Trade Wideman for Kaberle?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Canbostondoit. Show Canbostondoit's posts

Trade Wideman for Kaberle?

Trade Wideman and Marchand(other prospect) to convince Toronto to give us Kaberle.
    Wait till Savard and Lucic returns then make a trade for goal scorer if needed.

Chara Morris
    Kaberle Hunwick
    Stuart Ference (Boychuk)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mutant211. Show Mutant211's posts

Re: Trade Wideman for Kaberle?

Kaberle has a no-trade clause that kicked in on July 1st, I believe. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boston-kyle. Show Boston-kyle's posts

Trade Wideman for a turkey club with bacon...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bobby774. Show bobby774's posts

Yeah I've been saying this for a long time, His good production last year was due to the team going good, Wideman is not that good, He's terrible in his own end, In the offensive zone he never get the shot thru, amd when he does he misses wide very wide he's name fits him in this regaurd. If we can pond him off i say do it, And oh yeah we happened to give up ANOTHER goal scorer in Boyes to get Denis "the Menace" Wideman.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonsports14. Show bostonsports14's posts

That trade makes no sense.  Our defense has been fine, theres no reason to mess with it.  We need a pure scorer.  I thought signing Krecji was the better move because hes the better overall player but it appears the B's miss Kessel more than anyone thought they would.  Savard and Lucic coming back isnt going to make that much of a difference, neither of them is a scorer, sure the Power Play might improve when Savard is back, but until they bring in a forward that can score, the Bruins will continue treading water.

In Response to Trade Wideman for Kaberle?:
    [QUOTE]Trade Wideman and Marchand(other prospect) to convince Toronto to give us Kaberle. Wait till Savard and Lucic returns then make a trade for goal scorer if needed. Chara Morris Kaberle Hunwick Stuart Ference (Boychuk)
    Posted by Canbostondoit[/QUOTE]

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from saultont. Show saultont's posts

The way he is playing and that exorbitant contract the chance of dumping him is next to nil....right now Wideman couldn't crack the line-up of a pick up team from an old age home....Trade him...dream on! Wideman for Boyes almost as good as Versteeg for Bochumpski !

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsFaninOntario. Show BruinsFaninOntario's posts

In Response to Trade Wideman for Kaberle?:
    [QUOTE]Trade Wideman and Marchand(other prospect) to convince Toronto to give us Kaberle. Wait till Savard and Lucic returns then make a trade for goal scorer if needed. Chara Morris Kaberle Hunwick Stuart Ference (Boychuk)
    Posted by Canbostondoit[/QUOTE]

The prospect would have to be pretty substantial, because Kaberle has been very good and, well, Wideman, not so much. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from roydelaney. Show roydelaney's posts

"Our defense has been fine?"  Are you watching the games?  We have had some horrible turn-overs in our end almost every game that result in goals.  Wideman looks completely uncomfortable out there.  Last years goal scoring was a fluke.  He was given all the time in the world last year to shoot.  When he's under pressure, he can't hit the broad side of a barn.   But he "hopes" he's going to get better...  Yeah, that will work.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from s2e42o. Show s2e42o's posts

In Response to Re: Trade Wideman for Kaberle?:
    [QUOTE]Trade Wideman for a turkey club with bacon...
    Posted by Boston-kyle[/QUOTE]

HAHAHAHA!!  Hell, I'd even throw in Sturm for some cheddar cheese on that.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pezell04x. Show Pezell04x's posts

No one wants Wideman. The guy can't fricken skate backwards!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Believe1. Show Believe1's posts

[QUOTE]No one wants Wideman. The guy can't fricken skate backwards!!
    Posted by Pezell04x[/QUOTE]
    Well looks like we're stuck with him.  Can we use him for shooting practice and then put him on the IR list?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from michaelf101. Show michaelf101's posts

Boyes last 2yrs GOALS 43 - 33 total 76 GOALS. Kessel 19 - 36 total 55 GOALS.That is a combined 131 GOALS over 2yrs gone. We have Wideman draft picks and a lot of losses.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonsports14. Show bostonsports14's posts

[QUOTE]Boyes last 2yrs GOALS 43 - 33 total 76 GOALS. Kessel 19 - 36 total 55 GOALS.That is a combined 131 GOALS over 2yrs gone. We have Wideman draft picks and a lot of losses.
    Posted by michaelf101[/QUOTE]

This assessment is ludacris.  The team is relatively unchanged from last year and let me guess.  You were on the bandwagon then, but now after a little adversity you want wholesale changes and to go back and undo the Wideman deal.  Wideman is in a class of defensemen in the league that you need to have.  He's a puck moving defenseman which is what every team wants, and for the money we pay him (you guys call it exborbitant) he makes $4 million this year.  That is a bargain compared to guys like Brian Campbell ($7 million) Scott Neidermeyer ($7 million), Dan Boyle ($6.8 million), Brian Rafalski ($6 million).  Wideman doesn't even crack the top 30 highest paid players.  I will agree hes in a funk right now, but to say hes overpaid is foolish.  He will turn it around.

The answer for this Bruins team is to package some of these draft picks we acquired and turn them into tangible pieces right now.  They moved Kobasew basically to free up some cap space. 

Guys the Bruins should look at if they can make the dollars work:
    Patrick Marleau (2010 UFA)
    Olli Jokinen (2010 UFA)
    Ilya Kovalchuck - (2010 UFA - if hes not signed to an extension before that)

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from roydelaney. Show roydelaney's posts

Wideman is horrible.  He has never been good.  He really wasn't any better last year.  He had more time to shoot and he took a ton of shots, most of which still missed the net.  Teams have figured out that if you pressure Wideman, he misses the net or gives away the puck because he plays scared.  When you say "puck moving defenseman" it should mean passing to a team mate.  He is a complete waste of money.  Play Boychuk.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from stingerjp. Show stingerjp's posts

Kaberle has been playing way better than DW, and recently said he wants to stay in Tor.

If Burke is willing, i'd love to see this deal but i really doubt it will even be discussed by the GM's

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

[QUOTE]Kaberle has been playing way better than DW, and recently said he wants to stay in Tor. If Burke is willing, i'd love to see this deal but i really doubt it will even be discussed by the GM's
    Posted by stingerjp[/QUOTE]
    Considering that Burke wanted Kessel and the Bruins' first round pick for Kaberle at the draft, if this trade happened I would expect Chiarelli to show up at the press conference with a couple of white tigers.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Canbostondoit. Show Canbostondoit's posts

It was the other way around Kessel for Kaberle and a 1st round pick. This is what cause a miss communication and the deal was close.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

The miscommunication was that Chiarelli thought the first-round pick in question was Boston getting Toronto's, while Burke thought it was Toronto getting Boston's.  That was my understanding.
    Once they realized how far off they were, the whole thing got scrubbed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Canbostondoit. Show Canbostondoit's posts

How old is Kaberle? We could persue some younger d men out their in the NHL .

Sections
Shortcuts