Trades that can be made

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BattlingB. Show BattlingB's posts

Trades that can be made

Here are some deals that can be made (and should be made)

1) Bruins trade the middle pick (of their 3 2nd rounders in 2010) to Carolina for Ray Whitney. Deal includes a provision that if he leaves as a FA pick drops down to the "worst" of our 2nd rounders. Also contains provision for pick to be moved up to our "best" #2 pick if he does re-sign in July.

2) Wheeler/Colbourne and Bruins #1 pick in 2010 (not Tor's pick) for Kovalchuk
    Deal includes provision that if Kovalchuk signs elsewhere as a FA then the Bruins get the Thrashers #2 in 2010 (This is similar to the provision included when Hossa was dealt to the Pens..when he signed with Det. the Pens got a pick back from Atlanta)

3) Mid-round pick to Carolina for Aaron Ward...he's Chara's partner and security blanket...he come cheap since most of his $ will have been paid for the year and gosh knows we need someone to "stay at home on the blue line".  His +/- stinks right now but let's face it...Carolina was awful most of the year....it's been getting better the last 2 weeks as they've played better...

IF Kovalchuk deal does not happen...

3) Ryder and Bruins 1st round pick for  Ponikarovsky... why deal the #1 pick in this you ask? Because Burke has said he'll take on large salaries (such as Ryder's) if he gets a #1 pick back b/c he needs one to bid on another RFA (probably Bobby Ryan)...since Ponikarovsky is a FA at the end of the year the B's would in effect be dumping Ryder's $4 million cap  hit the next two years (and crappy performance) on Toronto (which could also help them finish poorly in 2010 and thus help us again with their 2011  pick).  Don't discount something like this..LeBrun and others on the HotStove are saying Burke is willing to take on salary as long as a #1 is included and in this cap day and age..8 million in cap room is gold...which is what we'd get by dumping Ryder (4 million x2 years left on his deal)

Now you want to tell me that other teams would not be scared by a Bruins offense with a health Savard/Lucic/Bergeron now with Kovy/Whitney as well? The PP alone would be lethal...

Go to it PC....get busy!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Re: Trades that can be made

TO has a neg cap how are they going to go more in the hole.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from biggskye. Show biggskye's posts

I will go along with your Toronto deal, if you include Wideman for Kaberle :)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ViewFrom311. Show ViewFrom311's posts

Some realistic trades posted in these forums for a change.  I'm all for getting rid of Wheeler, but I really don't think Kovy will end up here.  You can see Joe Colborne in action tomorrow night on NHL Network as they have the Pioneers/Fighting Sioux game on here in the states.

Toronto does have room under the cap due to LTIR for Kessel, Komisarek, and Grabovski this year.

I actually think Chiarelli might be considering shipping Krejci to Calgary for Phaneuf...which would mean Ryder would have to be a cap casualty as well.  Combine that with some semblance of your trade for Ponikarovsky there...and end up with Phaneuf and Poni for Krejci and Ryder as the player pieces?  That would work for the cap, but would it work for the B's?  Sobotka hasn't shown me that he can be our 3rd line center.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TimThomas-god. Show TimThomas-god's posts

There is no way Chiarelli is trading one of his best young players for an overpaid/underachieving defenseman.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from joeschmo25. Show joeschmo25's posts

Ryder only has one more year left on the contract, and since Kovalchuk is the only premier free agent this offseason I'd keep that first round pick that people want to send for Ponikarovsky.
    As for Whitney and Ward, I don't see Whitney being worth our highest second round pick, which will probably be #32 overall, essentially a first rounder just two spots out, not much difference except for status sake. Look how Pittsburgh got Guerin last year, with an incentive based trade where the further you progress the higher the pick becomes. I'd say start off with a 4th and if we get to the conference finals we give them a second, no first rounder for making the Cup but they should be happy with that. Whitney is talented but he's by no means that piece that helps us get past the first round if we're playing a team like Washington or New Jersey.
    Speaking of underachieving,  Krejci, a center, only has 6 more points than Phaneuf, a defenseman. That being said I wouldn't trade for Phaneuf because of his cap hit, unless you can add Wideman in on the deal to clear more cap. 
    People keep dumping on Sobotka but I don't see why. He brings good energy out on the ice and he's still very young, too young to judge whether he can be a 3rd line center. Also given what his cap hit will be for a few years he's good for the cap. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TimThomas-god. Show TimThomas-god's posts

pbergeron, these guys are crazy if they want Phaneuf for Krejci.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ViewFrom311. Show ViewFrom311's posts

You are the same people who think people will take bad contracts like Wideman's and Ryder's off of our hands and give back tangible assets.  You guys live in a dream world - there are two sides to trades.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SouTexBruin. Show SouTexBruin's posts

Sorry to tread on toes but I don't see Kovalchuk coming to Boston for what Atlanta wants in return.  Also Whitney is 37 - everyone was complaining about Recchi but I would rather have him in the lineup than Whitney. 

Could be that Wheeler hasn't adjusted to the additional weight he put on or is going through a sophmore slump - same with Krejic although I think with Krejic its more of coming back to soon from the torn labrum injury - that is a nasty injury and for the first couple of months, every time you take a step it feels like someone is in your leg with a knife - that one takes time to heal.

As for Colborne.  I've seen him play about 4 times this year.  Denver is using him on the pp, pk and at full strength - he's sneaky quick and has a good release on his shot.  I would not want to see us be shortsighted and lose some of our future for someone who may be a rental.

Delta Grunt
    SouTex Bruin