Top 10 Goalies

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Raskman. Show Raskman's posts

Top 10 Goalies

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puck_daddy/post/Who-are-the-top-10-goalies-in-NHL-and-is-Bryzga;_ylt=AqNn7EblRovnxk4.qj26Bnh7vLYF?urn=nhl,256193

Two different list and both of our guys are snubbed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

Re: Top 10 Goalies

Yeah pretty bad when you see some of the names on there.. I would say I agree with the vokoun remarks.. His careers numbers are better then most goalies and he gets little press having constantly played for lousy teams..

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

I saw those lists, both guys are right on Miller, good for the props for Vokoun, and then there's some rather dubious choices.

In Response to Top 10 Goalies:

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reilly24. Show Reilly24's posts

Our boy rask has a chance this year to get near the top of that list. I wouldn't worry about top ten lists though. A full season as our #1 goalie and we will know if we have a flash in the pan or a legitimate #1. I say the later.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from screw-cindy-and-ovie. Show screw-cindy-and-ovie's posts

1. Brodeur
    2. Miller
    3. Bryzgalov
    4. Lundqvist
    5. Vokoun
    6. Backstrom
    7. Kiprusoff
    8. Ward
    9. Anderson
    10. Rask

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

714.  Andrew Raycroft

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from lordy4. Show lordy4's posts

Rask is not a top 10 goalie in the league yet. He has to do it again. One year doesn't make him top 10. If he has another excellent season this year (hopefully he will), then put him on. There have been a lot of goalies who have had one great season and then fell off. I'm not saying that will happen with Rask because I don't think it will. Still, he has to prove he isn't a one year wonder.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

In Response to Re: Top 10 Goalies:
    Rask is not a top 10 goalie in the league yet. He has to do it again. One year doesn't make him top 10. If he has another excellent season this year (hopefully he will), then put him on. There have been a lot of goalies who have had one great season and then fell off. I'm not saying that will happen with Rask because I don't think it will. Still, he has to prove he isn't a one year wonder.
    Posted by lordy4

But Jimmy Howard is?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

See these are idiotic, agenda-driven hacks.  The lists look like the names were picked out of a hat.  Are they based on this year or career?  Because, frankly, Brodeur looks like he's lost a step - a big step.  Luongo looks like he's doing that big goalie flounder that gets so many big goalies - no top 4 or 5 goalie should have as many games where he gives up 3, 4, 5, 6 goals in a very short time.  Craig Anderson?  What is this, the Matrix?  "The thing is...Mr. Anderson...you're career back-up who, like a rookie, needs to prove he can do it more than once."  Pekka Rinne?!?!  A little penicillin will clear that right up.

The agenda here is simply "get hits".  People love lists.  Put up a list, get hits.  Step one, get underpants. Step two...uhhuhhhn.... Step three, make profit!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from lordy4. Show lordy4's posts

I never said Jimmy Howard is a Top 10 goalie. He's not a top 10 goalie either

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

In Response to Re: Top 10 Goalies:
    I never said Jimmy Howard is a Top 10 goalie. He's not a top 10 goalie either
    Posted by lordy4

I know you didn't. He was on the list. He should be judged on the same criteria as Rask; he needs more time. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

Original list:

Ryan Miller(notes), Buffalo Sabres
    2. Ilya Bryzgalov(notes), Phoenix Coyotes
    3. Martin Brodeur(notes), New Jersey Devils
    4. Craig Anderson(notes), Colorado Avalanche
    5. Roberto Luongo(notes), Vancouver Canucks
    6. Niklas Backstrom(notes), Minnesota Wild
    7. Tomas Vokoun(notes), Florida Panthers
    8. Henrik Lundqvist(notes), New York Rangers
    9. Miikka Kiprusoff(notes), Calgary Flames
    10. Jimmy Howard(notes), Detroit Red Wings

Anderson's inclusion is ridiculous.  He was great last year, but he's still a career Michael Leighton until he proves it longer.  The writer was a Colorado guy... shocker.

Bryzgalov is very good in my opinion, but again, he benefitted greatly by the team change.  Probably belongs on the list, but not #2.

Howard is of course ridiculous after one season.  The writer just watches West games, perhaps?

The second list:

1. Miller
    2. Brodeur
    3. Vokoun
    4. Luongo
    5. Bryzgalov
    6. Lundqvist
    7. Backstrom
    8. Rinne
    9. Ward
    10. Kiprusoff

I think this list is a lot closer to correct, personally.  Fleury could be close.  Rask has a chance down the road, but it's much too soon for him. Howard, too.  Mason needs to bounce back.  No other real candidates.

Sections
Shortcuts