Trade was Rask for Andrew Raycroft!!!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Canadianfan6. Show Canadianfan6's posts

Trade was Rask for Andrew Raycroft!!!!!

Who was the Bruin GM who pulled that off?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from notrolls. Show notrolls's posts

Re: Trade was Rask for Andrew Raycroft!!!!!

In Response to Trade was Rask for Andrew Raycroft!!!!!:
    Posted by Canadianfan6
    Interim GM Jeff Gorton

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Clyde-Fitch. Show Clyde-Fitch's posts

General managerAppointmentDeparture
    Art Ross19241954
    Lynn Patrick19541965
    Hap Emms19651967
    Milt Schmidt19671972
    Harry Sinden19722000
    Harry Sinden and Mike O'Connell20002001
    Mike O'Connell20012006
    Jeff Gorton (Interim)20062006
    Peter Chiarelli2006Present

Chiarelli was hired May 26, 2006 and Tuukka was aquired June 26th... but I think that Chiarelli was "still evaluating"

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from notrolls. Show notrolls's posts

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeff_Gorton

The one transaction Gorton will likely be remembered for is the trade that sent goaltender Andrew Raycroft to the Toronto Maple Leafs at the 2006 NHL Entry Draft for goalie prospect Tuukka Rask. [1] Raycroft was coming off a subpar season and his two-year stint in Toronto would prove disastrous, with the Leafs buying him out of the final year of his contract. [2] Rask, meanwhile, had been selected in the first round of the 2005 NHL Entry Draft by Toronto and now is arguably the most promising goalie prospect in hockey.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

Hey Burkie, got any more trades you want to make? Not that you have anything anyone wants, but make us an offer.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from stillallbost08. Show stillallbost08's posts

without a doubt PC was the man behind this trade. There is no way he or the bruins management would let an interim gm make a trade on his own just like they wouldn't let him hire a coach. PG was just the man in the seat, doing what the new GM was not technically allowed to do.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from notrolls. Show notrolls's posts

In Response to Re: Trade was Rask for Andrew Raycroft!!!!!:
    without a doubt PC was the man behind this trade. There is no way he or the bruins management would let an interim gm make a trade on his own just like they wouldn't let him hire a coach. PG was just the man in the seat, doing what the new GM was not technically allowed to do.
    Posted by stillallbost08

Who's PG?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from stillallbost08. Show stillallbost08's posts

In Response to Re: Trade was Rask for Andrew Raycroft!!!!! : Who's PG?
    Posted by notrolls

My bad...I meant JG. I hope you can figure it out now

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from notrolls. Show notrolls's posts

In Response to Re: Trade was Rask for Andrew Raycroft!!!!! : My bad...I meant JG. I hope you can figure it out now
    Posted by stillallbost08

Understandable, the P and J keys are pretty close.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Canadianfan6. Show Canadianfan6's posts

I It is Parry Sound          n Response to Re: Trade was Rask for Andrew Raycroft!!!!!:
    Hey Burkie, got any more trades you want to make? Not that you have anything anyone wants, but make us an offer.
    Posted by perrysound

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from whitbomb. Show whitbomb's posts

Thankyou Toronto...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Posted by perrysound

Parry Sound not Perry is the home of Bobby Orr

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Canadianfan6. Show Canadianfan6's posts

IGo Bruins n Response to Re: Trade was Rask for Andrew Raycroft!!!!!:
    Thankyou Toronto...
    Posted by whitbomb

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Raskman. Show Raskman's posts

Gordon made the trade.  PC was not to do anything on behalf of the Bruins therefore he could not be negotiating with Toronto.  If he was, that would be tampering and I think Toronto would have had no problems blowing the whistle.  Give Gordon his due.  It's his only claim to fame.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from stillallbost08. Show stillallbost08's posts

Gordon made the trade.  PC was not to do anything on behalf of the Bruins therefore he could not be negotiating with Toronto.  If he was, that would be tampering and I think Toronto would have had no problems blowing the whistle.  Give Gordon his due.  It's his only claim to fame.
    Posted by Raskman

Gordon was the frontman because for PC...but PC was most certainly the man that gave the ok for the trade. There is no way that an incoming gm would allow an interim gm to trade away players without his say so.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Raskman. Show Raskman's posts

In Response to Re: Trade was Rask for Andrew Raycroft!!!!! : Gordon was the frontman because for PC...but PC was most certainly the man that gave the ok for the trade. There is no way that an incoming gm would allow an interim gm to trade away players without his say so.
    Posted by stillallbost08

Don't kid yourself, that deal was OKed by the puppet masters from above.  PC may have gotten a call about the deal, but it was already done.  Raycroft was on his way out because he spoke out against the Thorton deal and held out for more money.  Two sins in Boston.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Its an interesting story because i just looked up the other day PC was techincally hired in May 2006 but didnt take office until July 1st...the Rask Trade was June 24th, 1 week before PC took office... to me, PC had to of been involved...you just dont go trading your starting goalie at the time (Raycroft) one week before PC takes office without him knowing about it...what his involvement was, we will never know because technically it would of been a violation because he was still under contract with Ottawa....
    Posted by morphosis1974

I am positive, positive that the deal was that PC would start July 1, but I recall that the Sens let him go earlier, I think it was just 2 weeks.  I can't find it in print anywhere, but I am sure I remember him starting earlier than July 1.   Bruins web site says he started July 8.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Raskman. Show Raskman's posts

In Response to Re: Trade was Rask for Andrew Raycroft!!!!! : I am positive, positive that the deal was that PC would start July 1, but I recall that the Sens let him go earlier, I think it was just 2 weeks.  I can't find it in print anywhere, but I am sure I remember him starting earlier than July 1.   Bruins web site says he started July 8.
    Posted by BadHabitude

The Sens would not let him go until after the free agent frenzy had calmed down.  So the 8th sounds right.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from wil39. Show wil39's posts

I think the year they Bruins traded Raycroft for Rask was the same year that Savy and Chara signed at like 12:01 as soon as the signings could be made. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jacobspleasesell. Show jacobspleasesell's posts

In Response to Trade was Rask for Andrew Raycroft!!!!!:
    Posted by Canadianfan6

I don't know, but right about now it makes the Great Train Robbery look like a little kid stealing a pack of gum at the local store. Greatest trade since the Cam Neely deal.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In Response to Re: Trade was Rask for Andrew Raycroft!!!!! : The Sens would not let him go until after the free agent frenzy had calmed down.  So the 8th sounds right.
    Posted by Raskman

OK, I might be wrong on the dates, but I am certain that the Sens agreed to let him go earlier than what was originally agreed upon.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from notrolls. Show notrolls's posts

Well, regardless of who made the actual trade, it was a steal and I'm glad they did it.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from yep123. Show yep123's posts

A definite steal in that trade, a little early yet put has the likings to the Barry Peterson-Neely swap!!!!

The #2 pick in the draft this year & their first rounder next year will also be a steal over the years as shinny hockey star Kessel will never lead a team to a Cup...similar to Joey T out in San Jose & was shipped out for the same reason!!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Raskman. Show Raskman's posts

The easiest solution is the most likely one.  Isn't it possible that the interm GM that is credited with making the deal actually made the deal?  Raycroft was 3rd on the depth chart at that point and was blacklisted by all levels of management.  It's more likely that they were moving him before a new GM had a chance to keep him.

The Bruins scouting department had Tuukka rated in the top 5 in his draft year.  That means that Rask was on the radar way before PC was even in the picture.  Here's an article from that draft:

http://www.boston.com/sports/hockey/bruins/articles/2006/06/25/raycroft_dealt_to_toronto/?page=1

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from stillallbost08. Show stillallbost08's posts

The easiest solution is the most likely one.  Isn't it possible that the interm GM that is credited with making the deal actually made the deal?  Raycroft was 3rd on the depth chart at that point and was blacklisted by all levels of management.  It's more likely that they were moving him before a new GM had a chance to keep him. The Bruins scouting department had Tuukka rated in the top 5 in his draft year.  That means that Rask was on the radar way before PC was even in the picture.  Here's an article from that draft: http://www.boston.com/sports/hockey/bruins/articles/2006/06/25/raycroft_dealt_to_toronto/?page=1
    Posted by Raskman

Was JG also interviewing coaching candidates?  I blame him for not hiring someone before PC had the chance to hire Lewis.

Sections
Shortcuts