 1 year but not 2. I wanted someone before the Olympic break but taint gonna happen...

...I'm Evaluating!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

In Response to Re: Tkachuk or Kariya?:
    I think you're wrong, rolerhoky19.  Hornqvist has had a great season, no doubt, but he has gone under the radar his entire career.  He was drafted 230th overall (that's the last pick in the entire draft) back in '05.  Since then, Hornqvist has played in only one other NHL season.  I think the Bruins could get him for relatively little: maybe 1 or 2 2nd rounders and Hamill. 
    Posted by TimThomas-god

Why would Nashville do that?  And what makes you sure enough he'd repeat his 'breakout' in Boston that you'd trade a 1st or 2 2nds?  Doesn't matter where he was drafted if he's having a great season right now - does it matter that Zetterberg and Datsyuk were drafted very late?  Think Detroit's going to trade them just because they were late round picks?  He's a young player who has, agaisnt the odds, developed into a solid player for the Preds.  Where he was drafted no longer matters.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TimThomas-god. Show TimThomas-god's posts

Wow Bookboy007, how about reading more closely.  I said they should give up maybe ONE OR TWO 2nd ROUNDERS and Hamill.  And I was using his draft position/career as a whole to simply say that maybe Nashville might want to give him up.  And did you really just compare Patric Hornqvist to Zetterberg and Datsyuk?  Those two have proven to be elite NHL players over 7 and 8 years respectively.   

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

No to both.  Not because "we're not winning the Cup this year" but because I don't think eitehr has much to offer.

Stranger things have happened that this Bruin team winning the Cup.  I've seen a goat with a leg growing out of its head. That's why (stranger things, not specifically the goat) they say that once you're in, the playoffs are a whole new season.  Is it likely?  Probably not.  Is it more likely if the players see management showing faith in the group and adding a cog or two?  Yep.  Most of this year's failing has been mental; if they can get their heads right and go back to believing they're the schist, the way they did last Nov. and Dec., who knows?  And say what you will about TT's bizarre style, it's the kind of Jeet Kune Do chuck all the rules and see what works style that lends itself to unfathomable hot streaks.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

yeah but TT your talking about him as if nashville would be looking to move him, as part of a salary dump for the bruins, he has more goals then anyone we can offer, and nashville has strong goaltending.  Hornqvist is at a point where he has proven as much at this point as kessel had by the time in his career and look what he cost, plus he is an RFA when the next season ends so nashville has no reason to move him what so ever they are not cap tight and his league minimum salary isnt hindering them.  Plus if he has a better year next season and they can't negotiate with him they are still guaranteed compesation and can seek a higher return. Hamill hasn't done anything and isnt a very enticing prospect at this point in my opinion outside of being the 8 pick has nothing to show for at this point in his career..

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from xenimus. Show xenimus's posts

In Response to Tkachuk or Kariya?:
    Realistically fellow Bruin fans don't exspect a big deal to go down Boston had interest in Tkachuk last year and now. After watching STL and DET 3rd period last night, BST. should persue Kariya(FA) instead he's faster, still has a quick shot and can still get into those special spots and receive a pass. The BLUES will be dumping off vets and keeping their youth. So don't look for Backes or Oshie trades not happening because STL. will be crazy to let them go. And for our old friend Boyes well he has trouble putting the puck in the net. Boston lacks speed and Kariya can add speed and make fast break out moves something the Bruins can use for the remaining season. The Blues will not want a goalie or Wideman but they may want Ryder because his age is still OK to go to the Blues if the Blues are willing to trade Kariya and throw in a 4th rd pick we send back Ryder and Bitz. Paille Savard Satan Wheels Krejci Kariya Sturm Bergeron Rechhi Lucic Begin Thornton Sobotka
    Posted by Canbostondoit

Best case scenerio would be the Bruins landing Both Whitney and Selanne and probably a D-men like Vishn - from Edmonton. Getting rid of Thomas' $5mill would be huge in making space for those deals to go down.

A lot of people point out his NMC, valid point, but i beg to differ on the notion that he would not wave it. Chicago makes a ton of sense for him. Closer to his home (Flint, Michigan) and a chance to play in front of a dynamic offense which gives him the chance to be more relax and play his style. Also, he will have a legit chance at the cup.

Thomas is a competitor and always strives to be #1. He is a pridefull guy and will be hard pressed to be in the shadow of a 22 year old goaltender. He will be the guy in Chicago, my sense is he will waive his NMC for the right situation. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

Chicago has no cap room, and has to trade guys off in the off season just to make room to keep the guys they have already extended..Plus I don't think chiarelli is giving up on thomas yet, how many goalies of come through boston with one good year and gone.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattymcgee55. Show mattymcgee55's posts

Walt

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Vilho. Show Vilho's posts

omg, dream on regarding anyone like Hornqvist.  NO team is trading a 23 year old in the middle of a breakout year and still cheap.  Why in heck would they?  If Nashville was up against the cap and loaded with what they THOUGHT was enough offensive talent (sound familiar?) they would consider trading him for high picks, but it's not going to happen.  I'm not big on us picking anything up until March 2nd.  See what these guys can do for themselves now that they're mostly healthy and if it's good, add a little (nothing out there will make us a true contender though), and if we're still in 9th, then sell for the love of god.  Get some more assets and deal at the draft.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

Important note:  the Bruins now have only 3 games left before the trade deadline.  Not much ice time to use for evaluating (when did that meme start anyways?  Is it a Chiarelli thing?)

This team has been really difficult to get pegged down this year.  Flashes of goodness, periods of total ineptitude.  Absolutely no ability to maintain momentum between games.  I honestly don't see how Chiarelli can get any kind of clear picture to make a decision.  Perhaps that's why I'm not a GM.
    My gut says (besides the gurgling) that the only moves he will make are ones that are either clearly beneficial to the Bruins, or will help the team somehow next year (e.g. salary dumps).

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TimThomas-god. Show TimThomas-god's posts

Ok Vilho, so you're basically saying, "Let's give up on the season."  Yeah, that's a great idea. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BelieveINBoston9. Show BelieveINBoston9's posts

In Response to Re: Tkachuk or Kariya?:
    I think you missing the point with the Patric Hornqvist talk, kariya and Tkachuk are rentals that would come at a low cost, persuing an up and coming 23 year old who isn't a salary dump or cap cut comes at a much higher cost...
    Posted by rolerhoky19

hahaha....THANKYOU....i kept reading and rolling about the damn hornqvist thing and was thinking the same thing and was wondering when i nwas going to see this comment if ever