tor at atl tonight go?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins8. Show bruins8's posts

tor at atl tonight go?

i better not here one person pulling for atl tonight...1st and formost bs need to get in  so when tor is playing anyone thats so close to us w root for tor...a bs win and atl lost would put us in great shape...go leafs go  (for tonight)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

Re: tor at atl tonight go?

In Response to tor at atl tonight go?:
    i better not here one person pulling for atl tonight...1st and formost bs need to get in  so when tor is playing anyone thats so close to us w root for tor...a bs win and atl lost would put us in great shape...go leafs go  (for tonight)
    Posted by bruins8

Hell yeah atl, atl is 3 back with a game in hand, the b's go 5-4-1 over their 10 games atl has to go 7-2 to tie (we have the head to head) not to mention they have 2 verse washington, 2 verse pitt, and 1 vs NJ.. we don't make the playoffs over them with that schedule we don't belong there..

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrrGOAT. Show No4BobbyOrrGOAT's posts

In Response to tor at atl tonight go?:
    Posted by bruins8

Boston Bruins fan by you.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BergysStache. Show BergysStache's posts

Flyers are on their way out of the playoff race. No way can they lose Carter and depend on Boucher for basically the rest of the regular season and still make it in. There will be room for the B's and Atlanta...

There's only one chance of us getting a good draft pick, and thats for Toronto to keep losing.

Plus as long as the Bruins keep winning, it doesn't matter what the other teams do. Last year that 8th spot was up for grabs, and Montreal basically won it by default because they just lost less than the Panther, Rangers et al last year... I want to see some team EARN that spot this year.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Notex. Show Notex's posts

I think we will beat atl out for the playoffs anyways and thinking long term taylor hall is more important than a dissapointing playoff run  - Give me an atl win and bruins win

(newsflash: we arent going to beat PIT or WAS or any other good playoff team at this point)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

Toronto must lose.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Perfect, I think Atlanta will be pretty motivated tonight.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

Notex, I don't know that i really believe we can't beat pitt.. Washington.. Theo is 15-0-2 since january I heard last night.. and they have a bigger lead on 2nd, then 2nd has on 10th.. If we can get out of that 8 spot though, i think we have a shot...If the bruins continue to play, and bring it when the play offs come

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

That draft pick is just too important, and almost completely out of the Bruins' hands.  Have to root for Atlanta.  To echo the sentiment expressed by several others, I'd much rather see Toronto loose out the season and Boston have to earn a playoff spot than Toronto help Boston make it into the playoffs by winning 2 games against the Thrashers, 2 against the Rangers, and/or beating the Flyers and Canadiends.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from paulyboy. Show paulyboy's posts

Agreed on pick is more imortant.  Bs must earn their way in. If they do they will have a chance of making it past 1st round particularly if we end up in 5th or 6th seed.  Toront needs to be put sleep.  1st or 2nd pick is a must...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

Toronto is playing for pride, next year and to finish the season on a decent streak, dont think there gonna lay down, Atlanta has a chance to get in because they can still catch Bs, philly and mtl..this is a good race.
    The Bs have to look after themselves, no one else

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins8. Show bruins8's posts

wow.....with 10 games left you cant say phi or anyone will play themselves out...to little time left..i understand hall (who depending on bouncing balls-we may or maybe not get) is very important piece going forward...but if somehow we miss the playoffs by 1 pt...you will be happy atl beat tor to help us get the pick...thats crazy...the pick is a crapshoot whether tor finishes 2,3,4 worst...even if we play wsh, you never know..who thought anh would knock of sj last srping?  or even car beating boston?   what about edm in 2006 gets in on last day of season and takes car to the 7th game of finals??

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

Not one of those teams is as deep or solid as the caps have been, nor have they blown out the rest of the league the way washington has..SJ has always had play off issues, as have the B's.. Carolina rode a solid Cam ward etc..

I really think atl's play off hopes ended with losing to the b's 5 pts in nearly impossible to make up in 8-9 games with out someone playing them selves out of the play offs, but I dont see there being a 1 v 8 upset in the east this year.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Notex. Show Notex's posts

In Response to Re: tor at atl tonight go?:
    Notex, I don't know that i really believe we can't beat pitt.. Washington.. Theo is 15-0-2 since january I heard last night.. and they have a bigger lead on 2nd, then 2nd has on 10th.. If we can get out of that 8 spot though, i think we have a shot...If the bruins continue to play, and bring it when the play offs come
    Posted by rolerhoky19

I just mean I dont think we are built to get through BUF/ WAS/ PIT/ Ect... and win the cup, I just dont see the chemistry and passion required - there is no way anyone thinks we can win the cup this year is there?

I could totally see the bruins, with 2 of thebest goalies in the league, upset a top seed and make a short playoff run , but if we can't beat out atlanta in points we dont deserve the chance anyways...

I am a diehard B's fan, even in the rough years, but I am also realistic. I think the top pick will benefit our team more in the long run than a short playoff run

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoveRealHockey. Show LoveRealHockey's posts

Silly post.

You want Boston to get into the playoffs 1st and foremost.  If given a choice does anyone honestly prefer a higher draft pick then making the playoffs where anything can happen?  Especially if your goalie gets hot?

Let the Toronto situation take care of itself.  Toronto will be hard-pressed to get out of 2nd last place with the number of games remaining.

I can't believe anyone would rather rely on the draft crapshoot over a chance at playing in the playoffs.  Obviously you want both, but given a choice you ALWAYS want to play in the playoffs.  That is what this marathan of a season is all about.

A hundred things can happen before the draft and a hundred things can happen to the team.  Players can get traded, hurt, busted for drugs, opt for KHL, demand trades etc......

If that is the mentality, lose every game from this point on and improve the Bruins #1 pick as well as the 1 they get from the Leafs.

If Bruins don't make the playoffs this year, Jacobs will freak out at missing on the gate receipts. 

My Leafs are out so I'm hoping the Bruins get in or I have no one to cheer for.  I also hope Bruins get Hall because I'd hate to see the Islanders or Tampa get him (especially Tampa).  Leafs have no chance of catching Florida.

If he doesn't go to Boston, I'd rather see him in Edmonton or Columbus and get him out of the conference.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

Notex
    I agree.. but outside of washington I am just saying no team in the east really scares me..

If they can play like they have in some of the recent games I could see a decent run, I would think ference is going to play great till the years end, goaltending is solid, lucic is playing well.. but yeah there are lots of missing peices, esp "heart" emotion etc.. that intangible that when along with the confidence this team had most of last season (SJ smoked us and that definitely did something to the B's mentality)  Possibly cup match up and they come from 0-2 down going into the third to win 5-2.. team lost alot that night.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from KrayzieJoe. Show KrayzieJoe's posts

Atlanta will win

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Notex. Show Notex's posts

Okay,

I, before anything, want to see the B's play in the playoffs (offseason is too long)

BUT

that can still happen with ATL beating TOR tonight - I want ATL to beat TOR every time they play (or any team playing TOR) and the B's make the playoffs with the 6th

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bobby774. Show bobby774's posts

Go Atlanta Win Win Win. Why wouldn't you want them to win? We will make the playoff and get smoked in the first round woo-hoo another one and done! The future is more important!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

I want TO and Boston to loose. TO for the draft pick, and the B's for the fact that they'll get killed in the first round, and I'd rather they got a 7 or 8 pick, then a 10 or 11 pick if they make the playoffs.
    Face it, they are not going to upset the Caps. Heck they couldn't get past the 'Canes last year with a healthy team, so why not go for the re-load.

They need a big time goals scorer, and you usually find those in the early part of the draft. Pretty simple.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

Perrsound..

We can move to the 6 seed tonight, were not a lock for 8.. and if we make the playoffs we will be drafting 15 at best, if we nearly miss probably 12-14.. So I dont think that is something i would be wishing for..

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsUSA. Show BruinsUSA's posts

For sure rooting for the Thrashers to beat the Leafs tonight.  As long as the B's continue to win their playoff seed will take care of itself.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from whitbomb. Show whitbomb's posts

Lets go Thrashers, that Leafs pick is more important

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from huscroft28. Show huscroft28's posts

Bruins must win.  The experience of the playoffs is crucial, especially for the young guys like Rask, Wheeler, Lucic, Krejci, Boychuk.  The Bruins can get 7th to face Pittsburgh, if they want to avoid Washington.

Thrashers must win.  Helping Toronto fail is crucial for the Bruins who could do a lot toward reloading by drafting Hall or Seguin.

What about Jonathan Merrill or Stephen Johns with the 12th-16th pick when we get 7th or 8th in the East?  If we get draftpick #2, we also get draftpick #32 - what about Jarred Tinordi?  

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writers/allan_muir/11/06/2010.draft.preview/index.html

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from misterpaulo. Show misterpaulo's posts

TO winning a few extra games down the stretch could be the difference in the B's getting a franchise player to getting just a good to average NHLer.  TO's last 9 games have HUGE implications for the future of the B's and I will still be going for ATL in the 2 games they have against the TO.

Priorities for me are this:
    B's taking care of their own business and win as many games as possible.  They do this and they'll be fine regardless of what happens with the other teams down the stretch.  Cheering for whoever is playing TO regardless of where they sit in the standings.

Considering the way some of the teams directly ahead of the B's are playing, I'm confident I can have my cake and eat it too.