TT AND NO TRADE CLAUSE

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from brunod. Show brunod's posts

TT AND NO TRADE CLAUSE

IS TT MAD ENOUGH TO WAIVE HIS NTC TO LEAVE THE BRUINS AFTER BEING PULLED VS. THE SABRES? HE DID LOOK LIKE IT AND CJ ALSO LOOKED PRETTY ANGRY. IF TT DOES NOT PLAY ANYMORE THIS SEASON HAS CJ CAUSED ANOTHER PLAYER TO LEAVE, COULD THIS BE A PROBLEM FOR FUTURE BRUINS, WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK? IS CJ THE PROBLEM WITH SOMEOF OUR PLAYERS?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Re: TT AND NO TRADE CLAUSE

Its not about being mad...its about being wanted...its likely the same reason Morris waived his no trade...players don't want to be somewhere they arent wanted...
    TT would likely thank the Bruins for giving him a chance to be the goalie no one thought he could be...

I believe that he could be dealt this summer for sure...and I see the flyers as our trading partner...possibly Chicago. 

I still say TT will be our goalie at some point in the playoffs...he could be the difference maker...

And players will sign where the money is.  The Bruins won't have a problem getting players...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from GutlessChara. Show GutlessChara's posts

In Response to TT AND NO TRADE CLAUSE:
    IS TT MAD ENOUGH TO WAIVE HIS NTC TO LEAVE THE BRUINS AFTER BEING PULLED VS. THE SABRES? HE DID LOOK LIKE IT AND CJ ALSO LOOKED PRETTY ANGRY. IF TT DOES NOT PLAY ANYMORE THIS SEASON HAS CJ CAUSED ANOTHER PLAYER TO LEAVE, COULD THIS BE A PROBLEM FOR FUTURE BRUINS, WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK? IS CJ THE PROBLEM WITH SOMEOF OUR PLAYERS?
    Posted by brunod

who cares...TT doesn't play they have better chance of winning...where's the problem

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In Response to Re: TT AND NO TRADE CLAUSE:
    Its not about being mad...its about being wanted...its likely the same reason Morris waived his no trade...players don't want to be somewhere they arent wanted... TT would likely thank the Bruins for giving him a chance to be the goalie no one thought he could be... I believe that he could be dealt this summer for sure...and I see the flyers as our trading partner...possibly Chicago.  I still say TT will be our goalie at some point in the playoffs...he could be the difference maker... And players will sign where the money is.  The Bruins won't have a problem getting players...
    Posted by shuperman

You can't really make sweeping generalizations like that, it looks for all the world like they want Kaberle out of Toronto, but he won't waive.

TT on the other hand is the type of guy who seems really competitive.  If I were a team in need of a goalie, I bet T would play really well with new scenery.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from goalcoach. Show goalcoach's posts

i would love to see TT stick it to PC, JJ AND CJ and RIDE OUT the remainder of his contract.

wouldnt that be something

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoveRealHockey. Show LoveRealHockey's posts

BadHab:
    Leafs have a window to trade Kaberle in the off-season as per the contract where the NTC is actually lifted, so Burke, if he really wants to trade him has that chance this summer.  My guess is he's gone for a low 1st rounder and/or prospects.

Kaberle actually selected 3 teams prior to the trade deadline where he would have waived his NTC. Not sure if Boston was one of the teams...

I, personally, would like to see the Leafs trade Kaberle.  He's a liability behind the blue line and he frustrates me more then any leaf.

Another difference is that Kaberle is a very cap friendly contract right now (with 1 year left) which would be appealing to any team that would want him.

I hope Boston isn't thinking of acquiring him, though, you'd be very disappointed.

Thomas's contract is too high and the only way I see the Bruins moving Thomas is if they bring back an equally bad contract, or eat some of it e.g. 30-40% as part of the deal.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bridgemanusa. Show bridgemanusa's posts

It's very simple. The goalie that stops the pukcs gets playing time regardless of how much $$ they make. That being said, Rask has earned #1 status for the moment and TT cannot complain because his numbers are what they are - no disputing them. If he continues to "tank" then he will not get the ice time and will probably ask to be traded anyways so.. problem solved. If he picks up his game then it only benefits us.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Bad,

The B's treated Morris like they didnt want him...would you wanna stay in that environment???  Nope...so they dealt him...Kaberle situation is completely different b/c it is in rebuild mold...he gave them picks of teams...Burke said they want him...and don't be shocked if they extend him this summer...he is a quality dman...he screams of someone that goes to Detroit and becomes another Larry Murphy...

TT is a stand up guy in my eyes...if they want to trade him I am sure Timmy will go where he is wanted...he gets to call the shots on that...wouldnt you wanna go to a stacked team like chicago...or a team like Philly that is dying for a goalie...

It will all work out...I hope they can get a top 6 fwd for him...that would make me happy

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from felixwas. Show felixwas's posts

If you're talking about trading Thomas, then you're convinced Rask is not going to turn into Andrew Raycroft next season. I haven't seen enough of him yet to be so certain.

And if you're suggesting teams like Philadelphia and Chicago would want Thomas enough to give up a top 6 forward, then you're saying T.T. still has game—if not, why would teams trade for him? Besides, I'm not sure Chiarelli has it in him to roll the dice to this extent.

Should Rask have a stellar year next year as the undisputed No. 1, then maybe this talk of trading Thomas is relevant. Now, it's premature. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

I wonder where you all observers found that the Bruins treated Morris shabbily. As I read the reports, Morris thought he was staying, and was unhappy with being traded. How does that reflect Poor treatment?? i liked Morris, and definitely thought he was better than Wideman, but, noone obviously wanted Wideman. I'm sure that Julien's lack of flexibility is one reason not to like playing in Boston, but, Savard, Bergie, kreji, all seeem to like being here. Ryder showed that he can contribute in the last game against the Devils, but, otherwise he should have been a regular scratch based on what has been expected. This too is a Julien fault. He lobbied for Ryder and now plays him evenwhen he does nothing.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from john6345. Show john6345's posts

Thats the buisness of being an NHL player if a team can make itself better they will,and thats what the Bruins did ,Seidenberg has really made a strong contribution to the team.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to TT AND NO TRADE CLAUSE:

IS TT MAD ENOUGH TO WAIVE HIS NTC TO LEAVE THE BRUINS IS CJ THE PROBLEM WITH SOMEOF OUR PLAYERS? Posted by brunod

There is no way TT stays here as a backup not going to happen. I do think that he will give his agent a list of teams he wants to go to that is what an NTC is for name the place you want to got to. His contract goes down the last 2 years 5Mil then to 3Mil that's very appealing. Lots of viable good back up goalies on the market this summer Turco, Biron, Auld that could be picked up for 2 years.

http://www.sportscity.com/nhl/2010-nhl-unrestricted-free-agents-by-position/

CJ can be a problem when he refuses to play his most talented players when tied, down a goal or even up just one goal late in periods. Julien has done a better job of shortening his bench because he has too. I want to see Claude do it when he doesn't have injuries.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Felix, I got labelled as a TT lover yesterday on another blog.  Am I convinced Rask can be our number 1.  I guess you have to live in the moment with goalies b/c here today gone tomorrow applies.  So yes I do believe he is our number one going into next year...and we can't have an expensive backup eating up money.  I do believe he has value as well and should land us a top 6 fwd...trading from an area of strength here...so would Philly and the Hawks...lots of top 6 fwds on those teams.
    Bogie, I saw the interview with Morris outside the rink...he was kinda shocked about the entire deal...but he had a no movement clause...he wasn't shocked...the guys on TSN and Sportsnet were saying there had to be something else...or why would he waive it...he wasn't wanted...and the only team he agreed to go to is Phon.  And they made it happen, that has to tell you something...we don't know but from the reports and speculation there had to be something wrong with the picture on both ends.  We essentially gave up a 2nd rounder for Seidenberg...kinda steep...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

Shuperman, I think more fairly put is we gave up morris and a second rounder for seidenberg and a 4th..but definitely steep, plus even though we took on a cap savings it actually cost the team an addition 500k because of seidenbergs contract..

TT debate, I think this is probably a true statement, but thomas is most particularly under the gun because of rask great play this year, not thomas's poor play, if he had fernandaz backing him up still I don't think he would be the scape goat he has been, his numbers are not lousy.. 2.49gaa, .915 svs % 5 SO.. this should translate to a better then .500 record ..  just his win loss and most of that is lack of scoring, he started poorly and really caught fire in nov and went like 1-3-2 when the team only managed to score 6 goals over , hell he lost a 0-0 shootout..

I think he was particularly angry the other night cause he felt like he had earned the start and was unfairly pulled and should have been allowed to play through it, and i think last season he would have been afforded that opportunity... none of the goals are square "the goalie played it poorly" they are all the weak variety yes, but the ones that any one of them in a game would have been excusable..

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

BHS,
    I have seen a couple people say that now about ryder, and i have no idea why, its not true..Ryder was signed  to a string of 1 year deals as an RFA the year prior to free agency he scored 14g 17a.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from turk58. Show turk58's posts

In Response to Re: TT AND NO TRADE CLAUSE : You can't really make sweeping generalizations like that, it looks for all the world like they want Kaberle out of Toronto, but he won't waive. TT on the other hand is the type of guy who seems really competitive.  If I were a team in need of a goalie, I bet T would play really well with new scenery.
    Posted by BadHabitude

Read article in todays Toronto Sun. Close friends of Kaberle' say he has had enough of Wilson and wants out.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from stingerjp. Show stingerjp's posts

Shuperman, I think more fairly put is we gave up morris and a second rounder for seidenberg and a 4th..but definitely steep, plus even though we took on a cap savings it actually cost the team an addition 500k because of seidenbergs contract.. TT debate, I think this is probably a true statement, but thomas is most particularly under the gun because of rask great play this year, not thomas's poor play, if he had fernandaz backing him up still I don't think he would be the scape goat he has been, his numbers are not lousy.. 2.49gaa, .915 svs % 5 SO.. this should translate to a better then .500 record ..  just his win loss and most of that is lack of scoring, he started poorly and really caught fire in nov and went like 1-3-2 when the team only managed to score 6 goals over , hell he lost a 0-0 shootout.. I think he was particularly angry the other night cause he felt like he had earned the start and was unfairly pulled and should have been allowed to play through it, and i think last season he would have been afforded that opportunity... none of the goals are square "the goalie played it poorly" they are all the weak variety yes, but the ones that any one of them in a game would have been excusable..
    Posted by rolerhoky19

Rolerhockey- I don't like how people are clumping the Morris and Siedenberg deals together.  The B's gave up Morris for a 4th rounder-that's it!  He was having a decent year for the B's-certainly better than WideMan, Hunwick, and Ference.  Siedenberg has made this team better, but if they kept BOTH guys the Bruins would have an even stronger D corps. 

Keeping both would have been possible under the cap with the $$ they have and sending one guy down.  REPLACING talent has been this team's problem since the PK trade.  Elite teams ADD talent and the B's don't have that mentality right now...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

In Response to Re: TT AND NO TRADE CLAUSE : Rolerhockey- I don't like how people are clumping the Morris and Siedenberg deals together.  The B's gave up Morris for a 4th rounder-that's it!  He was having a decent year for the B's-certainly better than WideMan, Hunwick, and Ference.  Siedenberg has made this team better, but if they kept BOTH guys the Bruins would have an even stronger D corps.  Keeping both would have been possible under the cap with the $$ they have and sending one guy down.  REPLACING talent has been this team's problem since the PK trade.  Elite teams ADD talent and the B's don't have that mentality right now...
    Posted by stingerjp

Stringer, people keep lumping it together because its true, we have no one we could send down.. none of or defenders who make enough to clear that cap space are on a 2 way deal.. we would have needed to send down stuart who certainly would have been claimed, or wideman?? the morris trade was to free up cap space so they could make other moves..

Sections
Shortcuts