Trade invovling Ryder Wideman and Hamill

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Trade invovling Ryder Wideman and Hamill

OK, I guess there's no stopping all this fantasy trade stupidity, but when people start talking about Ryder and Wideman and Hamill in these fantasy trades, it goes several steps beyond stupid.

Hamill is done.  Period.  All done.  He's not good enough for the AHL, why would he be in a discussion about the NHL?  Hamill is over with.  Finished.  Finito. Kaput.

And someone's going to let us cap dump on them for Ryder and/or Wideman??

Please.  Please people, if you insist on all this brain dead talk for fantasy trades, why aren't you talking about trading Ovechkin for Bobby Orr or something?  Or Jack Edwards for Versteeg?

If you must talk about fantasy trades, can't you even suggest ONE, just ONE that is some other GM wouldn't pee himself laughing at?  These guys aren't idiots, they do bargain hard, they know our players

why in the name of God do you think they would take our dead weight in exchange for a stud?

Please go trade your wife's 97 Corolla for a Porsche straight up and then get back to me and let me know how you swung that deal, ok?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

Re: Trade invovling Ryder Wideman and Hamill

COULD NOT AGREE MORE!!!!  AT LEAST SOMEONE IS THINKING!!!!

Also, badhabitude, if I may add, if a team is looking to trade a superstar (or any contributer for that matter), chances are they are trying to build for the future.  So why would they want guys already in their "prime" like Wideman and Ryder?

They wouldnt!  The Thrashers are giving up on the short-term, therefore , they have no use for guys over 28.  You dont sell at the deadline for aging players!  It makes no sense!  You sell at the deadline for prospects, picks and young players!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Badhab, Agreeing as well.  If there is a realistic trade, it is underperforming players for underperforming players.  Whitney is everbody's charm, but, what would a second round pick right before the draft bring?  Me thinks a lot more than a 37 year old who can score goals but does not like going into the corners. The Bruins team is in a funk.  If a trade is to be made, it should be after winning ten games in a row... no shootout wins either.  Keep the picks! Go Bruins!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbg1. Show dbg1's posts

"AT LEAST SOMEONE IS THINKING!!!!" 

Don't see too much of that on these message boards.  Although I don't always agree with him, Badhab usually right on. 

I guess some fantasy trade idiots honestly think that NHL managers are as stupid as they are.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

GM's can be pretty STUPID, just go back to the Thornton Trade, we took on 3 bums and trade the top scorer of the decade.

Trades sometimes look good or bad and sometimes reverse themselves(unlike the one above) but mostly they are dumps for nothing at this time of year under the cap system.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Vrabel500. Show Vrabel500's posts

Hey BadHabitude... What does that tell you that the Bruins have another TOP 10 BUST!

Outside the Top 2 or 3 picks i have ZERO FAITH the Bruins can draft a guy who can actually play.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Vrabel - it's not that unusual in this league, a stunning number of first round picks never make it.  This ain't the nfl or nba.  Go look at the draft history. 

David Legwand, ever hear of him?  Drafted second overall behind vinny Lecavalier and never played in the NHL.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from FEELTHEFUNK. Show FEELTHEFUNK's posts

"David Legwand, ever hear of him?  Drafted second overall behind vinny Lecavalier and never played in the NHL."

pretty sure he's Nashville's franchise leader in Goals AND assists, but ok never played in the NHL

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ViewFrom311. Show ViewFrom311's posts

BadHab, you started out so good, but your Legwand info was a little off...

This forum is like listening to WEEI and these guys who call up with Red Sox trades in which the Red Sox get a stud and send Julio Lugo the other way...

Wideman and Ryder will only be shipped off if one of the Bruins premium draft picks is part of the package as well...the other team has to actually recieve something when you make a trade...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

I hate to tell you badhab but you are premature in saying Hamill is done.I use Bobby Ryan as an example of a player who not long ago was considered a bust because he had yet to make impact even though Crosby and a number of other players in his draft(Crosby,Price,Brule,etc)had already become  established nhl players.The hockey news even ran an article saying he was a possible bust 2 seasons ago.We all know the player he has become.the fact was that Ryan was trying to make a much deeper duck team than his fellow draftees.now I am not saying Hamill will blossom but the same circumstance comes into play.Bostons depth at centre makes it harder for hamill but you can bet he would already have had his chance had he been drafted by a weaker team.I am just not willing to call a 21 year old player "finished".I could very well be wrong about this but I think we both hope I am right.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

funk, 311, dezaruchi et. al.

I will be able to read your post once I get done wiping the egg off my face from the Legwand thing...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

we all realize you know your stuff.Your judgement is just clouded by rage over the bruins inept play thus far. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

ok, ok, a slightly better example than Legwand would be Peter Taticek, 9th overall in 2002, 3 NHL games total.

Or Jack Skille, 7th overall in 2005 and 30 NHL games total so far with 5 goals.

Someone ought to compile a list of the first rounders that never made it, drafted spots 1-10.  There are billions of first round picks outside the top 10 that never made it.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

re: Hamill, from the times I've seen him, he doesn't seem to show anything at all.  This is a huge intangible, but a guy like Riendau, you can pick out little things about him that seem interesting, like that he's great in stick battles, there could be something there, but with Hamill, I just don't see anything with him that impresses me, that little spark that might show something is there.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from joeschmo25. Show joeschmo25's posts

hahahaha badhabitude i like your posts but the legwand thing is too funny.
    but this thread is right, we're not getting anything valuable with Ryder, that is unless he figures out how to use his stick again and can score a ridicolous amount of goals before the olympics break (if you believe that's possible i've got a bridge in brooklyn i'm trying to sell). A Kovalchuk trade would probably require something to the effect of Krejci, Brad Marchand, and our 2010 first rounder (hopefully a protected pick, or at least our choice whether we want to give up the pick this year or our 2011 pick- Calgary did this when they went to get Olli Jokinen, I think it's an idea at least worth trying). Wideman could maybe be traded as a cap dump, but it would have to be to a desperate borderline playoff team who needs a puck mover and is willing to bite on Wideman's potential, but even then the return wouldn't be big for us, it'd just be the cap relief. Keep in mind that trade would probably only go through if we could get Kovalchuk as a hope to resign him.
    But as long as teams are calling for Toronto's pick or Rask (which hopefully will stop or at least fall to a dull roar now that Chiarelli has made his proclamation) then I say we stay out of the blockbuster like trades.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from coachparker. Show coachparker's posts

BadHabitude: "David Legwand, ever hear of him?  Drafted second overall behind vinny Lecavalier and never played in the NHL."

GP       G         A       PTS

NHL Totals   674   151  247   398

LOL

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from felixwas. Show felixwas's posts

BadHabitude, you're joking: Edwards for Versteeg, straight up? Chicago won't go anywhere near trading for Edwards unless Andy Brickley is part of the deal. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from stingerjp. Show stingerjp's posts

Agreed on Hamill. Not going to make the team.  The Bruins depth at center is NOT keeping him off the team either.  EX: Sabotka played center for last month and was terribly AVERAGE to below average.  Zero offense and  yet Hamill still wasn't gonna get the call up.

Holding out hope that Wideman gets dealt.  His value is low right now but his young age and good tools do make him attractive to other teams.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Hamill is probably done, yes, though I continue to think he's not yet physically mature/strong enough to compete.  He's all about vision and anticipation, but until he can win a puck battle or two, those qualities mean nothing.

BadHab - Best examples that come to mind are the Rangers drafting Hugh Jessiman at #6 in one of the best drafts ever and the Oilers drafting Jason Bonsignore at #4, two picks before they got Ryan Smyth.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Hey vrabel,what about Bergeron,Lucic,Krejci,Stuart,to name a few bruins picks outside the top 3.I think they are all good players and solid draft picks.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsFaninOntario. Show BruinsFaninOntario's posts

Zach Hamill will be working at Jiffy Lube this time next year.

Sections
Shortcuts