Trading Draft Picks

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from stingerjp. Show stingerjp's posts

Trading Draft Picks

If the Toronto first rounder ends up being #4 or lower, should the B's look to trade BOTH their #1's this year and a roster player for the top overall pick?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattymcgee55. Show mattymcgee55's posts

Re: Trading Draft Picks

If the Bruins get #4, I would bet that they could move up by trading #4 and 2 of their 2nd rounders for #1.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Yes, but I don't see Edm, CBJ, Stl or NYI giving it up, they all need a star more than anyone, but Car could be tempted.

I'm EVALUATING!!!
    I'm EVALUATING!!!
    I'm EVALUATING!!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Never trade #4 or let someone else sign him.LOL

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

The best case scenario would be trade there TO pick and there 2nd pick along with next years Bos 1st pick

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from joeschmo25. Show joeschmo25's posts

As much as I'd like Taylor Hall, I don't think I'd trade for the #1 overall pick, even if it was available. With the potential talent available in this draft I wouldn't risk trading any high picks to move up. Yes Hall is a great scorer with dynamic speed but there are other scorers available throughout the first round (scouts have compared Notre Dame's Riley Sheahan to Jeff Carter, Jeff Skinner is said to be a faster, stronger version of Jordan Eberle, I could go on more, especially with the Russians available who are already in North America). I think we could strike big a few times in this draft.

As for the possible trade idea, if a situation came up where we didn't have to give up any big picks this year besides the TO #1 (other ideas are a current prospect or 2011 pick) then I'd be willing to look into it, but the price for a #1 overall pick is always high. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

That's one option.  But, I think there are quite a few highly skilled snipers in this draft, all within the top 15 or so.

Kabanov 6'3"/176 lbs
    Skinner 5'10"/195 lbs
    Etem 6'/194 lbs (this guy's a stud)
    Niederreitter 6'1"/205 lbs
    Burmistrov 6'/170 lbs

And for D-men there's
    Gormley 6'2"/187 lbs
    Gudbransen 6'3"/195 lbs

So, the B's could get a scorer and a solid D if they keep the picks.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from joeschmo25. Show joeschmo25's posts

I also wouldn't rule out John MacFarland, who has dynamic talent but just needs to put it all together, which he has been doing since he got snubbed from the World Juniors roster. He's got the size, speed, skill and release of a dynamic player and could be a high risk, high reward option.

I like all of your options bim, each look like legitimate scorers and both defenseman look solid. Maybe if we're lucky some of the Russians fall because of the transfer agreement fiasco. Though Burmistov and Kabanov are already over here teams may still be weary because of the Nikita Filatov mess.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

Nikita Filatov is a d--che.  He thought he wanted to play in the NHL until he realized he couldn't hang with the big boys.  The problem with that signing is, it was right when the KHL was taking off and NHL GM's had no precidence to go by.  Now they do..unfortunately.

But, Kirill and Alex have both shown they're committed to the NA game with playing in Canada.  So, i think they're genuine NHL prospects.  No shinanagins.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from sgmlrm3706. Show sgmlrm3706's posts

I hope we stop winning and Toronto stops winning and we get two of top three picks. Jackpot!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattymcgee55. Show mattymcgee55's posts

Lets get Cam Fowler in the Black n Gold! I agree, this draft is pretty deep. Dont give up too much to grab Hall.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from scotland19. Show scotland19's posts

Toronto will probably finish 3rd from the bottom so base your draft wishes accordingly.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Forgot about MacFarland, I liked him early on as well, he slipped under my Radar, but he could be a good pick, from what I seen of him early on he was slick.

I would stay away from as much european as possible, they are getting their experience here for the KHL as it is paying well. They do not have as much desire to win the Stanley(holy Grail) as North American players because the big thing for them is the worlds and Olympics. This is changing but if you pick wrong you have your draft sitting in the K.

I'm EVALUATING!!!

Sections
Shortcuts