Trade Targets?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from olsonstephanie. Show olsonstephanie's posts

Trade Targets?

We need something to boost this offense.

Erik Cole (Caro) cap hit $2.8M
    David Backes (St-Louis) cap hit $2.5M
    Petr Prucha (Phx) cap hit $1.1M

We need those teams to pick up one of our problems, but who?

All RW's

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rescue13457. Show rescue13457's posts

Re: Trade Targets?

I am a true Black and Goldd fan. I have been loyal to my BRUINS since 1967. Its been hard seeing I live in south Florida. Several times in the winter I come here and go to numerous games. I have seen them live play the Devils, Ottawa, Tampa, and now traveled to Montreal to see the worst game I ever saw. I have tickets ...also for Toronto then I will travel to Buffalo to Ovie on the 9th. My big question and please answer me honestly. The games I have seen Thomas he is just awful, he fights the puck, hes always out of postion, he constantly muffs the puck, he lets in soft shots. I want them to win the CUP so bad, more than anyone else!!!! That will never happen with Thomas in the pipes. RASK is so awsome and young and he is our future. Please true fane lets get behind RASK and lets blog the B's managemnet to trade Thomas while we can get a good forward for him.See More

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dhitch. Show dhitch's posts

I would recommend watching more games. Thomas' numbers have proven enough to give him a Vezina trophey, but haven't proven enough to you? Rask is good and young, yes, but so were Price and Mason, who have been terrible for the most part this year, and who's teams sure would benefit from having an able backup. Rask will get his shot. His time will come.

As for the first post, what about Marek Svatos in Colorado. A guy similar to kessel who needs a change of scenery and has shown impressive scoring ability.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rescue13457. Show rescue13457's posts

In Response to Re: Trade Targets?:
    I would recommend watching more games. Thomas' numbers have proven enough to give him a Vezina trophey, but haven't proven enough to you? Rask is good and young, yes, but so were Price and Mason, who have been terrible for the most part this year, and who's teams sure would benefit from having an able backup. Rask will get his shot. His time will come. As for the first post, what about Marek Svatos in Colorado. A guy similar to kessel who needs a change of scenery and has shown impressive scoring ability.
    Posted by dhitch

Big deal about last year, I am talking this year and have been to the last 5 games in a row and hes awful!!!!! Last year he played in front of a great team that he fed off of. Tonight was just pitiful and yes I was there in person, were you? The Canadian fans were cheering him and Julian to leave him in there. Also in the Ottawa game the Bruins outplayed them and Thomas let in 2 goals on 3 shots, then the softest of all with 33 seconds left for the tie. Hes awful and you have to know it. hes not worth anything they are paying him. Trade him for a forward as soon as possible before all the other teams get to see him. Carolina has Cole and they need some changes to.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

In Response to Re: Trade Targets? : Big deal about last year, I am talking this year and have been to the last 5 games in a row and hes awful!!!!! Last year he played in front of a great team that he fed off of. Tonight was just pitiful and yes I was there in person, were you? The Canadian fans were cheering him and Julian to leave him in there. Also in the Ottawa game the Bruins outplayed them and Thomas let in 2 goals on 3 shots, then the softest of all with 33 seconds left for the tie. Hes awful and you have to know it. hes not worth anything they are paying him. Trade him for a forward as soon as possible before all the other teams get to see him. Carolina has Cole and they need some changes to.
    Posted by rescue13457
    You just don't get it do ya?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Why would St, Louis trade us Backes...do you really feel like giving up Lucic for him...because thats what St. Louis would want...and probably more...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rescue13457. Show rescue13457's posts

Yes I get it, with Thomas lots of blow outs and no cup, without this idiot and a good trade we stand a chance. The players even respond to Rask, watch Rask when the Bruins score a goal and hes on the bench, he goes crazy and the team loves it. Rask has a ton of energy and he needs some gromming. Hes not good with the puck behind the net, but he does recover and has not let one in yet. So ya I get it, do you?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from east-westBsfan. Show east-westBsfan's posts

Why would St, Louis trade us Backes...do you really feel like giving up Lucic for him...because thats what St. Louis would want...and probably more...
    Posted by shuperman

In that case they can keep him. I would'nt want to take him away from their cup run and only give them Lucic. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PAULICAS1975. Show PAULICAS1975's posts

So RESCUE13457. You are trying to tell me that when the B's go 0-8 on the power play and dont score more then 1 goal it must be Thomas fault???. Let me guess. Yes Thomas lets in some soft goals, BUT what goalie doesn't?? Brodeur, Roy, Price, Mason, Giguere, Fuhr, Lundqvist, Ward to name a few goalies have let in soft goals. How about  we  blame the offense a bit more then Thomas? No matter what Thomas is a Bruin for the next 3 years, so please enough with the Thomas bashing. For once people bash the offense for not scoring goals. Sturm makes over $3 million, Ryder $4 million, Bergeron $5 million, Krejci over $3 million, Chara $7 million, Wideman $4 million how about we bash these guys for not scoring goals???  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

Yes I get it, with Thomas lots of blow outs and no cup, without this idiot and a good trade we stand a chance. The players even respond to Rask, watch Rask when the Bruins score a goal and hes on the bench, he goes crazy and the team loves it. Rask has a ton of energy and he needs some gromming. Hes not good with the puck behind the net, but he does recover and has not let one in yet. So ya I get it, do you?
    Posted by rescue13457
    He's a rookie, he needs grooming. Do you think it would be wise to pull a bob gainey?????

The bruins have the perfect opportunity to bring up this kid (the right way). This could be the best duo in hockey and you suggest they throw that away?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from east-westBsfan. Show east-westBsfan's posts

In Response to Re: Trade Targets? : He's a rookie, he needs grooming. Do you think it would be wise to pull a bob gainey????? The bruins have the perfect opportunity to bring up this kid (the right way). This could be the best duo in hockey and you suggest they throw that away?
    Posted by pauly1

Well said, pauly.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rescue13457. Show rescue13457's posts

In Response to Re: Trade Targets? : He's a rookie, he needs grooming. Do you think it would be wise to pull a bob gainey????? The bruins have the perfect opportunity to bring up this kid (the right way). This could be the best duo in hockey and you suggest they throw that away?
    Posted by pauly1

Do you realize Thomas has been stinking and losing games for the B's. In 2007 I went to every game against Montreal, he can't win the big ones and when the B's had the offense to  back him. No goalie lets in as many softy's as Thomas and the team is awful offensively as you say and they get a big let down and can't recover. You can see it in their attiude and play. Its like why bother Thomas will let in all the softies. He looks likes hes making great saves sometimes but hes flopping around and luckily the puck hits him. The key with Thomas is shoot the puck low as hes always flopping 6 inches off the ice. Trade him now while he will bring a a good offensive player. Rask is great and will be better with play and not watching the clown on the ice.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from east-westBsfan. Show east-westBsfan's posts

In Response to Re: Trade Targets? : Do you realize Thomas has been stinking and losing games for the B's. In 2007 I went to every game against Montreal, he can't win the big ones and when the B's had the offense to  back him. No goalie lets in as many softy's as Thomas and the team is awful offensively as you say and they get a big let down and can't recover. You can see it in their attiude and play. Its like why bother Thomas will let in all the softies. He looks likes hes making great saves sometimes but hes flopping around and luckily the puck hits him. The key with Thomas is shoot the puck low as hes always flopping 6 inches off the ice. Trade him now while he will bring a a good offensive player. Rask is great and will be better with play and not watching the clown on the ice.
    Posted by rescue13457

Yeah, and he looked horrible on the 5 on 3 two minute power play when it was only 1-0.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

In Response to Re: Trade Targets? : Where are you defending this crappy goalie named Tim Thomas? Hes a bum!!!! I love my Bruins and yes there are problems elsewhere. Do you go to any of the games? Live he stinks like a crap pile. The team has a lot of problems, so lets start with the biggest one Tim the loser Thomas. When rask is in the net the team responds. I was at the Devils and the Bruins didn't show up to that game at all. Check the stats they had 2 shots in period 1 and Rask kept them in the game. The second period wasn't any better they had 5 shots. The devils should have won that game 10-0 and if Thomas was in net they would have. The Bruins came out to play in the third and had a chance to win and at least tied it. Rask was unreal. However he needs work in the shootouts. Speaking of shootouts I was shocked at who Julian puts in the shootouts. But thats another problem. I want to win and I love the Bruins. Thomas is a complate dud. The opposite happened in the Senators game. The Bruins killed them in play. The Sens had 3 shots in period and Thomas let in 2 soft goals my grandmother could have stopped. He was out of position all night long. My sister who sees 2-3 games a year and wasa at the game with me, stated "Boy does Thomas stink." And I ask why don't you see this? Are you blind to this idiot? Thomas has to go!!!!!!!!!!!!! Look at this big hole Camarelli saw and scored on, Teams know this, This was Canadians 3rd goal. Get rid of this BUM!!!
    Posted by rescue13457

Yeah- and it was a great pass fron Hunwick, who like the rest of the Boston D played like they were on the Montreal payroll-they all $UCKED, and hung TT out to dry.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from epavao. Show epavao's posts

I am a true Black and Goldd fan. I have been loyal to my BRUINS since 1967. Its been hard seeing I live in south Florida. Several times in the winter I come here and go to numerous games. I have seen them live play the Devils, Ottawa, Tampa, and now traveled to Montreal to see the worst game I ever saw. I have tickets ... also for Toronto then I will travel to Buffalo to Ovie on the 9th. My big question and please answer me honestly. The games I have seen Thomas he is just awful, he fights the puck, hes always out of postion, he constantly muffs the puck, he lets in soft shots. I want them to win the CUP so bad, more than anyone else!!!! That will never happen with Thomas in the pipes. RASK is so awsome and young and he is our future. Please true fane lets get behind RASK and lets blog the B's managemnet to trade Thomas while we can get a good forward for him. See More
    Posted by rescue13457

100% correct - fabtboy is awful. Anytime he makes a great save is because he is way out of position. His great saves are routine saves for any other average goalie in the league. Another performance like last night and his trade will be half a dozen used pucks.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from rescue13457. Show rescue13457's posts

In Response to Re: Trade Targets? : Yeah- and it was a great pass fron Hunwick, who like the rest of the Boston D played like they were on the Montreal payroll-they all $UCKED, and hung TT out to dry.
    Posted by JWensink

Apparently you didn't watch the game???? This was the 3rd goal and Thomas had let the team down and they played like crap for him. If you Don't know the Canadians history this year, "they are bad." Toronto recently beat them in Montreal 3-0, Buffalo beat them 6-2 the night before. The Canadians had to be at the Belle Center that night at 5 PM for the 100 year show they put on. You could see them frustrated on the bench sitting watching it. They were primed to fail for the Bruins who came out playing good till stinky let all the goals then they fell apart. Even Chara was awful and how many times can ya say that?? They finally played like a team when Rask came out. The Canadian fans were upset and kept chanting "put Thomas back in Julian, he was our best player tonight." I hope Julian got the message and its the last of this bum and his 5 million dollar contract. By the way did you vote for Obama, global warming and health care? Seems most you Thomas supporters are real nuts!!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from olsonstephanie. Show olsonstephanie's posts

Thomas and Rask will be our duo this year.  They are the best part of this team.  Next year Rask gets 55 starts.  NEXT year.

Let's not get off topic !!  Who is out there that could be a "cheap" offensive boost?  Marek Svatos makes $2.3M.  Cole makes about the same.  Both are RW that would love a new change of scenery. 

They would love Boston's high picks in return (they won't get the Toronto 2010 pick, I know) -- but would either of these teams take one of our big salaries?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from misterpaulo. Show misterpaulo's posts

Thomas couldn't make the big save when needed last night and the poor play snowballed from TT's crease.  He makes routine saves look challenging and has let in way too many softies for my liking.  The bigger problem is nobody will take him with that contract so we are stuck with him.  This will be the same situation that the Ducks are in.  Backup making double or triple of what the starter should make.  Regardless, you got to play the better goalie.  No sense following one mistake (Thomas's contract), with another (playing him like he is our starter).

Vezina and last years stats aside, this season Thomas is not in the top half for starting goalies. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from rescue13457. Show rescue13457's posts

Thomas and Rask will be our duo this year.  They are the best part of this team.  Next year Rask gets 55 starts.  NEXT year. Let's not get off topic !!  Who is out there that could be a "cheap" offensive boost?  Marek Svatos makes $2.3M.  Cole makes about the same.  Both are RW that would love a new change of scenery.  They would love Boston's high picks in return (they won't get the Toronto 2010 pick, I know) -- but would either of these teams take one of our big salaries?
    Posted by olsonstephanie

You have to be blind to state Thomas is the best part of this team. He stinks trade him now before the rest of the league seeshim in any more action. I was around for the Cheevers and Johnston era, and Johnston stunk up the ice te same as Thomas does. The bruins are now repeating the same mistake. At least then they had the goal scorers to win almost every night. When they did trade Johnston they didn't get anything, lets not repeat.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from rescue13457. Show rescue13457's posts

Thomas couldn't make the big save when needed last night and the poor play snowballed from TT's crease.  He makes routine saves look challenging and has let in way too many softies for my liking.  The bigger problem is nobody will take him with that contract so we are stuck with him.  This will be the same situation that the Ducks are in.  Backup making double or triple of what the starter should make.  Regardless, you got to play the better goalie.  No sense following one mistake (Thomas's contract), with another (playing him like he is our starter). Vezina and last years stats aside, this season Thomas is not in the top half for starting goalies. 
    Posted by misterpaulo

You are so right, Thomas flops around and flies in the air making all the routine stops look spectacular. When you see him live he is such a bum. Hes constantly to the left of the right pipe, like he has no idea where he is. His legs are always wide open and the Canadians smelled blood last night. This is a Montreal team with no spirit and plays just plain flat. They still beat Thomas the joke. Keep playing Thomas and lets kiss another season goodbye in December. You die hard Thomas fans, remember where we are now in the standings when we start sinking to the bottom. Toronto may even pass us with Kessel and that would be so seet to prove you all wrong about this joke between the pipes you call Thomas.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitaad. Show kitaad's posts

If your looking for a trade, the smartest choise would be Chara . lets try and get Shea Webber from Nashville. THEN USE A PLAYER AND ONE OUR NUMBER ONE PICKS and try to get semin or kovachuk

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from rescue13457. Show rescue13457's posts

If your looking for a trade, the smartest choise would be Chara . lets try and get Shea Webber from Nashville. THEN USE A PLAYER AND ONE OUR NUMBER ONE PICKS and try to get semin or kovachuk
    Posted by kitaad

You could trade for the best players in the league and the facts remain the same, Thomas is the worst goalie in the NHL right now. He will stink with whoever you trade for. Get Thomas traded whatever it takes and then evaluate the rest of the team and go from there. You can't keep this hole in the net. If the ocean was flodding your home are you gonna worry about a leaky faucet?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Canbostondoit. Show Canbostondoit's posts

I would agree that Thomas did have a bad game, he is hot and cold , his rebounds are high and he seem be off and  gotten to emotional last night and I was happy they took him out before the crowd ate him alive. Every player has a bad game The whole team last night were way off, how many times did Chara cough up the puck, the team was way out tune last night. But I guarantee most teams score with 5 on 3 power play, Savard is great center man(personally top five) and  plays with his HEART. I am a Canadian Bruins Fan and very angry that he is not selected to go play for Team Canada. (a) Boston will need to pick up a sniper ASAP via trade and (b) next draft they will have a great choice on who to pick. Just because we have a bad game it is not the end of the world and Montreal knew they had to win that game or they would never hear the end of it from their selfish stuck up fans. Price played well and Montreal got the breaks it is that simple.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from rescue13457. Show rescue13457's posts

I would agree that Thomas did have a bad game, he is hot and cold , his rebounds are high and he seem be off and  gotten to emotional last night and I was happy they took him out before the crowd ate him alive. Every player has a bad game The whole team last night were way off, how many times did Chara cough up the puck, the team was way out tune last night. But I guarantee most teams score with 5 on 3 power play, Savard is great center man(personally top five) and  plays with his HEART. I am a Canadian Bruins Fan and very angry that he is not selected to go play for Team Canada. (a) Boston will need to pick up a sniper ASAP via trade and (b) next draft they will have a great choice on who to pick. Just because we have a bad game it is not the end of the world and Montreal knew they had to win that game or they would never hear the end of it from their selfish stuck up fans. Price played well and Montreal got the breaks it is that simple.
    Posted by Canbostondoit

Thomas is an awful goalie and has many bad games, the team played awful cuz Thomas let in soft goals, he was simply awful, the team knows it and play the same way. How else do you explain everyone not caring in front of him. The crowd did eat him alive and spit him out. They chanted the whole second period, Thomas is our best player tonight." The Canadains were so flat to, they were required to be there at 5 pm for the ceremonies and were all frustrated. This game was the Bruins to take. They won or tied their last 7, Canadians lost 5 in a row. Thomas is awful and everyone but you Mass people seem to know this, thats why hes not in the Olympics, unlike  Boston team USA wants to win.  Have no idea whats up with Bruins Ownership to keep this moron.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kurako. Show Kurako's posts

Hey rescue13457,

You keep saying Thomas is awful, trade him while he you can still get a good player in return.

If he's as bad as you say, what GM would accept such a one-sided trade? I suppose we just need to hope that there is someone somewhere who does not share your insight.

Can anyone name a goalie in the league that has not had an off night this season? The biggest problem all year has been lack of goals and an inept power play. This team needs to find some scoring from somewhere but losing Thomas to end up with Sabourin as back up to Rask is hardly the answer.

Sections
Shortcuts