TOO MANY GRINDERS AND NO SCOERING

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from woodtick7. Show woodtick7's posts

Re: TOO MANY GRINDERS AND NO SCOERING

Yeah Bergy plays his heart out every night and is one of the few Bruins who seem to care.  Obviously Sturm and Recchi don't care other wise they would ask to sit in the press box where they belong.

Hey pinhead maybe they should trade Bergeron and recieve Bill Guerin and some other washed up fossil like Sturm and Recchi its the Boston way bring in garbage and trade away good young talent.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

In Response to Re: TOO MANY GRINDERS AND NO SCOERING:
    [QUOTE]"I'd jump at the chance to trade Ryder,Wheeler or Bergeron for Staal" Then you're a fool.  Ryder is one thing: I'd make that trade in a cocaine heartbeat.  Wheeler is a sophmore and is getting used to the extra 15lbs. of muscle that he added in the offseason.  That's nowhere as easy as you might think.  With a little more seasoning (and hopefully a little more willingness to bump in the corners and in front of the net rather than use his frame like a poor man's Joe Thornton) he has the potential to be better than Jordan Staal will, though Staal is a couple of years younger.  The part that really grinds my gears is that you would even consider Bergeron, never mind say it.  A quick reminder, since he's been here for the last 6-7 seasons: Bergeron is only 24; he has that much experience in the pros; he has shown the ability to score, lead, and play at both ends of the ice;  He has shown tenacity, mental fortitude and work ethic - especially in returning from that injury - that all other players should be judged by.  He is easily the most well-rounded player that the Bruins have, top to bottom... and did I mention that he's only 24? "Orr was NEVER traded, his agent lied to him about the deal Boston had offered him. Orr was offered part ownership of the organization by the B's and his agent told him Chicago had a better offer which was entirely untrue. I'm pretty sure his agent even received jail time." Fact.  His agent (Alan Eagleston) actually went to jail for defrauding the player's pension fund, if memory serves, as he was in charge of it during the same time period.  He did lie to Orr about the contract offer during those negotiations (though I forget what exactly was in it for him) and that lead to him signing with Chicago.  The Bruins wanted Bobby to stay till he was done playing and Orr never wanted to leave.  Eagleston was an piece of sh!t and will burn in Hell.  I'd prefer that Hell was a dumpster in the middle of Causeway St. during a Cup celebration, but that's just my personal preference.
    Posted by bouncer617[/QUOTE]

Jordan Staal is 21 yrs old - 6' 4" - 220 lbs.

You think the Pens would give him up for Bergeron? You know the guy that is making 5 million a year, the one who tallied 8 goals last year, the one who is just one more hit from hanging them up.

last year Staal had 156 hits-which was 6th in the NHL for centers
    Bergeron had 58
    Wheeler had 49

WAKE THE F^%* UP

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from woodtick7. Show woodtick7's posts

You wake up. Staal will never have a 70 point NHL season something Bergy has accomplished  twice in his career. The baloney about he is 1 hit away so is every player playing the game they all can get concussed. Sounds to me like you want that to happen to Bergeron.

As for the 8 goal season he only played 39 games last year has he missed any this year. Whose to say whether he or anyone else gets hurt it could easily happen to Staal. Impressive that he had 156 hits but how many points or goals did he have last year. Funny how you forget to metion that.

The Bruins have enough people to play physical its the offensive side we need to improve on and i just don't see where Staal would help there as he has never produced offensivelt at any level of his career.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from marco100. Show marco100's posts

we need kess, let's stop beating around the bush
    here is the new motto
    we had it and we lost it
    this team is a joke.
    i look at pc and cj and i cannot help but laugh , that these 2 genuine idiots are running the show. heck, kess might still be here if lewis was still coach, tha's how much i detest cj- big dumbo

ONLY IN BOSTON

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

[QUOTE]You wake up. Staal will never have a 70 point NHL season something Bergy has accomplished  twice in his career. The baloney about he is 1 hit away so is every player playing the game they all can get concussed. Sounds to me like you want that to happen to Bergeron. As for the 8 goal season he only played 39 games last year has he missed any this year. Whose to say whether he or anyone else gets hurt it could easily happen to Staal. Impressive that he had 156 hits but how many points or goals did he have last year. Funny how you forget to metion that. The Bruins have enough people to play physical its the offensive side we need to improve on and i just don't see where Staal would help there as he has never produced offensivelt at any level of his career.
    Posted by woodtick7[/QUOTE]

Wow - wrong again

Staal had 22 goals last year
    Bergeron played in 64 games -not 39
    The Bruins have one player this year in the top 50 in hits-Sobotka#49
    yeh,anybody could get concussed - who's more likely?
    Bergeron salary next year -5.75 million
    Staal salary next year -3.5 million

And suggesting that I am hoping that Bergeron suffers a head injury?
    That's the worst comment I've ever read on this board.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from woodtick7. Show woodtick7's posts

Sorry my stats were wrong Bergeron had 39 pts in 64 games, Staal had 49 pts in 82 games. I'm not a math expert but i think if you prorate games played Bergeron come ahead or its very close.

I also think you have to consider Staals point total are inflated because of the fact he plays with 2 of the Best players in the world Malkin and Crosby.
     Plus it doesn't hurt that he has one of the best pp defensemen in the world in Gonchar.

I do apologize for the comment regarding that you might actually hope Bergy gets concussed. The comment was off color and i truly do believe that you would'nt  wish that on anyone. I sincerly apologize Wensink.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

[QUOTE]Sorry my stats were wrong Bergeron had 39 pts in 64 games, Staal had 49 pts in 82 games. I'm not a math expert but i think if you prorate games played Bergeron come ahead or its very close. I also think you have to consider Staals point total are inflated because of the fact he plays with 2 of the Best players in the world Malkin and Crosby.  Plus it doesn't hurt that he has one of the best pp defensemen in the world in Gonchar. I do apologize for the comment regarding that you might actually hope Bergy gets concussed. The comment was off color and i truly do believe that you would'nt  wish that on anyone. I sincerly apologize Wensink.
    Posted by woodtick7[/QUOTE]

Thanks woody, I know we both want the Bruins to do well-

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from woodtick7. Show woodtick7's posts

You got that right. I hope Lucic lays a pounding on someone tonight if he plays. Any idea if he and Savard are playing today.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from slicksteve38. Show slicksteve38's posts

LOL Grinders:
    Grinders would imply they work hard.  This team doesnt crash the boards....where are all the hard checks?  Why aren't they dropping hits?  Why arent the gloves dropping? THAT is what grinders do. 
    Lets face facts, the predictions about last years team are commng true this year.  Last years team played well over their heads.....they caught the league by surprise until the second round of the playoffs when someone suddenly realized that this team cannot skate.  I said it last year in the playoffs, and I will say it again now...what happened to the physical Bruins play of the regular season last year?  They punished other teams with hard checks..and they finsished those checks.  same thing this year...i dont think I have seen one check by a B's player that made the crowd gasp.
    The bottom line is, this team is the same as last year, minus their best goal scorer.  Only problem is, the rest of the league got better, AND figured out how to beat this team....with speed and quick puck advancement.  This team will squeek into the 8th spot and get beat in 5 games first round.
    Now if only they could get a goal scorer like Kessel.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from michwolverine. Show michwolverine's posts

[QUOTE]Move on, oh yes,,once the Bs get a bonified goal scorer
    Posted by wallydouglas[/QUOTE]

THEY WILL TRADE HIM!

Sections
Shortcuts