Toronto ties it late and wins in OT

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisbruinsfan1985. Show chrisbruinsfan1985's posts

Toronto ties it late and wins in OT

WHAT THE HELL.

Rangers fighting for their playoff lives and they can't hold on?

Not the worst night though:
    -Islansders, who I WAS most worried about Toronto passing won in overtime.
    -Columbus, who lost to Islanders, gained a point in OT. (that game couldn't have worked out any better)
    - Hurricanes lose (DAMN)
    - Panthers lose (DAMN)

So Toronto is now only 3 points back of both Carolina and Florida(2 games in hand).

Toronto has 7 games left. We asbolutely need them to lose in regulation tomorrow at Pittsburgh.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Re: Toronto ties it late and wins in OT

Did you see any of that game?

From the games I've seen, the Leafs aren't winning, the teams they are playing against are losing.  There is a difference.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Guaranteed

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisbruinsfan1985. Show chrisbruinsfan1985's posts

No I didn't see it.

But i dont think they are a good team. I do not see how they are winning.

If the Rangers held on in regulation and Pittsburgh beat Toronto tomorrow in reulation we would be well on our way to a guaranteed top 3 pick.

Now I think we are going to sweat this one out for the next two weeks.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In Response to Re: Toronto ties it late and wins in OT:
    No I didn't see it. But i dont think they are a good team. I do not see how they are winning. If the Rangers held on in regulation and Pittsburgh beat Toronto tomorrow in reulation we would be well on our way to a guaranteed top 3 pick. Now I think we are going to sweat this one out for the next two weeks.
    Posted by chrisbruinsfan1985

Don't sweat, just look at those bottom standings and notice how those teams above Toronto keep moving around.  Toronto have to eliminate that gap first.  And that means the teams in front of them must lose in addition to Toronto winning.  Then, once the Leafs join that cluster, they have to maintain it.  It's a tall order.  It is mathematically possible, but a tall order.

Just think about the Bruins getting 6th in the East, leap frogging the Habs.  That's reasonably hard.  Great if they can do it, but pretty hard.  Can we agree that catching the Sens 7 pts ahead is virtually impossible?  I would say that's practically impossible to happen.  It's a tight league.  The Leafs have been more consistently at the bottom than anyone.  Even Edmonton was doing better earlier in the season.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from biggskye. Show biggskye's posts

I watched the game.Better team won,but Lundqvist lost it for the Rangers. BRUTAL late tying goal, and bad one in OT.
    In an interview after the game, he said he played FUKKING TERRIBLE.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

The Leafs' game results have been pretty annoying - not just them winning but their opponents (and rivals for a playoff spot for the Bruins) getting points for overtime.

Someone needs to arrange for a "Golf Fantasy Trips" sales representative to be in their locker room next game.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from VT17BruinsFan. Show VT17BruinsFan's posts

Did you see any of that game? From the games I've seen, the Leafs aren't winning, the teams they are playing against are losing.  There is a difference.
    Posted by BadHabitude

The Leafs are 8-2 in their last 10 games, the best in the Eastern Conference in that time... You've made a fool out of yourself the whole season reguarding the Leafs. How dumb can you be? You're so agenda driven and biased it is laughable.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins8. Show bruins8's posts

thats good nyr are 4  back instead of 3....they own tie breaker so w need nyr to lose people

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoveRealHockey. Show LoveRealHockey's posts

In Response to Re: Toronto ties it late and wins in OT : Don't sweat, just look at those bottom standings and notice how those teams above Toronto keep moving around.  Toronto have to eliminate that gap first.  And that means the teams in front of them must lose in addition to Toronto winning.  Then, once the Leafs join that cluster, they have to maintain it.  It's a tall order.  It is mathematically possible, but a tall order. Just think about the Bruins getting 6th in the East, leap frogging the Habs.  That's reasonably hard.  Great if they can do it, but pretty hard.  Can we agree that catching the Sens 7 pts ahead is virtually impossible?  I would say that's practically impossible to happen.  It's a tight league.  The Leafs have been more consistently at the bottom than anyone.  Even Edmonton was doing better earlier in the season.
    Posted by BadHabitude

Sorry Badhab.  You're just not that objective when it comes to the Leafs.  I know you want that pick to be as high as possible, which is fair, but it kills you to give them any credit.  I've seen just about everyone of their last 15 games.

Fact is they are playing very well, outside of a bad game against Florida.  They are young, fast and their defense is playing very well.  Goaltending has been solid.  Phaneuf has been very good since coming over and Kessel continues to score most games with a lot of speed.  I'm not sure what you're watching.  They outplayed the Rangers in the 1st and 3rd periods.  They scored lucky goals and Gustovasson made some spectacular saves in the 2nd period to hold them in.

I think they will catch 1 of the teams ahead of them at best, but whether it's Burke, or Kessel, or the Leafs in general you hate to say anything good.  Now you're a Bruin fan so I guess that's allowed, but try and keep it real.

By the way they are beating good teams; Montreal, Ottawa (twice), Rangers, New Jersey, Boston (outplayed them the last two games).

I hope the Bruins get the lottery pick ahead of teams like Tampa, Florida, Carolina and the Islanders but if they don't, I'd prefer to see the likes of Hall or Seguin go outside the conference (Edmonton, Columbia).

Have fun...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoveRealHockey. Show LoveRealHockey's posts

In Response to Re: Toronto ties it late and wins in OT : The Leafs are 8-2 in their last 10 games, the best in the Eastern Conference in that time... You've made a fool out of yourself the whole season reguarding the Leafs. How dumb can you be? You're so agenda driven and biased it is laughable.
    Posted by VT17BruinsFan

Have to agree on this, I'm afraid.

Love to see the Leafs do well and I think they will be in tough to to pass anyone, but they are playing well and deserve some kudos especially when they have taken more then their share (and deservedly so) of abuse this year.

They outplayed Boston in the last two meetings by the way.

Next game against Boston will be huge (as it should I guess given the trade) to see if Toronto passes anyone.

Out................

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins8. Show bruins8's posts

bs playoff first   pick 2nd

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoveRealHockey. Show LoveRealHockey's posts

bs playoff first   pick 2nd
    Posted by bruins8

Right on.......

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In Response to Re: Toronto ties it late and wins in OT : Sorry Badhab.  You're just not that objective when it comes to the Leafs.  I know you want that pick to be as high as possible, which is fair, but it kills you to give them any credit.  I've seen just about everyone of their last 15 games. Fact is they are playing very well, outside of a bad game against Florida.  They are young, fast and their defense is playing very well.  Goaltending has been solid.  Phaneuf has been very good since coming over and Kessel continues to score most games with a lot of speed.  I'm not sure what you're watching.  They outplayed the Rangers in the 1st and 3rd periods.  They scored lucky goals and Gustovasson made some spectacular saves in the 2nd period to hold them in. I think they will catch 1 of the teams ahead of them at best, but whether it's Burke, or Kessel, or the Leafs in general you hate to say anything good.  Now you're a Bruin fan so I guess that's allowed, but try and keep it real. By the way they are beating good teams; Montreal, Ottawa (twice), Rangers, New Jersey, Boston (outplayed them the last two games). I hope the Bruins get the lottery pick ahead of teams like Tampa, Florida, Carolina and the Islanders but if they don't, I'd prefer to see the likes of Hall or Seguin go outside the conference (Edmonton, Columbia). Have fun...
    Posted by LoveRealHockey

OK, I'll give you the goaltending.  But you're not a little worried about Gustavson's heart condition?  He's been going well, but it seems like you never know when he'll miss a couple of weeks being evaluated.  I would say he's hot right now, but look at him earlier this year when he was pretty shakey.

The defense, ok, pretty well, but then you have moments like when Schen's pocket got picked HORRIBLY the other night.

What they have going well for them is pretty fragile I'd say.

Even you have to admit they've gotten lucky, the Kaberle goal was really lucky.

You can say Kessel for offense, but he didn't do it for them last night.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

Let's hope the leafs have a bad stretch to end their season.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

Let's hope the leafs have a bad stretch to end their season.
    Posted by lucaooo

I am probably more concerned with TO's winning streak than anything hockey related at this point.  Our upcoming draft pick could be a franchise deal.  TO picking up even one more spot could have serious consequences for us....many years into the future.
    I was more disappointed in their game than I was euphoric about ours.
    Always thought, still think, we'll get in, but would be surprised if we go very far.
    Hope they didn't forget how to lose.  I'd hate for us to waste some of our good picks in order to move up in the draft.  If TO stays where they are, we may not even need to consider it.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

how about we go one day at a time?
    They had a tough game last night.
    They are playing Pittsburg today.
    Even if they win against Pittsburg, that still doesn't take them out of second to last place today.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from coachparker. Show coachparker's posts

Listning to Badhabitude with anything reguarding the Leafs is like listning to StanleyCuptotheBruins say anything about the Bruins. Everyone knows by now just to roll their eyes and laugh

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

The Laffs have been lucky.  Maybe good as well, but certainly lucky.  They've won a lot of OT games in this stretch, and that always requires a touch of clover.  A big part of this, though, is that they're loose - nothing to play for but jobs and schaedenfraude.  Look at the records of the teams who've been out of it for a while and most of them are playing .500 or better (except TBay), which is much better than their season average.

That last game between the Bs and Laffs will be huge.  If you count it as a Bs win, then Toronto only has 6 games left to make up that 3 points.  It's not going to be boring.  Unless you actually have to watch the Laffs.  That's pretty boring.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mebackagin. Show mebackagin's posts

Hand onto to your jocket shorts the leafs are on winning streak but they do not have the team to get higher than third spot in the overall rankings They're playing on guts and pride nothing else, when they do go on losing skid they will not be able to get out of it they will lose today to Pitts count on it!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Leafs are playing hard....they have nothing to lose and are just playing....when you don't have to think the game just falls in order...

I think the Leafs are determined to finish out of the bottom 3....that is their stanley cup playoffs...

I am not a leaf fan but they have been entertaining to watch...

I am scared of Atlanta...I think Philly may drop out...I am hoping for Pitt...but obviously we stand a better chance against Buffalo(who we will beat)

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

how about we go one day at a time? They had a tough game last night. They are playing Pittsburg today. Even if they win against Pittsburg, that still doesn't take them out of second to last place today.
    Posted by BadHabitude

One day at a time?  Good idea bad hab.  Maybe i'm panicking a little, but i sure could use a little positive reinforcement.