trade all the picks and caron for kovalchuk

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins8. Show bruins8's posts

trade all the picks and caron for kovalchuk

w dont need a 2nd tier player...we need kovalchuk...if w can trade and sign him long term id give anyone to atl....all the picks....anyone of roster except chara...hes better than anyone here..or any of those picks...hes 26 50 goal guy for next 5-8 yrs   now this season w have the ammo get him chia...u that disagree dont truly understand hockey.... 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from looooch17. Show looooch17's posts

Re: trade all the picks and caron for kovalchuk

the bs would have to give up some players too to squeeze kovalchuk in. salary cap unfortunately is the issue. and what if the bs give all this up to get kovalchuk and they cant resign him next season? then they would be out all those picks and players and we would have nothing.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

I'm tired of this false hope. I would love to see Kovalchuk come to Boston... but I have read all the arguments and the chances seem very slim. Let's move on...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins8. Show bruins8's posts

why is it false hope...did u ever picture chara here?  chia and savard know kovy very well  we have so many picks and players to put atl in positon 2 move him if he doesnt want to reisgn...its now or never for chia...he got all these picks for this reason..only....he said on weei that he would be willing to move the tor pick and possibly more for the right guy...expect the bs to be major players in this  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Heelsox. Show Heelsox's posts

Yeah. Destroy the franchise's future for a 3 month rental and a CHANCE to win the stanley cup. Not a guarentee, just a CHANCE...because Kovalchuk really only puts us on the level of the Penguins, Capitals, Blackhawks, etc...not head and shoulders above.

Patience patience patience...we're going to be very good for a very long time. Don't blow that up.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins8. Show bruins8's posts

no sign him before trading anyone...hes 26 1 of top 5 players in the game..u dont pass on him big mistake...if you have the pieces to get him..you do it

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pbergeron37. Show pbergeron37's posts

ive heard rumors hes negotiating a 10 year 100 mill deal....I wouldn't give him that I don't think

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

Kovalchuk is not walking thru those doors!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

Did you guys ear what kovalchuck said: « The olympics are more important than the Stanley cup!! ».

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins8. Show bruins8's posts

trade anyone excpet chara...  26 yr 50 goal guy....u do it

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from JefffromMaine. Show JefffromMaine's posts

In Response to trade all the picks and caron for kovalchuk:
    [QUOTE]w dont need a 2nd tier player...we need kovalchuk...if w can trade and sign him long term id give anyone to atl....all the picks....anyone of roster except chara...hes better than anyone here..or any of those picks...hes 26 50 goal guy for next 5-8 yrs   now this season w have the ammo get him chia...u that disagree dont truly understand hockey.... 
    Posted by bruins8[/QUOTE]

We dont have the 11 million per year in cap space that he is demanding.  Any trade for Kovalchuk is a rental at best.  He turned down 8.5 mil for 5 years and said that he wants 11 million for a 7-8 year deal.

Bruins in no way have that space.  Bergeron, Ryder, Wideman and the picks would all have to be moved to be able to fit that number under the cap.

Team still has to ink Chara to an extension after next season...wont be cheap.  Need to re-up Morris, or a suitable replacement after this season...wont be cheap.  Wheeler has arguably been the most consistent forward, other than Bergeron.  He'll get a raise as well.

Some teams can afford Kovalchuks demands, but the Bruins are not one of them.

Adding Kovalchuk does NOT make the Bruins the clear favorite.  And if your giving up what looks to be a top 3-5 pick, PLUS Jordan Caron and a couple other guys....you had BETTER be the favorite....considering that Kovalchuk is a clear RENTAL.

If you dont win the Cup, and you trade those pieces to get Kovie and he leaves....you have set the organization back 5 years.

Why?  Because you had to move useful pieces, plus picks and kids to get a guy who stays 2 months then leaves.

Not smart business at all.

Later

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins8. Show bruins8's posts

anyone that doesnt think kovy isnt worth the money is crazy

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davidorr. Show Davidorr's posts

I think i might be crazy then. People said the same thing about Yashin in his prime when he wanted out of Ottawa. Although i think Kovlachuck is waaaay more talented an offensive player and would give a choice of either testicle to see him in a Bruins uniform, the price to get him and the inordinate impact he would have on the teams cap are enough for me to hope the B's look elsewhere. If we weren't saddled with some of these four mill a year deals to these two mill a year players, maybe the Bruins could add an impact player, but I can't see anything of any significance happening until the draft meetings and subsequent free agency period following it.
    Hold on to the picks and hope Ryder and Sturm find a way. God knows their centers are talented enough where their excuses outside of unknown injuries are bull. I think what's needed is for the Bruins to install some mirrors in their respective  lockers.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Heelsox. Show Heelsox's posts

In Response to Re: trade all the picks and caron for kovalchuk:
    [QUOTE]anyone that doesnt think kovy isnt worth the money is crazy

Kovalchuk is a player worth breaking the bank IF you have the money no doubt...but do you really believe he should be the highest paid player in the NHL? He's elite, but should he really make more than Ovechkin, Crosby, and Malkin? Do you really want him taking up a FIFTH, yes a FIFTH of our salary cap for 10 years? That completely puts a grip on the franchise forever. I'd much much MUCH rather build from within than give Atlanta the asking price they want AND give Kovalchuk his price. We can pick up a player at the deadline or when the holiday freeze lifts for cheap, do that...and then the Bruins are in the perfect position of contending, but also rebuilding at the exact same time. Keep the picks, keep the young guys...profit for many many years to come. Be patient. The promise land is coming soon. We've got a great young core, with more great young players coming our way in Caron, Colbourne, etc. and we haven't even got into the 6 picks we have in the first two rounds this year. Life is good...relax.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

Keep the picks and the prospects. Let Kovalchuk go somewhere else.

I'd love to play cards with all of you posters. You would part with your money at the slightest bit of adversity.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

[QUOTE]trade anyone excpet chara...  26 yr 50 goal guy....u do it

Do this, you become Atlanta.  How's that working out for the Thrashin' birds?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

[QUOTE]anyone that doesnt think kovy isnt worth the money is crazy

Exactly.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins8. Show bruins8's posts

wrong we can keep at of core....because we have lots of high picks to swey atl....we sill can keep chara lucic sava rd krejci maybe bergy and rask  atl doesnt have this talent....u r so wrong about thAT.....how about tor and bos 1st rd picks with ryder or sturm o wheeler and mabye adman not chara and colborne for kovy...thats alot but ask urself r w better keeping them wout kovy or vise versa....of course its a steep price but hes the 2nd best pure  goal scorer behind ovchkin and hes 26 not 36   pay the money  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins8. Show bruins8's posts

atually atl is in playoffs as of today an 1 or 2 players away from being a serious threat.....but t answer your quesion boon would still have most of their core  because they can trade picks away then u dont resign ryder or surm thts 8 mil right there