To many Forwards

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruins7733. Show Bruins7733's posts

To many Forwards

Having Lucic, Recchi, wheeler, ryder, kobasew, sturm, thorton and bitz, plus still waiting on Kessel. Someone has to be traded for a quality defenseman. Let's get Kaberle. I would truly miss Kessel but he only scores goals. Boston is stacked with 20+ goal scorers. You bring on Kessel and kobasew will end up on the fourth line. He is way to talented for that. Between injuries and Bergeron missing a portion of the season Kobasew hasnt been able to flurish. He can definitely drop 25-30 goals. Lets shore up that D and win a cup.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BradyBruin. Show BradyBruin's posts

Re: To many Forwards

I gotta believe with the re-signing of Recchi that Kessel will most likely not be back. Kaberle - or something similar in caliber of D. Who knows what PC has going on behind the doors. You still have talent in Sobotka waiting for his chance to crack the line-up as well.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from GillesGilbert. Show GillesGilbert's posts

The Recchi signing does seem to increase the odds of Kessel being traded for a puck moving d-man. If we get Kaberle then I think we will have to move Aaron Ward in order to be able to sign Hunwick and stay under the cap (someone posted in another thread that we have about 4.9M left and Kaberle makes 4.25). If Kessel stays then Sturm or Kobasew would likely be moved.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from GillesGilbert. Show GillesGilbert's posts

In Response to Re: To many Forwards:
    [QUOTE] You still have talent in Sobotka waiting for his chance to crack the line-up as well.
    Posted by BradyBruin[/QUOTE]

Krejci may not be ready for the start of the season so I imagine Sobotka would initially fill in for him either directly or indirectly. Not sure how Axelsson woulf fit into the equation now.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BradyBruin. Show BradyBruin's posts

Aex I consider (hope) gone. PC kept saying how Begin could be a PK guy, hint that means no Axe.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruins7733. Show Bruins7733's posts

Sobotka did not impress me this year with the club. Hope he improves. Axelsson is done in Boston. Signing Bitz and Begin means the end of his run. This team is so stacked offensively. We need D D D. I think boston has a great defensive core but they are very injury prone. Need to trade for a top defensemen and sign Hunwick. He was really missed on the PP in the playoffs. Have to make sure there is money left over for Lucic next year. Nobody controls the tempo of the game more then him. We he is throwing his body around and skating hard Boston can't be beat.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from lordy4. Show lordy4's posts

Kaberle is too big of a cap hit. Kessel for Kaberle doesn't make sense money-wise. It would need to be a cheaper version. If Kessel is re-signed, Kobasew is a good bet to be moved because he doesn't have a no-trade clause

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmikebruins8. Show mrmikebruins8's posts

sign kessel and get rid of axi and kobasew and his 5 million contract frees up like 6 or 7 million

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruins7733. Show Bruins7733's posts

Who is out there besides Kaberle that is a good puck moving defenseman. Could you imagine having Chara, Wideman, Hunwick and maybe Kaberle rolling out the PK1 and PK2 plus all the fire power they have up front.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dhitch. Show dhitch's posts

Kaberle at 4.25 is NOT too expensive. Probably the most underpaid top notch mobile guy in the game. Its funny that despite his age when he resigns at the end of this contract he will be in for a larger pay day.

Lots of other mobile guys out there bruins7733....and more appealing considering you wouldnt have to deal kessel to your division. Nothing on the FA front though. Ratislav Klesla is a good and somewhat cheap option, Jack Johnson the 3rd overall pick in crosbys draft year is supposedly available in LA with the signing of Scuderi and the HUGE emergence of drew doughty. This would be Bostons best shot as he's got huge potential.

Sections
Shortcuts