TONIGHT I'M A LEAF FAN

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins8. Show bruins8's posts

Re: TONIGHT I'M A LEAF FAN

flyers will lose to leafs tonight

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from norwoodmustang. Show norwoodmustang's posts

So lets get all excited to get in the playoffs and get knocked out in 5 or 6 games instead of getting a franchise player for the next 10 years...

Some of you are DUMB beyond belief!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

We'll see if they get knocked out of the first round with Rask in the nets!!  BTW we can get the best of both worlds...Bs will make the playoffs and Bs will get a good pick!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Mon  86 Pts    Max 92   @NYI 2night,    @Car Thur,   hm-TO Sat
    Bos   85               91   Hm toBuf-Thur,  hm-Car Sat,  @Was Sun
    Phi    84               90   @TO 2night                               @NYR Fri, Hm-NYR Sun
    NYR   82               90  @Buf 2night,    Hm-TO2morrow,  Hm-Phi,    @ Phi
    For max Points
    Phi & NYR Split 3 pt games and win the rest Phi has 89 & NYR89, our magic guarantee for points to get in the playoffs is90, we need 5 points unless losses or non splits for 7th as a tie will eliminate us because we have less wins.

Best case scenario we run table for 91 points and Mon loses 1, Buf beats NYR and we meet Buf in 1st round, I will take those chances.

Also good TO and Buf win 2night, NYR beats TO and a 2 point split with PHI and we beat Buf on Thurs, we are in and can play relaxed last 2 games and come up with 2 more wins for playoffs against Buf.

As bad as our D has coughed the puck up at times, they find a way to get back in the play or someone else picks up for them. With Seid Stu back and some pucks actually fall our way, we have the nucleus of last year, we just need the roll that never came this year that allowed our confidence to grow. Every time it looked like we were turning the corner another injury or lackluster play burnt us again. Luc and Krej are playing as good as last year, just need everyone else to step up to their play and that of Berg, Rec Sob, Chara, Seid and Rask.

Even If, Ryd(1) Wheel(2) Sturm(0) in last 13 score a goal a game we would have 4-5 points more in last 13 and if they can do it down the gauntlet and in playoffs we stand a better chance of going somewhere with our stingy D and tending.

I want a playoff run like 2 years ago with better results of course, where we finally came alive and it followed into last year. Injuries killed us this year, plus loss of a bonafide scorer, we just need to build momentum, we have the players to compete.

I laugh when I here of a great team for next 12-15 years, how many players have we got from 10 years ago, oh yeah we had Thor & Sams 12 years ago. With the cap and greed players are not staying like they did in the days of Bourque with 1 team. You have a 3-5 year window and not many coaches let alone players stay with 1 team that long.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrVmax. Show MrVmax's posts

What good is our playoff positioning when it is inevitable that the Bruins will make an early exit from the playoffs? This team, when given an opportunity to prove itself has failed time and time again to do so. When push comes to shove they falter and have all season. I'm of the mindset that I'm willing to give up some playoff games this season for the purpose of getting the best pick that we can get in the draft.

This has been by far one of the most frustrating seasons that I can remember in my 40 some odd years as a Bruins fan. At least in the years when they were bad we had an expectation for them to be bad, after last seasons success's I had an expectation that they would be a top tier competitive team and this is just not the case.

I'm rooting for whoever Toronto is playing (as I always do anyway), in hopes of getting a top gun on our squad for next season.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 54BLITZER. Show 54BLITZER's posts

In Response to Re: TONIGHT I'M A LEAF FAN:
    [QUOTE]Flyers win Florida wins Tampa wins That would be ideal because it gaurentees 2nd last for Toronto and then the Rangers beat the Flyers twice, Bruins win two out of the last three. We make the playoffs and sit pretty for the draft. Ask yourself this question... Six months down the road would you rather be talking about how the Bruins missed the playoffs but picked up Hall or Seguin or how we made the playoffs, lost in the first round and picked fourth overall. It's a no brainer here, Hall or Seguin is more important to this organization than making the playoffs is. But it is still possible to have our cake and eat it too.
    Posted by Reilly24[/QUOTE]

i remember not that long ago we were chanting JUMBO JOE THORNTON & SERGEI SAMSONOV.... AND WE ALL KNOW WHAT HAPPENED THERE. JOE STILL CAN'T GET THE NOOSE OFF HIS NECK WHEN EVAH HE PLAYS IN A BIG GAME.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 54BLITZER. Show 54BLITZER's posts

[QUOTE]So lets get all excited to get in the playoffs and get knocked out in 5 or 6 games instead of getting a franchise player for the next 10 years... Some of you are DUMB beyond belief!
    Posted by norwoodmustang[/QUOTE]

CAN U SAY JUMBO JOE THORNTON!!!! DIDN'T WE HEAR THIS TOP NOTCH 1ST ROUND PICK THING BEFORE!!!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 54BLITZER. Show 54BLITZER's posts

[QUOTE]Mon  86 Pts    Max 92   @NYI 2night,    @Car Thur,   hm-TO Sat Bos   85               91   Hm toBuf-Thur,  hm-Car Sat,  @Was Sun Phi    84               90   @TO 2night                               @NYR Fri, Hm-NYR Sun NYR   82               90  @Buf 2night,    Hm-TO2morrow,  Hm-Phi,    @ Phi For max Points Phi & NYR Split 3 pt games and win the rest Phi has 89 & NYR89, our magic guarantee for points to get in the playoffs is90, we need 5 points unless losses or non splits for 7th as a tie will eliminate us because we have less wins. Best case scenario we run table for 91 points and Mon loses 1, Buf beats NYR and we meet Buf in 1st round, I will take those chances. Also good TO and Buf win 2night, NYR beats TO and a 2 point split with PHI and we beat Buf on Thurs, we are in and can play relaxed last 2 games and come up with 2 more wins for playoffs against Buf. As bad as our D has coughed the puck up at times, they find a way to get back in the play or someone else picks up for them. With Seid Stu back and some pucks actually fall our way, we have the nucleus of last year, we just need the roll that never came this year that allowed our confidence to grow. Every time it looked like we were turning the corner another injury or lackluster play burnt us again. Luc and Krej are playing as good as last year, just need everyone else to step up to their play and that of Berg, Rec Sob, Chara, Seid and Rask. Even If, Ryd(1) Wheel(2) Sturm(0) in last 13 score a goal a game we would have 4-5 points more in last 13 and if they can do it down the gauntlet and in playoffs we stand a better chance of going somewhere with our stingy D and tending. I want a playoff run like 2 years ago with better results of course, where we finally came alive and it followed into last year. Injuries killed us this year, plus loss of a bonafide scorer, we just need to build momentum, we have the players to compete. I laugh when I here of a great team for next 12-15 years, how many players have we got from 10 years ago, oh yeah we had Thor & Sams 12 years ago. With the cap and greed players are not staying like they did in the days of Bourque with 1 team. You have a 3-5 year window and not many coaches let alone players stay with 1 team that long.
    Posted by No4BobbyOrr-GOAT[/QUOTE]

I LIKE YOUR THINKING ALL THE WAY!!! ESPECIALLY IN A SALARY CAP LEAGUE, YOU PLAY FOR TODAY. TOMORROW MAY NEVER COME!!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 54BLITZER. Show 54BLITZER's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: TONIGHT I'M A LEAF FAN : I LIKE YOUR THINKING ALL THE WAY!!! ESPECIALLY IN A SALARY CAP LEAGUE, YOU PLAY FOR TODAY. TOMORROW MAY NEVER COME!!!
    Posted by 54BLITZER[/QUOTE]

IN ADDITION, JUST REMEMBER THIS.  LET'S SAY THE BEST CASE EVAH TAKES PLACES, AND THE LEAFS FINISH DEAD LAST.  THEY COULD STILL LOSE LIKE MORONS IN THE LOTTERY DROP TO THIRD, AND W/THE LUCK THE BRUINS HAVE HAD THIS YEAR IT COULD HAPPEN.  THEN WHAT?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

There hasn't been a 2nd to 1st yet..

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from davecarr. Show davecarr's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: TONIGHT I'M A LEAF FAN : IN ADDITION, JUST REMEMBER THIS.  LET'S SAY THE BEST CASE EVAH TAKES PLACES, AND THE LEAFS FINISH DEAD LAST.  THEY COULD STILL LOSE LIKE MORONS IN THE LOTTERY DROP TO THIRD, AND W/THE LUCK THE BRUINS HAVE HAD THIS YEAR IT COULD HAPPEN.  THEN WHAT?

Explain how Toronto could go from dead last to 3rd via a lottery loss?

Atlanta, Rangers, and Toronto all lost :)

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 54BLITZER. Show 54BLITZER's posts

In Response to TONIGHT I'M A LEAF FAN:
    [QUOTE]SORRY FOLKS BUT MAKING THE PLAYOFFS AS HIGH AS POSSIBLE IS ALL THAT MATTERS TO ME. SO TONIGHT I CHEER FOR THE LEAFS TO BEAT THE FLYERS!!!  WHAT A GREAT NIGHT OF PLAYOFF LIKE HOCKEY!!! GO ILS!!! GO DEVILS!!! GO BUFFALO!!! GO ANYBODY TO HELP THE BRUINS!!!! New Jersey at Atlanta 7:00 PM | Gameday | Tickets NY Rangers at Buffalo 7:00 PM | Gameday | Tickets Philadelphia at Toronto 7:00 PM | Gameday | Tickets Montreal at NY Islanders 7:00 PM | Gameday | Tickets Ottawa at Florida 7:00 PM | Gameday | Tickets Carolina at Tampa Bay 7:30 PM | Gameday | Tickets Washington at Pittsburgh 7:30 PM | Gameday | Tickets Chicago at Dallas 8:30 PM | Gameday | Tickets San Jose at Calgary 9:30 PM | Gameday | Tickets Colorado at Vancouver 10:00 PM | Gameday | Tickets Los Angeles at Anaheim 10:00 PM | Gameday | Tickets  

EVERYBODY CAN BE HAPPY!!! FLYERS WIN HELPS BRUINS DRAFT.... ILS BEAT HABS KCUS!!! NOW THE BRUINS CAN FINISH 6TH BY WINNING ALL 3 GAMES LEFT THIS SEASON!!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 54BLITZER. Show 54BLITZER's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: TONIGHT I'M A LEAF FAN : Explain how Toronto could go from dead last to 3rd via a lottery loss? Atlanta, Rangers, and Toronto all lost :)
    Posted by davecarr[/QUOTE]

THE NHL USES A NBA STYLE LOTTERY. THE WORST TEAM GETS THE MOST CHIPS IN THE BUCKET, AND THEY DECREASE THE CHIPS FOR THE 2ND WORST, AND SO ON. THEN THEY PICK CHIPS FOR THE OFFICIAL ORDER OF THE DRAFT.  USUALLY IT WORKS OUT AS THE TEAMS FINISH, BUT NOT ALWAYS 3 YEARS AGO THE CELTS GOT SCREWED THE YEAR THEY WERE REAL BAD. THIS PREVENTS TEAMS FROM TANKING GAMES.  OTTAWA SENS GOT ACUSED IN 1992 FOR TANK'N GAMES FOR THE FIRST PICK. THEN BETTMAN BROUGHT THE NBA SYSTEM TO THE NHL.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stanleycomehome. Show Stanleycomehome's posts

They can't finish dead last,edm has that locked up. In the nhl lottery a team can only lose 1 spot or move up 4 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]flyers will lose to leafs tonight
    Posted by bruins8[/QUOTE]

don't predict any bruins wins. you'll jinx them.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from DanteFratto. Show DanteFratto's posts

Bruins8 is a clown

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsFanSince80. Show BruinsFanSince80's posts

Long story short

Magic number for the B's is 3 points. If they take care of their own business, it won't matter what other teams do. My personal opinion is the B's beat a Buffalo team with nothing to play for then beat Carolina. Then I become a Ranger fan as if they can sweep Philly, we'd get the #7 seed, instead of the 8. I'd rather play Buffalo, NJ or Pittsburgh in the first round instead of Washington.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins8. Show bruins8's posts

dante u got issues man.......

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 54BLITZER. Show 54BLITZER's posts

[QUOTE] They can't finish dead last,edm has that locked up. In the nhl lottery a team can only lose 1 spot or move up 4 
    Posted by Stanleycomehome[/QUOTE]

I KNOW THEY CAN'T FINISH DEAD LAST. I WAS JUST SAYING AS AN EXAMPLE. THEY COULD DROP TO 3RD.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from abra-cadaver. Show abra-cadaver's posts

Pretty good night.  If Toronto lose either of their last two games in regulation, 2nd to last place is clinched.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Mon  87 Pts    Max 91  @NYI 2night,    @Car Thur,   hm-TO Sat
    Bos   85               91   Hm toBuf-Thur,  hm-Car Sat,  @Was Sun
    Phi    86               90   @TO 2night       @NYR Fri, Hm-NYR Sun NYR   82               88  @Buf 2night,    Hm-TO2morrow,  Hm-Phi,    @ Phi

For max Points Phi & NYR Split 3 pt games and win the rest Phi has 89 & NYR87
    The Buf game is very important, Carolina has been very hot, hopefully another win in Mon and then a loss to us.

Still need 3 wins and a Mon OT loss to TO would even be fine for 6th and Buf/NJ for playoffs.

Flo   74Pts     Max 80     hm-NJ      @TB      Hm-TB
    TB    74                80    hm-Ott      Hm-Flo   @ Flo
    TO    72                76    NYR           Mon

A TB Flo split guarantees Boston at least 3rd pick if TO loses lottery and TO can beat both the NYR and Habs. NJ with back to back shutouts is due for a loss and TB beats Ott.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BlueChip99. Show BlueChip99's posts

""SORRY FOLKS BUT MAKING THE PLAYOFFS AS HIGH AS POSSIBLE IS ALL THAT MATTERS TO ME. SO TONIGHT I CHEER FOR THE LEAFS TO BEAT THE FLYERS!!!  WHAT A GREAT NIGHT OF PLAYOFF LIKE HOCKEY!!! GO ILS!!! GO DEVILS!!! GO BUFFALO!!! GO ANYBODY TO HELP THE BRUINS!!!!""

Another great post by another great fan who don `t understand anything about hockey. Is it so difficult to understand that tonight, the game Phi-Tor  could have implications on the next ten seasons for the Bruins?

Especially when one of the two best prospects in the world said publicly that he `would like to play to Boston. You don`t want another Ray Bourque ?

With guys like you, Jacobs can sleep quiet

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from 54BLITZER. Show 54BLITZER's posts

""SORRY FOLKS BUT MAKING THE PLAYOFFS AS HIGH AS POSSIBLE IS ALL THAT MATTERS TO ME. SO TONIGHT I CHEER FOR THE LEAFS TO BEAT THE FLYERS!!!  WHAT A GREAT NIGHT OF PLAYOFF LIKE HOCKEY!!! GO ILS!!! GO DEVILS!!! GO BUFFALO!!! GO ANYBODY TO HELP THE BRUINS!!!!"" Another great post by another great fan who don `t understand anything about hockey. Is it so difficult to understand that tonight, the game Phi-Tor  could have implications on the next ten seasons for the Bruins? With guys like that Jacobs can sleep quiet
    Posted by BlueChip99

YA, I KNOW NOTHING ABOUT HOCKEY!!!! HA!!!HA!!! IF ANYBODY WHO KNOWS ME EVAH HEARD YOU SAY THAT THEY DIE LAUGHING IN YOUR FACE. TELL ME SOMETHING EVAH HEAR OF JUMBO JOE THORNTON & SERGEI SAMSONOV??? SO MUCH FOR THAT FIRST PICK... YOU PLAY FOR TODAY BECAUSE TOMORROW MAY NEVAH HAPPEN...........

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In Response to Re: TONIGHT I'M A LEAF FAN : YA, I KNOW NOTHING ABOUT HOCKEY!!!! HA!!!HA!!! IF ANYBODY WHO KNOWS ME EVAH HEARD YOU SAY THAT THEY DIE LAUGHING IN YOUR FACE. TELL ME SOMETHING EVAH HEAR OF JUMBO JOE THORNTON & SERGEI SAMSONOV??? SO MUCH FOR THAT FIRST PICK... YOU PLAY FOR TODAY BECAUSE TOMORROW MAY NEVAH HAPPEN...........
    Posted by 54BLITZER

neither will the cup with that type of thinking . play for today.....tomorrow may never come...... BUT THEN YOU TALK ABOUT THE PAST (THORNTON AND SAMSONOV) IN WHAT THE FUTURE PICK COULD HOLD FOR THE BRUINS. Your life philosophy is a little confusing.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BlueChip99. Show BlueChip99's posts

" YA, I KNOW NOTHING ABOUT HOCKEY!!!! HA!!!HA!!! IF ANYBODY WHO KNOWS ME EVAH HEARD YOU SAY THAT THEY DIE LAUGHING IN YOUR FACE."

Yea! Great vision! 2010 Stanley Cup to the Bruins! :-)

Sections
Shortcuts