Tonite will Define this Season

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbg1. Show dbg1's posts

Tonite will Define this Season

Tonight's game will probably define the whole season.  I don't think there is a single fan who would mind seeing 3-4 Bruins suspended for a few games and miss a playoff if a couple of Pens were carried off the ice.  Whereas, if the Bs do nothing, and make the playoffs (and fail in the first round like everyone knows they will do), then everyone will see this team as a complete failure.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BergysStache. Show BergysStache's posts

Re: Tonite will Define this Season

I always said last year's defining game was at home against the Stars and how the team rallied around each other against Avery and Ott. After that they went on a tear for over 2 months...

This COULD be this years equivalent which might help propel them into the playoffs with some momentum. Unfortunatley, it could also define this team as a bunch of soft players who have given up on this season and have lost the will to fight.

Either way, tomorrow morning I think we'll all know how we're going to remember this 09-10 bunch of Bruins for years to come, and I do not want to be dissapointed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins8. Show bruins8's posts

last yr dallas game was in oct....we are now in final 13 games of season and have a 3pt lead for final playoff spot...taking a 5 min major would be a real bad idea vs pens pp...............win the game

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

In Response to Tonite will Define this Season:
    Tonight's game will probably define the whole season.  I don't think there is a single fan who would mind seeing 3-4 Bruins suspended for a few games and miss a playoff if a couple of Pens were carried off the ice.  Whereas, if the Bs do nothing, and make the playoffs (and fail in the first round like everyone knows they will do), then everyone will see this team as a complete failure.
    Posted by dbg1

I cant agree simply because this team is not a goon team, will not lower themselves to matt cookes level, but i strongly belive they will come out hitting hard and challenge a couple of fights with cooke.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RLSJR65. Show RLSJR65's posts

I have until the 22nd to decide whether to renew my season tickets for next year but for some reason my account rep has been calling me twice a day for a week asking me to renew.   I think I'll wait to see how things go tonight before I do anything.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

I agree Wally it is not a goon team, but it better come out with an aggressive, taciturn style with Truculence.

As to last years defining game, it actually came from the previous year when they took the habs to 7 games when they were not even expected to make the playoffs, they had battled against all odds to get there and had a huge push as they were smoked by the habs that year every time, but they beat them 3 times in playoffs.

This years defining game 7-2 trouncing of Car in 2nd game, undefining 5-1 loss to Car, so hopefully the 5-2 win against Car and 5-1 win over Phil redefine us for this Pit game and the rest of the season and playoffs.

We have had no team play of last year, nothing to do with Ward pj axe etc, it has to do with Sav Luc injuries and lineup changes.  This team has not been a team because only 1 line has been available to be together the whole year and that is the Krej line and they have been split up most of the time. I realize we needed scoring and tried to add Satan to the mix, but he cost nothing so when he didn't work he should have been let go. He has never been the team player or sparkplug, if he doesn't score he usually has done nothing in his career. For a better unity we would have been better off on setting lines and sticking with them and using the players who could, play more instead of rolling 4 lines of mix mash.

It is not just the physical play that has suffered this year, mental breakdowns have been all over. Players are trying to make plays that they have not got a chance. Injuries, trades, trade rumours and Ryders brother who was supposed to become an NHL star ends up in psyche ward are all contributors to a very weak psychy that also stems to a cj led team that is not allowed to push back because we have to worry about the 2 points.

I say play your game, be physical, shoot with both barrels blazing and the 2 points will take care of themselves. We have a 3 point lead and if this is a loss to Pit, it will not decide our playoffs, as we have to be winning to move forward. Play to win but win like we did in Phi and all will come away happy, even a loss as long as we let them know it was a game.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from tommy3123. Show tommy3123's posts

This is more than two points and the playoffs. Its about being a Bruin and sticking up for your teamate. The fans want retribution, and if they dont get it all i know is there is going to be alot of dissapointment in the eyes of the fans towards this team.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r. Show Hammah29r's posts

long time bruins fan here. heard on WEEI that quite a few of the 70's team will be in attendance for tonights festivities. D & C asked the question this morning is it more important for the bruins to make a point or score a point. to me this is a no brainer guys. soon as the puck is dropped slam cooke on his backside and have at it. we as fans only know what went on outside of their locker room. we also know that claude really kept his emotions in check at the podium. you all can bet your life that he said what he had to say and our boys are going out tonight and pittsburg knows it's in for a long night. I hope we give them a game that they will not forget for a helluva long time. I also think that tonight is gonna be probably the most watched bruins/penguins game in the last 20 years.

I think that were winning 5-2 and the rest of the league will know that the Boston Bruins are not to be taken lightly period.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 123meg. Show 123meg's posts

Be prepared for a let down.  No one will lay a finger on Cooke.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

In Response to
    We have had no team play of last year, nothing to do with Ward pj axe etc, it has to do with Sav Luc injuries and lineup changes.
    Posted by No4BobbyOrr-GOAT

Wow..  I'm actually stunned anyone would have that kind of a view.  Those guys were the soul of this team.

And I remember when Savard was feeding Bitzy bullet passes for lay-ups that he couldn't finish.  That's not injury related.

No soul and no top line.  Those are your issues.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Bitzy or pj no difference in not finishing but Bitzy could play physical.

No replacement for Kess is the real issue, would have allowed rest of team to play as they were last year with upgrades at some points. Injuries are the rest of the issue as some players are playing all season with nagging injuries that nillifies effective compete levels.

Where we should be

Luc    Sav     Replacement
    Sturm Berg    Recch
    Wheel Krej    Ryder
    Pail     Sob    March
    This would have given us3 good lines and a 4th compete line with Sturm back and a new 4th line better talent than last years lineup.

Instead with injuries we never had a 1st line, our 2nd line has been our 1st line most often and when not the 3rd line was broken up to make just 2 lines and the 4th line became our 3rd line with Thorn and Beg making up the 4th. We have had a few others in the lineup such as Kob and Bitz and some other AHLers. We picked up a try in Sat that has failed as replacement for Kess. Pail has been the best pickup as our PK can attest to but the PP and first line is what has killed us because they don't exist ...

DUE TO INJURY AND NO REPLACEMENT FOR KESSEL!

Even a 25 goal scorer would have helped.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbg1. Show dbg1's posts

In Response to Tonite will Define this Season:
    Posted by dbg1

There you have it folks; you only had to see the Cook interview after the game to know that he and the Pens are laughing at the "big bad" Bruins. 

This one game pretty much summed up the entire season.  One player on the ice showing some heart (Thornton); no scoring, lax D, and total lack of effort.