To: Claude Julien...Let your STARS play!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from xenimus. Show xenimus's posts

To: Claude Julien...Let your STARS play!

We're all aware of Julien's system. He loves to spread out the ice-time through the lineup. That's all well and good, but you cannot have your top-3 offensive players in Bergeron, Krejci, and Horton average just 15-17min per game. These guys should be playing 20-22min per night. There's no reason why your 4th line should be out there for 11-13min regardless on how "responsible" they are.

I feel this team has the ability to be an explosive offensive team. The stat that caught my eye lastnight was when they compared the game stats between Seguin and Kessel. Seguin had barely over 11min while Kessel had 23min. Now, obviously Seguin is a pup and learning his way around but he has shown he can eat these NHL defenders and spit them right out, he blows by everyone. I'm no coach but i would just let the kid play, he's going to make mistakes regardless...

Anyways, that's my rant.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mamico3308. Show mamico3308's posts

Re: To: Claude Julien...Let your STARS play!

I'm not that opposed to the 4th line minutes as long as the team is playing well and winning.  It will help in the long run of the season to keep the minutes down, less wear and tear on the body.  What I can't stand is that almost without exception he rolls out the 4th line after a B's goal.  If you have the momentum, stick with the hot hands, get that next one.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

You'll appreciate what Claude is doing now when April & May come along.

It's a long schedule, my friend. The real hockey is played in the spring and there better be some gas in the tank or you're going nowhere - fast.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from nash99. Show nash99's posts

I think you are right but it is October. Julien is a horrible in game coach

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In Response to Re: To: Claude Julien...Let your STARS play!:
    [QUOTE]I think you are right but it is October. Julien is a horrible in game coach
    Posted by nash99[/QUOTE]

Wow!  I'm impressed!  You know its October.  Maybe you've learned to tie your shoes or learned that when the little hand is on the 7 and the big hand is on the 12, it is your bed time.

Seems like you are starting to master the calendar.
    Tighten your thinking cap on real tight because it will be November in just a couple of days, you will probably figure that out on your own by about the 28th of that month, too.

have you learned what comes after November yet?  Or have you gotten that far?

I don't like Julien either, but  I have no idea of what you're talking about by saying he's a "horrible in game coach".  And you don't either because you don't know what you are talking about.

And with that, I'll say good bye to you.  I've decided to give a friendly little good bye message to the trolls and let them know they are ignored.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

BadHab, the trolls are irritating aren't they?? We all know that Claude is defense first; inflexible during the game; Stick with the veterans; Do not take chances; These attributes do not make him a poor coach since he has brought the Bruins back from Lewisville. However, he is not an exciting coach like Torts, and not very innovative with his cast of quality, but, he is winning even without Savard or Sturm, and now Boychuck. Of Course Chiarelli has had a major impact also, but Claude is his choice. Right now Chia has to resolve how to integrate his injured players and their Cap hits, and, as we know, Claude has stated " not my problem".

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigvig. Show bigvig's posts

As long as 90%+ of the team is playing this well, I say keep rolling 4 lines.  It will help players from getting tired and possibly injured.  If all the games were tight and the goaltending was an issue, then you roll your top 2/3 lines, but thats not the case.  B's are scoring for the most part (3 goals a game average isnt great but it isnt terrible) and their d and goaltending has been outstanding.  Keep on rolling 4 lines till you need to make a change.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

In Response to To: Claude Julien...Let your STARS play!:
    [QUOTE]We're all aware of Julien's system. He loves to spread out the ice-time through the lineup. That's all well and good, but you cannot have your top-3 offensive players in Bergeron, Krejci, and Horton average just 15-17min per game. These guys should be playing 20-22min per night. There's no reason why your 4th line should be out there for 11-13min regardless on how "responsible" they are. I feel this team has the ability to be an explosive offensive team. The stat that caught my eye lastnight was when they compared the game stats between Seguin and Kessel. Seguin had barely over 11min while Kessel had 23min. Now, obviously Seguin is a pup and learning his way around but he has shown he can eat these NHL defenders and spit them right out, he blows by everyone. I'm no coach but i would just let the kid play, he's going to make mistakes regardless... Anyways, that's my rant.
    Posted by xenimus[/QUOTE]

Why should the "stars" on the Bruins be getting ridiculously more ice time than the fourth line (which has been playing very well, BTW) when the team is winning? Seems quite an odd thing to complain about.

And as for comparing Seguin's and Kessel's ice times, Seguin is an 18-year-old rookie who's learning how to play in the NHL, while Kessel is a 23-year-old veteran who's the best player on his team, and who had 6:03 in PP time last night. There IS no comparison. 

And as others have pointed out, using all four lines (and the fourth line does NOT get huge amounts of ice time - Marchand and Campbell both play significant roles on the PK, which inflates their numbers) helps keep your players strong and fresh through the incredible slog that is an 82-game season.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Stop this nonsense.  Julien is doing just fine with playing time.

Are you aware that Bergeron and Krejci both play the same position?  To suggest that they should both be getting closer to 22 minutes a game, would leave Seguin and Campbell about 16 minutes to share (minus PK minutes too).  Yet, you go on to say that Seguin should get more minutes too...?

Were you thinking of playing four periods maybe?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from captainbergeron. Show captainbergeron's posts

As long as they have a 2 goal or more lead, role all four lines. I can't stand it when they're down a goal or two and he sends the energy line out for extended periods of time. I understand there purpose to give the others time to rest, but when opening a period, deploying after a goal, or penalty kill is not the time.

I do have to admit that the combination of Thornton, Marchand and Campbell are the best fourth line they've had in years. They're quick, aggressive and they have the potential to score on most shifts.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

You don't over play your top 3 players. That's why there is a 4th line. 4th line can make sure ( hopefully), that the oppostion teams top line dosen't score while your top line is RESTING ! To send out your top 3 players for over 20 mins a game is very, very, very, unwise !.....Go B's Go !!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bluefox70. Show bluefox70's posts

The season is a marathon not a 50 yard race.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from crono420. Show crono420's posts

Good Post

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

"As long as they have a 2 goal or more lead, role all four lines. I can't stand it when they're down a goal or two and he sends the energy line out for extended periods of time. I understand there purpose to give the others time to rest, but when opening a period, deploying after a goal, or penalty kill is not the time"

This has been my problem with Julien and rolling the 4th line over the boards when the Bruins are about to take a draw in the offensive zone. As far as saving the stars for later in the season lets just say IMO the Bruins better have big leads then because I expect to see the Bruins top players to be on the ice when behind and protecting 1 goal leads.

As pointed out on a previous thread by Duinne so far I'm fine with the time(s) that Julien has been alloting. Big reason for the 4th line success Chiarelli switching Begin for Campbell that was a steal for a 3rd rounder.