Toronto 3pts behind Florida

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

Re: Toronto 3pts behind Florida

I agree it would s-u-c-k-s after they have been one of the 2 worst team in the league all year that they would come out of that spot during the last 10 games of the year.  Tonight's game vs the habs was the worst possible thing.... a 3 point game!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

Toronto has also played more games than the teams they are chasing.. FLA has played 2 less games than TO .. the number of games are winding down for them....and tomorrow FLA plays Tampa , in what will probably be a 3 point game .. but I think Florida wins... It certainly will be interesting.. Atlanta is all of a sudden creeping up setting up an important game against the B's next week...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from paulyboy. Show paulyboy's posts

Guys I hate to say this, but Toronto has made it their mission to not allow us to have a lottery pick.  Do you honestly think that the Islanders and the other stiffs are trying to win?  Carolina is a proud team and they are the exception.  Take a look at the standings as they are shooting up the standings and my call is that they will finish will very similar points as the Bs this year.  The Bs are done!!! There is no recovering from the lack of heart they showed in Thursdays night game.  We will end up with the 5th or 6th pick.  Do not think I am being negative, but more so realistic. I have watched many of the Mape Leafs games and they are going to shock all of you here.  I am tired of people saying that there is no way for Toronto to jump up that high with only 10 games left.  Well I would agree if all of the teams ahead actually gave a sh$t, but they dont.. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins8. Show bruins8's posts

i told everyone this weeks ago when they had sequin/hall penciled in  very very very bad trade  kessel is atleast a 30 goal guy pr season what is the 7,8 pick gonna be....i told everyone on here thats its not a slam dunk we get 1,2 pick....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In Response to Re: Toronto 3pts behind Florida:
    i told everyone this weeks ago when they had sequin/hall penciled in  very very very bad trade  kessel is atleast a 30 goal guy pr season what is the 7,8 pick gonna be....i told everyone on here thats its not a slam dunk we get 1,2 pick....
    Posted by bruins8

HEY  - 3 POINTS ON THE PANTHERS - BUT THE PANTHERS HAVE TWO GAMES IN HAND.

7 - 8 ????

FIRST the Leafs have to move beyond 2nd worst overall.
    The Leafs must win.
    The teams in front of them must lose.
    Then they have to maintain that.

If I were rooting for the Leafs I would feel it would be too tall an order.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins8. Show bruins8's posts

"the leafs must win"...........just in case you been living in a bubble the leafs have been winning 7-2-1 last 10

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Guys I hate to say this, but Toronto has made it their mission to not allow us to have a lottery pick.  Do you honestly think that the Islanders and the other stiffs are trying to win?  Carolina is a proud team and they are the exception.  Take a look at the standings as they are shooting up the standings and my call is that they will finish will very similar points as the Bs this year.  The Bs are done!!! There is no recovering from the lack of heart they showed in Thursdays night game.  We will end up with the 5th or 6th pick.  Do not think I am being negative, but more so realistic. I have watched many of the Mape Leafs games and they are going to shock all of you here.  I am tired of people saying that there is no way for Toronto to jump up that high with only 10 games left.  Well I would agree if all of the teams ahead actually gave a sh$t, but they dont.. 
    Posted by paulyboy

And the Bruins mission is to win a Stanley Cup.

And they Leafs were BEATEN by the Isles just a few games ago - and by the Canes, the teams who allegedly don't give a sh$t.

Realistically they will finish where they are.

Since you watch them, did you see that Habs game?  Tell me the Leafs weren't dead on their feet in the third period.  How long can playing on pure adrenaline last?  They don't have the conditioning to play the type of hockey they are playing.  Pure adrenaline - and the Bruins should watch Leafs game film to get an clue as to how that looks like.  Look at November-Dec time frame for the Leafs, they've had spurts of life before.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from paulyboy. Show paulyboy's posts

Isles and Florida were both 4-4-2 in the last 10 for a total of 10 points. 
    Toronto was 7-2-1 for a total of 15 points

Isles and Florida are playing for squat and Toronto is playing inspired hockey. 
    This will happen. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rickrand3. Show rickrand3's posts

of course "this will happen" it's the Bruins!! Also, I remember being SO excited when the Bruins drafted Kessel with the 5th or 6th pick. How'd that work out for us?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from looch65. Show looch65's posts

Listning to Badhabitudes "unbiased" rants on the Leafs and Kessel is like taking Hitlers stance on world diplomacy at face value.

Badhabitude has been proven completely wrong about Kessel this season so it is natural to see him grasping at straws lol

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoveRealHockey. Show LoveRealHockey's posts

Toronto is 3 behind Florida, 4 behind Islanders, Carolina, Tampa and 6 behind Columbus.

And....they are 10 points behind Boston.......LOL

I think the Leaf remaining schedule is better then those above teams and those guys are playing each other.

Leafs are also playing very well.  BadHab says they are playing on adrenline.  I don't think that's all it, they are playing better in all facets of the game and they are getting decent goaltending.  They are also very loose.

In terms of being tired in the 3rd, try chasing 1 of the fastest teams in the league and see how that works.  Montreal is really, really quick...

I think Toronto catches at least 1 of the team above them, possibly 2.  They have nothing to lose...

Something worth watching though......Bruins need to come up big when they play the Leafs again.  Could come down to that.

P.S. Wouldn't it be poetic justice if Boston got the 5th overall pick given Kessel was their 5th pick.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from scotland19. Show scotland19's posts

Posted by bruins8

Bruins8! The Lords of the Postings have decreed that "He Who Was Traded to the Leafs" shall not be mentioned by name. I was pounded for it lately.

I digress. The scary part of the schedule for the B's Leaf draft pick is the fact that the teams ahead of the Leafs in the Eastern division are also in the South East conference and play each other several times between now and the end. Someone has to lose. The Leafs also play the Panthers head to head twice. If the Leafs stay on their rip, they could realistically gain a spot or two in the standings and we know what that means.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins8. Show bruins8's posts

what bothers me more than potentially losing 1 or 2 pick is how the leafs 7-2-1 are playing more desperate hockey than bs now...they are winning on effort and effort alone....   then again the bs have 12 ot losses and probably 20-25 games decided by 1 or 2 goals  u think kessel in the lineup might have gotten us a few more points to be comfortable right now........

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from scotland19. Show scotland19's posts

The only (Hopefully) good part about the Leafs playing Florida twice is the fact that the Panthers pounded them in the first game after the Olympics.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

what bothers me more than potentially losing 1 or 2 pick is how the leafs 7-2-1 are playing more desperate hockey than bs now...they are winning on effort and effort alone....   then again the bs have 12 ot losses and probably 20-25 games decided by 1 or 2 goals  u think kessel in the lineup might have gotten us a few more points to be comfortable right now........
    Posted by bruins8

Kessel Man Crush !!!! Do you ever stop to think that Kessel didn't want to play in Boston and forced his way out by demanding too much money that forced PC to trade him. Just put your Kessel jersey on ebay .

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Listning to Badhabitudes "unbiased" rants on the Leafs and Kessel is like taking Hitlers stance on world diplomacy at face value. Badhabitude has been proven completely wrong about Kessel this season so it is natural to see him grasping at straws lol
    Posted by looch65

Sure thing, I'll take that.  So I'll just throw this out at you all, and I will try to keep ALL of my personal opinions out of it.

If you are a bookie and you are setting the odds for where the Leafs finish, what odds would you give?  Simple match and probability.  Tell me.

The only opinion that I would offer is if I were a bookie, I would give even money that they will finish were they are right now.  And I don't even think that's an opinion, I think that's what probability dictates.

Or even better, Vegas must offer odds on this, I have no idea of how to look that up.  Money talks.  There must be a way to bet on where the leafs finish - and you can place a bet right now.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from looch65. Show looch65's posts

In Response to Re: Toronto 3pts behind Florida : Sure thing, I'll take that.  So I'll just throw this out at you all, and I will try to keep ALL of my personal opinions out of it. If you are a bookie and you are setting the odds for where the Leafs finish, what odds would you give?  Simple match and probability.  Tell me. The only opinion that I would offer is if I were a bookie, I would give even money that they will finish were they are right now.  And I don't even think that's an opinion, I think that's what probability dictates. Or even better, Vegas must offer odds on this, I have no idea of how to look that up.  Money talks.  There must be a way to bet on where the leafs finish - and you can place a bet right now.
    Posted by BadHabitude

I agree and I would say most likely in 29th place and with the lottery B's pick anywhere from #1-3

That doesn't take away from the fact that you were 100% W R O N G about Kessel, and that you're simply a jaded hater. (I don't blame the being jaded part) I simply call a spade a spade, nothing against you honestly.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In Response to Re: Toronto 3pts behind Florida : I agree and I would say most likely in 29th place and with the lottery B's pick anywhere from #1-3 That doesn't take away from the fact that you were 100% W R O N G about Kessel, and that you're simply a jaded hater. (I don't blame the being jaded part) I simply call a spade a spade, nothing against you honestly.
    Posted by looch65

OK, I don't see how you can say I was/am 100% wrong about Kessel.  He is exactly who he is.  Quote me anywhere that I was "wrong" about Kessel.

I will make this short and sweet because most all of you don't get what I am saying at all.

And here's my point that is even more favorable to Kessel.

I will give you 2 examples.  2 great players.  Middleton and Neely.  Both had bad reps with their teams.  Both underachieved with those teams.  So I will throw this back on to you - could Middleton and Neely have enjoyed as much success as they had if they stayed with the Rangers and Canucks?

I think Middleton is the fairest example.  I don't think Middleton could have thrived with the Rangers.  The difference with the Bruins is that they got fair value in return for Kessel.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from looch65. Show looch65's posts

In Response to Re: Toronto 3pts behind Florida : OK, I don't see how you can say I was/am 100% wrong about Kessel.  He is exactly who he is.  Quote me anywhere that I was "wrong" about Kessel. I will make this short and sweet because most all of you don't get what I am saying at all. And here's my point that is even more favorable to Kessel. I will give you 2 examples.  2 great players.  Middleton and Neely.  Both had bad reps with their teams.  Both underachieved with those teams.  So I will throw this back on to you - could Middleton and Neely have enjoyed as much success as they had if they stayed with the Rangers and Canucks? I think Middleton is the fairest example.  I don't think Middleton could have thrived with the Rangers.  The difference with the Bruins is that they got fair value in return for Kessel.
    Posted by BadHabitude

I dont give a bleep about rick middleton and cam neely or the Rangers and Canucks seriously who gives a bleep?

Me and you are talking about Phil Kessel and all the straight up garbage you have been talking about him and his game the whole season. Nasty off base, off color things... its very easy go back and look at your posts and all the trash that came out of your mouth. You were as wrong as wrong could be.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

Lots can happen between now and the end of the season..some teams will slide some teams will move up.. I do know the Bruins will be in the Lottery pick .. Top 5 and then well see how the balls fall.. also to keep in mind is that Chiarelli has a lot of ammo to move up in the draft and possibly make a deal to get Seguin or Hall..
    So where the Bruins end up with leafs pick at end of season doesn't mean they will pick there anyway..

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

if the b's hadn't given up five points to the Leafs we wouldn't be worrying as much....  i don't care how good Fowler is, but unless the b's end up with Hall or Seguin this deal doesn't look so good because they need instant offense like Kessel provided....  and for those saying that Kessel didn't want to play in beantown, were you there during the negotiations?....  all i know is the kid has more goals than any b's player and missed the first two months of the season....  the bottom line is Chiarelli spent Jacob's $$$$ badly and didn't have any left to sign his top goal-scorer....

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In Response to Re: Toronto 3pts behind Florida : I dont give a bleep about rick middleton and cam neely or the Rangers and Canucks seriously who gives a bleep? Me and you are talking about Phil Kessel and all the straight up garbage you have been talking about him and his game the whole season. Nasty off base, off color things... its very easy go back and look at your posts and all the trash that came out of your mouth. You were as wrong as wrong could be.
    Posted by looch65

Sure.  You stay with Kessel and I'll stay with the Bruins.  We'll see who gets a cup first.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from wolftears. Show wolftears's posts

SanSheepBaby up to his usual crying and belly aching again.. what a surprise