Top 3 Bruins fights of all time

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Neelybestallaround. Show Neelybestallaround's posts

Top 3 Bruins fights of all time

Something a little different.
    what are the top 3 Bruins fights you ever saw & if possible post a link so we can all judge & maybe change our votes. 2 of the 3 of mine are because the Bruin player was supposed to get destroyed! The 3rd is because it's 2 total warriors going at it who played the game the same way & had a lot a simularities to them.

3) Cam Neely vs Rick Tocchet http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kiid5V7XnZM

2) PJ Stock vs Stephen Peat http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJJPivHWy2k
     I could put this at number 1. It is as Joe says "1 of the best fights we've seen in a long time!" & this was 8 yrs ago!

1) Jonathan vs Bouchard. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WgPfQ-wfWWA&feature=related
    I remember seeing this live & as so many times in his career I got apprehensive about Stanley taking on the heavy weights all the time. As always the "BULLDOG!" never went quietly!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bhanlon156. Show bhanlon156's posts

Re: Top 3 Bruins fights of all time

How about Wensink challenging the North Stars Bench, Milbury beating a Ranger fan with the fan's own shoe and Neely's "Gutless <Vomit>" fight?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Knew a guy who fought Tocchet when they played in the OHL. He said Tocchet was nuts. The guys hemet fell off ,Tocchet took his head and started banging it off the glass until the linesmen finally broke it up. Tough as nails with an edge.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Neelybestallaround. Show Neelybestallaround's posts

In Response to Re: Top 3 Bruins fights of all time:
    How about Wensink challenging the North Stars Bench, Milbury beating a Ranger fan with the fan's own shoe and Neely's "Gutless <Vomit />" fight?
    Posted by bhanlon156

Well these weren't really fights. They're awesome to see, don't get me wrong, but the thread is about Bruins fights.
    BTW- what are you talking about Neely's gutless vomit fight? Are you talking about the Lemieux fight, where the turtle turtles? And Neely gets ejected for exposing the coward Lemieux was!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Neelybestallaround. Show Neelybestallaround's posts

Knew a guy who fought Tocchet when they played in the OHL. He said Tocchet was nuts. The guys hemet fell off ,Tocchet took his head and started banging it off the glass until the linesmen finally broke it up. Tough as nails with an edge.
    Posted by Chowdahkid-

Yea, I always hated the Flyers, but I did respect "Tick Toc!"

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bhanlon156. Show bhanlon156's posts

In Response to Re: Top 3 Bruins fights of all time : Well these weren't really fights. They're awesome to see, don't get me wrong, but the thread is about Bruins fights. BTW- what are you talking about Neely's gutless vomit fight? Are you talking about the Lemieux fight, where the turtle turtles? And Neely gets ejected for exposing the coward Lemieux was!
    Posted by Neelybestallaround

That's the one.  He drags Lemieux to the boards to mash his turtling head against them.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins8. Show bruins8's posts

best bruins fighter and nhl fighter of all time was jay miller saw him fight atleast 200 times and never seen him go down...i challenge anyone to youtube me a fight he really loss...you might find a few that were close but..this guy wasnt like fighters nowadays he stood toe to toe and threw punches...hands down the best i've seen

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bhanlon156. Show bhanlon156's posts

best bruins fighter and nhl fighter of all time was jay miller saw him fight atleast 200 times and never seen him go down...i challenge anyone to youtube me a fight he really loss...you might find a few that were close but..this guy wasnt like fighters nowadays he stood toe to toe and threw punches...hands down the best i've seen
    Posted by bruins8

Miller was an all-time great, but Tie Domi was pretty damn good.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Posted by bruins8

You didn't see him fight at least 200 times.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8BW8jHNQlY

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mannyortez3424. Show mannyortez3424's posts

In recent history, the Chara-Cochi fight was pretty sick: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C9TemTZlweo

Also the Lucic-Komisarek fight that seemed like it had been built up for years...that sh*t got me pumped: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gjZbNtzsQFY

The Bruins-Stars brawl was pretty epic too (anybody who questions Marc Savard's committment to his teammates, take a look, 5:46 mark): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eG6wQRnnT8o

Tough to not talk about PJ Stock or Terry O'Reilly, but I wanted to keep it recent to give props to the recent Bruins haha...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Neelybestallaround. Show Neelybestallaround's posts

I forgot about this one! Thanks Mean!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Neelybestallaround. Show Neelybestallaround's posts

Posted by bruins8

Love watching Miller go too! He was something, but I had Ray "Scampy" Scampinello tell me himself that pound for pound Stan Jonathan was the best fighter he ever saw. Scampy was the one who had Bouchards blood all over him in that fight!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikzor. Show mikzor's posts

Howzabout the fight where Lyndon Byers made Rob Ray cry?

It looked, at the end, like Rob Ray was actually crying. I remember it like it was yesterday. The people on ice level swore he was.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikzor. Show mikzor's posts

I totaly agree with Bruins8, Jay Miller was the best...I used to collect hockey fights tapes in the '80's and '90's...and I had vintage '70's too. He was the best «boxer». He really had a technique and was always coming back. The only fights he lost were against John Kordic, and some of them were closed. I think that the Miller-Kordic, the O'reilly-Shultz and the Jonathan-Bouchard are the greatest Bruins fights.
    Posted by Remi72

Miller / Nilan were all time classics as well. Those two HATED each other at the time.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucicfan. Show lucicfan's posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kXUEwX5wBfQ&NR=1
    this is a pretty good bout. but what we really need this year is this.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q5OJ1O25r_8 it will be great watching this plus the 25 goals he is going to score this year.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gjZbNtzsQFY The Bruins-Stars brawl was pretty epic too (anybody who questions Marc Savard's committment to his teammates, take a look, 5:46 mark)
    Posted by mannyortez3424

Yeah, it's good to see Savard jump right in there...with gloves firmly attached to hands.  He's really impressive when he punches guys from behind.  He's full of rage when he's yelling at Avery.  He's really into it when everyone else is locked up and he's standing still, by himself.  He's a fraud.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsCountry. Show BruinsCountry's posts

Best fights?  By what criteria?  Competitiveness?  One-sided in the B's favor?  For me, context is all-important...many of the best fights came vs. rivals, during playoffs, etc. 

PJ Stock having a great go in a meaningless regular season game vs. some non-rival, while entertaining, doesn't compare to Jonathan-Bouchard, Jonathan-Moose Dupont, Wensink-Battleship Bob Kelly (two of the toughest '70's fighters, Wensink handled him!), Cashman-Magnuson several times, Sanderson-Ray McKay at Chicago, Sanderson vs. most of the Rangers in the '72 Final, O'Reilly-Schultz (they fought countless times in the AHL, long before their numerous B's-Phliars bouts), Jay Miller-Chris Nilan bouts that never seemed to end, the Lucic-Komisarek fight at the New Garden (the only fight of this era that belongs becaus of the 2-season build-up to it), and the most overlooked, yet most cherished battle I ever saw:  when Mighty Mouse Nevin Markwart (5'8") baited and then kicked the krapp out of Claude The Fraud Lemieux (6'2"), just off-camera unfortunately  (note:  you can hear the crowd shrieking in delight in the background) across the ice from where B's coach Terry O'Reilly held off Canadiens fighter Mike McPhee from joining the fray down the tunnel behind the Bruins bench (started by words between Nilan and Linseman when Nilan was sent to the dressing room and had to pass by B's bench at the Garden) during what is, to date anyway, the last bench-clearing brawl in Bruins history.  A pity I say, though I realize "the game" doesn't need that (and never did).  What the game is missing today is the passion, both on the ice and in the stands, that was palpable that night and many nights prior to the game being so sterilized. 

No one needed to be reminded by the video scoreboard to "make noise" in those days.  What we have today is Bettman Boring.  Having said that, I'm too much of a diehard to give up the greatest sport in the world.

Goon hockey and clutch-and-grab tactics shouldn't be allowed to return, but where the NHL has gone too far is how defensemen are no longer allowed to keep the crease clear in front of their goalies (come on, make 'em earn their points), also in limiting the space in which goalies are permitted to handle the puck.  As B's scout Cheevers said when the trapezoid went into effect, "That should never have happened, puck-handling's a skill."  Alright, I'll shut up now.    

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins8. Show bruins8's posts

In Response to Re: Top 3 Bruins fights of all time : kordic owned miller    but i agree he never backed down from anybody  i loved when the fight when mcguire closelined him and he beat him good
    Posted by johnniekkranz

kordic was a tough guy..but noone owned jay miller..they had some greats toe to toe bouts not like the fighters today who wrestle..jay never went down...best fighter of all time...joey kocur was close...but miller was not a cheap shot fighter..just a hard nose toe to toe fighter

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins8. Show bruins8's posts

sorry the ? was best bs fight of all time...not fighter..when i see the word fight i think of jay miller he was in my opinion the best bruins fighter of all time...the best fight i seen was that pj stock peat fight...but im sure if i go back 20 years miller and kordic probably had better ones and i do remember my favorite fight when cam beat ulfy down like a rag doll when he was with the whale...and by the way why i loved the heart of pj stock..miller wouldve beat him bad

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In Response to Re: Top 3 Bruins fights of all time : kordic was a tough guy..but noone owned jay miller..they had some greats toe to toe bouts not like the fighters today who wrestle..jay never went down...best fighter of all time...joey kocur was close...but miller was not a cheap shot fighter..just a hard nose toe to toe fighter
    Posted by bruins8

sorry bruins8, even though miller was a good fighter I have to disagree with the best fighter of all time comment. I don't know if he would have even made my top 10.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

sorry the ? was best bs fight of all time...not fighter..when i see the word fight i think of jay miller he was in my opinion the best bruins fighter of all time...the best fight i seen was that pj stock peat fight...but im sure if i go back 20 years miller and kordic probably had better ones and i do remember my favorite fight when cam beat ulfy down like a rag doll when he was with the whale...and by the way why i loved the heart of pj stock..miller wouldve beat him bad
    Posted by bruins8

OK you revised your comment. Still liked Stan Jonathan better .

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins8. Show bruins8's posts

thats ok...you have your right to your opinion...he is for sure top 10 in bs history thats not even a fair argument....you can make a case that probert domi kocur are better, but you can go back to day 1 of the nhl and have anyone fight miller and ill take miller anyday of the week...he wont go down...he was the rocky balboa of the nhl...regardless miller byers  vs hartman ray  or kordic and martinson were classics you dont get them type fights anyway nowadays.....i did meet byers in  a bar about a month ago and he said kocur was the best fighter of all time when i asked him...so everyone has their own opinion

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reilly24. Show Reilly24's posts

Best fights?  By what criteria?  Competitiveness?  One-sided in the B's favor?  For me, context is all-important...many of the best fights came vs. rivals, during playoffs, etc.  PJ Stock having a great go in a meaningless regular season game vs. some non-rival, while entertaining, doesn't compare to Jonathan-Bouchard, Jonathan-Moose Dupont, Wensink-Battleship Bob Kelly (two of the toughest '70's fighters, Wensink handled him!), Cashman-Magnuson several times, Sanderson-Ray McKay at Chicago, Sanderson vs. most of the Rangers in the '72 Final , O'Reilly-Schultz (they fought countless times in the AHL, long before their numerous B's-Phliars bouts)...  Alright, I'll shut up now.    
    Posted by BruinsCountry

Just wanted to say BruinsCountry that this was a great post. I usually never read the long winded ones but you made some great points here. Nice work !

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

You have to consider the Komi / Looch fight in Game 4 of the 2008 playoffs.  The deciding game.  The fight itself wasnt spectacular, but the lead-up was awesome.

Lucic is just lingering at the blue line (I think the play was stopped)....Komi skates over and whispers something into Looch's ear.  You just see this massive smirk emerge on Looch's face right when Komi whispered something......

I can only imagine, Komi said something along the lines of : "how about one more , you little punk"  .....

Again, the fight itself was nothing spectacular, but the expressions on Looch's face (specifically how he went from pure seriousness to ear-to-ear grin at the exact second Komi whispered something into his ear) was awesome.

Sections
Shortcuts