Tt to florida

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Tt to florida

Just think about the possibility of Florida trading Vocoun, as they have discussed, and Boston sending Tim Thomas, Hamill and Lehtonen for Florida's # 3 pick in the draft and Tim Horton

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichmondHillOntario. Show RichmondHillOntario's posts

Re: Tt to florida

You meant Nathan Horton!  :) 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

Tim Horton makes great cofee here in Canada!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikehawkislong69. Show mikehawkislong69's posts

In Response to Tt to florida:
    Just think about the possibility of Florida trading Vocoun, as they have discussed, and Boston sending Tim Thomas, Hamill and Lehtonen for Florida's # 3 pick in the draft and Tim Horton
    Posted by Bogie6

pretend you are the gm of florida. Why on earth would you make that deal. Do you look at trades from the other team's point of view. Thomas, hamill and lehtonen wont even get you NATHAN horton alone, never mind horton and the 3rd overall pick in the draft. Moron

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from joeschmo25. Show joeschmo25's posts

Florida has Tomas Vokoun, why get another veteran goaltender with a big cap hit. They also have arguably the best goaltending prospect outside of North America in Jakob Markstrom. You're going to need some serious firepower in terms of trade value just to get Nathan Horton alone, forget about the 3rd overall pick or the combination of the two. This isn't even a video game trade.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

And all along I thought they had resuccitated Tim Horton, Canadian fans always bite

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins4me. Show bruins4me's posts

Best way to respond to a dumb post like this is not to repond!!!! LOL

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from can-pats-fan. Show can-pats-fan's posts

Who wouldn't want an overpaid, old goaltender who's age finally caught up with him. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TuukkainNet. Show TuukkainNet's posts

Living in Florida I can tell you they would never even consider that deal. That being said, Vokun is more then likely on his way out and they desperately want to move Horton who has begun to have problems with the coaching staff.  In the final week of the season Horton had to be restrained by teammates while trying to go after the assistant coach.

A more likely deal would be Thomas, Wheeler for Horton.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Raskman. Show Raskman's posts

For starters, that deal is ridiculous.  No way Florida would even consider it.  Second, why would TT waive his NMC to go to Florida?  Like it or not, his career is on the backside of the mountain and he's going to want to go to a team that he can win with.  These next three years will be the best of what he has left and I'm sure he's not going to want to waste them on a rebuilding team.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jake1977. Show Jake1977's posts

In Response to Re: Tt to florida:
    In Response to Tt to florida : pretend you are the gm of florida. Why on earth would you make that deal. Do you look at trades from the other team's point of view. Thomas, hamill and lehtonen wont even get you NATHAN horton alone, never mind horton and the 3rd overall pick in the draft. Moron
    Posted by mikehawkislong69

couldn't have said it better!  These posts about trades make me laugh every day!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TuukkainNet. Show TuukkainNet's posts

TuukkainNet Florida wouldnt even do that because Wheeler is a RFA, so they would have to return most likely a 1st & 3rd round pick as Wheeler will probably make in the 2.6 to 3.9 million Compensation salary range.... so your talking Thomas/Wheeler for Horton, 1st round pick + 3rd Rounder... not happening. Thomas wont be going to Florida, they got a young goalie already in their system and they be better off keeping Vokoun who is younger and cheaper...Vokoun has 1 year left at 6.3 million, you bring in Thomas, thats $14 million you got to invest....Florida wouldnt do it...
    Posted by morphosis1974

I agree....My point was that a deal with Florida isn't going to happen.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from zink10. Show zink10's posts

In Response to Tt to florida:
    Posted by Bogie6

They don't how who Tim Horton was

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from FUhabs. Show FUhabs's posts

In Response to Tt to florida : pretend you are the gm of florida. Why on earth would you make that deal. Do you look at trades from the other team's point of view. Thomas, hamill and lehtonen wont even get you NATHAN horton alone, never mind horton and the 3rd overall pick in the draft. Moron
    Posted by mikehawkislong69

LMAO!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

#3 and Tim Horton - is that code for saying the guy drafted at #3 will only get a cup of coffee in the NHL?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from montecristo. Show montecristo's posts

Both Tim Horton coffee and Dunkin Donuts coffee is way overrated...kind of like Tim Thomas by some people on this board. If you want a good cup of coffee these days, get a Keurig or go to McDonalds.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from pucman. Show pucman's posts

at this point isnt tim thomas a salary dump that is not goin to get you great value unless packaged with some draft picks or prospects.....the bruins would be a much better team if it could shed 8-10 million off its cap....just that alone gives them the room to go out at trade deadline & bolster the line up,to sign a bona-fide free agent this summer....a 8-10 million $$$ salary dump this summer for a bag of peanuts in the long run makes the B,s a better club

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Both Tim Horton coffee and Dunkin Donuts coffee is way overrated...kind of like Tim Thomas by some people on this board. If you want a good cup of coffee these days, get a Keurig or go to McDonalds.
    Posted by montecristo

I kind of like to switch my coffee up from Timmies to President's Choice just like the B's did with TT and Tuukka during the regular season.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from beantowngm15. Show beantowngm15's posts

That will just get a dial tone.  If you want the 3rd Overall, you'll have to trade our own first rounder, toronto's second or our own second or both, toronto's pick next year and possibly someone like Hunwick.  I'd do that deal, as long as Chia doesn't mess up and takes Fowler, Gudbranson, or Conolly with that pick.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from joeschmo25. Show joeschmo25's posts

Taking Conolly with that pick would be messing it up (bad hip injury this early in his career is a ticking time bomb), and I think that trade amount would be too much. Maybe our own first rounder this year and ours in 2012. I would love to get Fowler or Gudbranson but I think we'd be better off taking the picks we have now. The player I think we'd be best off with is Jon Merill of the US development program. He's tough, he hits, he's a great skater and a great passer. He should be available around where we choose, hopefully available where we pick. He'd be great on our blueline, and wouldn't take too long to crack the lineup. I believe he's committed to Michigan next year but could be a one and done.

I wouldn't trade up unless we get blown away by an offer.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from joeschmo25. Show joeschmo25's posts

Agreed morphosis, Florida is the wasteland of the NHL. They have a competitive team, but are too cheap to keep them going. They need to get cheap, talented players if they're going to improve (in addition to a less thrifty ownership and a better location to play in). Fowler, along with Dmitri Kulikov, Keaton Ellerby and the rest of their defensive prospects will usher in a new lineup of a stud blueline. Stephen Weiss and Nathan Horton are the solid headlines to an otherwise anemic offensive corps. Jakob Markstrom signals the future of the goaltender position in Miami. They still need a few other big pieces, but this isn't a team that will auction their future to win right now. They sent a statement to the shareholders announcing the beginning of their rebuilding phase and the auctioning off of any valuable pieces for future building blocks. 

Columbus needs a big defenseman more than anything (in addition to a composed Steve Mason) so they won't be interested in moving any pieces. The Islanders need a bit of everything, but a stud defenseman more than anything else. I can see them trying to get Gudbranson if they can move up, because I don't see Columbus passing on him at the #4 spot. 

We're not going to get any of the big three defenseman, but we can still come home with a big piece in either Forbort or Merill. I've talked about both of them on different discussions, but to reiterate I believe we would be in excellent hands if we managed to draft one of them with our own first rounder (more likely Merill, as Forbort may go in the top 10). What this series with Buffalo has shown is that we need a physical team if we're ever going to win it all, and players like Boychuk, McQuaid and Sobotka (among others) are the kinds of gritty players we need if we're going to bring home the cup. Forbort and Merill are the physical players we need but also skilled enough to be top 2 or top 4 defensemen.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattymcgee55. Show mattymcgee55's posts

Florida has Tomas Vokoun, why get another veteran goaltender with a big cap hit. They also have arguably the best goaltending prospect outside of North America in Jakob Markstrom. You're going to need some serious firepower in terms of trade value just to get Nathan Horton alone, forget about the 3rd overall pick or the combination of the two. This isn't even a video game trade.
    Posted by joeschmo25

joe is right, Markstrom will be in the NHL in 2 years max. No way Florida would want TT.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from misterpaulo. Show misterpaulo's posts

TT to anyone for a 4th or 5th rounder is more realistic.

Sections
Shortcuts