Typical Boston Fans

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rooster41. Show Rooster41's posts

Typical Boston Fans

I took the liberty of reading through several of the posts after the Bruins Canes game on Sunday night. I have to say I am not surprised by the reactions to Walker's ko of Aaron Ward. Should Ward of defended himself? Probably this is hockey not golf. Should Walker have delivered a ko punch? Probably not but he was defending his teammate. What I am writing about here is your reactions? As a hockey fan/player it is amazing that you all have such short term memory loss. Did you watch Friday nights game? The Bruins were throwing cheap shots all over the place, I am not surprised the Canes retaliated as they did. Chara was cross checking players all over the ice, there was one play in front of the net, Chara cross checked one of the Canes at least 3 times while the player was trying to get up. I see people complaining about LaRose's play on Sunday come on! Don't act like the Bruins are skating around doing figure skating moves here. Looking forward to tonight's game of some great hockey.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkrejci46. Show dkrejci46's posts

Re: Typical Boston Fans

You didn't see Chara cross checking people all over the ice, you saw that in front of the net. Although it probably isn't written anywhere, you are allowed to cross check people in front of the net, any forward will tell you that you have to pay the price to be there. Furthermore, TSN polled 20 NHL players, 16 said that it was a sucker punch...its not just the fans that are pissed, so get over yourself.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from IHateRonBorges. Show IHateRonBorges's posts

Rooster, you're a typical d0uche...  I have a VERY hard time believing that you're a real hockey fan, let alone a hockey player, as you suggest you are, if you try to compare what the B's have been doing all series to what Walker (and the Canes, as a whole) did in Game 5...  The simple fact of the matter is that the Bruins could've been dirtballs like the Hurricanes, once the outcome was certain in Game 4, but they weren't...  Sure, there are tussles and skirmishes and pushing and shoving, on both sides, in every playoff game...  It is intense and emotional and guys are trying to protect their goalie and clear the crease...  It is expected...  A sucker punch is not AT ALL in the same league...  I don't know one self-respecting hockey player who punches a guy when they're not ready and haven't dropped their gloves...  Not only do they not do it, but they don't condone it, either...  The Hurricanes showed their true colors and took the classless route in Game 5...  Hey, it happens...  But you gotta call a spade a spade, when it does...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBRUINS. Show StanleyCuptotheBRUINS's posts

Hey Dude ...you wont enjoy the gane tonight ...its all over for the Canes ...winning 3 games is already over your own expections ..the only reason why you've won 3 games is that the B's had a very emotional serie against our Mtl ennemies ....but now we got back on our feet and Canes doesnt have enough depth to compete with the Powerfull Bears

See you next year ....turn off you TV and go to sleep early ....BRUINS have a mission and it is to win the Cup ....the baby Canes are history

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsUnite. Show BruinsUnite's posts

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from HermesConrad. Show HermesConrad's posts

If you dare to venture to the front of the net, you're gonna get punished, big time. That is why there's only a certain type of player that goes there in the first place.

You're in a scrap with one guy and the next thing you know you get popped by another guy out of the blue is a completely different story. I played hockey, too, Rooster. If you're surprised by people gettting "cross checked" in front of the net - I didn't see Chara doing that as you claim he did - then you must be one of the guys who hangs on the outside trying to pop it in from a bad angle off the goalie's back. I was one of the other guys...that's why my back is blown out so bad these days, I guess. Laughing

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonic. Show Olsonic's posts

My name is Kevin, and I'm a typical Bruins fan.

Informed. Knowledgeable. Loyal. Passionate. Aggressive.

Go bruins.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SullyFromMA. Show SullyFromMA's posts

[QUOTE]My name is Kevin, and I'm a typical Bruins fan. Informed. Knowledgeable. Loyal. Passionate. Aggressive. Go bruins.
    Posted by Olsonic[/QUOTE]

Well said sir, well said indeed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsUnite. Show BruinsUnite's posts

Here here.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from GABees. Show GABees's posts

Shut the f - up Rooster.... Go cluck on a hick newspaper... OH - AND LOOK - BRUINS SCORE FIRST!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SullyFromMA. Show SullyFromMA's posts

And second!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonic. Show Olsonic's posts

Bump.

Solid Boston.com bruins fans represent!

GAME 7 BABBBYYYYY

:)

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsUnite. Show BruinsUnite's posts

Not sure if this is typical of you all, but I came this close to getting my social life back-- again. Whew!

Now my Bruins go and take it to game 7, and will take the series, and I've got this date I've been putting off until the playoffs are over. No way he'll still be around by then!

But I choose hockey.

Heck, LOOK at those guys. How can a girl look at a man the same way again after discovering hockey? I mean, if there's just one criterion for being hot, and it is "looks manly standing next to Looch", then almost everyone is toast!

If I didn't love the sport so much I might still have to watch.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonic. Show Olsonic's posts

Hey bruins,

coming from a person that played an MMORPG for 4 years of my life, relax about spending time watching the bruins and posting on a forum.

this is a totally healthy use of time, and it would not be as good of forums without you.

:)

Cheers,

Olsonic
    Smile

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsUnite. Show BruinsUnite's posts

Thanx! & I knew it! It's safe. Besides, I'm pretty controlled throughout the regular season, so there's no need to see a shrink-- yet.

As for you, well, you have nothing to worry about, it seems. You take time off now and again-- healthy!

Maybe I should change my name to oBsessed. Less political.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from HermesConrad. Show HermesConrad's posts

[QUOTE]Bump. Solid Boston.com bruins fans represent! GAME 7 BABBBYYYYY :)
    Posted by Olsonic[/QUOTE]

OK..I'm down with the bump for this thread. :-)

Game 7 is gonna be awesome. I am SO looking foreward to it. Cheers to all you good folks in Bruins Nation today!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmikebruins8. Show mrmikebruins8's posts

yes its a fun day in boston cant wait for game 7

Sections
Shortcuts