To all you Thomas bashers!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

To all you Thomas bashers!

Here's how stupid you sound! That's it Rask is a bum. He can't even win 5 in a row! Trade the bum! He $uks.The B's made a mistake of giving him an extension. PC should be fired for being so stupid! Rask... maybe if he wasn't so TECHNICALLY SOUND & had some unorthodox style he would've been able to stop more in the shoot-out! Please PC trade him while he still has some value! If you wait any longer more teams will see he's not really any good & realize he can't beat big teams in big games & you won't get the value for him! Hurry do it now! PC you don't have much time! HURRY!! Trade him the B's just lost... Trade him! With the money you save on him we can get another defenseman, or send Recchi & Wideman with him & we can another player. HURRY do it now!! For you idiots out there.. I'm being sarcastic! That's exactly how you sound. Epavao, Sparky1313, closetightly take the hint!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from FairbankAK. Show FairbankAK's posts

Re: To all you Thomas bashers!

u forgot gardensupportor, heraldreader, GKR8, mcchesseburgar  and many more.
    foret that its all the same person.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkrejci46. Show dkrejci46's posts

fairbanks isnt a troll, hes been pretty good lately and i agree with him, signing thomas to the deal that he signed was probably PCs worst contractual signing to date.
    I do however think that thomas has some trade value. lets not forget he won the vezina last year, and there are a lot of teams that I'm sure could use a goaltender. how about TBL for tangauy and a 1st rounder. That sad, I think it would be a mistake to let him go this year, trade him in the off season if you can though

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

I think off season is too soon to let TT go. Let Rask develope this yr & next. Then maybe I might be a little more inclined to a trade. I think the B's have far too many other options to go b4 they get to TT.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from notacryingwino. Show notacryingwino's posts

In Response to Re: To all you Thomas bashers!:
    fairbanks isnt a troll, hes been pretty good lately and i agree with him, signing thomas to the deal that he signed was probably PCs worst contractual signing to date. I do however think that thomas has some trade value. lets not forget he won the vezina last year, and there are a lot of teams that I'm sure could use a goaltender. how about TBL for tangauy and a 1st rounder. That sad, I think it would be a mistake to let him go this year, trade him in the off season if you can though
    Posted by dkrejci46
    You forgot this joker on your list. Why would Thomas accept a trade to Tampa? Thats plain dumb. Tampa already has Nedamaki or however you spell it and Thomas is the starting goalie in Boston. A much better trade would be Krejci as he is easily replaced and the Bruins are deep at center and after Rask and Thomas have no capable goaltending in the system , Go look at the last place baby B`s in Providence for proof. You have a unjust hatred of Thomas. But you played hockey with Kessel and that idiots in the NHL while your making stupid post on a hockey board.The bruins have failed to get points in three games this month 2-0 Detroit 1-0 Rangers and 4-1 Isles. Yet you would mess with the goaltending for a old worn out player like Tanguay? how stupid.  Now go troll your hatred while real fans like nitemare write true real post!!!!!!!!!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

notacryingwino and dkrejci46 you guys crack me up . Hope it's all in fun though, it is for me.
    I have to disagree with you dkrejci46, PC gave Thomas deal last season as the Bruins were cup contenders and had to give peace of mind to their no1 goalie. PC knew last season was a one shot deal and that he maybe would not have the same lineup this season (well we almost did) . If it weren't for those injuries (ie Krejci , Kessel ...) Bruins could have been in the final.
    5M is too much for a Vezina winner ??? Ho much is Huet making ? J. Giguere ? list can go on....  Unfortunately this is the market for a number 1 !  Wait and see next season what Price wll be making .
    Thomas is not the Bruins problems this season !!!!!  It's the lack of scoring !!!!!
    Blame the players you thought could score 30 goals.  THE BLAME GAME IS A JOKE.
    Bruins knew this season they had to rely more on their defensive team play and calculated the production of some players in the mix would cover the goals that Kessel had.
    Miscalculation ? Maybe.  Like I said on another post we cannot judge yet. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from notacryingwino. Show notacryingwino's posts

notacryingwino and dkrejci46 you guys crack me up . Hope it's all in fun though, it is for me. I have to disagree with you dkrejci46, PC gave Thomas deal last season as the Bruins were cup contenders and had to give peace of mind to their no1 goalie. PC knew last season was a one shot deal and that he maybe would not have the same lineup this season (well we almost did) . If it weren't for those injuries (ie Krejci , Kessel ...) Bruins could have been in the final. 5M is too much for a Vezina winner ??? Ho much is Huet making ? J. Giguere ? list can go on....  Unfortunately this is the market for a number 1 !  Wait and see next season what Price wll be making . Thomas is not the Bruins problems this season !!!!!  It's the lack of scoring !!!!! Blame the players you thought could score 30 goals.  THE BLAME GAME IS A JOKE. Bruins knew this season they had to rely more on their defensive team play and calculated the production of some players in the mix would cover the goals that Kessel had. Miscalculation ? Maybe.  Like I said on another post we cannot judge yet. 
    Posted by BsLegion
    Well said and completely correct.It is time to support all the Bruins as fans and quit worrying about the money aspect. A players contract is earned not given. No one was complaining when Thomas won the Vezina for 1.1 mill last year and if I was the best worker at my company I would expect to be the most well paid as well. Once again I hope for the sucess of everything thats Boston Bruins hockey. GO BRUINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkrejci46. Show dkrejci46's posts

completely ignoring notacryingwino as i always do, BsLegion, I never said Thomas was "the problem," but Rask is quite simply a better goaltender. thomas won the vezina yes, but i dont think he should have. hes not necessarily overpaid but the bruins, next season, would be better off with 5 million in cap room than they would with a 5 million dollar back-up goalie

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from MDsizzle. Show MDsizzle's posts

A little risky dropping/trading TT just do to Rask's age and NHL inexperiance. Keeping both give's you a phenominal depth at the most important position.

Having said that, Rask, so far, has shown all the right things on and off the ice to be a franchise goalie. He seems to be the type of goalie that can handle 70ish starts. It is quite possible that the B's could be a stronger overall team without TT and a good goal scorer instead.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

completely ignoring notacryingwino as i always do, BsLegion, I never said Thomas was "the problem," but Rask is quite simply a better goaltender. thomas won the vezina yes, but i dont think he should have. hes not necessarily overpaid but the bruins, next season, would be better off with 5 million in cap room than they would with a 5 million dollar back-up goalie
    Posted by dkrejci46

Rask is not yet the better goalie. Put him as the number1 carry the load and see what happens when teams figure him out. 
    I love the comparisons to Price because they are so similar .  Play the exact same butterfly style calmly as everyone says "so poised". 
    Yes, calm until hell breaks over and all the burden is on their shoulders.  Price has only recovered from what Gainey did to him,  the last couple weeks.  Rest assure his confidence is still wishy washy and one bad series and it'll be old Price again.
    Do you want this to happen to Rask ?  because it will. 
    NHL coaches and players are not stupid. In a playoff series,  the way Rask is playing now,  will be figured out.  Always on his knees and very deep in his net.
    I cringed the last few games as some teams got in close and one side of the net was wide open.  He's to far in !  There are so many openings.  That's what he needs to fix, now !   Essensa are you listening ???
    One thing he's dynamic enough to react fast (those glove saves against Wild were spectacular) and this is the big positive note.  The most important one. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

BTW here's a list of goalies that practically make more or about the same as Thomas and correct me if I'm wrong NEVER WON the Vezina (except for Kiprusoff)

Backstrom, Vokoun, Giguere, Jean-Sebastien (as a backup), Huet, Turco, Lundqvist (put him in there only because making over 7.5M WOW, ho many playoff wins ??)
    Miller BUF 6.2M I like a lot but not overpaid ?
    Kiprusoff and Nabokov (both these two made into Swiss cheese from the Hawks) saw them lately and are mediocre at best especially with the D Calgary has  !  How many cups  ??? They're both on very good teams BTW !

The ELITE
    I didn't include Brodeur NJ  , Luongo VAN , Ward CAR as to me they are the elite and salary should not be in discussion.

One more stat, when was the last time a Bruins goalie that won the Vezina ?
    1982 Pete Peters !  So give some respect when it's due and good afternoon !

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkrejci46. Show dkrejci46's posts

honestly, i'll take almost all of those goalies over thomasm ward, luongo, brodeur, lundvist, miller, cmon, those guys are amazing.
    Notice, on the Price front, I did not say I want to trade Thomas now, which is what they did with price, I want to trade thomas in the off season after Rask has a full season of 1b duty in the NHL.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

A little risky dropping/trading TT just do to Rask's age and NHL inexperiance. Keeping both give's you a phenominal depth at the most important position. Having said that, Rask, so far, has shown all the right things on and off the ice to be a franchise goalie. He seems to be the type of goalie that can handle 70ish starts. It is quite possible that the B's could be a stronger overall team without TT and a good goal scorer instead.  
    Posted by MDsizzle

There's the key words in your statement. He seems!!! Here's some other HE SEEMED names out there. Right now. Carey Price. Jim Carrey, Trevor Kidd, Cory Hirsh, Karri Takko, Martin Biron, Blaine Lacher, Roman Turek! The list goes on. These were all SEEMS. Which is why this argument continues. You all think cause Rask SEEMS to be ready. Well, I think PC isn't planning on using all these draft picks for the B's. I think he likes the core of the team & he will use them to get what other players that is needed. He gave TT the contract not only because he desreved it, but because he wanted to solidify the most important position in sports for yrs to come & without having to RUSH his prospect & not put him in a postiton where HE SEEMS he can handle it & make it a KNOW! TT has shown he can handle 55-60 games & help the B's win close games. HE KNOWS TT can do it! TT has gotten better every yr. He isn't as "all over the place!" as he used to be. That's because of 2 reasons. 1) CJ has brought in a system where defence is first. 2) TT has worked hard with Essensa's help to get better. Now at a slow, steady pace is how you change the SEEMS to a KNOW for Rask.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

honestly, i'll take almost all of those goalies over thomasm ward, luongo, brodeur, lundvist, miller, cmon, those guys are amazing. Notice, on the Price front, I did not say I want to trade Thomas now, which is what they did with price, I want to trade thomas in the off season after Rask has a full season of 1b duty in the NHL.
    Posted by dkrejci46

Ward , Luongo , Brodeur are not in the same discussion as Thomas .  That's why I said they are the ELITE and not comparing to Thomas.
    Miller I like a lot and if with Bruins team last season and his contract was up , he'de maybe be making 7M.
    Lundqvist hasn't proven a thing and making that much !!! we'de be having the exact same  discussion today,  trade him, free cap space bla bla bla. Some games looks like a complete lost case.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Bringing in a cheap backup for Rask is comical and AIN'T GONNA HAPPEN! NHL winning teams need capable backups. The reigning Vezina trophy winner is still the best goalie until he loses the vote the next year.

Rask is everything as advertised but until he wins the Vezina he is not in Thomas's league. There's definitely some posters on here who don't like Thomas because he's American born and that's not fathomable to some hockey purists.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In Response to Re: To all you Thomas bashers! : There's the key words in your statement. He seems!!! Here's some other HE SEEMED names out there. Right now. Carey Price. Jim Carrey, Trevor Kidd, Cory Hirsh, Karri Takko, Martin Biron, Blaine Lacher, Roman Turek! The list goes on. These were all SEEMS. Which is why this argument continues. You all think cause Rask SEEMS to be ready. Well, I think PC isn't planning on using all these draft picks for the B's. I think he likes the core of the team & he will use them to get what other players that is needed. He gave TT the contract not only because he desreved it, but because he wanted to solidify the most important position in sports for yrs to come & without having to RUSH his prospect & not put him in a postiton where HE SEEMS he can handle it & make it a KNOW! TT has shown he can handle 55-60 games & help the B's win close games. HE KNOWS TT can do it! TT has gotten better every yr. He isn't as "all over the place!" as he used to be. That's because of 2 reasons. 1) CJ has brought in a system where defence is first. 2) TT has worked hard with Essensa's help to get better. Now at a slow, steady pace is how you change the SEEMS to a KNOW for Rask.
    Posted by nitemare-38

Very good point nitemare . I'll ask you again,  where have you been hiding or were you postng under another nickname ?  Wink 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

Thomas basher here.

He had no business winning the Vezina.  Manny Fernandez had the same stats at the All Star break, but got hurt.  Oh, and he didnt play like it was a Chinese fire drill in his end, making every easy simple save look like the hardest thing in the world.

If you know so little about goaltending that you think an award makes you elite, you are a fool.  If you are going to put an overrated overpaid mediocre goalie like Thomas who makes a living out of being out of position on every single play in the same category as a Brodeur, a Luongo, a Lundquist, a Miller, a Ward, a Kipprasoff or several other goalies in the NHL today, that makes you a pink hatted fanboy who started watching hockey in 2002.

Thomas is a nice story.  He lucked into staying with the B's as a series of goalies who were supposed to be the starter imploded or got injured (Raycroft, Toivonen, Fernandez, etc).  He had a nice season last year behind a defense-first well-coached system with the same stats as the other goalie before his injury, and he lucked into a Vezina because Brodeur was injured, some guys had off years and some silly voting.  However, he will always be the guy who is out of position, making all the uniformed fans think he's great because he makes 5 circus saves a game.  He's also the guy who always gives up a bad goal, usually in OT.  And lets not forget the obscene, completely ridiculous contract.  We could have given that money to Kessel and actually won games.

I dont know if Rask is the answer. Too soon to tell.  It is interesting that he's been so successful without having to overreact and come up with 5 highlight-reel saves a game, isnt it? Calm, controlled, PROFESSIONAL.  He's a pleasure to watch, and I wish I could watch him every night instead of the Tazmanian Devil back there.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

No. Always have been nitemare38. I don't believe in hiding under different names.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

In Response to Re: To all you Thomas bashers! : Ward , Luongo , Brodeur are not in the same discussion as Thomas .  That's why I said they are the ELITE and not comparing to Thomas. Miller  I like a lot and if with Bruins team last season and his contract was up , he'de maybe be making 7M. Lundqvist hasn't proven a thing and making that much !!! we'de be having the exact same  discussion today,  trade him, free cap space bla bla bla. Some games looks like a complete lost case.
    Posted by BsLegion

I will put Brodeur there. Marty in my eyes is in a catagory all by himself. Just like Orr was. Ward I like & I put him in there as an elite.  As much as I like Lou,Lou I still can't put him with the elite. Not yet anyway. Maybe if he can get the Nuks to the finals & he plays awesome then I'll change my mind. Miller is very close & I put Thomas in the same Catagory as Miller.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

SoxFanInIL , If you're pink hatted fan remark was intended for me you don't have clue.  You're not reading what I'm saying. 
    Brodeur, Luongo,  Ward are Elites and not putting Thomas in the same category.
    Miller might be a little better (at his cap hit he and Thomas are equal)
    but  Lundquist??? Overrated ! 
    He has done nothing in this league !
    If you're post was not intended then I apologize my wrong.
    For the record I've been watching hockey since 1973-74 and have played on the same ice against Mario Lemieux. Never in the NHL lol.

On another note are you a White or Red Sox fan ?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from VicRattlehead. Show VicRattlehead's posts

Jim Carey won the Vezina too lol.

Vezina = big freaking deal unless you have some playoff success to back it up.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from crono420. Show crono420's posts

soft goal thomas

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from VicRattlehead. Show VicRattlehead's posts

soft goal thomas
    Posted by crono420

Amen. I am a real enough fan to call a spade a spade.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from epavao. Show epavao's posts

In Response to To all you Thomas bashers!:
    Here's how stupid you sound! That's it Rask is a bum. He can't even win 5 in a row! Trade the bum! He $uks.The B's made a mistake of giving him an extension. PC should be fired for being so stupid! Rask... maybe if he wasn't so TECHNICALLY SOUND & had some unorthodox style he would've been able to stop more in the shoot-out! Please PC trade him while he still has some value! If you wait any longer more teams will see he's not really any good & realize he can't beat big teams in big games & you won't get the value for him! Hurry do it now! PC you don't have much time! HURRY!! Trade him the B's just lost... Trade him! With the money you save on him we can get another defenseman, or send Recchi & Wideman with him & we can another player. HURRY do it now!! For you idiots out there.. I'm being sarcastic! That's exactly how you sound. Epavao, Sparky1313, closetightly take the hint!
    Posted by nitemare-38

Any more goals like the sens third goal and TT will have no trade value

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

Does it matter? White or Red. He knows nothing about goaltending! That's for sure!

Sections
Shortcuts