Trade

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mangler. Show Mangler's posts

Trade

What about this?
    Krejci, Bobychuck, Colbourne, Boston's 2010 Ist Round & 2nd round pick

for Kovalchuk

then trade Ryder to Columbus for Fred Modin. To get rid of Ryder the Bruins will have to take salary back.

put Satan on waivers

Based on how much salary each player has left for this season the Bruins would be left with $825,110 in cap space.

Lines: Savard, Kovalchuk, Lucic
             Bergeron, Sturm, Recchi
             Sobotka, Wheeler, Modin
             Begin, Paille, Thornton/Bitz

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonic. Show Olsonic's posts

Re: Goal Scoring

Phenomenal post. I'm so impressed with your analysis of the defense. Certainly Andrew Ference is the key weakness that will keep us from going further into the playoffs. Chara, Wideman, Stuart, Morris and Hunwick cannot hold the fort down as long as Ferrence is on the ice ruining everything the team has worked for. Our defense is especially vulnerable with the 2 sieves we have in net and our overly aggressive offensive playstyle.

Sometimes "having a feeling" is better than "having a clue" because when feelings are right, it can make up for the hundreds of feelings before hand that were wrong.

having a clue, on the other hand, requires research, effort and critical thinking and those things are hard.

As far as the offense, You hope that you are wrong that the bruins could use the two first round picks they got from toronto if they need scoring help?

draft picks for kessel = value + flexibility.
    i have a feeling that these picks will be used at some point. thats what they are there for.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkrejci46. Show dkrejci46's posts

i can't tell if olsonic is being sarcastic or not...

Either way I half agree

Ference will play a reasonably minimal role with the Bs, as a 5th or 6th defensmen.

Of course they'll miss Kessel, PC addressed this on WEEI today, and he thinks that they will make up for the goals lost by Kessel's departure in other ways. I tend to agree. I think you have to add a minimum of 13 goals from sturms total last year, a minimum of 10 from Recchi (he had 10 in 18 last year, so 20 in a season is pretty darn attainable) and an increase of 10 from bergeron (I really think 18 from him is a given) were at -3 right now, and haven't even gotten to lucic wheeler and krejcis expected prodcution increases. If we land a rental we will be a very dangerous offensive team (kovulchuk please)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Nipasan. Show Nipasan's posts

Trading Kessel will come back to haunt them.  I listened to the GM recently going on and on about nothing when asked about Kessel.  In the end he said that Kessel was "disappointed " with the results.  When questioned about that, the GM stated he did not know what he meant.  Sounds like a lot of GM bull to me.  The bottom line is Kessel is gone, we have some future unknown pics and the Bruins will have big problems scoring goals this season. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BradyBruin. Show BradyBruin's posts

We definately will have trouble scoring, we only had 7 guys score over 20 goals last year without Sturm and Bergeron on that list. We definately won't be able to score with them back either. We are are in trouble.. now something from my 18 month old that means as much as your post....
    ghnhjkujyhfdsvscrfy m   fff c

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkrejci46. Show dkrejci46's posts

take kessel out of the equation, with no one filling in for him, just take his 36 goals away and we would have been right in the middle of the league for scoring. Put a very average player in his spot who scored 15 and were towards the top, put marco sturm there and were back in the top 5

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonic. Show Olsonic's posts

In Response to Re: Goal Scoring:
    [QUOTE] the Bruins will have big problems scoring goals this season. 
    Posted by Nipasan[/QUOTE]

LOLOLOLOL..

this team isn't the washington Capitals. Our productivity on offense has never been about one player. The bruins will be just fine.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Nipasan. Show Nipasan's posts

Did anyone ever stop to think that Kessel wanted out of Boston because being traded is all he has heard about day and night ever since he came on board.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonic. Show Olsonic's posts

[QUOTE]Did anyone ever stop to think that Kessel wanted out of Boston because being traded is all he has heard about day and night ever since he came on board.

right.. THATS why he wanted a trade.

not the 5 year 27 million dollar contract

And Krejci, we don't disagree on kessel. the OP just refered to using the draft picks on an offensive player like it was a problem.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from sparky1313. Show sparky1313's posts

Two months time most will be saying Kessel who? Wheeler will up his goals along with Sturms add ons and I think the B's will be at the top of scoring again.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Nipasan. Show Nipasan's posts

Let's not get nasty nitwit...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonic. Show Olsonic's posts

[QUOTE]Let's not get nasty nitwit...

aight sorry i'll delete that, it was a low blow.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Remi72. Show Remi72's posts

It's strange, that lack of confidence in our offense. Is it because of the past years ?? Before last season ??  Because, like BradyBruins says, we had last years seven 20 goals + scorers, without Sturm and Bergeron.

So what's the matter ? Some thinks all the young players will under perform this year ?? Why that ?  A curse or something like that ?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

I'm just happy that Tuukka Rask is the backup instead of Fernandez this year. Hopefully that makes a difference.

I think we'll be fine. Bergeron will be better this year, and we still have Savard to set up. Someone will step up in Kessel's place. I think we'll be fine, and the upgrade from Fernandez to Rask will be felt.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bluefox70. Show bluefox70's posts

I think we were second in the league in scoring last year. I am pretty sure with the added ice time somebody is going to get, the return of Sturm, growth of the kids (Krejci,lucic,wheels..etc..) and the decrease in goals against without Kessel. We ARE a better team!

Drop the puck!!!!  Enough already.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ddd112273. Show ddd112273's posts

Anyway, Kessel's two way game sucked and if he couldn't get around the D they could sneeze and push him of the puck.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BlueChip99. Show BlueChip99's posts

[QUOTE]I'm just happy that Tuukka Rask is the backup instead of Fernandez this year. Hopefully that makes a difference. I think we'll be fine. Bergeron will be better this year, and we still have Savard to set up. Someone will step up in Kessel's place. I think we'll be fine, and the upgrade from Fernandez to Rask will be felt.
    Posted by magicalhobo[/QUOTE]
    After 2 concussions like that, maybe Bergeron want just finish his 4 years - 20M$ contract and return at home  lol

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins9186dc. Show bruins9186dc's posts

Pretty sure that our boys will be able to put lots of pucks in the net against terrible teams like the Islanders and Coyotes; just as Phil pumped up his stats against below average teams.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

[QUOTE]We definately will have trouble scoring, we only had 7 guys score over 20 goals last year without Sturm and Bergeron on that list. We definately won't be able to score with them back either. We are are in trouble.. now something from my 18 month old that means as much as your post.... ghnhjkujyhfdsvscrfy m   fff c Posted by BradyBruin[/QUOTE]

Thank you BradyB don't need to add anymore to this post. Your 1 year old is pretty smart. I understood ever word must have seen a troll or two already. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davidorr. Show Davidorr's posts

[QUOTE]i can't tell if olsonic is being sarcastic or not... 
    Posted by dkrejci46[/QUOTE]

Make no mistake. That was a good old fashioned spanking.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dasrmd. Show dasrmd's posts

I have my opening night tickets....

to BU's Agganis Arena

BITE ME JJ!!!  You will never get another dollar out of me after your ridiculous ticket raising during the most severe recession since the last world war.  I hope you have a very slow, painful demise and have plenty of time to reflect on what you have done to the loyal hockey fans of Boston.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkrejci46. Show dkrejci46's posts

[QUOTE]I have my opening night tickets.... to BU's Agganis Arena BITE ME JJ!!!  You will never get another dollar out of me after your ridiculous ticket raising during the most severe recession since the last world war.  I hope you have a very slow, painful demise and have plenty of time to reflect on what you have done to the loyal hockey fans of Boston.
    Posted by dasrmd[/QUOTE]

yikes, too much?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

Bergeron needs to play like a 5 mill a yr center. I totally understand the pass he gets for what he has been thru, but he has got to step it up this season.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ssags111. Show ssags111's posts

You guys are too much, get off the Kessel koolaid. This team has tons of scorers and plenty of firepower.  Are we all forgeting we had 7 20 goal scorers with Chara at 19 and Lucic at 17? What the heck people, Kessel was hardly the guy that put us on the top.  Expect growth from Bitz, Looch, Wheeler and Recchi/Sturm with full seasons coupled with Bergeron shaking off the concussion.  This team is more than fine. 

When did hockey become a one man team game?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

LORD OF THE FLIES !

The season could not start any sooner.

Ols,  I love your opening statement. ALL TRUE !

This one is real :

Picks = Power

Sections
Shortcuts