trade to be announced today

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from sclifton-4-freespeech. Show sclifton-4-freespeech's posts

trade to be announced today

just read on tsn. the trade has been set and mangement is signing off on it as i write this, basically we were forced to make it happen with toronto.
    i dont what you guys think but i think RFA's have way too much power for being young players.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BackBaconBruin. Show BackBaconBruin's posts

Re: trade to be announced today

I read the same thing sclifton...
    the word is either 2 firsts a second for Kess and the B's 3rd.... i heard this on the Fan590 radio station in Toronto about 1/2 hour ago...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BackBaconBruin. Show BackBaconBruin's posts

or a potential 3 way with the Rangers...... Burke is the type of guy to broker a sofisticated deal like that...

BBB

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BackBaconBruin. Show BackBaconBruin's posts

http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=291601

link to article...

BBB

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Eklund says

No Kessel Deal With Toronto

Imminent

Geez, everybody on the planet except Eklund.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Big-Bad-Bruins91. Show Big-Bad-Bruins91's posts

And the saga comes to an expected conclusion.

Quite frankly, I would have liked to see something that would have an immediate impact on our franchise for Kess.

But good riddance.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

I am not the most informed of Bruins fans.  Nonetheless, if there is a trade to Nashville wouldn't the Bruins wait until Burke (Toronto GM) signs him to an offer sheet.  Then the Bruins could match and send him to Nashville.  Burke is not a stupid man, so he will understand Kessel does not want to be in Nashville.  His trade position with Chiarelli is enhanced by Kessel's inclination.  I would like some insight on that thought!  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from fp4778. Show fp4778's posts

In Response to Re: trade to be announced today:
    I am not the most informed of Bruins fans.  Nonetheless, if there is a trade to Nashville wouldn't the Bruins wait until Burke (Toronto GM) signs him to an offer sheet.  Then the Bruins could match and send him to Nashville.  Burke is not a stupid man, so he will understand Kessel does not want to be in Nashville.  His trade position with Chiarelli is enhanced by Kessel's inclination.  I would like some insight on that thought!  
    Posted by islamorada

Under the CBA the Bruins are not permitted to trade him in the first year of the contract if they match an offer sheet.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from GillesGilbert. Show GillesGilbert's posts

I would have liked to see something that would have an immediate impact on our franchise for Kess. Posted by Big-Bad-Bruins91

Me too but I think it is a pretty safe bet that if the Bruins only receive draft picks for Kessel that they will trade draft picks to another team for a roster player before the 09-10 trade deadline.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruWingFan. Show BruWingFan's posts

Update:

Darren Dreger reports it as a done deal. The Leafs are waiting on Kessel's signing of the contract to complete the trade.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=291601

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonsportsfan2217. Show bostonsportsfan2217's posts

Who will we get in the end?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsfan084evr. Show bruinsfan084evr's posts

at least with the joe thornton trade we got strum ,,man this trade with burke sounds like a stinker to me draft picks for  a 50 goal scorer ,,the distuction of the pc area has started(1)  signing of morris(2)no kessel

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BackBaconBruin. Show BackBaconBruin's posts

at least with the joe thornton trade we got strum ,,man this trade with burke sounds like a stinker to me draft picks for  a 50 goal scorer ,,the distuction of the pc area has started(1)  signing of morris(2)no kessel    
    Posted by bruinsfan084evr

Indeed Kessel has the talent to be a 50 goal player in this league.....however, have a quick peek at the (and i say this loosely) top forwards on this leaf team....
    mark my words Kess will be lucky to get 30 goals even if he plays the full 82 games. If the rumours are true & the B's will pick up a couple of 1sts and a 2nd for Kess & a 3rd...with the B's track records for drafting LATELY - we will be stocked for many years to come...
    bye bye Kess & good luck

BBB

Sections
Shortcuts