to secure a Lottery Pick, Toronto has to lose their last 2.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pbergeron37. Show pbergeron37's posts

Re: to secure a Lottery Pick, Toronto has to lose their last 2.

all non playoff teams are entered into the lottery, also, toronto could win their last 2 games and still be last in the east

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

I look at the TB vs Fla games mush like NYR vs Phil... I just hope they aren't 3 point games!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mutant211. Show Mutant211's posts

No, we WANT the TB vs. Fla games to go to OT. 

I believe that only the teams with the six worst records are entered into the lottery.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from UCONN. Show UCONN's posts

All we need is either 1 win by TB and Fla or 1 Toronto loss and the second draft slot is ours. Either case would only allow Tor to tie and they would have the least amount of wins so they lose the tie breaker.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pbergeron37. Show pbergeron37's posts

all non playoff teams are entered into the lottery, you can move up a maximum of 4 spots and down only one

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from davecarr. Show davecarr's posts

Actually, Toronto only needs to lose 1 more game (or a win by both TB and Florida)

If Toronto loses one more game, the most they can get is 74 points. That is what the Cats and Bolts already have, and they will have less wins, which is the tie-breaker.

So even if Florida or TB sweeps the other and one team winds up losing the rest of their games, with one more TO loss the best they can do is tie in points and lose the tiebreaker, assuring them 2nd-last in the final standings.

In other words, LETS GO RANGERS!! And believe me, after losing tonight, and knowing they face Philly 2x after the Toronto game, they WILL be motivated. After all, if they win their last 3 games (with at least one of the Philly games in regulation) then they guarantee themselves a playoff spot as they will have more points than Philly. (It would just be up to Boston then to get 2 points to stay ahead of Philly and push THEM to 9th place!

Go Rangers!! Toronto loses tomorrow, 2nd place draft pick is ours! (Lottery approving, of course)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from IShawnPI. Show IShawnPI's posts

In Response to Re: to secure a Lottery Pick, Toronto has to lose their last 2.:
    Actually, Toronto only needs to lose 1 more game (or a win by both TB and Florida) If Toronto loses one more game, the most they can get is 74 points. That is what the Cats and Bolts already have, and they will have less wins, which is the tie-breaker. So even if Florida or TB sweeps the other and one team winds up losing the rest of their games, with one more TO loss the best they can do is tie in points and lose the tiebreaker, assuring them 2nd-last in the final standings. In other words, LETS GO RANGERS!! And believe me, after losing tonight, and knowing they face Philly 2x after the Toronto game, they WILL be motivated. After all, if they win their last 3 games (with at least one of the Philly games in regulation) then they guarantee themselves a playoff spot as they will have more points than Philly. (It would just be up to Boston then to get 2 points to stay ahead of Philly and push THEM to 9th place! Go Rangers!! Toronto loses tomorrow, 2nd place draft pick is ours! (Lottery approving, of course)
    Posted by davecarr

I think the Rangers will win this game. If not though, they have to play Montreal. Will be tough for Toronto to win both of them with both teams fighting for a playoff spot and positioning.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BlueChip99. Show BlueChip99's posts

"Actually, Toronto only needs to lose 1 more game (or a win by both TB and Florida)"

It `s true, but more precisely, and a scenario quite possible. A combination of ties by Tor and Flo-TB, can secure one of the top three choices in the final result (lottery included). In other words, the difference is only two points, win, defeat or ties.

In my view, only Hall, Seguin and Fowler are reliable values. After that, there are good prospects, but there are plenty of ???, Sodersberg, Hamill....

And Lars Jonsson, Somebody remembers here Lars Jonsson? Our famous 2000 first rounder, 7th overall.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reilly24. Show Reilly24's posts

We are in the drivers seat now. Toronto is guaranteed to finish no better than 3rd last. The magic number is ONE, not two. We have a good shot at the play-offs and a very good chance to pick no worse than third overall. The darn lottery is the only thing that really has me worried right now. I would be happy with Fowler but I'd love to have Hall or Seguin. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

"Actually, Toronto only needs to lose 1 more game (or a win by both TB and Florida)" It `s true, but more precisely, and a scenario quite possible. A combination of ties by Tor and Flo-TB, can secure one of the top three choices in the final result. In other words, the difference is only two points, win, defeat or ties. In my view, only Hall, Seguin and Fowler are reliable values. After that, there are plenty of ???, Sodersberg, Hamill....
    Posted by BlueChip99

have to disagree with plenty of ??????? . this is a very deep draft . Gormley , Gudbranson, Niederreiter , Burmistrov are all excellent players. And the list doesn't stop there. but agree on the cream of the crop beinghall/seguin/fowler.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from whitbomb. Show whitbomb's posts

Lets go Rangers

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattymcgee55. Show mattymcgee55's posts

When is the lottery? 

Sorry, I'm that lazy this morning. Trying to adjust to life after my bachelor party.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BlueChip99. Show BlueChip99's posts

In Response to Re: to secure a Lottery Pick, Toronto has to lose their last 2. : have to disagree with plenty of ??????? . this is a very deep draft . Gormley , Gudbranson, Niederreiter , Burmistrov are all excellent players. And the list doesn't stop there. but agree on the cream of the crop beinghall/seguin/fowler.
    -

As I have already respond in the post : Tonight I`m a leaf fans Posted by Chowdahkid

Especially when one of the two best prospects in the world said publicly that he would like to play in Boston. You don`t want another Ray Bourque ?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BlueChip99. Show BlueChip99's posts

When is the lottery?  Sorry, I'm that lazy this morning. Trying to adjust to life after my bachelor party.
    Posted by mattymcgee55

Few days after the Stanley Cup final

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reilly24. Show Reilly24's posts

There is a neat new site on this thing called the world wide web. It's called Google and if you go to this site and type in any question you usually get an answer. I know it's difficult for most of you people to grasp so I went and did it myself. The draft lottery is held on Tuesday April 13th at 5pm. It will be aired on TSN. By this time next week we will know what our pick is. Can't wait to find out. Here's a link for you to check out.
    http://www.rawcharge.com/2010/3/24/1385979/a-look-at-the-draft-lottery

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattymcgee55. Show mattymcgee55's posts

There is a neat new site on this thing called the world wide web. It's called Google and if you go to this site and type in any question you usually get an answer. I know it's difficult for most of you people to grasp so I went and did it myself. The draft lottery is held on Tuesday April 13th at 5pm. It will be aired on TSN. By this time next week we will know what our pick is. Can't wait to find out. Here's a link for you to check out. http://www.rawcharge.com/2010/3/24/1385979/a-look-at-the-draft-lottery
    Posted by Reilly24

You ma'am are a godsend.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

In Response to Re: to secure a Lottery Pick, Toronto has to lose their last 2. : I think the Rangers will win this game. If not though, they have to play Montreal. Will be tough for Toronto to win both of them with both teams fighting for a playoff spot and positioning.  
    Posted by IShawnPI

Toronto will probably beat Montreal, or at least take a point. That's usually what happens lately when these two play....they really give the Habs a difficult time.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reilly24. Show Reilly24's posts

Here is some history on previous drafts. I don't like how second last place team has lost their position many times.

"WINNERS" OF THE PREVIOUS DRAFT LOTTERIES
    1995 - Los Angeles (was 7th, moved to 3rd; Ottawa retained 1st overall pick)
    1996 - Ottawa (retained 1st overall pick)
    1997 - Boston (retained 1st overall pick)
    1998 - Tampa Bay (was 3rd, moved to 1st)*
    1999 - Chicago (was 8th, moved to 4th; Tampa Bay retained 1st overall pick)
    2000 - NY Islanders (was 5th, moved to 1st)
    2001 - Atlanta (was 3rd, moved to 1st)
    2002 - Florida (was 3rd, moved to 1st)
    2003 - Florida (was 4th, moved to 1st
    2004 - Washington (was 3rd, moved to 1st)
    2005 - Pittsburgh (all 30 teams had a chance at #1)
    2006 - St. Louis (retained 1st overall pick)
    2007 - Chicago (was 5th, moved to 1st)
    2008 - Tampa Bay (retained 1st overall pick)

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

When is the lottery?  Sorry, I'm that lazy this morning. Trying to adjust to life after my bachelor party.
    Posted by mattymcgee55

The lottery IS NOT after the Stanley Cup final

The lottery is on 4/13/10

NEXT WEEK

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins8. Show bruins8's posts

tor need 1 loss in reg   or 1 win by both tb and fla   tonight go leafs in my opinion nyr lose tonight all but guarentees a playoff spot for bs  tb fal will win 1 more even not tor will lose in mtl sat

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BlueChip99. Show BlueChip99's posts

In Response to Re: to secure a Lottery Pick, Toronto has to lose their last 2. : The lottery IS NOT after the Stanley Cup final The lottery is on 4/13/10 NEXT WEEK
    Posted by BadHabitude

No Bad-Habs,  you`re wrong, this year it`s during the Christmas Holidays :-)

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

tor need 1 loss in reg   or 1 win by both tb and fla   tonight go leafs in my opinion nyr lose tonight all but guarentees a playoff spot for bs  tb fal will win 1 more even not tor will lose in mtl sat
    Posted by bruins8

don't forget
    tb & fla have 3 games left, Toronto has 2.
    tb and fla play each other twice, thus assuring at least a 4 pt split, if not a 6 pt split if both games to OT.
    So Toronto has clinched at least 3rd worst overall and can't do any better.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Notex. Show Notex's posts

I am nervous ! I can't help but think of the last Celtics lottery which we lost pretty bad

I understand the odds are much worse in NBA....Maybe if we lose out on a top 2 pick we can trade our pick and Wideman/Ryder for Ray Allen and Kevin Garnett

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from JezzaNuts. Show JezzaNuts's posts

Here is some history on previous drafts. I don't like how second last place team has lost their position many times. "WINNERS" OF THE PREVIOUS DRAFT LOTTERIES 1995 - Los Angeles (was 7th, moved to 3rd; Ottawa retained 1st overall pick) 1996 - Ottawa (retained 1st overall pick) 1997 - Boston (retained 1st overall pick) 1998 - Tampa Bay (was 3rd, moved to 1st)* 1999 - Chicago (was 8th, moved to 4th; Tampa Bay retained 1st overall pick) 2000 - NY Islanders (was 5th, moved to 1st) 2001 - Atlanta (was 3rd, moved to 1st) 2002 - Florida (was 3rd, moved to 1st) 2003 - Florida (was 4th, moved to 1st 2004 - Washington (was 3rd, moved to 1st) 2005 - Pittsburgh (all 30 teams had a chance at #1) 2006 - St. Louis (retained 1st overall pick) 2007 - Chicago (was 5th, moved to 1st) 2008 - Tampa Bay (retained 1st overall pick)
    Posted by Reilly24

It seems 3rd worst has won the lottery the most after having the worst record, so who know what will happen next week

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Toronto is not going to win without Phil they couldn't do anything last night against Boucher! Now someone expects them to get points against Lundqvist or Price/Halak ?  It is ova as they say put it in the Bank April 13th or 14th will be the only bright spot on this disaster of a season.

Montreal wants that 6th spot and there going get it then beat Buffalo in the first round. Toronto ran around all night, well like the Bruins, trying to score and it was comical keystone cops kinda fun. Tampa looks like there were told to stop playing along with Florida but it is too late.

Thank you Phil for being greedy! (Can't blame him I'da done the same) and PC for taking advantage of a delusional GM!

Sections
Shortcuts