To all the Bruins fans that have tagged Lucic..if he is

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dinami. Show dinami's posts

To all the Bruins fans that have tagged Lucic..if he is

such a wimp and disgrace challenge him to a 3 rounder..with proceeds going to a local charity..go ahead give him a Twitter and tell him exactly how you feel in person....

The finger has not healed, add the ankle and the nose he is not in the same physical shape as last year.

On the flip side all of the players showed much more pride tonight against the Leafers..

Win or lose just play with pride for the last 20 games.

Timmy was great tonight..

Good luck on the road...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from cutthroat. Show cutthroat's posts

Re: To all the Bruins fans that have tagged Lucic..if he is

In Response to To all the Bruins fans that have tagged Lucic..if he is:
    such a wimp and disgrace challenge him to a 3 rounder..with proceeds going to a local charity..go ahead give him a Twitter and tell him exactly how you feel in person.... The finger has not healed, add the ankle and the nose he is not in the same physical shape as last year. On the flip side all of the players showed much more pride tonight against the Leafers.. Win or lose just play with pride for the last 20 games. Timmy was great tonight.. Good luck on the road...
    Posted by dinami

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from davecarr. Show davecarr's posts

I don't think Lucic, his agent, his insurance company, or the Bruins would allow him to fight random people who challenge him.

Just a hunch.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from cutthroat. Show cutthroat's posts

Well said.  Yes he's struggled since the high ankle sprain.  But seriously, who on the team isn't really struggling this year?  No, Lucic didn't decisively win this bout, but he didn't go down either.  I'd be willing to bet that most people bitching about this fight would not only crumple, but go home crying to their mothers had Colton Orr bust them in the nose. 

If you're truly B's fans, how about you show some class and start acting like it.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from OldFoges. Show OldFoges's posts

Come on, face facts.  He ran like a rabbit looking for the linesman to cover.   Call it like it is.  He was a tough Junior A player who started tough in the NHL and is now looking to back away from a real tough scrap.  He wont dance with NHL elite fighters and wont bang the body the way he used to.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from cutthroat. Show cutthroat's posts

In Response to Re: To all the Bruins fans that have tagged Lucic..if he is:
    Come on, face facts.  He ran like a rabbit looking for the linesman to cover.   Call it like it is.  He was a tough Junior A player who started tough in the NHL and is now looking to back away from a real tough scrap.  He wont dance with NHL elite fighters and wont bang the body the way he used to.
    Posted by OldFoges

I see this is your first post.  Let's hope it's your last as well.  It's obvious you've never strapped on a pair of skates in your life, never mind gone toe to toe with someone on the ice, never mind one of the NHL's elite fighters like Orr.  Do us all a favor, stop watching hockey and go back to your UFC cage fighting. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from cad11. Show cad11's posts

Let's back off Lucic. He's coming off injuries. He played well tonight. And give him credit for going with Colton Orr. Orr is one of the tougher guys in the league. Lucic hung in there and took some shots. But he also gave a few. I'll agree that after he got popped in the nose he was looking to get out, but the fight was done by then anyway. Thornton should have stepped up to fight Orr.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerrynewyork. Show jerrynewyork's posts

who cares how he fights or who he fights,just let's hope he's still healthy enough to bang players into the boards and score some goals.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisbruinsfan1985. Show chrisbruinsfan1985's posts

I would like him alot more if we were paying hi 1.5-2.5 million a year instead of over 4 million!!

What a disgrace of a contract!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoveRealHockey. Show LoveRealHockey's posts

I love Lucic, trade him to TO.

After what I saw last night, I take Phaneuf every day of the week over Chara and twice on Sundays.

Lucic (and Phaneuf) play with ton more heart that Chara.

You don't want Lucic to fight the heavyweights all the time, you want the other guy (Thorton...isn't that his job?).

Thomas was the difference and Lucic played a solid game.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ssags111. Show ssags111's posts

I would like him alot more if we were paying hi 1.5-2.5 million a year instead of over 4 million!! What a disgrace of a contract!
    Posted by chrisbruinsfan1985

Who's we? />  You dolt, you are not paying him a red cent.  Take your negativity and go whine about the Red Sox in the other threads, you are unneeded here.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SupportLocal81. Show SupportLocal81's posts

I would like him alot more if we were paying hi 1.5-2.5 million a year instead of over 4 million!! What a disgrace of a contract!
    Posted by chrisbruinsfan1985

Ok so let's blame Lucic for paying himself $4M a year.. The only disgrace here is your posting..

He's obviously hurting from injuries... let's see how he is after he has had a chance to heal....   

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SupportLocal81. Show SupportLocal81's posts

lucic is only a middle weight and got licked by every heavyweight he fought last year . it doesn't make him an awful guy or a bad player . and give him kudos for fighting a tough guy that thorton should have been fighting.
    Posted by bruinsking

Respectfully disagree... Lucic is 6'4" x 220lbs.. since when is that a middleweight? What he is, is young.. 20 or 21  and will grow a bit over the next few years..  and he has had a few bouts with some of the premier heavyweights.. faired OK.. but cut him slack.. youth and injuries are certainly a factor in his performance..

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsfan4ever23. Show bruinsfan4ever23's posts

what the F, this is about winning the CUP not fight night morons.  defense first score second with you folks its fight first check someone thru the board 2nd defense 3rd the scoring 7th or 8th, bunch of goons here

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from flave36. Show flave36's posts

Posted by OldFoges

Orr is an idiot Lucic doesn't even need to fight him but he did and got popped in the nose by that goon and was still tradding after about a minute of fighting.  He definitely held his own but whats the point of him keep fighting until he gets hurt and Orr takes him out of the game?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

You're all missing the point. It's not about whether Lucic gave up on a fight, or lacks "heart", which is all meaningless nonsense.

It's about the fact that he's not a very good hockey player. All the geniuses who protested when fans like me say he should have been traded long ago when his value was sky high (b/c everyone too stupid to tie their own shoes was calling him the next Cam Neely) are now making excuses for his disaster of a year (yeah, keep blaming it on that high ankle sprain.)

He's a 3rd-line grinder at best, and we could have gotten a goal-scoring sniper for him...in fact, we should have...but PC and the rest of the "brain" trust in this failure of a franchise rewarded him instead with a 3-year deal. Moronic. Bruins. Again.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

You're all missing the point. It's not about whether Lucic gave up on a fight, or lacks "heart", which is all meaningless nonsense. It's about the fact that he's not a very good hockey player. All the geniuses who protested when fans like me say he should have been traded long ago when his value was sky high (b/c everyone too stupid to tie their own shoes was calling him the next Cam Neely) are now making excuses for his disaster of a year (yeah, keep blaming it on that high ankle sprain.) He's a 3rd-line grinder at best, and we could have gotten a goal-scoring sniper for him...in fact, we should have...but PC and the rest of the "brain" trust in this failure of a franchise rewarded him instead with a 3-year deal. Moronic. Bruins. Again.
    Posted by TryToBearIt

Lucic was the best player on the ice after the fight.his forechecking led to offensive opportunities each time he was on the ice.if he is only a 3rd line grinder,why would you think you could acquire a sniper for him?obviously you feel other GMs see his value. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

You're all missing the point. It's not about whether Lucic gave up on a fight, or lacks "heart", which is all meaningless nonsense. It's about the fact that he's not a very good hockey player. All the geniuses who protested when fans like me say he should have been traded long ago when his value was sky high (b/c everyone too stupid to tie their own shoes was calling him the next Cam Neely) are now making excuses for his disaster of a year (yeah, keep blaming it on that high ankle sprain.) He's a 3rd-line grinder at best, and we could have gotten a goal-scoring sniper for him...in fact, we should have...but PC and the rest of the "brain" trust in this failure of a franchise rewarded him instead with a 3-year deal. Moronic. Bruins. Again.
    Posted by TryToBearIt

It's too soon to throw the book on the kid.  It's been a F'd up season for him and unless you're a visionary (you're track record so far is not bad) you can't give up on him yet. He's only 22. 
    I'm not the only one who sees some potential on this kid, Yzerman , McGuire, McKenzie just to name a few. 
    It's not his fault PC gave him a big contract.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: To all the Bruins fans that have tagged Lucic..if he is : It's too soon to throw the book on the kid.  It's been a F'd up season for him and unless you're a visionary (you're track record so far is not bad) you can't give up on him yet. He's only 22.  I'm not the only one who sees some potential on this kid, Yzerman , McGuire, McKenzie just to name a few.  It's not his fault PC gave him a big contract.
    Posted by BsLegion

The Hockey News ran an article this week about high quality 2nd round picks.of course Lucic was the article's main example.As you stated,far greater hockey minds than the ones found on here believe Lucic to be the real deal.I tend to strongly agree!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

lucic is only a middle weight and got licked by every heavyweight he fought last year . it doesn't make him an awful guy or a bad player . and give him kudos for fighting a tough guy that thorton should have been fighting.
    Posted by bruinsking

BK, Could you show me all these fights were Lucic "got licked by every heavyweight he fought last year." Must have missed all those....

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisbruinsfan. Show chrisbruinsfan's posts

I say WE are paying him because I am a season ticket holder that forks over alot of dough.

I'm pretty sure fighting Colton Orr or any other heavyweight isn't Lucic's job.

You don't pay someone 4 million to fight. You pay Shawn Thornton 550k to fight.

Which brings me back to my original point....why are we paying him over 4 million a year?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

To: B's Legion...

I appreciate that you acknowledge my track record isn't bad so far. That's been a major source of my frustration w/this board b/c I said before this season even began:

1) The Bruins would have a big fall-off from last year (I underestimated how much)
    2) They would miss Kessel's production in a huge way (100% right)
    3) They'd miss PJ Axelsson almost as much (100% right)
    4) They made no significant upgrades from 2009 and since they only advanced to round 2 of the playoffs that year, calling them "cup contenders" for 2010 as so many did was ridiculous given that they let their leading goal scorer walk.

So when I say Lucic is vastly overrated I'm sticking to it. The assertion that he was the best player on the ice after the fight (i know you didn't say this--someone else did) is so patently false I don't even know how to address it...and my point about him being a 3rd liner but getting a sniper in return is that his PERCEIVED VALUE was thru the roof a year ago even if it wasn't justifiable.

Bruins fans have a propensity to want to see the "next Neely" any time a big guy comes along who can fight and can hit (I admit Looch can do both those things) and is young. But everyone forgets that Neely also had extraordinary hands, both passing and scoring ability, and had a nose for the net that comes along maybe once every 20-30 YEARS. Lucic is simply not that player and is never going to be (he's also pretty slow on his skates), and the B's should have dealt him when everyone thought he was the 2nd coming. Now he's not going to net you anything.

I'll tell you who he reminds of most: Kevin Stevens circa 1995 when Harry Sinden brought him on board to be the "final piece of the puzzle." I think we all remember how that worked out. Hey, maybe I am giving up on Looch too soon...we'll find out, b/c we're stuck w/him for another 2 years...but i'm willing to bet dollars to dunkin donuts he's destined to be a 3rd line, 10-15 goal scorer tops, and he'll be gone once his contract is up for another Wayne Primeau type as the B's continue to mis-read every hockey tea leaf in their cup.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

To: B's Legion... I appreciate that you acknowledge my track record isn't bad so far. That's been a major source of my frustration w/this board b/c I said before this season even began: 1) The Bruins would have a big fall-off from last year (I underestimated how much) 2) They would miss Kessel's production in a huge way (100% right) 3) They'd miss PJ Axelsson almost as much (100% right) 4) They made no significant upgrades from 2009 and since they only advanced to round 2 of the playoffs that year, calling them "cup contenders" for 2010 as so many did was ridiculous given that they let their leading goal scorer walk. So when I say Lucic is vastly overrated I'm sticking to it. The assertion that he was the best player on the ice after the fight (i know you didn't say this--someone else did) is so patently false I don't even know how to address it...and my point about him being a 3rd liner but getting a sniper in return is that his PERCEIVED VALUE was thru the roof a year ago even if it wasn't justifiable. Bruins fans have a propensity to want to see the "next Neely" any time a big guy comes along who can fight and can hit (I admit Looch can do both those things) and is young. But everyone forgets that Neely also had extraordinary hands, both passing and scoring ability, and had a nose for the net that comes along maybe once every 20-30 YEARS. Lucic is simply not that player and is never going to be (he's also pretty slow on his skates), and the B's should have dealt him when everyone thought he was the 2nd coming. Now he's not going to net you anything. I'll tell you who he reminds of most: Kevin Stevens circa 1995 when Harry Sinden brought him on board to be the "final piece of the puzzle." I think we all remember how that worked out. Hey, maybe I am giving up on Looch too soon...we'll find out, b/c we're stuck w/him for another 2 years...but i'm willing to bet dollars to dunkin donuts he's destined to be a 3rd line, 10-15 goal scorer tops, and he'll be gone once his contract is up for another Wayne Primeau type as the B's continue to mis-read every hockey tea leaf in their cup.
    Posted by TryToBearIt

who on either team (aside from TT) played better than lucic in last 2 periods?simple one to answer if so patently false.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

We don't pay shawn Thornton to fight Colton Orr's either though, we pay him that league minimum salary to keep the other guys honest, and maybe provide a momentum swing etc, I do not think he is the intimidator in that depart that Orr is.. If anyone remembers he played a couple games with the bruins one call up and in like 4 fights he broke like 2 jaws and a couple noses etc.. He's a pure beast in that sense..

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Posted by TryToBearIt

Hockey experts everywhere think lucic is the real deal.Hard to believe you haven't been hired as an analyst since you seem to know hockey better than any of them.I wish I had your hockey smarts.