To all you Thomas bashers!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

Re: To all you Thomas bashers!

In Response to Re: To all you Thomas bashers!:
    [QUOTE]Thomas basher here. He had no business winning the Vezina.  Manny Fernandez had the same stats at the All Star break, but got hurt.  Oh, and he didnt play like it was a Chinese fire drill in his end, making every easy simple save look like the hardest thing in the world. If you know so little about goaltending that you think an award makes you elite, you are a fool.  If you are going to put an overrated overpaid mediocre goalie like Thomas who makes a living out of being out of position on every single play in the same category as a Brodeur, a Luongo, a Lundquist, a Miller, a Ward, a Kipprasoff or several other goalies in the NHL today, that makes you a pink hatted fanboy who started watching hockey in 2002. Thomas is a nice story.  He lucked into staying with the B's as a series of goalies who were supposed to be the starter imploded or got injured (Raycroft, Toivonen, Fernandez, etc).  He had a nice season last year behind a defense-first well-coached system with the same stats as the other goalie before his injury, and he lucked into a Vezina because Brodeur was injured, some guys had off years and some silly voting.  However, he will always be the guy who is out of position, making all the uniformed fans think he's great because he makes 5 circus saves a game.  He's also the guy who always gives up a bad goal, usually in OT.  And lets not forget the obscene, completely ridiculous contract.  We could have given that money to Kessel and actually won games. I dont know if Rask is the answer. Too soon to tell.  It is interesting that he's been so successful without having to overreact and come up with 5 highlight-reel saves a game, isnt it? Calm, controlled, PROFESSIONAL.  He's a pleasure to watch, and I wish I could watch him every night instead of the Tazmanian Devil back there.
    Posted by SoxFanInIL[/QUOTE]
    I think you should just stick to baseball. You really are lost when it comes to hockey. You really are!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Every goaltender let's in a softie from time to time... he made the only save that really mattered.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

n Response to Re: To all you Thomas bashers!:
    [QUOTE]soft goal thomas
    Posted by crono420[/QUOTE]

Yea I know he's the only number 1 goalie in the history of the NHL to allow a softy! He definately should be shot! Never mind the 3 chances the B's had with an open net. And OH yea...Did the B's not get the win? Which is the whole reason you play the game? At least that's the way I always taught. I could be wrong though!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkrejci46. Show dkrejci46's posts

cmon man, don't make excuses, that ones on thomas

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from john6345. Show john6345's posts

How many games has Thomas cost this team?I think he's given away at least 4 games all on his own, this team should be at least 4 points up on Ottawa if not for his poor play.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

[QUOTE]How many games has Thomas cost this team?I think he's given away at least 4 games all on his own, this team should be at least 4 points up on Ottawa if not for his poor play.
    Posted by john6345[/QUOTE]

Are you guys really fans of this team? Tim gets flamed when he wins and flamed when he loses. No one denies he gave up a cheap one. It happens. They still got 2 points. If they don't make the playoffs at all and Ottawa does then I will come back and say you were all right and I was wrong (if I remember.) LOOK FORWARD AND NOT BACK, WE WON!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]cmon man, don't make excuses, that ones on thomas
    Posted by dkrejci46[/QUOTE]
    EXCUSE ME!! HELLO KETTLE, Don't tell me about excuses buddy! There's ur fair share of excuses for your boys when they mess up on here! My post is bang on factual! Is Thomas the only #1 goalie to allow a soft goal? Do you not agree that the Thomas bashers are so quick to jump all over him as soon as he makes the slightest mistake & those same morons don't say a word when he saves their bacon! Am I wrong? So my post are to make a point to the all these morons drival! I don't use excuses.. I use facts to back up my arguments & I don't talk outta the wrong side of my body! Am I not agreeing that the goal was soft? You're still in denial about the mistake Rask made in the 4-1 Isles game. So don't YOU talk to me about making excuses!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]How many games has Thomas cost this team?I think he's given away at least 4 games all on his own, this team should be at least 4 points up on Ottawa if not for his poor play.
    Posted by john6345[/QUOTE]
    HOW MANY GAMES HAS THOMAS ALLOWED 1 GOAL & LOST THIS YR! Another moron!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

Here's another thing. Every point the B's got this yr was never because the other goalie gave up a softie? Every team in this league gets breaks people. Some maybe more than others, but nonetheless the B's have gotten their fair share. You gotta be good to be lucky & lucky to be good! The important thing right now is 2pts instead of 0.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkrejci46. Show dkrejci46's posts

I have said time and time again that thomas makes incredible saves and sometimes saves the game, but he gives away games (or points) too frequently. I would prefer to have a consistant goaltender...the good news is, we have one

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from crono420. Show crono420's posts

I still really like Thomas and want him to be the starter of this team (he did go to UVM, just like me). I was impressed how he rebounded in the shootout. After losing the momentum very late in the third he came up with some big saves when it mattered

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Best way to explain the treatment Thomas gets; Damned if you don't and you're damned if you don't.
    Didn't he save our azzes in Ottawa earlier this season ....

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from KesselKrew. Show KesselKrew's posts

[QUOTE]Every goaltender let's in a softie from time to time... he made the only save that really mattered.
    Posted by Bruinfaninnewjersey[/QUOTE]

Really? How'd that goal vs Carolina in Game 7 work out for you?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from KesselKrew. Show KesselKrew's posts

[QUOTE]Best way to explain the treatment Thomas gets; Damned if you don't and you're damned if you don't. Didn't he save our azzes in Ottawa earlier this season ....
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]

No the offense did...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: To all you Thomas bashers! : No the offense did...
    Posted by KesselKrew[/QUOTE]

How quickly you forget how the Bruins got outplayed that game in Ottawa and Thomas bailed them out. If he didn't the Bruins would have been down 3-4 goals and Bruins offense does no bailing out.
    See what I mean ,  the haters just want  him to fail.
    Thank you for proving my point KK.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from notacryingwino. Show notacryingwino's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: To all you Thomas bashers! : No the offense did...
    Posted by KesselKrew[/QUOTE]Sorry but in Ottawa Thomas was named first star of the game not any of the offensive players. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jedi33. Show Jedi33's posts

a win is a win but flopper does have a bad habit of giving up soft goals at the worst possible time maybe it was rust  idk  but  it seems like  its adventure when  he is in the net

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: To all you Thomas bashers! : I think you should just stick to baseball. You really are lost when it comes to hockey. You really are!
    Posted by nitemare-38[/QUOTE]

"Does it matter? White or Red. He knows nothing about goaltending! That's for sure!"

Know nothing about goaltending?  I suppose I could discuss the years I was paid to play goal, but given your posts on this subject, anyone with a brain can tell you are wrong every time.

Again, lost about hockey?  Back to Mom's basement, Pink Hat Fanboy.  By the way, for the record, its Red.

So, Mr Defend Tim Thomas no matter WHAT he does... I'll all ears about tonight.

First goal... first shot... goes right through him.  Second goal... you tell us about the 5 on 3... anyone who knows anything about goaltending will point out he was looking in the WRONG CORNER like a Bantam goalie.  And the third... OMG... Dennis Potvin and the other announcer on NHL on the Fly were laughing about what a joke this guy is.  But Nitegown-38... tell us how Dennis Potvin doesnt know anything about hockey.  We are waiting.

And could he look more like he was more clueless when 2 shots went wide in the SO and he finally got one at the end looking like a flopping goof? And bolts from the net like he's just won the Cup???  

I will take Rask any day, every day.  Thats what a pro looks like.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]Thomas basher here. He had no business winning the Vezina.  Manny Fernandez had the same stats at the All Star break, but got hurt.  Oh, and he didnt play like it was a Chinese fire drill in his end, making every easy simple save look like the hardest thing in the world. If you know so little about goaltending that you think an award makes you elite, you are a fool.  If you are going to put an overrated overpaid mediocre goalie like Thomas who makes a living out of being out of position on every single play in the same category as a Brodeur, a Luongo, a Lundquist, a Miller, a Ward, a Kipprasoff or several other goalies in the NHL today, that makes you a pink hatted fanboy who started watching hockey in 2002. Thomas is a nice story.  He lucked into staying with the B's as a series of goalies who were supposed to be the starter imploded or got injured (Raycroft, Toivonen, Fernandez, etc).  He had a nice season last year behind a defense-first well-coached system with the same stats as the other goalie before his injury, and he lucked into a Vezina because Brodeur was injured, some guys had off years and some silly voting.  However, he will always be the guy who is out of position, making all the uniformed fans think he's great because he makes 5 circus saves a game.  He's also the guy who always gives up a bad goal, usually in OT.  And lets not forget the obscene, completely ridiculous contract.  We could have given that money to Kessel and actually won games. I dont know if Rask is the answer. Too soon to tell.  It is interesting that he's been so successful without having to overreact and come up with 5 highlight-reel saves a game, isnt it? Calm, controlled, PROFESSIONAL.  He's a pleasure to watch, and I wish I could watch him every night instead of the Tazmanian Devil back there.

I went to the rookie training camp that year when Manny was showing the world how hard he could work.  The rookies were beating him like a rented mule.  While technically better than Thomas, his reaction time was bad.

I can see you have some strong goalie opinions, you like the technically sound and athletic guys.  While I agree with you for the most part, recognize that Thomas messes with your mind because he looks so ungainly, doesn't move across the crease smoothly, and I could go on and on.  It is hard to swallow that a guy who does so many things wrong can be as good as he is.

That all said, I think they should move him once they are 100% sure Rask doesn't do the Blaine Lacher, Raycroft or Toivenen thing.  That could be as long as 2 years from now.  Trade TT too soon, Rask does a disappearing act and then you have no goalie or Sabourin which is the same thing.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: To all you Thomas bashers! : "Does it matter? White or Red. He knows nothing about goaltending! That's for sure!" Know nothing about goaltending?  I suppose I could discuss the years I was paid to play goal, but given your posts on this subject, anyone with a brain can tell you are wrong every time. Again, lost about hockey?  Back to Mom's basement, Pink Hat Fanboy.  By the way, for the record, its Red. So, Mr Defend Tim Thomas no matter WHAT he does... I'll all ears about tonight. First goal... first shot... goes right through him.  Second goal... you tell us about the 5 on 3... anyone who knows anything about goaltending will point out he was looking in the WRONG CORNER like a Bantam goalie.  And the third... OMG... Dennis Potvin and the other announcer on NHL on the Fly were laughing about what a joke this guy is.  But Nitegown-38... tell us how Dennis Potvin doesnt know anything about hockey.  We are waiting. And could he look more like he was more clueless when 2 shots went wide in the SO and he finally got one at the end looking like a flopping goof? And bolts from the net like he's just won the Cup???   I will take Rask any day, every day.  Thats what a pro looks like.

Your WERE paid to play goal... Well I still am paid to play & I'm also a correspondent on NHL Home Ice on XM Satelitte MORON! I talk to Dennis Potvin all the time along with Phil Espostio, Dave Reid, Bill Clement & Gary Greene on & off the air. They all know Thomas is one of the best goalie's in the league & where the B'sk in other area's they have the best advantage more than any team in the league with their goalie's. They also agree with me about bringing in Rask slow, but sure! So you can take that to the bank. MORRRON!!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from epavao. Show epavao's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: To all you Thomas bashers! : "Does it matter? White or Red. He knows nothing about goaltending! That's for sure!" Know nothing about goaltending?  I suppose I could discuss the years I was paid to play goal, but given your posts on this subject, anyone with a brain can tell you are wrong every time. Again, lost about hockey?  Back to Mom's basement, Pink Hat Fanboy.  By the way, for the record, its Red. So, Mr Defend Tim Thomas no matter WHAT he does... I'll all ears about tonight. First goal... first shot... goes right through him.  Second goal... you tell us about the 5 on 3... anyone who knows anything about goaltending will point out he was looking in the WRONG CORNER like a Bantam goalie.  And the third... OMG... Dennis Potvin and the other announcer on NHL on the Fly were laughing about what a joke this guy is.  But Nitegown-38... tell us how Dennis Potvin doesnt know anything about hockey.  We are waiting. And could he look more like he was more clueless when 2 shots went wide in the SO and he finally got one at the end looking like a flopping goof? And bolts from the net like he's just won the Cup???   I will take Rask any day, every day.  Thats what a pro looks like.

very well put

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from DonCherry. Show DonCherry's posts

Thomas is terrible, we will continue to underachieve in the playoffs if we don't go with the first great goalie we've had since Brimsek

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

SoxFanInIL  ,  as soon as you start to defend your point with insults you prove one thing, you're a MORON.
    It's okay not to be a Thomas fan but the way you go about trying to prove a point by trying to be a bully behind your keyboard is beyond me.
    Don't worry I won't call you names if you just say you don't like Thomas's style.
    All I'm showing is how many goalies make what Thomas's salary and more.  His salary is within a number 1 goalie's bracket.  Like him or not !
    Then there's the Elite's.
    I do agree also that NHL GM's have overpaid goalies and it's biting ALL of them in azz.  Just too much money being spent.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

BsLegion- this quote "as soon as you start to defend your point with insults you prove one thing, you're a MORON."
    I have to admit I get worked up & call people moron too & I KNOW that I have knowledge of this game & I shouldn't stoop to the hockey's uneducated level to make my point either! I apologize to all the people I have called Moron & Idiot. I can get my point across without the insults! Thanks BsLegion for making realize I was doing this too.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]BsLegion- this quote "as soon as you start to defend your point with insults you prove one thing, you're a MORON." I have to admit I get worked up & call people moron too & I KNOW that I have knowledge of this game & I shouldn't stoop to the hockey's uneducated level to make my point either! I apologize to all the people I have called Moron & Idiot. I can get my point across without the insults! Thanks BsLegion for making realize I was doing this too.
    Posted by nitemare-38[/QUOTE]

In defense it's not the same.