trade with calgary likely/possible soon, also more on whiteny

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsCupiN09. Show bruinsCupiN09's posts

trade with calgary likely/possible soon, also more on whiteny

boston bruins talking to calgary. says here that bruins are interested in dion phanuef. they trade may not involve dion as murphy never tweeted specific player names. but it does say that they are interested. 
    http://www.hendrickshockey.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1888:bruins-talking-to-the-flames&catid=40:the-rumors&Itemid=86

bruins seem to have a close eye on whitney. would love to see a good veteran that can produce offense to help this team with scoring and jus overall experience.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonBeijingJT. Show BostonBeijingJT's posts

Re: trade with calgary likely/possible soon, also more on whiteny

if we trade our pick for whitney then it would absolutely shut the door on kovalchuk. not saying that is a bad thing.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazybsfan04. Show crazybsfan04's posts

if phanuef and whitney were our two pick-ups at/before the trade deadline i'd be very pleased with that!the question is who'd go to calgary for phanuef?and who'd go to carolina for whitney?thoughts........ 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

Big mistake.

You think Wideman is bad? Phaneuf makes him seem like Boby Orr, this year. Dion may be finished as an impact player.

Ray Whitney? Why would you want him? What is he going to do for the Bruins? Defenseman will swat him away like the little fly that he is.

And for these two saviours you want to give away precious draft choices?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kurako. Show Kurako's posts

"Ray Whitney? Why would you want him? What is he going to do for the Bruins? Defenseman will swat him away like the little fly that he is."

LOL! The way Chara did you mean?

Whitney is a class act and they love him down in Raleigh. Canes are playing nice hockey now and can still make the playoffs if Ward and Staal stay fit. Would he waive his NTC to come to stodgy, struggling Boston?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsCountry. Show BruinsCountry's posts

You pro-Whitney people must be thinking of the BU version, or of the guy who had ONE good year with Crosby, Malkin and Co. on the Pens power play.  THAT Whitney has not been seen for 2-3 seasons.  Unless he could be obtained inexpensively, we do NOT want him with the B's.  He's softer than Wideman and as we all know, that's saying something.  I'd prefer taking a shot at Vancouver's Bieksa, decent offensively, a hitter, not to afraid to drop 'em, about 28 years old, he plays like a Bruin (used to) when healthy.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kurako. Show Kurako's posts

Bruinscountry, it's Ray Whitney from Carolina not Ryan Whitney from Anaheim!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from beantowngm15. Show beantowngm15's posts

For those of you wondering what the two deals would possibly look like:

Boston Gets:
    Dion Phaneuf

Calgary Gets:
    Mark Stuart/Johnny Boychuk
    Zach Hamill
    2010 1st Round Pick (Boston)

Boston Gets:
    Ray Whitney

Carolian Gets:
    2010 2nd Round Pick (Tampa Bay)

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

Phaneuf makes 6.5 this year and 7 mil next year, so the only trade you will see for him is rid of capspace and maybe a pick, Im not sure calagary wants what we want to rid of, Wideman and Ryder, If they can rid of these 2 guys that works well, Whitney makes 3.5 this yr and is an UFA this year so hes a rental for now that will cost the Bs likely a 2nd pick and a prospect.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Phaneuf has 9 goals and 5 on PP, welcome addition to PP. Our entire D only has 7PP and 20 goals, he will improve those stats. He also has 2 game winners the same as our entire D. His 132 shots would be second only to Z and oh yeah he hits the net more often.

A change of scenery will do him wonders.

Put him out with Stuart and watch them crunch the opposition, would be fun.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Phaneuf would be a pleasure to watch.  Yet, no way would you give away Stuart. He has leadership qualities.  A character player.  Try Wideman, Bruins 2010 lst round, and Zach Hamill.  Surrealistically speaking, then trade for Kovy with the Bruins 2011 1st and 2010 2nd round pick, Ryder, Krejci, and Bitz.  Colbourne will be ready next year for third line duty.  Wheeler is an enigma.  The upside is still great.  This team is too small to jam for the puck!  Realistically speaking, keep the picks!  Go for the free agent class 2010!  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

not into trading boychuk. Id rather see ferrence or wideman go.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from MDsizzle. Show MDsizzle's posts

What is Whitneys contract like? are we looking at a good value here?

They way Phaneuf has been playing, might be a value adding another 6-7 mil., unless wideman is involved...

I'm with you Davey, I do not want to see Boychuck anywhere but Boston!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

If PC were to give up that fleecing of Brian Lawton Tampa's 2nd rounder or Mark Stuart it would not be for Whitney (Canes version) or Phaneuf. Sutter should have done a better job of not  looking desperate to dump that salary.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from KrayzieJoe. Show KrayzieJoe's posts

Boston's 2nd for Whitney...do it now PC

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from sgmlrm3706. Show sgmlrm3706's posts

why don't we stock pile more picks and do what the Blackhawks did. This draft is loaded. Look at them now. We are not going to win this year so let's look at next season and beyond. Also Clode is not the problem. He was frigin coach of the year...last season.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

"I agree with islamorada, you don't trade Stuart. He's getting better and better every year. Guys, I like Boychuck to, but don't see him as an untouchable. He's got a cannon from the point, but I think he is what he is. A decent depth defenseman and not much more"

It's also his rookie year.  I feel like the kid has more potential than you think. I seriously wouldnt jump the gun on him yet, he's still a young'in.  Not at all saying he's untouchable, but id hate to see someone with his power and possible potential go elsewhere. Give him another season before you dish him.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosismooses. Show mosismooses's posts

I would involve Chara in any trade talks. You cannot compete in today's NHL with a d-man being your biggest cap hit, especially one that rarely dominates a game. Need to find out what Kovulchuk actually wants to do past this season, and do anything to get him signed long term. I read that he is looking for $10+ million per year, but with Crosby, Malkin & Ovechkin at around $8-9.5m I don't see how he gets it. PLay in Russsia? No chance, not while Ovy & Malkin are still here.

Chara's $7.5m in exchange for a top 3 NHL scorer? I'll take it. You could get a d-man that would replace Chara for half that money.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BradyBruin. Show BradyBruin's posts

Bruins country - Bieksa is done for the season.. or close to it.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

So stupid.

1.  The B's need offense.  Why trade for a defenseman?

2. Whitney is old.  They already have Recchi.

3.  Who the F is Hendricks?  Why should I listen to him?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

It has to be Wideman plus for Phaneuf to get us under the cap.

Car is not going to take a second for their second best forward, even if they are dumping salary and once again we have to have salary going back.

No matter whom we trade with we have to return salary for salary.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

To the clowns who are suggesting that the B's trade Chara for a top scoring forward, I ask you:  Who's going to be the #1 defenseman?

Dumb.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ViewFrom311. Show ViewFrom311's posts

The only way to get Phaneuf would be to give up Krejci.  Calgary is desperate for a center and the Bruins have 3 good ones locked up.  Nobody in their right mind is going to take Wideman's contract or Ryder's contract unless it comes with Toronto's 1st pick which I don't think the Bruins will ever part with.  Phaneuf could be a much better player with a change of scenery.

Toronto's 2nd Round Pick the Bruins have might be enough to fetch Whitney - he would be a great addition to the top 6 and the PP.  Say goodbye to the failed Miro experiment.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TimThomas-god. Show TimThomas-god's posts

NOOOOOOOOOO! I definitely don't want to see Phaneuf in a B's uniform, he's just another overpaid defenseman.  We need OFFENSE!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TimThomas-god. Show TimThomas-god's posts

Unless, of course, it only takes Wideman and a low draft pick (I'd do anything to see Wideman off of this team).  It's just that offense should be the priority, not defense.