Trade or ride our duo?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Trade or ride our duo?

Just a question as in the new year will be a hot topic on Causeway.
    I've been juggling this idea .
    In this free agency cap era no need to trade off in fear of loosing a player. Come trade deadline there will be a lot of players for rent and the Bruins will have to see their situation.
    I say RIDE baby RIDE them both all the way. We won't sign them both but lets think this year .
    I want a cup !!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from notacryingwino. Show notacryingwino's posts

Trade or ride our duo?

They have nothing to gain by making a trade right now. That being said if a top two defensemen became available at the cost of one of the goalies you might consider pulling the trigger. Other then that leave this team alone as they are truly a team that supports each other and could play no better.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PianosAreFun. Show PianosAreFun's posts

Trade or ride our duo?

I'd keep both goalies. The B's haven't had this kind of goaltending depth since Lemlin and Moog.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from cantabbruinsfan. Show cantabbruinsfan's posts

Trade or ride our duo?

Leave a good thing alone. Unless they have a time machine and contracts for Andy Moog.

Other than that I would stay put, and be ready for a good three game loosing streak at some point. Puts us right back in to the pack.

We are due.

Go B's

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from DallasSmith. Show DallasSmith's posts

Trade or ride our duo?

It should be interesting how things look near the trade deadline.I would like to keep both goalies but if the B's are still 1st in the East near the dead line then you may want to think about pulling the trigger and get an impact player to help solidify the playoff run.With Bergeron and Sturm healthy the forward lines are deep,without them I don't think we can realistically compete against the top 3 or 4 teams in the league[Detroit].

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ocram. Show ocram's posts

Trade or ride our duo?

keep them both, enjoy the ride bruins fans!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

Trade or ride our duo?

If you want to trade either Fernandez or Thomas, the return isn't going to be someone who'll help NOW, but for the future - youngsters and/or draft choices. Any team who wants to pick up one of them at the draft deadline is going to be on their own Cup drive, and won't be giving up anyone of immediate consequence.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from choclab511. Show choclab511's posts

Trade or ride our duo?

I've pondered this as well. On the one hand, why fix something that isn't broken. On the other hand, the market for goalies at the deadline is usually pretty thin. Someone on the cusp of making the playoffs might be willing to overpay for one of the two, and then we have Rask waiting in Provie. I wouldn't want to trade either one at the deadline, but what if someone makes us an offer we can't resist. And if so, what would that offer have to be for us to bite? We are definetely dealing from a position of strength.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Trade or ride our duo?

You'll be surprised ! Teams not making playoffs I agree would want young talent and draft choices but some teams in playoff hunt can be looking for goalies and the teams with injuries.

[Quote]If you want to trade either Fernandez or Thomas, the return isn't going to be someone who'll help NOW, but for the future - youngsters and/or draft choices. Any team who wants to pick up one of them at the draft deadline is going to be on their own Cup drive, and won't be giving up anyone of immediate consequence.

[/Quote]

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

Trade or ride our duo?

Now that fenandez has established hes a number 1 goalie again dont be surprised to see one go,
    Why you ask..well u cant afford both,,its my guess they will trade TT because of a lower salary, easier to trade and worth alot in return, and Rask is ready

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Trade or ride our duo?

I keep saying ride them both till the end.
    Which is the nbr1 one ? not too sure Manny is. They both made spectacular saves in their past two games.
    Now this is a problem that every team wants.

[Quote]
    Now that fenandez has established hes a number 1 goalie again dont be surprised to see one go,
    Why you ask..well u cant afford both,,its my guess they will trade TT because of a lower salary, easier to trade and worth alot in return, and Rask is ready
    [/Quote]

Sections
Shortcuts