UNDER FIRE IN THE HUB, BRUINS OWNER JACOBS DEFENDS OWNERSHIP

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gardensupportor. Show Gardensupportor's posts

I can't stand when the blind Bruins defenders say Jacobs has always spent in the top 10 of league spending. Simply not true.

Bruins Owner Jeremy Jacobs told Joe Gordon of the BOSTON HERALD that he can "understand the fans' frustration" after the team's poor season and the trade of longtime D Ray Bourque.  Jacobs: "They've been shortchanged this year.  Big time.  They say that I'm wrong and I should get out of there
    and [GM] Harry [Sinden] should get out of there. But they're dealing with emotion where I have to deal with the practical reality of it."  Jacobs said he doesn't envision selling the team and added, "I see my kids owning it"

Also in Boston, Kevin Paul Dupont writes that Jacobs "bristled at the suggestion that now
    might be the time to sell" the franchise.  Jacobs: "You mean get out of it?  Ain't gonna happen. I'm in this sport for a long time.  I think it's a terrific franchise, I really do."  Jacobs "acknowledged" that the Bruins rank in the top third of NHL teams for profits and the bottom third for payroll: "We're not hammerlocked here by financial restrictions. ... We have some [financial] latitude".

ON THE LEAGUE: Asked whether he is "in line to become" the next Chair of the NHL's Board of Governors, Jacobs said, "No. I think [Flames Vice Chair] Harley Hotchkiss does such
    a good job.  I'm deeply involved as chairman in the operation of the finance committee."  Jacobs, on the NHL's financial future: "If we can live through this present (bargaining agreement) we have a chance of getting a
    (salary) cap and making everybody make money in the sport. I think the key is we have to get some control over the cost of our players.  Everybody says you as management can do it. But the only way you can do it as management is by making sure everybody stays on course. You've got somebody like [the] New York [Rangers] spending $60 million in payroll this year.  That's ludicrous"

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dhitch. Show dhitch's posts

"Bruins Owner Jeremy Jacobs told JoeGordon of the BOSTON HERALD that he can "understand the fans'frustration" after the team's poor season and the trade of longtime DRay Bourque.  Jacobs: "They've been shortchanged this year. "

What is this...f'ing 2000 again? Trading Bourque and shortchanging fans this year?...Did I go back in time 8 yrs? Geeezes...join the rest of us in reality. And you call us bruins fans sheep and not in touch with reality. WE ARE MAX TO THE CAP...and im faaairly sure it is the year 2008. Could be wrong about that one.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptBubba. Show CaptBubba's posts

Yawn.

There's not a Bruins fan out there who would say "I am happy with the Jacobs regime", not one.  Would we like a local guy like Bob Kraft to own our franchise?  Yes, who wouldn't?  I'm not going to stop watching and rooting for the team I grew up with b/c of him.  I go to far less games than I used to (I ditched a 10 game pack last year) and I get repeated call from Bruins tickets sales guys who ask me if I want to buy some tickets and I feel bad for them.  I tell them I'm waiting for the team to earn my money back, but that doesn't mean I have to rail against the guy for trying to do his job.

It's simple, if you're that angry about it, stop caring.  Make your life easier.  We love hockey and want the B's to succeed and will be there when they do and, although we'd have every right to, we probably won't even call you a bandwagon jumper when it happens.

Fact is that the team is improving and Chiarelli is doing a good job considering the dog's dinner he got handed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from montecristo. Show montecristo's posts

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dogwhacker. Show dogwhacker's posts

Jacobs is SPENDING AS MUCH AS HE LEGALLY CAN.

Jacobs has the LOWEST CONCESSIONS IN BOSTON OR FOXBORO PRO SPORTS.

Jacobs is selling ALL YOU CAN EAT seats for $39.

My God, how can you criticize him.

Bob Kraft is the greediest bas--d in pro sports, just increased prices 70%, charges $100 for parking.

THANK GOD FOR THE JACOBS FAMIILY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from stillallbust08. Show stillallbust08's posts

[Quote]Jacobs is SPENDING AS MUCH AS HE LEGALLY CAN.

Bob Kraft is the greediest bas--d in pro sports, just increased prices 70%, charges $100 for parking.

THANK GOD FOR THE JACOBS FAMIILY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/Quote]

Talk about making stuff up!!!! First off Parking is $40 you dolt

And when Jeremy Jacobs wins 3 Stanley Cups and is playing in a championship game on almost a yearly basis then you can compare him to Bob Kraft!

Enjoy your all you can eat JJ dogs, it doesn't take much to impress a SHEEP

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ritwalljones. Show ritwalljones's posts

[Quote]Jacobs is SPENDING AS MUCH AS HE LEGALLY CAN.

THANK GOD FOR THE JACOBS FAMIILY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/Quote]

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from cup2009. Show cup2009's posts

all things you bring up are about the PAST, this is 2008 not 1991 harry sinden has little to do with the Bruins now 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from cup2009. Show cup2009's posts

This is 2008 not 1991, Can you talk in the Present

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jessup07. Show jessup07's posts

geeze, ive never seen this kind of post on here before, how about people complain about something like, wheres jesus? its been 2008 years and he's not back yet!!!

the guy above had it right when he posted zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bouncer617. Show bouncer617's posts

Please don't feed the troll.

The OP is a habs fan in disguise.  Note the name spelling, as it's a misspell of an actual fan who posts here.  It's either one guy using multiple fake names or there's a few of them.  It's always the same old story: Old news, straight up lies, and garbage debates from either side of the fence meant to annoy B's fans & cause arguments.  The smart ones already know Jacobs is a tool and how the cap system works.  Leave the dumb stuff to the rookies, bandwagon fans, and trolls. 

Real fans know better.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from havelrstarm. Show havelrstarm's posts

[Quote] if your boy jer actually wanted to compete for a championship murray and fernandez would've been cleared from the books and the cap space would've been utilized to make a run at a premier talent.[/Quote]

Thats about as good a point as I've heard, but the "real fans" aka the ones with the blinders on dont want to admit to that fact. I bet that 8 milion plus could have gone to improving this team greatly, but hey it's only money right.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

[Quote]you have to be kidding me. i decided to check in to see what people were thinking after the fa period. i'm legitimately shocked. the b's needed an elite goal scoring talent up front. they overpaid for a middle of the road guy, if he returns to form, but a huge percentage of the "real fans" love it. do you realize that the nhl has an unprecedented amount of young offensive talent? ovechkin, crosby, malkin, etc. i feel like i'm walking into a battered womans' shelter. did jacobs get visited by the 3 xmas ghosts and have an epiphany? i know, they spend to the cap. jacobs has spent a little once in the last 30 years and guess what, they are the 2 most productive players on the team. the mission statement of the bruins corporation is, always was and always will be first and foremost to maximize profits. everything else is secondary. i know about the young talent (bergeron, lucic, etc). nice players but i will eat a hockey puck if a team built around the core players here today gets through the second round. if your boy jer actually wanted to compete for a championship murray and fernandez would've been cleared from the books and the cap space would've been utilized to make a run at a premier talent. they would've gone after a legitimate gm instead of a yes man. it's kind of like vegas, as long as you know you're going to get beat on the way in then spend your paycheck, but know it's for entertainment only. as long as you "real fans" continue to eat shyte sandwiches, fill jer's pockets and enable this then the "bandwagon fans" who demand that an organization attempts to compete for a championship will continue to have hockey stolen from them. thanks.[/Quote]

If we had bought out both Manny and muzz it would mean losing Kessel or Krejci or both. No extra caps space to sign them next year if they have a good season. Both these guys have the ability to develope into allstar players.  You would have been robbing peter to pay paul.  PC and Cam want to develope our young players they have a plan but rebuilding takes time.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TurnpikeDave. Show TurnpikeDave's posts

[Quote]If we had bought out both Manny and muzz it would mean losing Kessel or Krejci or both. No extra caps space to sign them next year if they have a good season. Both these guys have the ability to develope into allstar players.  You would have been robbing peter to pay paul.  PC and Cam want to develope our young players they have a plan but rebuilding takes time.[/Quote]

What in gods green earth are you talking about???????

So by giving yourself an extra 8-9 million in cap space this year by demoting Murray and Manny it will mean you will lose Kessel and Krecji? Huh??

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

If you read my post it said if we bought them out.

If we were to send them to Providence as you suggest:

1 It would make it very difficult to sign Free agents again. We are just getting to the point of players considering us as an option and you would like to ruin it.

2 Both would be have to be placed on waivers and could be claimed for nothing.

3 It would leave us very weak in the goal. We would have to go out and over pay for another goalie.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

4 I am not sure if their contracts allow for them to be sent to the minors.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TurnpikeDave. Show TurnpikeDave's posts

[Quote]

4 I am not sure if their contracts allow for them to be sent to the minors.

[/Quote]

Its cut and dry, If you demote them to Providence their contracts are off the books and you have all their cap space to make moves with.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TurnpikeDave. Show TurnpikeDave's posts

[Quote]If you read my post it said if we bought them out.

If we were to send them to Providence as you suggest:

1 It would make it very difficult to sign Free agents again. We are just getting to the point of players considering us as an option and you would like to ruin it.

2 Both would be have to be placed on waivers and could be claimed for nothing.

3 It would leave us very weak in the goal. We would have to go out and over pay for another goalie.[/Quote]

1) No one wanted to come here except Ryder who only came because Chia over payed him. Campbell and Hossa ringing any bells?

2)Thats not true at all you are still on the hook for a portion of their salary even if someone is desperate enough to claim them off waivers

3) Auld should have been resigned in the first place for 1 Million the amount he signed with Ottawa and Fernandez and his 4.5 million let go.

4) Where are you getting your facts and info from because it is all wrong.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

It still does not change the fact that Bruins Management would look like aholes if they sent them to providence.  We would have needed to sign a much better goalie than Auld if we expect to go anywhere in the playoffs.  After playing 60 regular season games TT will have nothing left.

My point about losing them for nothing off waivers is the following:  If either player has a good year this year they may have value at the trade deadline when a team is only taking on part of their salaries.

We are more than one 8 million dollar player away from being a cup contender.  We need to let our youth develope and having two players taking up spots in providence makes no sense. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TurnpikeDave. Show TurnpikeDave's posts

[Quote]It still does not change the fact that Bruins Management would look like aholes if they sent them to providence.  We would have needed to sign a much better goalie than Auld if we expect to go anywhere in the playoffs.  After playing 60 regular season games TT will have nothing left.

My point about losing them for nothing off waivers is the following:  If either player has a good year this year they may have value at the trade deadline when a team is only taking on part of their salaries.

We are more than one 8 million dollar player away from being a cup contender.  We need to let our youth develope and having two players taking up spots in providence makes no sense. [/Quote]

Your worried about players feelings now and how management looks? Are you kidding me? Ok then lets keep more deadweight on the club, lets waste capspace and not sign anyone else because orrtheclueless wants to make everyone feel good about themselves. Boy are you a softy I doubt you'd be able to manage a McDonalds with that passive attitude.

I dont even know how to respond to your post you are so off the mark and obviously very uninformed that I doubt anyone could talk any sence into you.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mik802. Show mik802's posts

this is a business and that happens not everyone is going to feel good in the end if that is what it takes to be successful but for jacobs he is about successful enough for noone to be happy good job idiot

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

Dave, your brand of short sited thinking is what has prevented the bruins from winning the cup for 36 years.  With you as GM we never would. 

Why do you think Detriot can sign players to contracts less than other teams have offered?  It is simple they treat their players well and have a good team.  We will have that in the next few years as long as we don't ruin it by treating players like garbage.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BeamJim. Show BeamJim's posts

"Jacobs "acknowledged" that the Bruins rank in the top third of NHL teams for profits and the bottom third for payroll"

Argument over!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from stillallbost08. Show stillallbost08's posts

[Quote]"Jacobs "acknowledged" that the Bruins rank in the top third of NHL teams for profits and the bottom third for payroll"

Argument over!
    [/Quote]

I agree, everyone already knows how cheap JJ was back then. I'm just glad he is now willing to spend up to the cap and even eat the salary of a few higher priced players and a coach. Maybe he has learned from past errors. Can't live in the past if you want to succeed in the future.

Sections
Shortcuts