Trading Kobesaw? That's just crazy

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ssags111. Show ssags111's posts

Trading Kobesaw? That's just crazy

You guys are crazy, we have Kessel's one year wonder of 36 goals more than covered when you put it all together.  Marco's 25 goals, Bergeron should bounce back from 8 goals to maybe 15 or possibly back up to his 25 range, Lucic should improve from his 17 goals, Chara probably hits 20 this time around, Recchi was outstanding in the 18 games he was here for 10 goals, now add in 82 games with Recchi, Bitz and Wheeler should improve and then the guy you want to trade 25 goals.  Trading just Kobesaw alone won't free up enough money so you are looking at trading two players to meet Kessel's salary demand.

This is a no brainer to keep Sturm and Chucky over Kessel.  Kessel is a one dimisional player that doesn't know what back checking or his own end is, something Chucky and Marco are very well aware of.  There's a reason no one is banging down the door for Kessel, there lots of question marks about him, one year is not worth trading away several players to sign him.  And the biggest one is, can Kessel put that many pucks in the net without a premier set up man?  I would bet the farm Kessel will not put in over 25 goals w/o a Savy or a Thornton type of play maker.  You want to give a one dimensional player like Kessel more money over a player that makes his linemates better like David Krecji and a guy that knows the importance of defense....forget about it

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bridgemanusa. Show bridgemanusa's posts

Re: Trading Kobesaw? That's just crazy

I agree. Kobesew is a true Bruin (his style). Not only will he run people over he can score and works his but off on every shift in fact I think he was a huge part of their success last season. It was painfully evidident that he was missed in the prvious years playoffs. Keep Kobesew.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Disk0thek. Show Disk0thek's posts

Re: Trading Kobesaw? That's just crazy

I really like Kobasew, but if it means keeping Kessel, I'd trade him.  I'm hoping Sobotka can fill his spot eventually, they have pretty similar styles.

I wouldn't expect a whole lot from Bitz.  I like the guy, he's a tough player, but he's going to see mostly 4th line minutes.  So I'd keep it to a realistic 20-25 points from him at best.

Sections
Shortcuts