TRADE IDEA.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from woodtick7. Show woodtick7's posts

TRADE IDEA.

How about Wideman, Begin,Sobtka and 2nd round pick for Whitney and Corvo.I don't know if the salaries would jive. This would improve a anemic power play and basically get rid of 3 useless players. Whitfield can provide the same thing Begin does and has at least 1 ounce of offensive skill. I feel Sobotka has been given enough time and i just don't see any improvement there.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

Re: TRADE IDEA.

Oh yeah. Carolina would be all over that deal. Sure they would...especially if you threw in Michael Ryder, too.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from woodtick7. Show woodtick7's posts

Why wouldn't they. Whitney is a ufa next year so they just resign him in the summer. So it becomes really a 4 for 1 deal with the Bruins unloading garbage.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinsfanforever. Show Bruinsfanforever's posts

Whitney is too old, do you want someone who only has one or two years left? Corvo is not that good either.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Whitney is a proven playoff guy and would be a perfect fit.  Problem is no one wants Wideman and Begin.  It would cost a lot more for those 2 than what you offered up.  Whitney is gonna attrack a lot of attention. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from woodtick7. Show woodtick7's posts

They would both help immensly on the power play and Corvo is bigger and better than Wideman. Look at what we really give up Wideman who everybody wants out and his contract. We also give up a couple of pieces of S#itt in Begin and Sobtaka. The most valuable piece may be the second rounder.

Corvo at least hits the net with his shot unlike Wideman and Morris who either miss the net or get there shots blocked. Whats up with Morris he never seems to get a shot through on the pp they all seem to get blocked.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

Why wouldn't they? Oh, I dunno....Woodtick said it himself: "It would get rid of 3 useless players."

This may come as a newsflash to some of you, but most NHL GM's don't trade for 1 useless player, let alone 3 of them*. They sure don't give up good players (even ones who are out of contract on July 1) for useless players; usually they find an offer that gives them something of fair value.

These "we give up nothing and receive guys who solve our problems" deals are hilarious, though, I'll give you that.

(*except for Rejean Houle)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Wideman is at his lowest point.  Trading low is never a good idea.

If you trade Begin and Sobotka and only get one forward in return, who fills the other spot?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from woodtick7. Show woodtick7's posts

Anybody with a pulse could replace Begin or Sobtka.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I could see Whitney but it's not going to take a ton of players more like a draft pick and maybe a prospect. Unfortunately were stuck with Ryder and Wideman. Dennis maybe but PC would get like a 4th or 5th rounder for him. It would be a dump.

I could see Sobotka going in a bigger deal but not for Whitney. Begin makes no sense because look how the Bruins have been w/o him and he's probably not needed by Carolina or any other team. IMO Begin nhas been doing a fine job at a very reasonable price.

Chances of Whitney landing here are very good though.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtassinarisoccer. Show jtassinarisoccer's posts

CAN WE PLEASE STOP THIS DAILY TRADE NONSENSE!!!!  None of you are qualified to make any suggestions...even though you may think you are

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from woodtick7. Show woodtick7's posts

Sandog did you get your info on Whitney from spectorshockey.net? He will probably land there. Seems like the rich get richer.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BuzzardBoots. Show BuzzardBoots's posts

Sobotka has been the only guy over the past two weeks who's willing to get nasty... he has been all over the ice; strong forechecking, hitting anything that moves.

He's not racking up points - neither is anyone else - but he's been putting in a full effort.  More than can be said for some of these guys.

As much as I hate to admit it, there's really no sense in trading away any of our younger players for a 2-month rental like Whitney.  A guy like that is not going to be enough to get the Bruins into the Finals (never mind win it) and I'd rather keep the young talent we have now instead of having to scramble in the off-season to re-fill the open spots.

The best option is to hold on to the young talent, hold on to the picks, and go nuts in the off-season and at the draft.  Scrub as much as you can from the cap number and sign a couple of free agents (giving up nothing).

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsFaninOntario. Show BruinsFaninOntario's posts

Kennedy97 - too funny man. That was hilarious. Best laugh I've had in a while. Thanks.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kurako. Show Kurako's posts

Begin is on a 1 year deal so his trade value is not terribly high.

I really don't see many teams wanting to pay Wideman 4.5m next year. Certainly not on current form. I really don't know what they can do with him. He needs time to sort out his game. I think its all mental and his confidence is shot. Would you put him through waivers and risk another team taking him while Bs pay half his wages?

http://nhlnumbers.com/overview.php?team=BOS&season=0910

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from grouse48. Show grouse48's posts

Here is a trade that really makes sense. Bring up all of Providence and send the Bruins down there for the rest of the season. Now that makes sense. In case you havent noticed this team has QUIT!!!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dhitch. Show dhitch's posts

Bostons problem is continuing to bring in half assed scorers.
    Ryder, Sturm, Paille, Satan, Whitney?...the list goes on and on. It solves NOTHING. Hell, I would trade all 4 of those mentioned above for one decent consistent goal scorer. Chiarelli must be smart enough to have discovered this by now.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

Which is why Chiarelli's probably going to wait until the deadline to do anything.  So that gives him a better and more complete look at his options, as to who's available and their talent level.  Which is the smart thing to do.

I think this team can hang around the bubble long enough for trade deadline help.

Sections
Shortcuts