Two trade possibilities

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bhsreddevil12. Show bhsreddevil12's posts

Two trade possibilities

What if we make two trades...

Savard + TOR 2011 Ist + Blake Wheeler's rights+ 2011 B's 3rd rounder for any one of: #3-7 this year and pick a D and then:

TT + #32 + 2010 4th round pick to PHI for Jeff Carter. (or exchange Gagne and drop the #32)

Not sure how accurate the compensation going out is, but I feel that this would address our need to move TT and Savard's contract (PC seems to want to move him and I have no problem with it) gives us another strong fwd in gagne/carter and moves us into top 7 to pick a solid D prospect.

I'd like your opinion based on whether or not we would be giving fair compensation to the teams we are making the trade with. Thanks.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from beantowngm15. Show beantowngm15's posts

Re: Two trade possibilities

Keep Savard.  Wheeler, 32, and Toronto's 2011 will get us in the 8-11 range.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boston-kyle. Show Boston-kyle's posts

Trade chara and wheeler for Number #3 or #4 to grab Cam Fowler or Brandon Gormley. Charas entering the final year of his contract. Core nucleus of defenseman will be Folwer or Gromley, Seidenberg, Boychuk.

Keep Savard.

Trade Tim Thomas and #32 for a top 6 winger.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

We all see savard and TT named in rumours and none of chara,,how would that work if PC did trade chara..usually a trade like that is *moms the word * until it happens.
    I do like the idea bhsreddevil12  puts up tho.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Guys I am glad you are not GM ....stop the drugs please before posting on this board ...

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from joeschmo25. Show joeschmo25's posts

We don't have either the 2010 4th rounder (sent to acquire Steven Kampfer) or the 2011 3rd rounder (the other piece in the Horton trade).

If we're trading Savard then our best bet would be Columbus, but without the 15th pick I don't think it gets done. And to add on that I think the 2011 Toronto pick is off limits until the trade deadline, where there we should know if it's movable or untouchable. Toronto may get better next season, or they may be just as bad. Kaberle is a big piece for them, if he's moved without getting a right now kind of player then Toronto may be no better off than they were now.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from paulbking. Show paulbking's posts

keep torontos pick in 2011    LOTTERY HERE WE COME BABY YA!!!! STUD D MAN NEXT DRAFT!!! LARRSSON FROM SWEDEN

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from joeschmo25. Show joeschmo25's posts

And Philadelphia wouldn't do that trade at all. They're looking to clear cap room and get a good goalie. They'd be better off trading Carter for Jonathan Quick, who's about 10 years younger and carries a smaller cap hit. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from OlsonicCreations. Show OlsonicCreations's posts

Sorry guys, these trades are really reall brutal

I mean

"Savard + TOR 2011 Ist + Blake Wheeler's rights+ 2011 B's 3rd rounder for any one of: #3-7 this year and pick a D and then: "

WOWOWO Imagine how fast PC would be fired for that deal.

utter insanity

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from sgmlrm3706. Show sgmlrm3706's posts

chara's cap # is too high to trade. I want to get back into the top 5 and grab a young defenseman but without that #15 we don't have a chance. there is a good chance that seguin will help and we can just hope to get one more draft pick to pan out. that doesn't sound like too much to ask

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BlackandGold24. Show BlackandGold24's posts

In Response to Re: Two trade possibilities:
    Guys I am glad you are not GM ....stop the drugs please before posting on this board ... Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013
    Posted by StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011

Meanwhile, you've been posting Wheeler's 50 goals for a long time. You don't believe that trading Chara is a possibility? Savard? Thomas? The way the team lost, something big needs to be done. Saying "keep this guy because he is good in the room and has a lot of heart" won't cut it. If they really had that heart, then where were they in the playoffs. I'm not advocating any of these trades because personally I think the scorer we got in Horton, plus Seguin or Hall, and maybe one more winger, would be enough to get us past where we were last year.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from joeschmo25. Show joeschmo25's posts

The good thing is that with Seidenberg around and Boychuk progressing we'll have two decent puck movers to offset anything that Wideman did, and their defensive talents are easy improvements. I agree with black and gold that having Horton and Seguin (probably Seguin, possibly Hall) will get us in a good position. It eliminates Julien's stupid need to put Paille anywhere in the top 6. If all works out well enough we could see a team that puts up the 08-09 numbers and could hopefully be more successful in the playoffs. 

Provided that Chiarelli doesn't shake up the team too much more (and if he does to eliminate the locker room poisons) we should be in excellent hands.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

Guys I am glad you are not GM ....stop the drugs please before posting on this board ... Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013
    Posted by StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011

At least we share our drugs lol.
    seriously the Bs are not done, there attempting to move one or 2 salaries. get to that top 10 pick to add to the 2nd, None of us here knows whats offered and for who but its fun trying to play the GM mind. Some deals sound great and some not so great but deals happen, likem or not

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BradyBruin. Show BradyBruin's posts

2 things -
    1.We need to move Savvy's contract? Thought he signed the club friendly contract that hit only $4M against the cap?
    2. Why would Savvy wave his no-movement clause to go to Columbus? He's on a contender, you think he wants to go back to the bowels of the league? He signed this contract to end his career in Boston.

Now, TT - I would like to see traded for his own sake, he would wave just to be a starter, but who will risk 3yrs @ $5M for a goalie coming off hip surgery @ 36 yrs old?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

2 things - 1.We need to move Savvy's contract? Thought he signed the club friendly contract that hit only $4M against the cap? 2. Why would Savvy wave his no-movement clause to go to Columbus? He's on a contender, you think he wants to go back to the bowels of the league? He signed this contract to end his career in Boston. Now, TT - I would like to see traded for his own sake, he would wave just to be a starter, but who will risk 3yrs @ $5M for a goalie coming off hip surgery @ 36 yrs old?
    Posted by BradyBruin

Savard didn't sign a contract to end his season in Boston.   He signed a contract to make a boatload of money and control his home address.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bigpapa1977. Show Bigpapa1977's posts

"Savard + TOR 2011 Ist + Blake Wheeler's rights+ 2011 B's 3rd rounder for any one of: #3-7 this year"

Let us forget for a moment that you included the #3 in 2011, which we don't have. 

You want to TRADE:

MARC SAVARD

AND

BLAKE WHEELER

AND

TORONTO'S FIRST ROUNDER IN 2011

For

EITHER the #3, #4, #5, #6 or #7 picks?  BTW, Fowler, Gunbrandson and Gormley will be gone by 5-6.

Are you CRAZY?!?!?  Put down the pipe and take a nice long breath.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from derrickmorin. Show derrickmorin's posts

In Response to Re: Two trade possibilities : Savard didn't sign a contract to end his season in Boston.   He signed a contract to make a boatload of money and control his home address.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

Wouldn't he have made a boatload of money and controlled his home address on July 1st? On July 1st he would have had 30 choices if he didn't sign.  He didn't sign so that he could choose between 2 or 3 possibilities in the off season.  If you don't think he could have got that much money on July 1st you obviously go on vacation every year during that time and steer clear of the internet.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: Two trade possibilities : Wouldn't he have made a boatload of money and controlled his home address on July 1st? On July 1st he would have had 30 choices if he didn't sign.  He didn't sign so that he could choose between 2 or 3 possibilities in the off season.  If you don't think he could have got that much money on July 1st you obviously go on vacation every year during that time and steer clear of the internet.
    Posted by derrickmorin

I don't know what he might have gotten.  I'm not sure he would have gotten $7M, $7M, $6.5M and $5M.  That's a lot of money for guy who will turn 33 before skating on the new deal and who doesn't make the players around him better.

The market isn't set yet for UFAs, so I guess we'll have to see what other players get before we determine if Savard might have gotten more.  Marleau, who is two years younger and has shown the ability to score a lot of goals, just signed four years at $6.9M each.  I don't think Savard is worth more than Marleau.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from derrickmorin. Show derrickmorin's posts

In Response to Re: Two trade possibilities : I don't know what he might have gotten.  I'm not sure he would have gotten $7M, $7M, $6.5M and $5M.  That's a lot of money for guy who will turn 33 before skating on the new deal and who doesn't make the players around him better. The market isn't set yet for UFAs, so I guess we'll have to see what other players get before we determine if Savard might have gotten more.  Marleau, who is two years younger and has shown the ability to score a lot of goals, just signed four years at $6.9M each.  I don't think Savard is worth more than Marleau.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

6.375 is in fact less than 6.9

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: Two trade possibilities : 6.375 is in fact less than 6.9
    Posted by derrickmorin

And Savard is, in fact, less than Marleau.

We'll see what others get and revisit the subject.  You could be right.  I could be undervaluing Savard.  I don't think I am, however.  I can't imagine anyone committing that money and length to him at this stage of his career.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruWingFan. Show BruWingFan's posts

Who cares what Savvy could have received on the open market? The fact is he signed with Boston at a very reasonable 4M cap hit. If he goes, the Horton deal is all for naught.

Wheeler is a Group 2 RFA and has been qualified @ 918K, (105% of last year's NHL Salary, not including bonuses). If PC doesn't get him signed he sits back on July 1 and sees if Wheeler receives any offer sheets. Then he can decide to match or take the compensation. Anything over 2M gets the B's a 1st and 3rd round pick in 2011. IMO we take the compensation.

If the Bruins were in a rebuilding stage I could see some of these deals making sense. The additions of Horton and the #2 pick will help offensively. We still have the core of our defense. If we have TT on opening day I'm fine with that as well. We need to tweak the lineup, not rebuild it.

Two changes I'd like to see:
    Kurtis Foster signed.
    If TT is moved then work something out with Minnesota for Josh Harding.
    *Contract year for Ryder so I'd be willing to stick with him and see how it plays out. He may click with Seguin/Hall. (Wishful thinking, I know...)

Forwards:
    Savard, Lucic, Horton, Bergeron, Krejci, Recchi, Ryder, Wheeler, Campbell, Seguin/Hall, Sobotka, Thornton, Paille, (Sturm)

Defense:
    Chara, Seidenberg, Ference, Boychuk, Foster, Stuart, (Hunwick)

Goal:
    Rask, Harding

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from JYaso. Show JYaso's posts

I'm still laughing @ that first trade proposal.  Sounds like the Vikings offering trading their whole draft for Herschel Walker.

I'll say this one more time--- the fascination with people on this board for trading a bunch of players for draft picks is comical.