TSN Makes Fun of Thomas

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThePhantomGourmet. Show ThePhantomGourmet's posts

TSN Makes Fun of Thomas

Last night, the TSN crew (very knowledgable hockey people) wondered if Bruins goalie Tim Thomas was the best WORST goalie in the league or the WORST best goalie in the league.

Either way, such a style and such a style of play WILL NOT last very long and will NOT win you games in the playoffs.

HF - Hockey Fools

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BatmanJWO. Show BatmanJWO's posts

TSN Makes Fun of Thomas

That does not surprise me. I grew up in Canada and I hated TSN because of their natural bias towards Canadian teams. The problem is he is "Tim Thomas." He has a very boring name. He's just a goalie. If his name was "Hasek," they would be raving about him as the best ever. Hasek used to flop around and he stopped pucks. Thomas stops pucks. Who cares how he stops them? When I was younger, I defended a lot of nets. I wasn't a butterfly guy. I was a stand-up guy because it was easier to move when was standing. I made probably the worst looking save in history. One of my defensemen said, "Dude, that was ugly." His partner said, "Who cares? He stopped it. That's all we can ask."

As Bruins fans, that's all we can ask. Who cares what TSN (Toronto Sports Network) thinks?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mabou. Show mabou's posts

TSN Makes Fun of Thomas

I wouldn't worry too much about what TSN's Gord Miller has to say about Thomas. As long as Thomas is stopping pucks and posting back-to-back shutouts, TSN and any other broadcaster can poke all the fun they want.
    And check your stats, but his style has already lasted, and until the Bs come up with someone better, or until someone better comes up with the Bs (See Rask), his style will continue to last.
    Maybe Thomas could make fun of Miller's voice when he gets excited about a play. Not the most orthodox broadcasting voice, but it works.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from stillallbost08. Show stillallbost08's posts

TSN Makes Fun of Thomas

[Quote]"He also did fine winning three games in the playoffs last year"

How about the flop job he pulled in Game 7 when the B's got blown out 5-0
    [/Quote]

w/o TT there wouldn't have been a game 7. Obviously you don't like the bruins. Just go back to the archives and find some more negative threads to repost. It wouldn't surprise me if some of those threads were started by you while using a dif name. For someone who doesn't like the bruins, you seem to spend a lot of time watcheing their games and posting on bruins boards.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from canubthatdumb. Show canubthatdumb's posts

TSN Makes Fun of Thomas

How about the one he lost 1-0 that would of made a game 7 uneccesary? Hey whino how does nephew andy raycroft like the view from colorados bench, is it better then Torontos ,or Bostons? Which is right where Thomas sent the bum? Thomas # 1 in save percantge # 2 in goals against 1st in shutouts now them stats make you seem dumber then you already had. Now thats harder to believe then anything TSN said !!!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kanes-Donuts. Show Kanes-Donuts's posts

TSN Makes Fun of Thomas

im amazed they even have tv in canada or electricity either lol

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from elosias. Show elosias's posts

TSN Makes Fun of Thomas

TSN likes to lash out cause most of their teams are underperforming. They're all but fluffers for Canadien teams, always have been.

Being compared to the Dominator in style is not an insult to Thomas (and me by proxy). TSN's just mad they ended up with Raycroft (Leafs) & Auld (Senators) and want to point out the next goalie they want from our system in the only way the glass-half-empty crowd can.

(Except I wish we had kept a tandem of Thomas/Auld)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from elosias. Show elosias's posts

TSN Makes Fun of Thomas

If you end up watching on a canadien broadcast, it's best to mute it and tune into WBZ radio. You might actually here something about BOTH teams, not just the canadien team.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoldOnBlack. Show GoldOnBlack's posts

TSN Makes Fun of Thomas

I watched the game last night on TSN and they were not making fun of Timmy at all. If anyhting they were in awe of his "style" and credited him with making bruins games exciting.
    Also, how about the Americans calm down with the anti-Canada remarks. I'm a canadian and i'm a bigger bruins fan than most fans living in Boston. And even if TSN did make fun of Thomas, how does that reflect on canada as a whole? That's worse than saying just cause your president is an idiot means that all americans are idiots....oh wait...nvermind

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mybruins. Show mybruins's posts

TSN Makes Fun of Thomas

I am always amazed at the canadian bashing. I am American, love the Bruins, hate the habs, but love Canada. They are hockey and lacrosse nuts. Hockey night in Canada is always a great broadcast. Its a great place to visit - cool cities, canadian rockies. And a lot of their guys play in the NHL and are good guys. Wise-up and stop being a--holes.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from trv. Show trv's posts

TSN Makes Fun of Thomas

I am American, love the Bruins, hate the habs, but love Canada.
    MB couldn't have said it better. Canada is a Great place........and can you beat St. Catherine St. on a saturday night!!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rmcd. Show rmcd's posts

TSN Makes Fun of Thomas

I have never understood all the Thomas negativity. Even Mike Milbury dissed him last season during a Bruins broadcast. I think people cant get over that he never played an NHL game before the age of 30. That is the beginning , middle, and end of the argument as far as they are concerned.

Thomas has good size, good reactions and good fundamentals. I am not sure what else people need to see to be convinced he is legit. Every goalie has weaknesses. (The Bruins were abled to figure out the great Roy back in the day, and beat him in 5 playoffs.)

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

TSN Makes Fun of Thomas

Yes we have tv and electricty in Canada.. Dont forget a huge portion of NHL players come from Canada,,we supply electricy to your upper northern states and oil throughout usa.. Geez stick to hockey bud.
    TSN stands for The Sports Network ownwd by american ESPN,,you guys amaze me lol

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThePhantomGourmet. Show ThePhantomGourmet's posts

TSN Makes Fun of Thomas

Gimme a bottle and a donut, I'm a drunk. But even a drunk can see that Tim Thomas is embarrassing the franchise with his flopping antics. TSN is right in making fun of fatty Tim.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from canubthatdumb. Show canubthatdumb's posts

TSN Makes Fun of Thomas

Another pathetic statement by a pathetic drunk who watched Thomas run his nephew out of the NHL. Disregard this pathetic fool of many names and yea i have checked the ip #s and 4 out of 5 are olde dumbo himself. Face it stupid drunk Thomas is a legit Nhl superstar, all star goaltender. Now go slam another half pint of that buck a bottle rubbing alcohol and shut up go stare at nephew Andy gaycroft as you have since he was a pre-teen with the lust that makes watching a real goaltender impossible for you.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

TSN Makes Fun of Thomas

[Quote]who cares what a bunch of freeloading, Frogs and Canucks say..F Canada..Bunch of puss ies in that place anyhow...[/Quote] Let me think now...... If I wanted an opinion from the most knowledgeable hockey fans in the world, what country would I look to. We all know that answer don't we. How did that ball game end last night, I wouldn't now or care, because I was watching hockey.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThePhantomGourmet. Show ThePhantomGourmet's posts

TSN Makes Fun of Thomas

Give me 30 cents for coffee. I was on the booze last night and apparenty so was Timmy especially on that second goal where he went for a swim. The Calgary shooter must have thought it was Christmas. He's battling for the puck and suddenly Thomas just goes down giving him the whole top of the net. What a piece of garbage Timmy is, but what a great giant round head to draw your jackolantern on.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from stillallbost08. Show stillallbost08's posts

TSN Makes Fun of Thomas

[Quote]Give me 30 cents for coffee. I was on the booze last night and apparenty so was Timmy especially on that second goal where he went for a swim. The Calgary shooter must have thought it was Christmas. He's battling for the puck and suddenly Thomas just goes down giving him the whole top of the net. What a piece of garbage Timmy is, but what a great giant round head to draw your jackolantern on.[/Quote]

I think the 2nd goal was a slapshot that got by TT. 1st goal was a PP goal that TT tried to dive on but the shooter got there 1st and flipped it over him. Not sure where the d-man was but it wasn't played well by TT. Still 3 goals is not a bad night if the offense could score more often.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from notacryingwino. Show notacryingwino's posts

Re: TSN Makes Fun of Thomas

[QUOTE]Thomas needs to go on a diet that why is he getting lucky in with all those pucks getting lost in his fat rolls
    Posted by KlausVonScribe[/QUOTE]Poor ye_olde_dumbazz his nephew Candy Gaycroft remarkably leads Colorado out of the playoffs, and Thomas smashes the habs in a easy sweep. He has been stumbling drunk ever since. He even made up a german name to hide his shame. 6 goals in 4 games of a playoff series. Now thats all star goaltending. But ye_olde still tries to make the vezina winner look like he is a terrible player and out of shape. We only pity you on this board and obviously no one agrees with you so move on, change your p stained pants and get a job. Here are a few of your predictions.Thomas can only win in October, Thomas can only win in november, btw he called him mr before each month, mr december.mr fist half. mr regular season. Then we have him predicting starters something like this Candy gaycroft wil return and assume the starters job,Hannu is the new starter, Joey Macdonald new starter,Sigalet new starter,Auld new starter. Fernandez new starter, even this year after one game proclaimed, Rusk the new starter, and last week a college goalie he had never seen play the starter. He also hates Thomases conditioning and strength with his silly fat, chubbins, and so on moronic remarks. Get a life face the fact Thomas is a elite 2 time all star that lead the Bruins to a sweep of your favourite team. Now go get drunk and stupid and write a post thats just like you. Oh wait you already did this one. GO TIMMY GO BRUINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from HermesConrad. Show HermesConrad's posts

Oh my God, if PEOPLE ON TV said it, it must be true!! Commentators get it wrong all the time, that's what they're there to do, as far as I'm concerned.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from daysgoby. Show daysgoby's posts

Let me ask you this,  did any of these so called hockey experts see Thomas play this season ?  He was one of the best, give credit where credit is due.
    Go Tim Thomas and GO BRUIN's !!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from notacryingwino. Show notacryingwino's posts

TSN is a hab loving Canadian lovers dream site. They may be knowledgable, but the knowledge is confined to the scabs and thier hatred of american players and american hockey teams.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

I'm not much of a TSN fan, far too Toronto-centric for my tastes... but they do have two or three broadcasters/columnists with their heads on their shoulders. Dave Hodge and James Duthie jump to mind.
    I was watching Hodge last week and he said that Thomas should be hands down the Vezina trophy winner but likely won't get it, because the trophy is voted on by the league's GM's. He then explained that he feels the number one reason Thomas is constantly derided is that the GM's and coaches of the league don't want to admit their mistake by passing on him by admitting how good he is, and that if he wins the Vezina that is exactly what they would be doing.
    Meanwhile James Duthie has repeadtedly said that Thomas (along with Savrd) are his favourite players in the league.
    He has a good story about Thomas here
    http://tsn.ca/columnists/james_duthie/?id=255419
    And the rest of the Bruins here
    http://tsn.ca/columnists/james_duthie/?id=266556

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

We'll see who has the last laugh @ Timmy T. So far he's continued to play as well in the playoffs as he did in the regular season. He's Vezina material by most analysts. This isn't figure skating, so style points don't count.......just keep the puck out of the net........and that he does!! 

CBC in game 4 even compared his style to Gump Worsley....a great goaltender in his time.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

[QUOTE]Give me 30 cents for coffee. I was on the booze last night and apparenty so was Timmy especially on that second goal where he went for a swim. The Calgary shooter must have thought it was Christmas. Draw your jackolantern on.
    Posted by ThePhantomGourmet[/QUOTE]

How about 30 Cents for a brain! Last night!? Calgary!? You need more than coffee Edie Gourmet! Calgary is playing Chicago D0pe! Go drool on your Pierre "the T00L" Maguire TSN coffee cup set!

Sections
Shortcuts